These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Festival gifts

Author
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#21 - 2016-12-14 14:16:30 UTC
The purpose of the gifts are to get you to log in (in the hopes that you will stay logged in and provide content for others), not to give you a gift "just because". When people understand that CCP is a for profit company rather than a charity that's supposed to 'care', those people will be better off.
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#22 - 2016-12-14 15:38:29 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

And then he has the nerve to throw down, "think of the servicemen overseas!" as if he's one of them, or as if it's some kind of vacation.


Are you saying I should not have compassion for those who sacrifice to serve their country?

I think we should all think of ways to make the lives of those who serve better, even such minor things as video game gifts.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#23 - 2016-12-14 15:50:24 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Does anyone know if there will be a catch-up opportunity?
The catch-up opportunity is that all that stuff will be on the market at near giveaway prices come January.

Think about it. Every single acct (that's probably well over half a million right now) is getting these gifts. That's a lot of stuff flooding the market at the same time. The prices - like they do every year - will drop to next to nothing real fast.

So don't stress out. Enjoy your trip and grab the stuff when you get back.

Mr Epeen Cool
Draeman Hookah
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2016-12-14 16:02:16 UTC
Honestly man, you're going on a cruise. Stop thinking about EVE and start staring at Bikinis and having many drinks on your temporary credit card.

I would kill to have an opportunity to take a cruise but I can't so I play EVE. Gifts aren't that big of a deal, they will come around again. But cruises, at least for most people, are few and far between. Enjoy it.

Also, People serving their country are likely not worried about EVE. They would prepare their accounts for not having access to it while deployed and understand that gifts will be missed. Or they're one of the lucky units that has unrestricted internet access and can still play EVE on their computers. Either way, not a big deal.
Moc'kos Fejeg
Cats Illegal Strike Force
#25 - 2016-12-14 19:47:57 UTC
Hi!

Do I need to open the yoiul package on the same day as it redeemed, or enough to redeem, and the package remain in inventory forever?

Kosomot
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2016-12-14 20:16:10 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
I got an e-mail from CCP that said:

"EVE Online is celebrating the Yoiul Festival, and you are invited! Log in daily to receive gifts for the next 12 days, starting Wednesday 14 December.
...
Log into EVE Online every day to ensure you don't miss out on any of the festive gifts!"

Well, I'd like to log in every day, but half way through the 12 days I get on a cruise ship. Out in the middle of the Pacific the only internet is the ship's satellite link, and its so slow they firewall off game like Eve. I'm sure I'm not alone. People with illness, deployments, and so on could miss one, a few, or all of the days.

Does anyone know if there will be a catch-up opportunity? CCP, are you really going to short change people who are going on vacation, or serving their country?



So you are on a cruise liner, and your biggest worry is gifts from the game you play.

I get it I don't like missing out on fun promo's either, but this is the trade off of Real Life with Gaming Life, if you don't want to miss out, don't go on the cruise....

I wish i had your problems.

I'm just happy I can access the forums while i'm at work!!

Enjoy your Cruise

I am a miner, mission runner, and explorer...

or as EVE Online would have it...

A Carebear!!

Rovinia
Exotic Dancers Union
#27 - 2016-12-14 20:16:41 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:


Well, I'd like to log in every day, but half way through the 12 days I get on a cruise ship.


First World Problems, lol Lol

Want to swap? My gifts for your cruise ship trip?
Keno Skir
#28 - 2016-12-14 20:37:52 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
I got an e-mail from CCP that said:

"EVE Online is celebrating the Yoiul Festival, and you are invited! Log in daily to receive gifts for the next 12 days, starting Wednesday 14 December.
...
Log into EVE Online every day to ensure you don't miss out on any of the festive gifts!"

Well, I'd like to log in every day, but half way through the 12 days I get on a cruise ship. Out in the middle of the Pacific the only internet is the ship's satellite link, and its so slow they firewall off game like Eve. I'm sure I'm not alone. People with illness, deployments, and so on could miss one, a few, or all of the days.

Does anyone know if there will be a catch-up opportunity? CCP, are you really going to short change people who are going on vacation, or serving their country?


