These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Ascension - General feedback (PC)

First post First post
Author
Tyrindel Vaedrelin
Kiosk Cartel
Fraternity.
#61 - 2016-11-15 14:08:00 UTC
auras voice sounds like some pre teen please return or fix
Greta Wolfcastle
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#62 - 2016-11-15 14:09:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Greta Wolfcastle
Overall, I am not a fan of the new character sheet. I do like the horizontally aligned tabs. They are simple and everything is easy to find. However, the Skills tab is a big downgrade from the previous version. It looks "cool" but is confusing and provides less information than the old version. Secondly, the character portrait is terrible. I know there is an option to close it, and that is what I have done, but I liked having the portraits that I spent time on being shown. Not some default view of my character staring off into space like an idiot. Get rid of the live picture or have an option to switch between that and the character photo and do something different with the skills tab and the new character sheet will be much better.

Also, the new voice. I really do not like the new voice.
Danetta Valens
Phayder Research
#63 - 2016-11-15 14:09:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Danetta Valens
Inventory tooltips are inconvenient.
It's probably okay with "icons" layout, but I usually use "list".

Example:
You hover your cursor over object (some module / ship). Tooltip appears.
Now you want to select previous object (one row above). Now your cursor hovering a tooltip and not an object, makes harder to select object. Pain for trader at least.

It also stops scrolling.
Annexe
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#64 - 2016-11-15 14:15:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Annexe
Character sheet top banner with half-cropped, pixelated and un-interactive character model is terrible UI design. Hiding the top banner is a cop-out. My character deserves to be seen.
I'm just going to quote myself from another thread:

Quote:
...the character portrait is even worse than I imagined. it's a total waste of space and looks ugly.

the portrait cannot be zoomed in/out or rotated, so it's a half cropped head that looks around.

I honestly prefer the layout of the display pic and character info that is on the current character sheet. the static square display pic with the info opposite is simple and easy to understand.

I like the idea of the animated character portrait, and this could apply to a square layout, although the low quality of the character render (not-even anti-aliasing fixes it) just looks horrible. I prefer the well rendered static image.

The character sheet needs to bring back the option to view portrait/full view, so we can admire our vanity items (RIP CQ)

- Character portrait header is a waste of space
- Square pic shows more of character
- Current picture is better rendered
- Make portrait zoomable
- Option to view full body

- Re-order the character sheet tabs so 'Character' is before 'Skills'
- Aura vocal samples are cringe-worthy
- T2 and T3 icons on ship icons in hanger are very indistinguishable
- Ship fitting simulation mode needs a 'reset' button

I will admit the ship fitting simulation is a great, and well-waited for tool!!

Annexe

ITAI - VIP

"i will pop your wreck with faction loot"

OverlordY
Interspan
#65 - 2016-11-15 14:22:30 UTC
Been on eve for 13 years..
The new character sheet is a mess, its so complicated and I can't even figure out what im doing on it.
Meerclaw
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2016-11-15 14:22:58 UTC
Bio deleted and Cerebral accelerator boost gone -_-

Ksand Defton
Aeternum Solum
#67 - 2016-11-15 14:25:49 UTC
Can we have old AURA back? New one is so annoying, please give us a choice between old and new.
Simi van Dacus
Hugelaser
#68 - 2016-11-15 14:27:34 UTC
The new voice (warp drive active voice, not the tutorial voice) does not fit in at all with Eve universe.
The prior voice was perfect, you could make it as an option in the audio section, you made sliders for every sound in the game, why not add the option for the old one?
There are many players that identify that voice with Eve universe, there really is no need to replace it with a completely flat and uninspired voice. Again, i'm talking about "warp drive active" voice.
Danetta Valens
Phayder Research
#69 - 2016-11-15 14:32:10 UTC
OverlordY wrote:
Been on eve for 13 years..
The new character sheet is a mess, its so complicated and I can't even figure out what im doing on it.

Pretty much this.
Oraac Ensor
#70 - 2016-11-15 14:33:07 UTC
Celly S wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
The huge expansion EVE Online: Ascension has been deployed on November 15 during an extended downtime. Please use this thread for general feedback.

so 2 factor auth is not enabled in my account settings, but the system says it is and I can't log in without going through the hoops...

Likewise.
Joseph O'Neil
Sanctum Within
#71 - 2016-11-15 14:33:24 UTC
I absolutely love the new explosions. I do however have some feedback I'd like to provide.

I use the orbit camera pretty much all the time, and when using the "look at" function, the camera used to linger on a ship that is exploding so that you could watch the explosion up close. It no longer lingers on a target, at least not for long enough to see the majesty of these new explosions up close. Would be nice if the camera would stay on the target ship a bit longer.
Tolui Azaph
Tiny Maids Provisional Unit
#72 - 2016-11-15 14:35:57 UTC
I don't particularly hate the new aura voice, but I liked the old one a whole lot. In fact, funny as it is, that warp drive active sound was what got me into the game.
It probably isn't feasible to get the old one back, but I'll ask anyway.
Failing that, can you at least release the warp drive sound somewhere? IIRC it was the only one missing from the soundcloud.
Danetta Valens
Phayder Research
#73 - 2016-11-15 14:36:05 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
Danetta Valens wrote:
Training time changes when I scroll training queue up and down.
http://puu.sh/sj3aY/959cf2b9d8.jpg
Here we can see 6:21:32, but when I scroll it down-up briefly, it changes:
http://puu.sh/sj3cC/c7c7816c68.jpg

Can you do this again and send a bug report right after, please?

It can be replicated 10 times out of 10. However, sending bug report is too complicated.
Oraac Ensor
#74 - 2016-11-15 14:37:45 UTC
RankOutsider wrote:
I can't believe CCP actually recorded one of their hamsters sayng "warp drive active" for this release. This has to be a joke!

