These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Dev Blog: DUST 514 Closed Beta Signup Now Live

First post First post
Author
Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#101 - 2011-12-23 17:40:21 UTC
ya i wanna shoot people in the face.

send that email
Lucien Visteen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#102 - 2011-12-23 18:29:55 UTC
Hecatonis wrote:
ya i wanna shoot people in the face.

send that email


not empty quoting.

Send that mail!

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.

Hienz Doofenshmirtz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#103 - 2011-12-23 18:31:48 UTC
woohoo

www.dust514stats.com do you know?

Winters Chill
Unitas Incorporated
#104 - 2011-12-23 18:38:41 UTC
Can't. Stop. Checking. Mail.
Logan LaMort
Screaming Hayabusa
#105 - 2011-12-23 18:47:20 UTC
I seriously doubt you'll get any reply until next year.

Although a confirmation email of registering would be nice, I think I just registered twice with the same account...
Ogogov
Arpy Corporation
#106 - 2011-12-23 18:55:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Ogogov
Ifly Uwalk wrote:
no PC - no play.

that is all.


emptyquoting because-
Winters Chill
Unitas Incorporated
#107 - 2011-12-23 19:09:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Winters Chill
Ogogov wrote:
Ifly Uwalk wrote:
no PC - no play.

that is all.


emptyquoting because-


they are going to hold their breath until they get what they want?
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#108 - 2011-12-23 19:15:08 UTC  |  Edited by: MotherMoon
I remember seeing this at fanfest 4 years ago. It's almost kinda hard to think there is a chance I could actually play it soon O.O

finally a reason to dust off my PS3!

*get it? har har har*

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Toyota County
We Have All the Fun
#109 - 2011-12-23 19:16:12 UTC
NO ONE..

should be shocked at any restrictions for one SIMPLE reason... SONY.

Having grown up on PC games and MMO like Everquest, nothing surprises me with SONY Online anymore. They absolutely ruined EQ many years ago, and totally destroyed the aggressive game Vanguard before it was ever released. EQ has a few new ideas that are dragging out the inevitable end to EQ until Sony can release Everquest NEXT (3rd generation EQ). SONY Online is now also the king of FTP games, just look at their games list for FREE GAMES.

I was very excited about DUST and the idea behind it, even more so how EVE players could use DUST and vice versa, but as soon as CCP partnered with SONY I knew it was over and am still very disappointed. The only thing SONY may add is they have a game DC Universe which ties both PC and console players into one universe, but the lag on the PC side has almost destroyed that game, it is now FREE also. Maybe SONY mistakes in that project can help CCP in some way?

Perhaps with a new "leader" at CCP things may change with SONY after DUST official release? I am sure SONY will have the current contract, but maybe CCP will realize that many players, PC EVE and other consoles, would love the chance to try such a new concept of gaming and broaden out in the future. Although I would never want "instant battlegrounds" in EVE, the ability to log into DUST from my PC for some fast ground pew pew could be fun. Currently I use World of Tanks for those quick 20 minute PvP urges when time is tight.

Nice to hear DUST is heading to BETA tho, very exited to see how it changes EVE in the near future.
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#110 - 2011-12-23 19:19:14 UTC  |  Edited by: MotherMoon
Trairan wrote:
Really all the CCP devs think that the players who pay to play EVE Online will buy a PS3 just to play Dust 514?
Is a joke?


no, they are just being a good company and letting the few rare people that play eve and own a PS3, the 1st shot at getting into the beta test. I think that's pretty nice of them. Some of us play eve and other PC games... and.. gasp! we also play console games! MADNESS!/

but seriously ccp, thank you for letting us eve players get 1st shot at beta sign ups!

edit: any word on when we will be seeing beta start?

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#111 - 2011-12-23 19:43:33 UTC
Tyke Orlieveit wrote:
Wait... didn't someone in CCP say that D514 wasn't aimed at the existing playerbase?


I thought they said the exact opposite of that.

oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
Don,t see Eve is about spaceships statements here , strange

Dust is about Eve but it not for PC ,even stranger



I was always under the impression that Eve was about a sci-fi universe and as far as I'm concerned walking in station and doing things on planets are part of a sci-fi universe


I guess the only question left is to buy a ps3 or not?

