These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Festival gifts

Author
Sylvia Kildare
Kinetic Fury
#61 - 2016-12-21 03:26:47 UTC
Conar wrote:
So the WH gang needs to pop their head out daily to get any goodies? Kinda lame that they expire daily.

..... I'll take some cheese.

Conar 07

Or just have alts on the same accounts that can take the gifts for them at NPC stations, to be traded/contracted back to the mains later on.
Sylvia Kildare
Kinetic Fury
#62 - 2016-12-21 03:31:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Sylvia Kildare
Mara Pahrdi wrote:
What has Lysus done to earn that Kor-Azor family decree Blink?

This one is gold too:

Quote:
This formal letter of complaint seems to be addressed to a capsuleer by the name of Grath Telkin, and is written by an unidentified but clearly irate gentleman who appears to have lost a Chimera class carrier in the region of Pure Blind.

Yeah, love the Grath Telkin one. FCs all over EVE encourage their line members to EVEmail Grath Telkin in case of ship loss. Good to see the traditions of EVE continuing!

The Lysus thing was a reference to the Coronation of Catiz Tash-Murkon I. During the ceremony, Lysus was spamming Amarr local about how Catiz shouldn't be Empress and all (Lysus and Team Kor-Azor lost in the finals to Team Tash-Murkon), and was warned by CCP devs or ISN or someone repeatedly until they made him go flashy and his Paladin turned into a killmail.

EDIT: here's an in-game news post about the above:

https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/catiz-i-addresses-capsuleers-and-imperial-guard-after-historic-day-in-dam-torsad/
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#63 - 2016-12-21 05:59:26 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
It's not just you. I have kept every special item CCP has given me over the years - boot.ini, Alice Saki's Good Posting Guide, the five year Apothesis, etc.

I'm wearing my boots.ini right now. Still one of my favorites. The Zephyr is also an incredible model; I highly approve.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM Defensive Initiative
#64 - 2016-12-21 07:34:38 UTC
Ithera
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#65 - 2016-12-21 10:40:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Ithera
Elenahina wrote:
Ithera wrote:
I am an one day old alpha.

On my first day in Eve, I open a gift box and find a Vexor skin there.

Having no use for it because Caldari restricted, I open the market and see a buy order for 4 of those skins for 50 m ISK. I guess some collectors just have too much money. True story.

Thank you CCP and thank you whoever just bought this for kickstarting this character with extra 50 m. Bear

You will go far in Eve.

Thank you. So far I've made over 100 m from the festival gifts:

- Vexor skin: 50 m
- Accelerator: 30 m (no, one day of faster training isn't worth that amount of ISK grind, considering that she can't do level 4s or anything of the sort)
- Bought a Merlin skin for 25m in the career agent system from another newbie, sold for 50m in Jita

This night another round of skin giveaways went live and the Moa skins which were going for 150-200 million ISK plummeted down to 50-60 over a few hours. Eve's economy is fascinating.

If only there was a word filter or something so that I could blanket squelch anyone who says "honest", "doubling", "sale", "quitting" or "PLEX" in the local chat.
Gradinger
Todmacher
#66 - 2016-12-21 10:44:25 UTC
thank you CCP!
Stephen Yaken
BURN Dynamining Corporation
#67 - 2016-12-21 15:53:56 UTC
I received couple of Men/Women's YC119 Yoiul Festival Caps (a hat, not an Capacitor item!) and a ship skin from today's gift box. However, I can't equip those caps on any of my characters on the character customization screen? Should it be possible though?

I received some t-shirts earlier and was able to equip them though.
kardjaval
Curtana Joyeuse and Durendal Security
#68 - 2016-12-21 16:03:44 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
I got an e-mail from CCP that said:

"EVE Online is celebrating the Yoiul Festival, and you are invited! Log in daily to receive gifts for the next 12 days, starting Wednesday 14 December.
Log into EVE Online every day to ensure you don't miss out on any of the festive gifts!"

Well, I'd like to log in every day, but half way through the 12 days I get on a cruise ship. Out in the middle of the Pacific the only internet is the ship's satellite link, and its so slow they firewall off game like Eve. I'm sure I'm not alone. People with illness, deployments, and so on could miss one, a few, or all of the days.

Does anyone know if there will be a catch-up opportunity? CCP, are you really going to short change people who are going on vacation, or serving their country?

find a friend.

and totally just posses his body with your space amgic and log in for 30 seconds to claim your rewards.

repeat as neccessary.
kardjaval
Curtana Joyeuse and Durendal Security
#69 - 2016-12-21 16:05:15 UTC
Ithera wrote:
Elenahina wrote:
Ithera wrote:
I am an one day old alpha.

On my first day in Eve, I open a gift box and find a Vexor skin there.

Having no use for it because Caldari restricted, I open the market and see a buy order for 4 of those skins for 50 m ISK. I guess some collectors just have too much money. True story.

Thank you CCP and thank you whoever just bought this for kickstarting this character with extra 50 m. Bear

You will go far in Eve.

