These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[GalFed] Villore Assembly: Restoration of the Mannar homeworld

Author
Zeiki Amatin
Isonomia
#1 - 2016-11-04 07:01:48 UTC
Quote:
Resolution VA/03/03

Second Villore Assembly

Sponsors: Aedre Lafisques, Alain Colcer, James Syagrius, Xun Yu

Signatories: Kolodi Ramal, Tressith Sefira, Tristan Valentina, Xadiran

Endorsements:

Topic: “Restoration of the Mannar homeworld”

The Villore Assembly,

Guided by the articles and principles of the Federal Charter and Federal Constitution,

Recalling the enormous contributions made to the Federation and her member-states by the Mannar people at all levels and in all fields of human endeavour,

Recognising the scale of disaster that befell the Mannar homeworld as a result of complete ecosystem collapse,

Recognising further the complexity and scale of the project undertaken by the Federation to restore the environment of the Mannar homeworld,

Emphasising the diverse skills and sizeable resources available to the Villore Assembly as a result of its capsuleer membership,

Reaffirms the importance of this restoration effort to not only the Mannar people, but the wider Federation asks the Federal Senate and the Office of the President to:

  1. Provide a public statement on the progress of the restoration effort,
  2. Release information to the Villore Assembly on any scientific difficulties or resource shortages that are involved in delaying the completion of the project,
  3. Stipulate a contact, and a location, for the Villore Assembly to mobilise its resources to aid the Federal Government in the restoration efforts.


- Press Secretary Zeiki Amatin
Villore Assembly
Xun Yu
Sanxing
#2 - 2016-11-04 07:06:44 UTC
I applaud this resolution of the Villore Assembly which endeavours to not only seek clarification on the status of the homeworld of a people storied in Federal history and service; but also extends a hand of support to see that world restored to its rightful inhabitants.

Taishou Xun Yu

Sanxing - 'Three Stars' - Committed to the Jin-Mei and the Federation

Find us on your Neocom on the router: Sanxing

Jason Galente
Hole Punchers
The Initiative.
#3 - 2016-11-04 09:52:30 UTC
Nice.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Skyweir Kinnison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-11-04 10:46:35 UTC
As a professional politician of Mannar heritage who represents a constituency with many voters from the diaspora in Solitude, I'm pleased to see a statement on the restoration.

It's a little disappointing that the statement contains very little in the way of concrete action. A fine example of the civil servant's art to be sure, but what is actually being added to the existing Federation programme? Why is the Assemby considered a privileged body to demand the Senate keep them briefed?

The Mannar people scattered through the cluster have been contributing to restorative charities - as well as through the taxes raised from many successful businesses. We're also not overly sentimental about a planet per se. 'Home is where the hearth is' as we say, and our hearth fires illuminate and warm many frontiers of the cluster now.

Nonetheless, it is an honour for the Assemby to note my people's contributions to the cause of Liberty and the Federation, so thank you for that. I wish your efforts well.

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Xun Yu
Sanxing
#5 - 2016-11-04 11:05:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Xun Yu
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:
As a professional politician of Mannar heritage who represents a constituency with many voters from the diaspora in Solitude, I'm pleased to see a statement on the restoration.

It's a little disappointing that the statement contains very little in the way of concrete action. A fine example of the civil servant's art to be sure, but what is actually being added to the existing Federation programme? Why is the Assemby considered a privileged body to demand the Senate keep them briefed?

The Mannar people scattered through the cluster have been contributing to restorative charities - as well as through the taxes raised from many successful businesses. We're also not overly sentimental about a planet per se. 'Home is where the hearth is' as we say, and our hearth fires illuminate and warm many frontiers of the cluster now.

Nonetheless, it is an honour for the Assemby to note my people's contributions to the cause of Liberty and the Federation, so thank you for that. I wish your efforts well.


Jueshi Kinnison,

As a sponsor of this bill I would like to address a few of your concerns if you will permit me. Allow me to reaffirm, my personal, affection for the Mannar people and recollection of the historical ties between our peoples.

While I appreciate your annoyance at the lack of a concrete commitment to action I would ask that you consider firstly that we have heard no official update on the project. It would be foolhardy to commit to an action when we do not know what action is exactly called for. I would also suggest that item 3, "Stipulate a contact, and a location, for the Villore Assembly to mobilise its resources to aid the Federal Government in the restoration efforts" does in fact contain within it an affirmation of intended action.

Further to the notion that the Villore Assembly demands to be addressed I will simply direct you to the relevant article, " asks the Federal Senate and the Office of the President to" you will note it is not a demand but rather a request.

