These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: Building Dreams: Introducing Engineering Complexes

First post First post First post
Author
Jew Jew Binks
Doomheim
#121 - 2016-10-10 19:33:21 UTC
Ishido Attaka wrote:
So... Can I install Standup Invention Lab I module into Astrahus?

yes
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#122 - 2016-10-10 19:33:44 UTC
If you haven't already figured out a way to allow ships to access hangars from outside the structures, please allow an exception for the rorqual on the Large EC until that comes into place.

It would be very odd for the rorqual to have a position of ore transport that can't even use the Large. Otherwise you'll end up with a scenario where people have to keep a freighter and a fort nearby to utilize them both together.
Justine Musk
Space Exploration Technologies Corporation
#123 - 2016-10-10 19:34:20 UTC
Also... 104 rigs? Is it me or are they just too many?
CynoNet Two
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#124 - 2016-10-10 19:34:54 UTC
Quote:
Both Engineering Complexes and Citadels use Standup-brand modules and most of these modules can be fit to both types of structures. All the Citadel Service Modules can be used in Engineering Complexes, and most Engineering Service Modules can be used in Citadels


Will the same size-based restrictions carry over to EC for the existing services and modules? For example, can the Azbel fit a market service and point defense? Can the Sotiyo fit the doomsday module?
Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#125 - 2016-10-10 19:35:53 UTC
RainReaper wrote:
I will say this. We NEED these new structures on the test server as soon as possible.
We need to test them so we can see how well balanced everything is and such.
Cause as it stands right now I can place a single Large POS in any part of space and use that WAY more effectively
for nowhere near the same cost of an Engineering complex.
As a industrial I just REALLY WANT this to work and not suck
I mean, when it costs 45 blocks an hour and I cant even refine my god damn ore in the structure where I build things id say something is wrong.




sure. you need these structures on test server to figure out the doctrine it takes and just looking at them, i can already assume these eggshells can be popped so easily by a medium sized blob that the risk is well too high... i concur with previous posters who ever is coming up with this destructive minded idea of player housing needs to be removed from staff.

another thing.. so the L, and XL.. put this in bold please to highlight the fact.. it may be able to SPIT out a capital or super or titan.. but they can not DOCK at it... so its not housing what so ever.

its also very dumb to have the jobs in build on total open view for scouts to easily see whats being built.. its almost like saying "im wearing no panties" which i am not.. but hey.. that should be restricted to view by VIP's (holders,ceo, etc) not the entire public..unless they paid for it some kind of way.. umm wait.
Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#126 - 2016-10-10 19:38:38 UTC
Chani El'zrya wrote:
As a solo and casual industrialist in high sec, i conclude that i'm pushed back to NPC station.
With my current POS set-up i was able to unanchor everything before a wardec kicks in.

Nevyn Auscent wrote:
these structures sit in space at risk, can't be pulled down to avoid a wardec like a POS could

Hisec too dangerous. Consider moving to safer areas of space.
Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#127 - 2016-10-10 19:38:48 UTC
Thukker arrays - will they stay 15% and then allow us to build hulls in lowsec for 5.3% ME on top of that? - the thukker was specific to counter the fact NS could refine better and outposts bonuses were better, now everything is equalized

There is no mention of ME/TE bonus on rigs for capital hull in a L, and XL rig only says "Ships" do either include any capital hulls, if so, which ones?

Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#128 - 2016-10-10 19:40:42 UTC
Justine Musk wrote:
Also... 104 rigs? Is it me or are they just too many?

Agree, should be 101.
Kahawa Oban
Gears of Progress
Wardens of the Abyssal Overwatch
#129 - 2016-10-10 19:40:47 UTC
So quick question: Can you stack rigs (2 of the same, potentially 2 T2's and a T1 of the same) and if so are there stacking penalties?

Looking forward to seeing how this and the upcoming expansion plays out. Looks really interesting.
Justine Musk
Space Exploration Technologies Corporation
#130 - 2016-10-10 19:40:58 UTC
Skia Aumer wrote:
Chani El'zrya wrote:
As a solo and casual industrialist in high sec, i conclude that i'm pushed back to NPC station.
With my current POS set-up i was able to unanchor everything before a wardec kicks in.