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#112 - 2011-12-23 19:55:07 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
Trairan wrote:
Really all the CCP devs think that the players who pay to play EVE Online will buy a PS3 just to play Dust 514?
Is a joke?


no, they are just being a good company and letting the few rare people that play eve and own a PS3, the 1st shot at getting into the beta test. I think that's pretty nice of them. Some of us play eve and other PC games... and.. gasp! we also play console games! MADNESS!/

but seriously ccp, thank you for letting us eve players get 1st shot at beta sign ups!

edit: any word on when we will be seeing beta start?


More, there are even people out there that DONT PLAY EVE, but will be interested in playing DUST. I know, it preposterous :P
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#113 - 2011-12-23 19:59:57 UTC
Max Kolonko wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
Trairan wrote:
Really all the CCP devs think that the players who pay to play EVE Online will buy a PS3 just to play Dust 514?
Is a joke?


no, they are just being a good company and letting the few rare people that play eve and own a PS3, the 1st shot at getting into the beta test. I think that's pretty nice of them. Some of us play eve and other PC games... and.. gasp! we also play console games! MADNESS!/

but seriously ccp, thank you for letting us eve players get 1st shot at beta sign ups!

edit: any word on when we will be seeing beta start?


More, there are even people out there that DONT PLAY EVE, but will be interested in playing DUST. I know, it preposterous :P


but this is a closed beta. with like tops, 100 testers.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Reiisha
#114 - 2011-12-23 20:02:29 UTC
Yldrad wrote:
Quote:
DUST 514 Mordu's Private Trials are only available in NA and EU English speaking territories
It's stupid.


The terms say that it's only an English client, not only available in English speaking territories. Where did you find this snippet? I don't see it anywhere.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Jack bubu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#115 - 2011-12-23 20:03:54 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
Max Kolonko wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
Trairan wrote:
Really all the CCP devs think that the players who pay to play EVE Online will buy a PS3 just to play Dust 514?
Is a joke?


no, they are just being a good company and letting the few rare people that play eve and own a PS3, the 1st shot at getting into the beta test. I think that's pretty nice of them. Some of us play eve and other PC games... and.. gasp! we also play console games! MADNESS!/

but seriously ccp, thank you for letting us eve players get 1st shot at beta sign ups!

edit: any word on when we will be seeing beta start?


More, there are even people out there that DONT PLAY EVE, but will be interested in playing DUST. I know, it preposterous :P


but this is a closed beta. with like tops, 100 testers.

Make that atleast 1000..

only that way you can make sure that enough players will be online the same time to fill atleast some matches.
Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#116 - 2011-12-23 20:05:05 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
Yldrad wrote:
Quote:
DUST 514 Mordu's Private Trials are only available in NA and EU English speaking territories
It's stupid.


The terms say that it's only an English client, not only available in English speaking territories. Where did you find this snippet? I don't see it anywhere.


it was changed. before it was like what he linked
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#117 - 2011-12-23 20:09:01 UTC
Max Kolonko wrote:
Reiisha wrote:
Yldrad wrote:
Quote:
DUST 514 Mordu's Private Trials are only available in NA and EU English speaking territories
It's stupid.


The terms say that it's only an English client, not only available in English speaking territories. Where did you find this snippet? I don't see it anywhere.


it was changed. before it was like what he linked


This. What Yldrad quoted was a direct quote from the account page earlier today.
L'amour Sauvage
Underworld Group
#118 - 2011-12-23 20:10:25 UTC
Signed up.
A Question was if we owned a PS3. While I do not own one, does that automatically disqualify???

I would buy one if chosen, just not had possible reason 'til now.

Plus ppl would hear my tears of rage of sub-par FPS skills and DSL connection.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#119 - 2011-12-23 20:15:07 UTC
Signed up, ready and waiting.
Cloora
APEX Unlimited
APEX Conglomerate
#120 - 2011-12-23 20:29:32 UTC
I bought a PS3 specifically for DUST. Hell, I spent $400 US for a Radeon 6970 just for EVE.

Sorry for you poor people. :-(

http://www.altaholics.blogspot.com