EDIT: They also recorded it saying "docking request accepted"

A hamster, you say?

I thought it was K9.

Either way, the old voice was 1000% better.
Wedge Yamamoto
Old Scroogie Ltd
#75 - 2016-11-15 14:43:28 UTC
Like everyone else, my cerebral accelerator is gone. Probably lost about 16 hours. Bug report submitted.
Raw Matters
Brilliant Starfire
#76 - 2016-11-15 14:43:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Raw Matters
Some randomly assembled Ascension feedback from my POV:

Launcher
Launcher forgets added accounts by default, noticed that when I had to restart the launcher after email verification (why exactly do I need to restart the launcher for that??). Should remember the accounts (not the password) by default. Should also not have to restart the launcher after verification.

New Aura voice
Holy s... The old Aura wasn't the best voice acting in world but calm and fitting to the game. The new voice is.. I really don't know how to describe it... the worst I ever heard in any game. That jumpy, pseudo-happy voice combined with the filters is 100% annoying and 100% not fitting the game. "WARP ACTIVATED OH HELL YEAH!!" That's how it sounds like. I feel real pain when listening to that, and the first thing I had to do was to deactivate it. I have no idea what you guys were thinking releasing something like that?! Please add an option to go back to the old voice ASAP!

New character window
- Very unorganized and confusing.
- Window size is way too small/squeezed. Tough to use when your skill queue is >1 month. Training queue should be an extra window at the right side as before.
- Default setting on skills filter is unclear in the German translation at least: "Voraussetzung für" = "Requirement for" ... for what? Who? When? What do you want from me??
- Can no longer see how much of a specific skill was trained already towards its next level.

Fitting tool
- Good to have that in the game, but much to do you have.
- Unintuitive AF. Too many clicks necessary to get to what you want, which is the ship and a list of all possible modules you could add right now. That should be the default setting. Many icons don't really tell what they do, so you need to mouse-over and memorize them.
- Passive shield HP regeneration is all wrong. I compared several of my old ships with the EFT values and in all cases the numbers are about half of what they actually are. Guess you forgot resistance values. Which is why we...
- Need profiles for incoming damage for mission fitting.
- I cannot see the mining amount of my lasers and/or drones. There should be a per minute and per cycle view.
- Recommendation would be a great thing to have. I.E. you right-click on defense and select "Filter modules that increase passive shield defense"
- Also show ship bonus in info window according to my current skills, like "+10% drone damage and HP per level (+40%)"
- Add option to show ship/module stats if I had a certain mastery set completed.
- Module left-click should not include offline mode, because we don't offline modules on a regular basis. The button in the radial menu can handle that.
- Modules should also include DPS/HPS values, i.E.: remote shield booster.
- Again: German translation is sometimes very strange, example: Mining Preservation charge applies the effect "Bergbaukristall-Schwankungsbonus" = "Mining crystal sway bonus" ... what?!
- "Buy all" is ignoring rigs.
Do Nut
Caldari State
#77 - 2016-11-15 14:45:26 UTC
Please!

- Bring back the old voice!
- Bring back the separated training queue!
- Bring back the "SAVE" button for the training queue!
- Bring back the skill points of each skill!
- Bring back the rank of each skill!

Please!

And thank you:

- The simulation mode is great!
- The fitting browser is great too!

I wish good luck to you. Changing the login and security algorithms at the same day, when the rush of the alphas will start, is a very bad decision. Shocked

Happiness

is a way of travelling

not a destination.

SdeeeL
Balanced Unity
Goonswarm Federation
#78 - 2016-11-15 14:46:17 UTC
Email verification required
A confirmation email has been sent to ******@web.de.

eh no.. there is no email so.. ccp what happend? :(
Ordious Irvam
Doomheim
#79 - 2016-11-15 14:46:23 UTC
Hi,

So why can't an existing account experience the NPE when starting a new pilot? People coming back to the game, as an alpha initially, should have the ability to experience it! What is the reasoning behind this? It makes no sense to me and has totally ruined my return to the game, as I was excited to actually play something close to a modern video game story in the Eve universe.
Andronicus Maximo
Knights of Guinness and Blue Shamrocks
#80 - 2016-11-15 14:46:43 UTC
New explosions are nice, but i don't think i'll be spending much time watching them.

Character sheet seems awkward but i guess that's just a case of getting used to it.
Ditto for the ship fitting window.

Where did my Blood Raider booster go?.....can i have it back please.
Where did my Bio go?.....Can i have it back please. (if you had said you were going to delete them beforehand, we could have saved them elsewhere.)
What have you done to Aura's sexy voice? Please bring it back ASAP. The new one sounds like the annoying voice on Google maps and my wife won't let me play with the volume up nowBlink.

Not really sure about the email verification requirement. I resent having to provide my RL details just because some previous Eve quitters might return to the game now that its F2P and not remember the names of their chars....lame.

Telling me that i am now training skills at 2x speed is a misnomer. I am training at the same speed as before. I may be training at 2x the speed of Alpha clones but hey, that's their choice.

Looking forward to giving you more of my hard earned cash in the NES sale. My ships will now dazzle gankers and admirers alike across the cluster.Cool

Overall you seem to have put considerable effort into enhancing new player experience for the F2P brigade, whilst not putting quite as much in for the hardcore, pay to play, everyday existing players.

What happened to the redeemable items that were promised to players with fully paid up subscriptions?

Looking forward to the interaction with the new NPC mining fleets. Well done on improving the AI in that respect. Hope to see this expanded to all NPC interaction soon.

Initial impression 6/10 but hoping that this improves soon.