Nevyn Auscent wrote:
these structures sit in space at risk, can't be pulled down to avoid a wardec like a POS could

Hisec too dangerous. Consider moving to safer areas of space.


You are actually making sarcasm, but nullsec is overall safer than some high density zones of high sec.

Yes, big fights happen daily in null, but high sec is continous grind
Cyno McLongNeck
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#131 - 2016-10-10 19:41:40 UTC
Milla Goodpussy wrote:
RainReaper wrote:
I will say this. We NEED these new structures on the test server as soon as possible.
We need to test them so we can see how well balanced everything is and such.
Cause as it stands right now I can place a single Large POS in any part of space and use that WAY more effectively
for nowhere near the same cost of an Engineering complex.
As a industrial I just REALLY WANT this to work and not suck
I mean, when it costs 45 blocks an hour and I cant even refine my god damn ore in the structure where I build things id say something is wrong.




sure. you need these structures on test server to figure out the doctrine it takes and just looking at them, i can already assume these eggshells can be popped so easily by a medium sized blob that the risk is well too high... i concur with previous posters who ever is coming up with this destructive minded idea of player housing needs to be removed from staff.

another thing.. so the L, and XL.. put this in bold please to highlight the fact.. it may be able to SPIT out a capital or super or titan.. but they can not DOCK at it... so its not housing what so ever.

its also very dumb to have the jobs in build on total open view for scouts to easily see whats being built.. its almost like saying "im wearing no panties" which i am not.. but hey.. that should be restricted to view by VIP's (holders,ceo, etc) not the entire public..unless they paid for it some kind of way.. umm wait.



Agreed with the docking thing. That part is silly.
I'm still not sure if people will be able to see what is in build, or if that's one of their artists doodling some concept stuff.
As for being easy to destroy, well, get friends, or use one of the guaranteed-to-exist freeport structures, or use poses till they are gone, or use stations.
kernel69
Structures R Us
#132 - 2016-10-10 19:49:12 UTC
Any info on the Volume for the new structures?

anything XL structure related: Keepstars and Sotiyo's.

BPC, BPC kits (me10!), actual construction

you name it - i did it. can do it again for you.

Winter Archipelago
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#133 - 2016-10-10 19:50:44 UTC
Justine Musk wrote:

Citadel are at least a massive grind that need to be justified by some reason, but a medium complex can be soloed by a single person in a Combat Battlecruiser in 30 minutes (i think)

A single Combat BC doing a continuous 800 DPS would deal ~1.4 mil HP in damage over 30 minutes, so for a Medium with 4.8 mil HP, you would need 3-4 of them to hit it in 30 minutes. A single Combat BC doing 800 DPS would take about 1.5 to 2 hours to do the same.

Looks like it's time I finally trained up Large Pulse Lasers on a couple alts, because a small collection of Oracles will turn the Mediums into space dust with minimal risk to themselves if there isn't a defensive fleet available (and for smaller groups, a defensive fleet is not likely to be available).
Space Vixen
Doomheim
#134 - 2016-10-10 19:53:03 UTC
Hey, love the idea of new indy structures ( and the models look great) but have a couple of major concerns:

1. Thukker,. Thukker, Thukker? - pls tell me lowsec cap manufacturing isn't going to be killed?

2. 9 hour windows, and less defenses seems illogical and pointless - why force the hard working industrialists to be more vigilant to attack than say a small pvp corp in a Astrahus?


Look forward to hearing some feedback on both of these frequently mentioned topics.

Thanks

SV



RainReaper
Bras-Tek Industries
#135 - 2016-10-10 19:54:06 UTC
Winter Archipelago wrote:
Justine Musk wrote:

Citadel are at least a massive grind that need to be justified by some reason, but a medium complex can be soloed by a single person in a Combat Battlecruiser in 30 minutes (i think)

A single Combat BC doing a continuous 800 DPS would deal ~1.4 mil HP in damage over 30 minutes, so for a Medium with 4.8 mil HP, you would need 3-4 of them to hit it in 30 minutes. A single Combat BC doing 800 DPS would take about 1.5 to 2 hours to do the same.

