These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Festival gifts

Author
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#41 - 2016-12-16 10:08:08 UTC
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#42 - 2016-12-16 16:36:45 UTC
I log on to eve via a cell connection from the middle of the Sahara Desert.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

000Hunter000
Missiles 'R' Us
#43 - 2016-12-16 16:50:43 UTC
so... you're on a cruise and worried about those amazing gifts?

Okayyyyy.... Roll

there ship skins and garments, sofar i'm not impressed.

I wonder what the really special gifts are... a lump of coal? LMFAO!!!! Lol
ArgosDes
The Pathfinders
#44 - 2016-12-16 18:22:53 UTC
No gifts today lol? Waiting for the fourth one damn it.
Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#45 - 2016-12-16 23:15:20 UTC
DSpite Culhach
#46 - 2016-12-17 00:26:27 UTC
I'm not saying I don't appreciate "free stuff", but for the record, just for the OP, the 4th day rewards seem to be HIGHLY random, and are not usable items, ie:

Kor-Azor Family Decree
Scale Model Of [RFS] Mah’tu Rea
Forged Frigate Blueprints
Jezaja’s Giant Secure Container

and this trend might continue.

I apparently have no idea what I'm doing.

Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#47 - 2016-12-17 00:40:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
DSpite Culhach wrote:
I'm not saying I don't appreciate "free stuff", but for the record, just for the OP, the 4th day rewards seem to be HIGHLY random, and are not usable items, ie:

Kor-Azor Family Decree

The amount also seems to be random. On one account i got 3 items, on the other 1. Thats pretty unfair TBH.

EDIT: Seems you can get 1-4 random items. They are all unusuable though. No idea what they are for. Are the items from the lore of EVE?
Penelope VanDorn
DreyCorp
#48 - 2016-12-17 00:42:44 UTC
DSpite Culhach wrote:

Kor-Azor Family Decree

I got a "letter of complaint" rather than the Jezaja's Giant Secure Container. I have no idea what any of these are for.
Baboo Yagu
#49 - 2016-12-17 06:17:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Baboo Yagu
I Got a

[CNS] Kiirasha Final Broadcast Fragment
    A Letter Of Complaint
    Jezaja’s Giant Secure Container.

Apart from taking up space, just what ******* use is this ****?

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2016-12-17 06:24:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Baboo Yagu wrote:
I Got a

[CNS] Kiirasha Final Broadcast Fragment
    A Letter Of Complaint
    Jezaja’s Giant Secure Container.

Apart from taking up space, just what ******* use is this ****?

What use are skins? None. They're cosmetic. Gifts are gifts, and the ones we got today are lore items for a bit of fun. Did you expect CCP to give everyone a free titan? Magically generating materials out of thin air in this game is a great way to mess up the economy, so no, getting something 'useful' as a gift is unlikely to happen with the exception of occasional limited-run items. Like the Gnosis, which can be reprocessed for 1 tritanium, and is unlikely to mess up the economy as a result.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#51 - 2016-12-17 06:36:50 UTC
Personally, I look forward to gifts like the ones I got today. It shows that the devs have a sense of humor and it gives me tangible things to remind of events that I might otherwise forget.

For instance, I was putting them in my memento can and saw my Boots.ini (look it up if you are new) and it instantly put a smile on my face. For me, these things have more value than the skins and fashion that are now flooding the game to the point were I'm sick of looking at them.

But then, I tend to be kind of maudlin this time of year, so it might be just me that thinks this way.

Mr Epeen Cool
Ithera
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#52 - 2016-12-17 10:00:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Ithera
I am an one day old alpha.

On my first day in Eve, I open a gift box and find a Vexor skin there.

Having no use for it because Caldari restricted, I open the market and see a buy order for 4 of those skins for 50 m ISK. I guess some collectors just have too much money. True story.

Thank you CCP and thank you whoever just bought this for kickstarting this character with extra 50 m. Bear
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#53 - 2016-12-17 10:13:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Pahrdi
What has Lysus done to earn that Kor-Azor family decree Blink?

This one is gold too:

Quote:
This formal letter of complaint seems to be addressed to a capsuleer by the name of Grath Telkin, and is written by an unidentified but clearly irate gentleman who appears to have lost a Chimera class carrier in the region of Pure Blind.

Remove standings and insurance.

Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#54 - 2016-12-17 10:52:17 UTC
Jezaja's Giant Secure Container.

From the outside, nothing seems particularly unique about this giant secure container, other than the fact it is sealed with a custom designed electromagnetic bio-lock. It would appear that this container would be impossible to open, if it was not already unlocked. It contains thousands of datacores packed with opinion pieces and news articles on events in New Eden.

Stupid question..

Does this thing actually open? I need datacores :)

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Kanada Hita
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#55 - 2016-12-17 11:41:33 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:
Jezaja's Giant Secure Container.

From the outside, nothing seems particularly unique about this giant secure container, other than the fact it is sealed with a custom designed electromagnetic bio-lock. It would appear that this container would be impossible to open, if it was not already unlocked. It contains thousands of datacores packed with opinion pieces and news articles on events in New Eden.

Stupid question..

Does this thing actually open? I need datacores :)

It's already open.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#56 - 2016-12-17 12:12:37 UTC
Penelope VanDorn wrote:

I got a "letter of complaint" rather than the Jezaja's Giant Secure Container. I have no idea what any of these are for.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/5is0ee/so_im_pretty_sure_i_was_the_inspiration_for_a_new/

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Hipqo
Tyde8
#57 - 2016-12-17 15:06:14 UTC
Conar wrote:
So the WH gang needs to pop their head out daily to get any goodies? Kinda lame that they expire daily.

..... I'll take some cheese.

Conar 07

Redeem them in your citadel scrub!! And dont tell me you dont have one in your hole, its only a couple of bill....

A life is best lived, to not step into your grave in a well preserved body. Instead, to slide in side ways, all battered and bruised, screamming, "Holy SH**! What a ride!"

former Erata
Waydyne-Outer Prime Ltd.
#58 - 2016-12-20 22:43:18 UTC
Hello All, (eve newbie here)
Should we have received a gift for the 20th December?
I've received a gift each day before that but none for the 20th.
Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#59 - 2016-12-20 22:53:15 UTC
Ithera wrote:
I am an one day old alpha.

On my first day in Eve, I open a gift box and find a Vexor skin there.

Having no use for it because Caldari restricted, I open the market and see a buy order for 4 of those skins for 50 m ISK. I guess some collectors just have too much money. True story.

Thank you CCP and thank you whoever just bought this for kickstarting this character with extra 50 m. Bear

You will go far in Eve.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#60 - 2016-12-20 22:54:31 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Personally, I look forward to gifts like the ones I got today. It shows that the devs have a sense of humor and it gives me tangible things to remind of events that I might otherwise forget.

For instance, I was putting them in my memento can and saw my Boots.ini (look it up if you are new) and it instantly put a smile on my face. For me, these things have more value than the skins and fashion that are now flooding the game to the point were I'm sick of looking at them.

But then, I tend to be kind of maudlin this time of year, so it might be just me that thinks this way.

Mr Epeen Cool

It's not just you. I have kept every special item CCP has given me over the years - boot.ini, Alice Saki's Good Posting Guide, the five year Apothesis, etc.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno