These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Dev Blog: DUST 514 Closed Beta Signup Now Live

First post First post
Author
Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#561 - 2012-02-03 01:30:55 UTC
Some of you guys really make me chuckle at the elitism concerning PCs vs consoles. "I won't play it unless it's on the PC". Good stand. I guess that gives us people who don't have some really wacky ideas on FPSs and PCs a better chance to get a key. Thanks.

Personally, I played a FPS on PC once...it was an absolutely wretched experience, one that made me swear them off and has been a very easy vow to stick to. If Dust514 was on PC, I would have absolutely no interest in it. For me, a console controller is far more smooth than any keyboard/mouse combo, and there is no need to have a set-up that is overly complicated when it comes to an FPS. There is no need for more than 14-16 buttons anyways when it comes to FPSs. And if you are all about the graphics, then I can't help you. I don't buy games for graphics, I buy them for fun.

Although, I have to admit, Skyrim is absolutely gorgeous on my PS3...
"If."
Flamespar
WarRavens
#562 - 2012-02-03 02:28:42 UTC
Nephilius wrote:
Some of you guys really make me chuckle at the elitism concerning PCs vs consoles. "I won't play it unless it's on the PC". Good stand. I guess that gives us people who don't have some really wacky ideas on FPSs and PCs a better chance to get a key. Thanks.

Personally, I played a FPS on PC once...it was an absolutely wretched experience, one that made me swear them off and has been a very easy vow to stick to. If Dust514 was on PC, I would have absolutely no interest in it. For me, a console controller is far more smooth than any keyboard/mouse combo, and there is no need to have a set-up that is overly complicated when it comes to an FPS. There is no need for more than 14-16 buttons anyways when it comes to FPSs. And if you are all about the graphics, then I can't help you. I don't buy games for graphics, I buy them for fun.

Although, I have to admit, Skyrim is absolutely gorgeous on my PS3...


Not to mention that it is far easier to cheat using hacks in PC FPS games (APB at it's first launch was rife with this)
Claire Voyant
#563 - 2012-02-03 19:44:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Claire Voyant
Claire Voyant wrote:
Word on the street is that you should check back tomorrow.

Edit: Best guess is that the page will indeed confirm that you have registered for the trial as promised on January 10.
Doesn't mean you are in the Beta though.

OK, this is up now. MPT page is still the same, but there will be a little box in the upper right of the main account management page if you are registered. If not, go to the MPT page and spam it again.
Cadinie
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#564 - 2012-02-03 21:56:09 UTC
I signed up and when I log in I get a little icon above my character list in the mid-upper left that says ">>Dust 514 status: You have signed up!" but nothing else besides the ability to change the signup info.

Claire Voyant wrote:
Claire Voyant wrote:
Word on the street is that you should check back tomorrow.

Edit: Best guess is that the page will indeed confirm that you have registered for the trial as promised on January 10.
Doesn't mean you are in the Beta though.

OK, this is up now. MPT page is still the same, but there will be a little box in the upper right of the main account management page if you are registered. If not, go to the MPT page and spam it again.

Hunter Cazaderon
What The French
#565 - 2012-02-03 23:44:54 UTC
Regarding that small debate about console players...

I m mainly playing on PS3 now. But i ve spent years on PC FPS, especially CS for more than 5 years hardcore style.
And to me, nothing will ever replace my keyboard\mouse combo.

But, came a time where maintaining a PC strong enough to play recent games decently became too much time and money consuming.

And i know a lot of people in the same situation.

So, there's no real hardcore gamers as there are no hardcore games on console... Cod being the ultimate anti-hardcore type of game. Beside MAG, no console FPS made me feel something...

But, a game that would demand a lot more involvement will find its audience. Many people are waiting for a change.


So, stop being so judgemental Blink Wait and see.

Founder of  www.dust514-france.fr

Cadinie
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#566 - 2012-02-06 18:20:37 UTC
So the "Status page" was nothing more then a confirmation that you signed up :/ we still have no facking clue how long they are going to blue ball us ehh?
Hunter Cazaderon
What The French
#567 - 2012-02-07 11:37:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Hunter Cazaderon
Well there's some news on tweeter ! Goodie !


First : Keyboard\Mouse combo confirmed !

Second : No monthly subscription

Third : A gameplay video is "imminent"

Fourth : First waves into the MPT should start a couple of weeks after the video's release.

Fifht : New batch of devblogs incoming. (been asking him what will be the topic of the next one)


Most of this is from CCP_Jian

Founder of  www.dust514-france.fr

Noah Wyse
Placeholder Incorporated
#568 - 2012-02-07 13:30:41 UTC
The only thing I did not want to see in this game is happening - seems like mouse/keyboard will be allowed for the game, not only as a means of chat or something similar.

Now, I understand and fully support that mouse/keyboard combo is the best way to go when an FPS is concerned - but not necessarily so on PS3. As Killzone has shown, a joypad experience can be very satisfying and skill-demanding - NOT that it can measure up to the m/k combo in terms of precision as mentioned before - yet it does bear its own satisfaction upon use.

