These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Dev Blog: DUST 514 Closed Beta Signup Now Live

First post First post
Author
Flamespar
WarRavens
#481 - 2012-01-10 23:31:17 UTC
Hunter Cazaderon wrote:


Quote:
Everyone who has posted in this thread should get a beta key automatically for being so passionate.


Nicest idea i heard today Blink


Despite appearing like a desperate grab for a beta key. Personally I think CCP should get in the habit of rewarding those players who want to work proactively to enhance the future of the EVE project. Even small things, like giving passionate players the opportunity to participate in the Dust beta, goes a long way to helping achieve great outcomes.

Especially when you consider that most people that play a beta treat it like a free demo, and stop playing the moment they encounter a minor bug, whereas most of the people in this thread I reckon would want to work to see the bug removed and would have great advice on how to do it.

Passionate players will talk about weapons balancing, map flow, possible exploits, and look beyond the question of 'how does this benefit me' to 'how does this benefit the larger meta game'.

(Flamespar for CCP CEO .. Yay!)
Noroswen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#482 - 2012-01-10 23:34:45 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
Hunter Cazaderon wrote:


Quote:
Everyone who has posted in this thread should get a beta key automatically for being so passionate.


Nicest idea i heard today Blink


Despite appearing like a desperate grab for a beta key. Personally I think CCP should get in the habit of rewarding those players who want to work proactively to enhance the future of the EVE project. Even small things, like giving passionate players the opportunity to participate in the Dust beta, goes a long way to helping achieve great outcomes.

Especially when you consider that most people that play a beta treat it like a free demo, and stop playing the moment they encounter a minor bug, whereas most of the people in this thread I reckon would want to work to see the bug removed and would have great advice on how to do it.

Passionate players will talk about weapons balancing, map flow, possible exploits, and look beyond the question of 'how does this benefit me' to 'how does this benefit the larger meta game'.

(Flamespar for CCP CEO .. Yay!)


I think this is a dangerous line of thought sir, I was not able to participate and if you come between me and my beta key I will kneecap you.
V/R
Noro
Vel Jong
Hidden Task Inc.
#483 - 2012-01-11 02:06:44 UTC
Ifly Uwalk wrote:
no PC - no play.

that is all.

Flamespar
WarRavens
#484 - 2012-01-11 03:49:01 UTC
Noroswen wrote:


I think this is a dangerous line of thought sir, I was not able to participate and if you come between me and my beta key I will kneecap you.
V/R
Noro


Dear CCP, please give Noroswen and Flamespar Beta keys so they can practice kneecapping each other with various weapons.
Grideris
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#485 - 2012-01-11 05:33:31 UTC
Hey what about me? I help run that thing in my signature! Where's my key!

And to answer the questions about anyone getting keys yet, no, not yet. But I will keep tweeting at many CCPers on twitter every day until I have my key. And in one week, I will move into the next phase of my plan for beta key acquisition.

Also, I encourage everyone to keep tweeting at them till they give us more details. MORE. LET THEIR TWITTER FEEDS RUN WILD WITH QUESTIONS!

http://www.dust514.org - the unofficial forum for everything DUST 514 http://www.dust514base.com -** the** blog site with everything else DUST 514 you need

Jibaja
Primary. Sector.
#486 - 2012-01-11 06:19:11 UTC
awsome.. finally.. so signed... gotta get a chance to bring out the ole ps3 again.. :D
Hunter Cazaderon
What The French
#487 - 2012-01-11 08:30:47 UTC
Quote:
you can not change the country for the psn store. the region of your psn store is determined by your ip. and your psn account is bound to that region. if you got a german account and move to USA or france or whatever, you will need to create a new psn account and the PSN Store will be in the main language of that region.


Yes, that's right. You can't change your country on an existing account.
But, there is no IP detection when you create a new one.

And, +1000 to the "give key to passionnate people idea"

Founder of  www.dust514-france.fr

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#488 - 2012-01-11 09:02:16 UTC
Honestly, when it comes to Betas, I'm mostly just cannon fodder for the server; I feel that my best role is helping with load balancing when I'm online.

Doesn't mean I won't fill out a bug report when I come across one; though, I do have to recognize it as an actual bug/exploit. Sometimes I'm not too sure about it; as it could be caused by something else in my hardware, GPU, or or OS. Given this is on PS3 though, I think that narrows down the possibilities a lot; which is to say, it won't be so hard to define a bug from an OS glitch.

I'm just glad the Beta test for Windows 7 is finally over ..I hope. :chuckles:

Last Beta I looked at requested testers to fill out something like 400 word reports on everything they came across; which just made me question the sanity of the developers who asked people to do this for free, excepting the bit of fun they might have when everything seems to be working.

zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Hunter Cazaderon
What The French
#489 - 2012-01-11 11:12:04 UTC
Mars Theran wrote:

Last Beta I looked at requested testers to fill out something like 400 word reports on everything they came across; which just made me question the sanity of the developers who asked people to do this for free, excepting the bit of fun they might have when everything seems to be working.


