These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Ascension - General feedback (PC)

First post First post
Author
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#481 - 2016-11-16 22:26:57 UTC
Mining seems limited. Only having access to one mining frigate seems pointless. Even a trial account could get mining barges if you trained properly and not even counting how much slower alphas train than trial accounts.

As long as there's no tech or broken op pirate faction/t3 stuff being used idk why they're limiting it to only cruisers and a mining frigate. You can't really do anything with that. It's not valid a long term play option like they claimed.

Also surprised there's no new probe scanner interface or explanation of D scan for new players.
Calynus
Eques De Apocalypticum
#482 - 2016-11-16 22:29:44 UTC
Balabhadra Das wrote:
Here is the original thread about the "new" Aura voice.:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6711581

It was rudely commented on by the Dev then locked.

Unacceptable.

Very unprofessional. Personally, I don't like giving money to businesses who are rude and unprofessional to paying customers. I'm sure I'm not alone with this sentiment.
Benevolant Khan
Doomheim
#483 - 2016-11-16 22:33:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Benevolant Khan
Corporeal Universalis wrote:
Raw Matters wrote:
Following my own advice I just canceled my subscription with reason "Aura voice"

Let's see what happens.

I just cancelled my subscription with reason "Aura voice changed." as I was forced to turn it off, and I am now missing on various messages.

EVE without Aura, is not EVE.

So if Aura doesn't come back, I will not either.

yep your right - as not a single response from a dev on this thread for over a day its time to cancel my 4 subs too.

CCP Falcon - this guy needs to remember without any customers he doesnt have a job.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#484 - 2016-11-16 22:37:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
Skill Window feedback.

On first opening the window there is no selected focus for the scroll wheel. If the default focus could be set to the Skills section (Not the training queue, but where you see all skills in a category) then it would make life slightly smoother.
It does maintain the focus once you have selected either the skill window or training queue and then select a new category without having to mouse down and select again, but it would be easier to start with one.
Yoshi Ikuzo
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#485 - 2016-11-16 22:37:24 UTC
I totally love the new voice in Ascension, I also love the additional sounds. It makes mining so much more pleasant, in my view. If at all possible, I'd like to see a few voice samples added (in place of, or in addition to the sounds), such as 'Jumping from XXX to XXX' or 'Arriving/arrived at XXX' or 'Ore hold full' and such, for a more 'Sci-Fi' feel, but these are wishes, not gripes. I totally love what has been done!
DeadGuyVegas
JABOFPE
#486 - 2016-11-16 22:43:56 UTC
Not Happy with the new Aura voice. It has been a topic in Local, and Corp chat since the update.
I agree with others that the old voice was soothing.
My Corp and I hope CCP will look into and consider a toggle, or revert, or at least an edit of/from the new voice.
Yoshi Ikuzo
Gallente Federation
#487 - 2016-11-16 22:57:21 UTC
DeadGuyVegas wrote:
Not Happy with the new Aura voice. It has been a topic in Local, and Corp chat since the update.
I agree with others that the old voice was soothing.
My Corp and I hope CCP will look into and consider a toggle, or revert, or at least an edit of/from the new voice.

I thought the old voice was better than no voice, but I felt it sounded tired and "backgroundish" to the point that I often didn't hear it. This new voice sounds fresh and feminine and much more pleasant. To me, anyway.
Sandor Kurovsky
Gallente Federation
#488 - 2016-11-16 23:05:04 UTC
maxine Acami wrote:

1. mastery level for ships are way to limited. most cases you can maybe get mastery 1 even 2 at most.

my suggestion would be to allow all alphas to at least reach mastery 3 on all ships they can get the skills to pilot.

IMO, they had to draw the line somewhere. New players don't need to get beyond mastery 1 to decide whether or not they will continue playing the game/upgrading to a paid sub. Allowing new (or old) players to advance that far into the game without paying does not incentivize them to do so.

maxine Acami wrote:

2. mining limitation of ships for alphas are set very poorly. frigates only? that is basically saying oh here have a trial account forever. not very incising for new players to want to get a sub, not to mention the difficulty for some of us old time miner that had moved on to barges now have to reacquire the frigate. i can understand the lock out from the industrial and capital ships even the high-tech variants of ships but he barges not so much.

my suggestion would be allow the barges to alphas at least.

This would effectively ruin mining for paying players and allow an enormous opportunity for botting. Also, see my above rationale as it applies to this as well.

Karl Jerr
Herzack Unit
#489 - 2016-11-16 23:11:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Karl Jerr
Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#490 - 2016-11-16 23:11:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominous Nolen
Request: Set look at duration f an exploding ship to a longer period. I'm finding the camera changes back to the default view before we get a chance to see that sweet sweet explosion.

Edit: NVM I see in patch notes you already did. Thanks!

@dominousnolen

"Fly dangerously, Fly safe, Fly whatever, just keep Flying." - Lee Blackwood

Kalen Blackstar
Silver Sun Republic
Silent Infinity
#491 - 2016-11-17 00:02:27 UTC
I now disabled the Aura voice by setting "UI Speech Level" to 0. You have official destroyed one more aspect of the game. I struggle with the decision each time it comes up as to whether or not to renew my subscription. As I am disabling and turning away from one aspect of this game after another, that decision is getting easier and easier.
Jhani Bralhast
#492 - 2016-11-17 00:57:12 UTC
My feedback pretty much echoes most everyone else I've read so far: don't like the new character skill page layout and the new UI voice, but everything else seems pretty awesome so far!

The new skills page is very confusing and not intuitive at all. I could passively glimpse at the old one and know what my queue was like; this new one takes up way too much screen space while somehow showing less information than before. For that reason it is impressive to me but not in a positive manner!