The question is - why put the game on a console, where 99% of people don't use the m/k combo, cutting down the very reason why you came to the said console - in order to present your game to a new community tens of millions of people strong. Seems rather like shooting yourself in the leg to walk better.

Unless this has been vague enough to be misinterpreted.
Hunter Cazaderon
What The French
#569 - 2012-02-07 14:52:05 UTC
Noah Wyse wrote:
The only thing I did not want to see in this game is happening - seems like mouse/keyboard will be allowed for the game, not only as a means of chat or something similar.

Now, I understand and fully support that mouse/keyboard combo is the best way to go when an FPS is concerned - but not necessarily so on PS3. As Killzone has shown, a joypad experience can be very satisfying and skill-demanding - NOT that it can measure up to the m/k combo in terms of precision as mentioned before - yet it does bear its own satisfaction upon use.

The question is - why put the game on a console, where 99% of people don't use the m/k combo, cutting down the very reason why you came to the said console - in order to present your game to a new community tens of millions of people strong. Seems rather like shooting yourself in the leg to walk better.

Unless this has been vague enough to be misinterpreted.



No, no misinterpretation at all here.

And, many eve fans are going to buy (or already did) a PS3 to play Dust. They'll have the possibility to use their classic KBM combo. In fact you already can play with a Mouse on most games using special controller you can find in retail (AIMON PS for example)
But, most PS3 players wont care about it as they are use to the DS3 controller.
And, the debate about KBM combo being overpowered vs console controller is obsolete. It depends how the game is programmed, and meant to be played.

Last but not least, if Dust has even a quarter of Eve's management tools, a KBM combo will be veeeeery nice to have.


So, me i see nothing but a will to offer as much possibilities as possible to all players. Thus, it s a good thing.

Founder of  www.dust514-france.fr

Flamespar
WarRavens
#570 - 2012-02-07 23:27:53 UTC
Hunter Cazaderon wrote:
[quote=Noah Wyse]The only thing I did not want to see in this game is happening - seems like mouse/keyboard will be allowed for the game, not only as a means of chat or something similar.

Now, I understand and fully support that mouse/keyboard combo is the best way to go when an FPS is concerned - but not necessarily so on PS3. As Killzone has shown, a joypad experience can be very satisfying and skill-demanding - NOT that it can measure up to the m/k combo in terms of precision as mentioned before - yet it does bear its own satisfaction upon use.

The question is - why put the game on a console, where 99% of people don't use the m/k combo, cutting down the very reason why you came to the said console - in order to present your game to a new community tens of millions of people strong. Seems rather like shooting yourself in the leg to walk better.

Unless this has been vague enough to be misinterpreted.


I'm so happy that the mouse and keyboard combo will be supported. Not only because you can use it during a match (which is great). But because I was dreading the possibility of navigating through a market with 1000s of items using a fricken controller
DragonGrace
Voyeur Vanguard
#571 - 2012-02-08 21:15:05 UTC  |  Edited by: DragonGrace
eh, guys?

as awesome as the KBD and MOUSE would be....i dont think it is supported. i know they will let you use a keyboard for text chat.....but it is in no way supporting keyboard and mouse game control.

well...according to the DUST514 dev blog : Tools of the trade.

http://www.dust514.com/en/news/article/2041/tools-of-the-trade


read the section headed "Voice / Text Chat" and you will have your answer.


i have to say, making a game for the console, knowing that people want keyboard and mouse, and actually giving them it? on a console? what would be the point in it being on a console. that would somewhat redundant i think. in honesty, i dont really care that its no possible. i only found out recently through rumour (ehem...from the the forums) that it might be possible. the fact that its not (according to the blog) doesnt bother me.

granted, FPS's are better on PC, but come on....its not happening so why would people expect CCP to even consider having the keyboard and mouse to control it? i think some people need to get over the fact and accept that its on PS3. its going to be like nothing you have ever playing on PS3, the experience is going to be like no other shooter (when you take the big picture being EVE and DUST) you have ever played and honestly....its the ideal place to have DUST...on a console. think about it. all the PC people who are the douchbags who think that consoles are for half assed gamers and losers, they should be DAMN HAPPY! CONSOLES GUYS WILL BE DOING THE GRUNT WORK!

thankfully, the rest of us will be happy its on PS3 because they are taking a great console and making it do something new, fresh, innovative and AWESOME!


anyway, back to my point.....according to that dev blog....its controller/move only.

-D.G

P.S if this blog is out of date and there is something im missing here (i try to keep up as best i can) let me know and i will stand corrected :D
Hunter Cazaderon
What The French
#572 - 2012-02-09 11:21:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Hunter Cazaderon
Dragongrace, the annoucement of KB\Mouse being supported was made by CCP_Jian so it's official.
And it was already stated in a previous interview in december 11.

"Brandon Laurino @CCP_Jian
@EONmagazine and those asking for an "official statement": DUST 514 *will* support keyboard and mouse on PS3"

"Will CCP be making sure the Sharpshooter/Move will be fully competitive with DS3 users?

