These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

My new ship is destroyed during completion of the mission. How to rest

Author
Anna Phylaxxis
Asset Liquidation Inc
#21 - 2016-12-04 02:51:22 UTC
Soloman Jackson wrote:
I guess I forgot to mention begging on the forums... I guess that works too.

Roll

lol

If I was anywhere near gallente space I'd probably offer to 'remove' that killright he now has tooBlink

Anaphylaxis Emergency Plan

Everyone at risk for anaphylaxis should have an anaphylaxis emergency plan with clear instructions on how to treat symptoms and strategies to reduce risks.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2016-12-04 09:15:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta
Hello OP and welcome,

I've just studied your killmail, so please allow me to shed some light on the entire situation:

1. The kill took place in Old Man Star, which is a low security system, where aggressive actions against other players are pretty much legal ( although they will suffer a slight loss in security status). Furthermore, Old Man Star is kind of notorious as a very active pvp system, so you might have been in way over your head there.

2. You were not killed by the space police (better known as Concord, sometimes also CODE.) You were killed by players belonging to the rather reputable pirate Alliance Shadow Cartel. Why these fine people suddenly resort to baby seal clubbing is honestly beyond me- I suppose they mistook you for a scout alt or a cyno alt.

3. Attacking a ship that seems weak to you is exactly the right thing to do to make eve great again- but please note that when you are flying a noobship with civilian weapons, there is no such thing as "weaker than you"- you're pretty much the bottom of the food chain and should aim to get into a somewhat better ride before giving it an other try.

Since you were killed in regular pvp action, there's nothing a GM can do for you- everything working as intended.
But you had shown your resolve to engage in pvp even against overwhelming odds, which is a pretty nice attitude for a newbie.
So, from my personal and limited perspective, I'd say Shadow Cartel are now responsible for you. You break it, you buy it.
I feel they have some kind of moral obligation to either take you in and train you in the way of the pew or at least point you towards a newbie friendly corp which will do it for them.
Anyway, I'd really like to see someone from SC commenting here.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2016-12-04 10:40:12 UTC
Soloman Jackson wrote:
I log in and see the increase in player population and get happy.

Then I log into the forums and see this kind of post and lose all faith in humanity.

This game isn't for everyone. It's harsh and unforgiving. It will chew you up and spit you out, but that is the reason most of us love it.

You lost your ship? Buy a new one.

You can't afford it? Either try to earn the ISK to buy it, or lie cheat and steal to get another one.

Every decision you make in EvE has a consequence, be it good or bad. Keep that in mind in the future... should you decide to stay.

Well, you forget that casual playing has infected many people. They need time to acclimate to EVE. Even in Dark Souls you can retrieve your souls after a kill. People aren't accustomed to loosing everything when your ship disintegrates to pixels.
Previous page12