As with all peoples in the Federation the Mannar people are as you say scattered throughout the Federation, and I am sure your second home of Mannar Seginde has over the intervening century come to hold an important place in your collective conscious. However, one never forgets your home, the cradle from which your civilisation emerged, and certainly though some may never return to the cradle to allow it to languish in its current state is a poor tribute to such an important place in Federal and cluster history.

Warmly,
Taishou Xun Yu

Sanxing - 'Three Stars' - Committed to the Jin-Mei and the Federation

Find us on your Neocom on the router: Sanxing

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#6 - 2016-11-04 11:33:26 UTC
Excuse me for the intervention, but for now it will be done with words only (though you shall know I have guns behind my back).

I believe that prior to beginning of the restoration of something the first thing one has to remove is the factor that has caused the dilapidation and/or destruction.

In case of the Mannar world the destructive factor was the Gallente Federation.

Remove it, please, let Mannar have their independence, and then help them.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Lord Kailethre
Oruze Cruise
White Stag Exit Bag
#7 - 2016-11-04 11:39:35 UTC
I'm sure if the mannar wanted independence they could petition for it in the federation senate.

Or claim it through war as the caldari did.

So far they don't seem much interested in either?
Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#8 - 2016-11-04 11:49:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Diana Kim
Lord Kailethre wrote:
I'm sure if the mannar wanted independence they could petition for it in the federation senate.

Or claim it through war as the caldari did.

So far they don't seem much interested in either?

We neither "petitioned", nor claimed through war.

We have declared our independence. And gallente went war on us afterwards.


As for the mannar... do you think such sort of "petition" could pass, considering that gallente use that degenerative democratic system? Amount of gallente votes will simply overwhelm them. And going to war? I don't think they will have chance either. Even if they declare they would like to join us, with their position deep inside the Federation they will be simply stomped into the dirt before we even reach them to evacuate.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Skyweir Kinnison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-11-04 13:28:47 UTC
Xun Yu wrote:

Jueshi Kinnison,

As a sponsor of this bill I would like to address a few of your concerns if you will permit me. Allow me to reaffirm, my personal, affection for the Mannar people and recollection of the historical ties between our peoples.

While I appreciate your annoyance at the lack of a concrete commitment to action I would ask that you consider firstly that we have heard no official update on the project. It would be foolhardy to commit to an action when we do not know what action is exactly called for. I would also suggest that item 3, "Stipulate a contact, and a location, for the Villore Assembly to mobilise its resources to aid the Federal Government in the restoration efforts" does in fact contain within it an affirmation of intended action.

Further to the notion that the Villore Assembly demands to be addressed I will simply direct you to the relevant article, " asks the Federal Senate and the Office of the President to" you will note it is not a demand but rather a request.

As with all peoples in the Federation the Mannar people are as you say scattered throughout the Federation, and I am sure your second home of Mannar Seginde has over the intervening century come to hold an important place in your collective conscious. However, one never forgets your home, the cradle from which your civilisation emerged, and certainly though some may never return to the cradle to allow it to languish in its current state is a poor tribute to such an important place in Federal and cluster history.

Warmly,
Taishou Xun Yu


Thank you, M. Sun Yu, for your warm and gracious reply.

I agree with you that our place of origin is worth restoring if possible. I am not familiar enough with Jin-Mei culture to know how attached your people are to their homelands, but Mannar tradition is very family oriented. Ever since the end of the monarchy, we have embraced the freedom that being part of the Federation brings, and the immense opportunities that are offered by liberty.

The centre of the Mannar home is the hearth, as I indicated. It is an ancient tradition that the home fire, once lit, should never be allowed to extinguish, being a symbol of the family and the safety that our ancient people felt as night fell and we sat by the fire that gave life and comfort. Hundreds of years ago, when the Kinnisons left for the frontier in Solitude, we brought our fire with us, and that fire lit my ancestor's very first hut on the lonely world of Octanneve V. The very same flame lights the inner hall of Coldhammer to this day.

Unlike the Caldari, for example, who seem so deeply attached to their home planet to the extent of terrible war, we consider our home to be where our family and hearth fire live. It is why we are, in the main, ardent supporters of the Federation and her freedoms where others seek political autonomy or 'independence' to define themselves - as if each man is not as independent as he wishes, and as free as his ability to make his own fire grants him.

Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.

Lord Kailethre
Oruze Cruise
White Stag Exit Bag
#10 - 2016-11-04 13:42:02 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Lord Kailethre wrote:
I'm sure if the mannar wanted independence they could petition for it in the federation senate.

Or claim it through war as the caldari did.

So far they don't seem much interested in either?

We neither "petitioned", nor claimed through war.

We have declared our independence. And gallente went war on us afterwards.


As for the mannar... do you think such sort of "petition" could pass, considering that gallente use that degenerative democratic system? Amount of gallente votes will simply overwhelm them. And going to war? I don't think they will have chance either. Even if they declare they would like to join us, with their position deep inside the Federation they will be simply stomped into the dirt before we even reach them to evacuate.