We are dedicated to making a smooth integration for the SONY Move. But we also want to allow choices for the players. Some may prefer DS3, while others may go with Move and still others might want to use keyboard and mouse. We will be providing more details on this later on."

So, yeah that devblog is out of date. ^^

Founder of  www.dust514-france.fr

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#573 - 2012-02-09 17:58:37 UTC
Cadinie wrote:
So the "Status page" was nothing more then a confirmation that you signed up :/ we still have no facking clue how long they are going to blue ball us ehh?


I imagine CCP has already issued the Beta Test keys by now.

I'm tired of checking my email address. I'm also done waiting for some sort of info or Dev response. This thread is just another example of how CCP fails in communication and public relations.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#574 - 2012-02-09 22:06:13 UTC
Actually I'm pretty certain that CCP hasn't sent out any Beta keys. But I agree that their comms is a bit lacking on this.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#575 - 2012-02-09 22:13:47 UTC
Ignore what I just said (except for CCP being crap at communicating).

It seems that private trials have begun http://www.dust514base.com/2012/02/interview-with-executive-producer-ccp.html
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#576 - 2012-02-10 03:46:08 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
Ignore what I just said (except for CCP being crap at communicating).

It seems that private trials have begun http://www.dust514base.com/2012/02/interview-with-executive-producer-ccp.html

Per the article you linked it seems MPT has not yet begun and only internal CCP trials are taking place:
Quote:
We would also like to clarify that "trials have already begun" is referred to MPT signups and that beta did not start outside of CCP offices. Nobody still has access to the game except CCP and just some external testing partners and a few selected Friends and Family of CCP.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#577 - 2012-02-10 04:31:42 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Flamespar wrote:
Ignore what I just said (except for CCP being crap at communicating).

It seems that private trials have begun http://www.dust514base.com/2012/02/interview-with-executive-producer-ccp.html

Per the article you linked it seems MPT has not yet begun and only internal CCP trials are taking place:
Quote:
We would also like to clarify that "trials have already begun" is referred to MPT signups and that beta did not start outside of CCP offices. Nobody still has access to the game except CCP and just some external testing partners and a few selected Friends and Family of CCP.


Yeah, the author edited the article to add that after I had posted to clarify.

I find it funny. CCP rep says 'yes, MPT has started' but means 'no, MPT has not started for EVE players'.
Benilopax
Colonial Industries
Reckless Contingency.
#578 - 2012-02-11 16:12:00 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Flamespar wrote:
Ignore what I just said (except for CCP being crap at communicating).

It seems that private trials have begun http://www.dust514base.com/2012/02/interview-with-executive-producer-ccp.html

Per the article you linked it seems MPT has not yet begun and only internal CCP trials are taking place:
Quote:
We would also like to clarify that "trials have already begun" is referred to MPT signups and that beta did not start outside of CCP offices. Nobody still has access to the game except CCP and just some external testing partners and a few selected Friends and Family of CCP.


Yeah, the author edited the article to add that after I had posted to clarify.

I find it funny. CCP rep says 'yes, MPT has started' but means 'no, MPT has not started for EVE players'.


If MPT had started we would know about it. Even if there was no announcement, which there would be.

Someone on these forums would have spammed general discussion or this thread about it. NDA or no NDA someone would have blabbed by now.

...

Hunter Cazaderon
What The French
#579 - 2012-02-12 11:05:42 UTC
Benilopax wrote:
Flamespar wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Flamespar wrote:
Ignore what I just said (except for CCP being crap at communicating).

It seems that private trials have begun http://www.dust514base.com/2012/02/interview-with-executive-producer-ccp.html

Per the article you linked it seems MPT has not yet begun and only internal CCP trials are taking place:
Quote:
We would also like to clarify that "trials have already begun" is referred to MPT signups and that beta did not start outside of CCP offices. Nobody still has access to the game except CCP and just some external testing partners and a few selected Friends and Family of CCP.


Yeah, the author edited the article to add that after I had posted to clarify.

I find it funny. CCP rep says 'yes, MPT has started' but means 'no, MPT has not started for EVE players'.


If MPT had started we would know about it. Even if there was no announcement, which there would be.

Someone on these forums would have spammed general discussion or this thread about it. NDA or no NDA someone would have blabbed by now.



Yeah well, i dont really know what to think about that last interview but i'd say it's not started yet. Mainly because the interview was made in January (see the answer regarding a new gameplay vid "early february") and i really dont think MPT could have started then.

Still, it is time now to give us all that so needed Key ^^

Founder of  www.dust514-france.fr

Flamespar
WarRavens
#580 - 2012-02-13 00:08:31 UTC
Benilopax wrote:

If MPT had started we would know about it. Even if there was no announcement, which there would be.

Someone on these forums would have spammed general discussion or this thread about it. NDA or no NDA someone would have blabbed by now.


If I had a key, I would totally be letting you all know that I have one and you don't.