Well, that's what a beta is all about. It IS kind of a work for the players in it. Especially in the first stages.

And as i said before, applying to a beta often required to fill in a quite long form to see if you will be of any use to the game.

Founder of  www.dust514-france.fr

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#490 - 2012-01-11 16:13:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Hans Jagerblitzen
Hunter Cazaderon wrote:


Well, that's what a beta is all about. It IS kind of a work for the players in it. Especially in the first stages.

And as i said before, applying to a beta often required to fill in a quite long form to see if you will be of any use to the game.


QFT.

I can only hope that all of those that are begging for a key as soon as possible are also willing to provide the feedback necessary to benefit the game and prepare it for launch. Simply jumping on the list so you can play the game first, without taking the time to give feedback to CCP, will be abusing this privilege no matter how you slice it – dedicated Eve players or not.

If everyone demands their way into the beta but doesn’t contribute to improving the game through bug reporting and feedback, than we won’t deserve future first looks and CCP will rightfully seek reactions from those who ARE willing to put the time into the work that is beta testing.

Saying “I’m testing the load” by playing and doing nothing else isn’t going to help the game much.

I have faith in the EvE community though, I'm sure we'll all do our part.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Aothereon
Amarr Empire
#491 - 2012-01-11 18:00:06 UTC
CCP Cmdr Wang wrote:

With regards to the MPT availability, currently it is available In English for English speaking regions. So, if English is the official language in your country, you should be able to access DUST 514 Mordu’s Private Trials from the local PSN store in your area. We are, of course, working on localizing the client so that it becomes available in more regions for the Official Launch. So to recount, the DUST 514 Mordu's Private Trials will be in English only for English speaking regions, and our plan is to have localization for the following languages by Official Launch: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese.

I don't see Serbia there but let's hope that's "English" as well somehow!
Jon Hellguard
X-COM
#492 - 2012-01-12 00:50:56 UTC
Max Kolonko wrote:
Jon Hellguard wrote:
Ifly Uwalk wrote:
no PC - no play.

that is all.


/signed

-> i'm afraid that awesome extension is going to backfire. eventually the eve players pay the price (or already did) financially.

You know there is a huge buzz in PS3 FPS fanbase about this game?

Few big clans from MW and BF said they are coming to dust.

Soooo, all I'm saying is: dont be so pesimistic about it.


cool. looking forward to it man. i hope that works out for us and ccp - i really do. i just said that i have fear it will or could backfire.
Miasmic Truth
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#493 - 2012-01-12 14:56:13 UTC
I am buying a PS3 just so I can play this! I am glad they are giving the first round of betas to avid players of eve.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#494 - 2012-01-13 05:14:35 UTC
Anyone suggest a good game to work on the skills necessary for Dust? I've got MAG and Battlefield 2 at the moment.

I've also got the Lemmings game, which I think will help me train up to lead an alliance.
Jake Calmelat
Ahrendee Mercenaries
#495 - 2012-01-13 05:21:20 UTC
Mag and Battlefield will be just fine for training.
Hunter Cazaderon
What The French
#496 - 2012-01-13 08:38:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Hunter Cazaderon
i have the feeling MAG wil be closest to DUST than BF3.

Still no news from CCP regarding the beta.. Hey guys ? we're here ^^

Oh, and when will there be an official forum dedicated to DUST ? That's important.

Founder of  www.dust514-france.fr

Jake Calmelat
Ahrendee Mercenaries
#497 - 2012-01-13 10:56:18 UTC
Hunter Cazaderon wrote:


Oh, and when will there be an official forum dedicated to DUST ? That's important.



+1
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
SLYCE Pirates
#498 - 2012-01-13 11:02:52 UTC
Jake Calmelat wrote:
Hunter Cazaderon wrote:


Oh, and when will there be an official forum dedicated to DUST ? That's important.



+1

One of the hampters CCP isstill working on Lol Though CCP_CmdrWang has been tweeting more which is a good sign.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Karl Planck
Perkone
Caldari State
#499 - 2012-01-13 11:48:44 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
I've also got the Lemmings game, which I think will help me train up to lead an alliance.


i Lol'd

I has all the eve inactivity

Gubah Rakun
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#500 - 2012-01-13 13:09:15 UTC
Right, no doubt this post will be ignored and be subsumed beneath a ton of other crap but here's the low-down AFAIK. Information provided by Dev Blogs, E-On and PC Gamer UK


  • The only Subscription you will need will be to CCP for EVE Online, for PlayStation you just need to create a free account.

  • The game is not on XBox360 because Microsoft require the game to run on a Microsoft-controlled server, DUST will run on the CCP servers (e.g. Tranquility).

  • The game is not on PC because CCP want PC-players to play EVE and console players to play DUST, they want two to remain separate.

  • There will not be Orbital Bombardments from EVE players, CCP want the only interaction between DUST and EVE to be ISK from EVE players going to DUST players & wins/losses on planets in DUST to be reflected in EVE


Thats all for now :)