These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Beta Clones

Author
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2016-12-20 18:35:07 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:

The PI I purposely set under 1/3rd yield, that way there is no arguing about it: Omega is the best for PI profit, hands down.

so I need four silver accounts to match one omega?

Good thing they're nearly free then, isn't it.
Winter Archipelago
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#22 - 2016-12-20 19:11:49 UTC
Those "Beta" clones are way too good as you've described them.

I still think that, if a Beta-grade clone ever gets made, it should simply be all four racial Alpha skill-groups combined into one, allowing all four races' frigates through cruisers, basic weapons, and the faction ships they enable. You aren't making them exceptionally strong (and definitely not making it so that cheap subs can run higher-level PvE with minor effort), but you are opening a lot more paths for them to play on. Give them a bump in training time, too, so it's 1.5x (Alphas are 1.0x, Omegas are 2.0x).

That would be the absolute limit for what I would want to see in clone grades, though. Alpha as they are, Beta as all four racial Alphas combined, and the unrestricted Omegas.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2016-12-21 00:32:11 UTC
Winter Archipelago wrote:
Those "Beta" clones are way too good as you've described them.

I still think that, if a Beta-grade clone ever gets made, it should simply be all four racial Alpha skill-groups combined into one, allowing all four races' frigates through cruisers, basic weapons, and the faction ships they enable.

If that's all they get, what would be the incentive to pay any significant amount of money for them? I wouldn't pay over a tenth of the subscription rate for that.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Previous page12