And while I don't mean to be disrespectful to the voice actress who provided the new voice of EVE or the efforts of those involved, the old voice was far superior. It had a warm quality with good enunciation, vocal pace and inflection. Never once did that old voice come up and I wasn't interested in what it had to say. The new voice seems rushed - almost impatient - and is over-filtered to sound distant and tinny. It is not relatable or enjoyable at all, and actually affects my immersion into the game.

Please bring back the old voice!
Vrarrg
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#493 - 2016-11-17 01:06:39 UTC
Jhani Bralhast wrote:
My feedback pretty much echoes most everyone else I've read so far: don't like the new character skill page layout and the new UI voice, but everything else seems pretty awesome so far!

The new skills page is very confusing and not intuitive at all. I could passively glimpse at the old one and know what my queue was like; this new one takes up way too much screen space while somehow showing less information than before. For that reason it is impressive to me but not in a positive manner!

And while I don't mean to be disrespectful to the voice actress who provided the new voice of EVE or the efforts of those involved, the old voice was far superior. It had a warm quality with good enunciation, vocal pace and inflection. Never once did that old voice come up and I wasn't interested in what it had to say. The new voice seems rushed - almost impatient - and is over-filtered to sound distant and tinny. It is not relatable or enjoyable at all, and actually affects my immersion into the game.

Please bring back the old voice!

I agree 100%
Gyrr Sie
W.O.R.M-S.W.A.R.M
#494 - 2016-11-17 01:35:37 UTC
2FA nonsense - F!!! F!!! F!!!

Choice of Aura voice actor - F!!!
Ship AI is suppose to be calm and sexy not hyperactive teenybopper.

Character sheet ui change - F!!!
Skill queue does not show enough depth
Containers for skills are not alphabetical

Mouse over pop ups should be bound to holding a key down... pick a key any key... I don't like it by default - C-

Boosting changes - B+
Range and need for "ammo"

Mining ship changes - A
I like the Orca and Rorqual changes for the most part

in game EFT - B
Needs some work but over all good job

Still have to check out the rest of it due to 2FA issues yesterday not allowing me to log in the rest of my nerds.

Lest I forget... Yahoo.com - if there was a grade below an F they would get it.
Caldranna
Let's annoy'em
#495 - 2016-11-17 01:50:16 UTC
Give old Aura voice back!
Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#496 - 2016-11-17 03:43:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Regan Rotineque
Quite like some of the changes

new explosions - very nice
orca changes - great
NPC Miners - really like the idea/concept behind it - would love to see the old convoy's come back to be raided as well.
New Boost Charges - really actually like this idea too - now add them to cloaking :)

Some things not so good

New Aura - sorry but I really dont like her - too short almost snippy sounding - hard to hear/understand - would have been nice if we kept old Aura for the things that old Aura did so well - and they had new Aura for the NPE.

The new character sheet -
The good - I like the hover over on the skills and the list of modules/guns or new skills that open as you train

The not so good - I really dont like the formatting here - much prefer having the window use a widescreen approach so that you could have the skills list and the training queue side by side. There is lots of wasted space this way, and the box does not scale as you make it wider/narrower. Also you can only see limited items at a time in the queue or the in the available skills depending on sizing those windows. The side by side allow you to see them all - the old tree system was imho FAR superior.
Also we cannot see if the skill is 2x, 4x etc... or how many SP it takes to achieve clearly. So new things were added but it is what was taken away that is the problem.
Awkward Pi Duolus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#497 - 2016-11-17 04:10:45 UTC
I actually like the new Aura voice :)

The golden edge on T2 message.. more of an eyesore now than ever was.
conney Cadelanne
Violence is the Answer
Wormhole Society
#498 - 2016-11-17 04:20:24 UTC
new aura voice is BAD , stop changiing things and calling it an improvment.

new skill window BAD, no beter then the old one.

new ghost fitting is awesome, legitimate addition WE NEEDED THIS.. not some bs "we changed arua to be more up to date to curent syfy culture"
Victoria Cohen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#499 - 2016-11-17 04:44:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Victoria Cohen
Cool stuff:
1-explosion, good job
2-caracter sheet, not so clear but good enough
3-skill queu: skill shows in tooltip what it unlocks, good idea
4-ship changes: cool

Not cool stuff:
1- your 2 factors verification is annoying and not totaly working properly, 3 out of 5 accounts locked down and responseless ticket opened
2- bring back the lady's voice! Wasnt there more important issue to work on? If i remember correctly, my father used to say: "if it aint broken, dont fix it!"

So:
1- you owe me Skillpoint as my Blood Raider Accelerator stoped working
2- you owe me RL money gentlemen as you prevent me from using your services... id be down for:
[ ( nb. day without play / 30) X montly fees + adjustments ] X 3 accounts
You are always willing to take my money, but far less welling to give yours when you **** up!
3- you also owe me ISK as you prevent me from farming my stuff and im falling behind ISK wise... it's 100M per day!!
do you have an idea, CCP, how much time i waste playing your very slow pace game? i need that money i would have honestly earned!

Overall:
Very unsatisfied customer here <=====
in RL, i pay for my mistakes, pay for yours!
GetOUT The Way817CH
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#500 - 2016-11-17 05:04:12 UTC
OYG that has happened with the voice of AURA, I want to disable it.
Who is responsible for choosing that voice, who is responsible for my computer on board is "Lady Di".
It seems that at any moment it is going to say to me "Charles is the hour of the Tea".

I guess it will be the fault of "fozziev", is not it the one that all the people charge with the fault when something fails in CCP?