What the hell do your holiday plans or killing children for money have to do with a CHRISTMAS give away on a video game? Strangely i think you'll only get gifts if you log in at the correct time.. weird isn't it Roll
Josef Djugashvilis
#29 - 2016-12-14 20:42:45 UTC
May the good lord save me from ever being old enough to enjoy time on a cruise ship.

This is not a signature.

DSpite Culhach
#30 - 2016-12-15 14:06:15 UTC
As far as I can tell, Alphas also get the "rewards".

It would not be too late to plan ahead just far enough to pay a mate $5 in cold hard cash to install the client - or just copy the game folder across - and then get them to create an Alpha and log in once a day for 5 minutes to get the rewards, and after you get back, just pass them back to your full game account.

Totally legal and requires little effort.

Considering EVERYONE in the game is getting the rewards, also pretty sure they won't be worth much to buy from people that have no real use for them.

I apparently have no idea what I'm doing.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2016-12-15 14:11:54 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
May the good lord save me from ever being old enough to enjoy time on a cruise ship.



You don't have to be old to enjoy time on a cruise ship. Just find all the alzheimer's patients and convince them you're a long lost relative who should be on their will.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2016-12-15 14:17:08 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

And then he has the nerve to throw down, "think of the servicemen overseas!" as if he's one of them, or as if it's some kind of vacation.


Are you saying I should not have compassion for those who sacrifice to serve their country?

I think we should all think of ways to make the lives of those who serve better, even such minor things as video game gifts.


Like I said, mate, I have friends who serve and the last thing they're thinking about while dodging ISIS bullets is the free pixels they're missing out on in a ******* video game.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Conar
My Wormhole Hurts
#33 - 2016-12-15 20:46:49 UTC
So the WH gang needs to pop their head out daily to get any goodies? Kinda lame that they expire daily.

..... I'll take some cheese.


Conar 07
Neuntausend
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2016-12-15 21:22:17 UTC
It's SKINs and T-Shirts all the way down, isn't it?
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#35 - 2016-12-16 00:17:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
Ugh, missed the gift aswell. Why the hell do the gifts have a time limit?

Jenn aSide wrote:
The purpose of the gifts are to get you to log in (in the hopes that you will stay logged in and provide content for others), not to give you a gift "just because". When people understand that CCP is a for profit company rather than a charity that's supposed to 'care', those people will be better off.

Being forced to log in is just annoying. I pay 15€ a month so that i dont have to deal with all this F2P daily quest/reward crap.

At least the stuff will be cheap with all the Alphas selling it.
Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#36 - 2016-12-16 02:05:23 UTC
It's the season of giving.

If you or someone you know has missed out on one or more of the days of Festival items, post in this thread and someone will surely make things right.

Vincent, I will save a set of gift boxes just for you. Have fun on your trip
Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#37 - 2016-12-16 02:10:48 UTC
Moc'kos Fejeg wrote:
Hi!

Do I need to open the yoiul package on the same day as it redeemed, or enough to redeem, and the package remain in inventory forever?


It stays. The redeeming part is the bit with a timer.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#38 - 2016-12-16 06:36:13 UTC
Sugar Smacks
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2016-12-16 09:04:30 UTC
DSpite Culhach wrote:
As far as I can tell, Alphas also get the "rewards".

It would not be too late to plan ahead just far enough to pay a mate $5 in cold hard cash to install the client - or just copy the game folder across - and then get them to create an Alpha and log in once a day for 5 minutes to get the rewards, and after you get back, just pass them back to your full game account.

Totally legal and requires little effort.

Considering EVERYONE in the game is getting the rewards, also pretty sure they won't be worth much to buy from people that have no real use for them.



I just cant see that continuing if there are skill accelerators down the line like they hinted in the beginning.
Miriam Beckstein
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#40 - 2016-12-16 09:16:36 UTC
If you evemail me your login details, you can go on your cruise safe in the knowledge that I'll redeem your festival gifts for you, and the $2 worth of cosmetic goodies will be just waiting for you to get back. You might have had your head accidentally mined for skill injectors, but I guarantee you'll get the yoiul gifts.