These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Festival gifts

Author
zluq zabaa
Inhumanum Legionis
#81 - 2016-12-26 00:30:57 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Algarion Getz wrote:
So the final "extra special gift" are snowballs? Or am i missing something?

This is a bit disappointing to be honest because you gave away much better stuff before, like the 4-skin pack, the cerebral accelerator or 300 Aurum.

In general the gifts were pretty good though. Thank you.
Check your ship hangar.

Mr Epeen Cool

The Venture and Venture SKIN was given out on the 24th I think - or was it 23rd?

The SKINs and Aurum are nice, Accelerator useful, the other stuff probably depends on wether you enjoy their self-reflective humor, which means for some they will be enjoyable, which is good.

When I logged into EVE last night to see what CCPs special surprise would be, I had the same feeling I had as a kid before christmas. Back then it was never about how expensive the gifts were, just about the overall excitement. It even mattered more if my parents like what I gave them, to see them smile about the little crap I came up with, made my day.

So the "special gift" was a Snowball Launcher. If my parents gave me a real life Snowball Launcher I'd probably had terrorized the neighborhood all the way through summer and if they gave me a 2nd one the year after, I'd be happy about it again. As an adult I'm happy to feel the same excitement for things to come, but sad that I can't feel the same joy to get yet another snowball launcher in EVE. Not saying it is total crap, but it doesn't make me feel like CCP cares about making me glow with joy.

On the other hand I didn't do anything to make CCP happy, so I don't deserve ****. Ungrateful little bastard that I am :D

Merry Christmas everyone. o7
Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#82 - 2016-12-26 00:31:51 UTC
where the hell is my actual xmas day gift?
Bjorn Tyrson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#83 - 2016-12-26 00:43:10 UTC
Milla Goodpussy wrote:

You already got it, the launcher, snowballs, and skin was the Christmas day gift.
Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#84 - 2016-12-26 00:46:01 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Milla Goodpussy wrote:

You already got it, the launcher, snowballs, and skin was the Christmas day gift.

that's even more insulting than cheap skins..

Vigilant
Vigilant's Vigilante's
#85 - 2016-12-26 01:09:37 UTC
They went all out....Wheres the free Gnosis or something!
zluq zabaa
Inhumanum Legionis
#86 - 2016-12-26 01:32:18 UTC
Vigilant wrote:
They went all out....Wheres the free Gnosis or something!

Please, not another Gnosis!
Bjorn Tyrson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#87 - 2016-12-26 01:43:13 UTC
Milla Goodpussy wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Milla Goodpussy wrote:

They didn't have to give you anything. yeah it was a bit underwhelming, but so what, its better than not getting anything at all.
zluq zabaa
Inhumanum Legionis
#88 - 2016-12-26 02:14:31 UTC  |  Edited by: zluq zabaa
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Milla Goodpussy wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Milla Goodpussy wrote:

They didn't have to give you anything. yeah it was a bit underwhelming, but so what, its better than not getting anything at all.

"Cheap SKINs"... well, so what? That just says that you don't care about SKINs other than for their value in ISK. That's okay. I personally would prefer a new toy over some ISK. I wasn't around at the time, but imagine the first time the Gnosis came out a load of people were actually thinking: "What is this thing? It looks cool. It can do some things, but maybe nothing quite right. Only one way to find out!" No matter if ship, module or anything usable: I like presents that you can play around with.

Edit: and I do like the Guristas Beer Glass!! Really Badass
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#89 - 2016-12-26 02:43:20 UTC
Milla Goodpussy wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Milla Goodpussy wrote:

Cheap skins? Cheap anything. They could have given everyone a frakin' titan and people would complain.

You know why?

Because dumping half a million of anything into the game at once makes it pretty much valueless. No matter what it is. The utter lack of intelligence and basic common sense coupled with the typical gamer entitlement in here astounds me sometimes.

Get out of your little bubble, people, and look at the big picture before hamhandedly pounding keys in rage.

Mr Epeen Cool

Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#90 - 2016-12-26 03:24:28 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Milla Goodpussy wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Milla Goodpussy wrote:

Cheap skins? Cheap anything. They could have given everyone a frakin' titan and people would complain.

You know why?

Because dumping half a million of anything into the game at once makes it pretty much valueless. No matter what it is. The utter lack of intelligence and basic common sense coupled with the typical gamer entitlement in here astounds me sometimes.

Get out of your little bubble, people, and look at the big picture before hamhandedly pounding keys in rage.

Mr Epeen Cool

all i wanted for Christmas was for Mr. Epeen to be nice but instead he's turned out just like ccp fozzie
failed hope.
zluq zabaa
Inhumanum Legionis
#91 - 2016-12-26 23:54:33 UTC
the longer the thread the higher the likelihood of a foozie comparison