Looks like it's time I finally trained up Large Pulse Lasers on a couple alts, because a small collection of Oracles will turn the Mediums into space dust with minimal risk to themselves if there isn't a defensive fleet available (and for smaller groups, a defensive fleet is not likely to be available).


i HOPE you guys realise that like citadels you have to first grind trough 4,8m shields, WAIT A DAY like with a citadel then go trough armor and lastly wait a week before you can take down its structure...right?
Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#136 - 2016-10-10 19:56:56 UTC
Justine Musk wrote:
Skia Aumer wrote:
Chani El'zrya wrote:
As a solo and casual industrialist in high sec, i conclude that i'm pushed back to NPC station.
With my current POS set-up i was able to unanchor everything before a wardec kicks in.

Nevyn Auscent wrote:
these structures sit in space at risk, can't be pulled down to avoid a wardec like a POS could

Hisec too dangerous. Consider moving to safer areas of space.


You are actually making sarcasm, but nullsec is overall safer than some high density zones of high sec.

Yes, big fights happen daily in null, but high sec is continous grind

So what is the problem then? Move to nullsec, problem solved.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#137 - 2016-10-10 19:57:07 UTC
Also, one other thing: there are absolutely WAY too many medium rigs. 16 different application categories, times 2 for ME/TE versions = 32 different rigs. This is absolutely more than current POS setups, including faction/specialized versions. It would be so bad if the rig slots weren't so limited, but with only three slots? You're going to find the TE bonuses rigs falling to the wayside. Not to mention an excessive amount of complexity for very little in terms of reward or gameplay.

What is the reason for splitting these up like this?
Cyno McLongNeck
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#138 - 2016-10-10 19:58:48 UTC
Justine Musk wrote:
Skia Aumer wrote:
Chani El'zrya wrote:
As a solo and casual industrialist in high sec, i conclude that i'm pushed back to NPC station.
With my current POS set-up i was able to unanchor everything before a wardec kicks in.

Nevyn Auscent wrote:
these structures sit in space at risk, can't be pulled down to avoid a wardec like a POS could

Hisec too dangerous. Consider moving to safer areas of space.


You are actually making sarcasm, but nullsec is overall safer than some high density zones of high sec.

Yes, big fights happen daily in null, but high sec is continous grind


You kinda just proved his point then no? Sarcasm or not.

If you think its too dangerous in highsec, move to lower security areas of space, make some friends and increase your new structures bonuses at the same time. I'm sure you will have many people wanting to be your friend if you can provide them the service of a well fitted and maintained production complex.
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#139 - 2016-10-10 19:59:26 UTC
I love the industry and manufacturing side of my game.

I love mining mats and then making Ships, Ammo, Crystals etc to sell.

I'm hating the fact that I'm struggling to find at least one positive in this release.

They fully expect us to risk a whole manufacturing run if and when it gets hit?

They expect us to risk losing a long final me run when it gets hit?

No thanks...I'd rather stop that side of things and just rat or mine to sell, being forced down that road ain't my idea of fun.....

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Althalus Stenory
Flying Blacksmiths
#140 - 2016-10-10 20:00:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Althalus Stenory
tl;dr; I need tons of isk to run multiple engineering complexes (EC) to have something hardly any better than my current POS.

It looks great, really. I was waiting for it. But right now, i'm a bit sad: it has the advantage of being a real structure, with the ability to trade, real assets etc, but that's all.

It costs so damn much more than a POS for much fewer bonuses. I won't see any "new little corp" even do a medium EC when right now a small POS with basic stuff cost 10 time less than this, even to fit it seriously. I'm even not speaking about the fact that we need to sit in it to defend it... right ? Another lost "feature" of POS.

Being in high sec you'd need 5 med/large to have the only the ME manufacturing bonus and research/invention time bonus. (with a small benefits of 0.4% for t1 rigs compared to POS).

Instead of giving a 25% boost to rigs, it'll be better to have a base bonus to every industry jobs, so at least, any industrial job have a real interest to be done on EC even without rigs instead of citadel without rigs...

EsiPy - Python 2.7 / 3.3+ Swagger Client based on pyswagger for ESI