That was me politely telling you to shut up.
Here's me doing it not so politely.

Shut up. Your opinions are unwanted by almost everyone in existence. You have literally no reasons to be throwing your asinine vitriol around in threads like this except to garner some reactions, which apparently, seem to sustain your horrific skeletal corpse-body.
Just go away.
Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#11 - 2016-11-04 19:44:56 UTC
Lord Kailethre wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Lord Kailethre wrote:
I'm sure if the mannar wanted independence they could petition for it in the federation senate.

Or claim it through war as the caldari did.

So far they don't seem much interested in either?

We neither "petitioned", nor claimed through war.

We have declared our independence. And gallente went war on us afterwards.


As for the mannar... do you think such sort of "petition" could pass, considering that gallente use that degenerative democratic system? Amount of gallente votes will simply overwhelm them. And going to war? I don't think they will have chance either. Even if they declare they would like to join us, with their position deep inside the Federation they will be simply stomped into the dirt before we even reach them to evacuate.


That was me politely telling you to shut up.
Here's me doing it not so politely.

Shut up. Your opinions are unwanted by almost everyone in existence. You have literally no reasons to be throwing your asinine vitriol around ...

Back to you. If you fail to meet minimal standards of civilized conversation, you know... it's not my opinions that don't matter. It is yours, since as I look, you fail to bring into conversation anything except trolling. And thus begone, clown.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Luna Hanaya
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2016-11-04 20:58:01 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Lord Kailethre wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Lord Kailethre wrote:
I'm sure if the mannar wanted independence they could petition for it in the federation senate.

Or claim it through war as the caldari did.

So far they don't seem much interested in either?

We neither "petitioned", nor claimed through war.

We have declared our independence. And gallente went war on us afterwards.


As for the mannar... do you think such sort of "petition" could pass, considering that gallente use that degenerative democratic system? Amount of gallente votes will simply overwhelm them. And going to war? I don't think they will have chance either. Even if they declare they would like to join us, with their position deep inside the Federation they will be simply stomped into the dirt before we even reach them to evacuate.


That was me politely telling you to shut up.
Here's me doing it not so politely.

Shut up. Your opinions are unwanted by almost everyone in existence. You have literally no reasons to be throwing your asinine vitriol around ...

Back to you. If you fail to meet minimal standards of civilized conversation, you know... it's not my opinions that don't matter. It is yours, since as I look, you fail to bring into conversation anything except trolling. And thus begone, clown.

Please forgive him! He doesn't represent the Empire and please don't make any hasty conclusions about Amarr because he said this. Please, just be so kind and don't start any diplomatic issues because of his antics, just ignore him, okay?...

((

If you are a roleplayer, please join official CCP channels ingame for roleplayers and support roleplaying community:

Intergalactic Summit - IC router

Out of Character - channel for discussion of roleplay, live events and lore

))

Xun Yu
Sanxing
#13 - 2016-11-04 21:59:48 UTC
Skyweir Kinnison wrote:


Thank you, M. Sun Yu, for your warm and gracious reply.

I agree with you that our place of origin is worth restoring if possible. I am not familiar enough with Jin-Mei culture to know how attached your people are to their homelands, but Mannar tradition is very family oriented. Ever since the end of the monarchy, we have embraced the freedom that being part of the Federation brings, and the immense opportunities that are offered by liberty.

The centre of the Mannar home is the hearth, as I indicated. It is an ancient tradition that the home fire, once lit, should never be allowed to extinguish, being a symbol of the family and the safety that our ancient people felt as night fell and we sat by the fire that gave life and comfort. Hundreds of years ago, when the Kinnisons left for the frontier in Solitude, we brought our fire with us, and that fire lit my ancestor's very first hut on the lonely world of Octanneve V. The very same flame lights the inner hall of Coldhammer to this day.

Unlike the Caldari, for example, who seem so deeply attached to their home planet to the extent of terrible war, we consider our home to be where our family and hearth fire live. It is why we are, in the main, ardent supporters of the Federation and her freedoms where others seek political autonomy or 'independence' to define themselves - as if each man is not as independent as he wishes, and as free as his ability to make his own fire grants him.


Jueshi Kinnison,

It is a rare thing to find such a stimulating conversation, and pleasant conversation partner in this forum.

I would be delighted if when you are next available to talk more in person at the Mo Li Hua Teahouse. I hope the conversation will continue to be enlightening in person.

May your luck be as vast as the Eastern Sea,
Taishou Xun Yu

Sanxing - 'Three Stars' - Committed to the Jin-Mei and the Federation

Find us on your Neocom on the router: Sanxing