Thank you. So far I've made over 100 m from the festival gifts:

- Vexor skin: 50 m
- Accelerator: 30 m (no, one day of faster training isn't worth that amount of ISK grind, considering that she can't do level 4s or anything of the sort)
- Bought a Merlin skin for 25m in the career agent system from another newbie, sold for 50m in Jita

This night another round of skin giveaways went live and the Moa skins which were going for 150-200 million ISK plummeted down to 50-60 over a few hours. Eve's economy is fascinating.

If only there was a word filter or something so that I could blanket squelch anyone who says "honest", "doubling", "sale", "quitting" or "PLEX" in the local chat.

hey now, i am in jita local and i run teh only honest isk doubling and quartering service, it's not a scma adn i do exactly what i say, no rules, no lkimits, and you get 50% profits back nearly instantly rofl.
Doddy
Excidium.
#70 - 2016-12-21 17:56:17 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
I got an e-mail from CCP that said:

"EVE Online is celebrating the Yoiul Festival, and you are invited! Log in daily to receive gifts for the next 12 days, starting Wednesday 14 December.
Log into EVE Online every day to ensure you don't miss out on any of the festive gifts!"

Well, I'd like to log in every day, but half way through the 12 days I get on a cruise ship. Out in the middle of the Pacific the only internet is the ship's satellite link, and its so slow they firewall off game like Eve. I'm sure I'm not alone. People with illness, deployments, and so on could miss one, a few, or all of the days.

Does anyone know if there will be a catch-up opportunity? CCP, are you really going to short change people who are going on vacation, or serving their country?

It would be utterly pointless if they did that......
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#71 - 2016-12-21 19:15:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Pahrdi
Sylvia Kildare wrote:
Mara Pahrdi wrote:
What has Lysus done to earn that Kor-Azor family decree Blink?

This one is gold too:

Quote:
This formal letter of complaint seems to be addressed to a capsuleer by the name of Grath Telkin, and is written by an unidentified but clearly irate gentleman who appears to have lost a Chimera class carrier in the region of Pure Blind.

Yeah, love the Grath Telkin one. FCs all over EVE encourage their line members to EVEmail Grath Telkin in case of ship loss. Good to see the traditions of EVE continuing!

The Lysus thing was a reference to the Coronation of Catiz Tash-Murkon I. During the ceremony, Lysus was spamming Amarr local about how Catiz shouldn't be Empress and all (Lysus and Team Kor-Azor lost in the finals to Team Tash-Murkon), and was warned by CCP devs or ISN or someone repeatedly until they made him go flashy and his Paladin turned into a killmail.

EDIT: here's an in-game news post about the above:

https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/catiz-i-addresses-capsuleers-and-imperial-guard-after-historic-day-in-dam-torsad/

Tank you very much for sharing. It's very much appreciated! I sadly lack the time to stay informed atm Sad.

Remove standings and insurance.

Mik Nostrebor
Into the night
#72 - 2016-12-22 08:45:28 UTC
I would say that I can
t wear the cap either but..... :P
000Hunter000
Missiles 'R' Us
#73 - 2016-12-22 21:54:29 UTC
Algarion Getz wrote:

The amount also seems to be random. On one account i got 3 items, on the other 1. Thats pretty unfair TBH.

U must've been naughty! TwistedLol
Vigilant
Vigilant's Vigilante's
#74 - 2016-12-22 22:38:27 UTC
Surprised a Dev has not responded with the 25th and New years will be around till "X" date in Jan.

I would be happy with that, as I don't think I will be able to log in on the 25th

o7
Sylvia Kildare
Kinetic Fury
#75 - 2016-12-23 17:46:13 UTC
Mara Pahrdi wrote:
Tank you very much for sharing. It's very much appreciated! I sadly lack the time to stay informed atm Sad.

No problemo, you're quite welcome. I myself missed the actual coronation due to timezone but I did warp to the beacon where it happened later that day and the festivities were still ongoing. Heard about some of the stuff I had missed, and filled in the blanks with that link + some reddit threads. ;)

Yes, time... if only we could buy more of it.
DfLo 1913
ScReWeD uP InC
#76 - 2016-12-23 19:33:33 UTC
Steijn
Quay Industries
#77 - 2016-12-23 23:10:46 UTC
DfLo 1913 wrote:
What is today's gift?

doesnt seem to be 1 as none of my 3 accounts had anything to redeem.
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#78 - 2016-12-25 16:10:03 UTC
So the final "extra special gift" are snowballs? Or am i missing something?

This is a bit disappointing to be honest because you gave away much better stuff before, like the 4-skin pack, the cerebral accelerator or 300 Aurum.

In general the gifts were pretty good though. Thank you.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#79 - 2016-12-25 16:17:32 UTC
Algarion Getz wrote:

This is a bit disappointing to be honest because you gave away much better stuff before, like the 4-skin pack, the cerebral accelerator or 300 Aurum.

Check your ship hangar.

Mr Epeen Cool
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#80 - 2016-12-25 21:49:47 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Algarion Getz wrote:

Check your ship hangar.

Mr Epeen Cool

I did. I got a skin, 2 snowball launchers and 300 snowballs.