These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dear Code - your THE NEW HALAIMA CODE OF CONDUCT

First post
Author
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#221 - 2017-01-25 23:26:15 UTC
Zaha Koto wrote:

Do you think the victims of Bonus Rounds were somewhere safe?

Being that A ) they weren't victims, and B ) they were all nice and warm at home drinking beer, hot cocoa, or vodka whilst safely behind a keyboard....yes, they were safe.

They were all rather stupid EVE players that lost imaginary space money in a video game about internet space ships.

If you want to meet REAL victims, find some senior citizens who were conned out of their retirement funds, or someone who got hacked and had their bank accounts drained. Or maybe people whose homes were invaded and suffered a bad case of Death.

Your generation never ceases to amaze.

And not in good ways.

Roll

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Zaha Koto
State War Academy
Caldari State
#222 - 2017-01-25 23:53:01 UTC
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Zaha Koto wrote:

Being that A ) they weren't victims, and B ) they were all nice and warm at home drinking beer, hot cocoa, or vodka whilst safely behind a keyboard....yes, they were safe.

They were all rather stupid EVE players that lost imaginary space money in a video game about internet space ships.

If you want to meet REAL victims, find some senior citizens who were conned out of their retirement funds, or someone who got hacked and had their bank accounts drained. Or maybe people whose homes were invaded and suffered a bad case of Death.

And not in good ways.

Roll

This is possibly the stupidest post I have ever read on these forums.

And you guys have already set the bar impossibly low.

What discussions about Code James315 Bullying Harassment and Griefing are always lacking is any semblance of intelligence.

Just read the posts of Bumblef*ck and Dom "Deluded" Arkaral to see what I mean

You guys are too busy gathering "tears" to engage your brains

People "gave" James315 1 trillion+ isk. Gotta be the dumbest bunch of morons ever
Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Cuttlefish Collective
#223 - 2017-01-26 00:12:55 UTC
Miner, calm down

lmao

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#224 - 2017-01-26 00:24:36 UTC
Zaha Koto wrote:
tears

People donate ISK to James315 for SRP. See, that wasn't hard, was it?

Also, everytime you type something on these forums baby seals die.

Don't let your SJW friends find out, you'll become an un-person very quickly.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Sasha Nemtsov
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#225 - 2017-01-26 00:59:30 UTC
Zaha Koto wrote:

What discussions about Code James315 Bullying Harassment and Griefing are always lacking is any semblance of intelligence.

Would you describe yourself as intelligent, dear Zaha?

You say, above, that (grossly simplified, I allow) the output of the New Order of Highsec lacks anything which resembles intelligence; yet you do not define 'intelligence' in a way which permits us to argue the point.

What, dear heart, is 'intelligence'? And in what manner - precisely - do we lack it, or anything resembling it?

Do tell us, pray, for we entertain a sneaking suspicion that you haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about, neither that you could speak intelligently about it if you did.

Come! You've entered the Den; engage the monster fact-to-face!

Or, of course, continue to make vague, spiteful (but ultimately impotent) remarks which betray not only the lack of any semblance of comprehension of the deep complexity of the makeup of the EVE player base, but which also mark you out as something of a - how shall I put it - a Madame; yes, that's it, a Madame!
Clockwork Robot
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#226 - 2017-01-26 01:53:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Clockwork Robot
Zaha Koto wrote:
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Zaha Koto wrote:

And not in good ways.

Roll

This is possibly the stupidest post I have ever read on these forums.

And you guys have already set the bar impossibly low.

Just read the posts of Bumblef*ck and Dom "Deluded" Arkaral to see what I mean

You guys are too busy gathering "tears" to engage your brains

People "gave" James315 1 trillion+ isk. Gotta be the dumbest bunch of morons ever

See... This is where you lose me, Zaha. Putting aside the possibility that you're a drama-alt, you've acknowledged, repeatedly, in the past that you understand that CODE does indeed enjoy riling up people. You claim to understand it at a cerebral level, yet you keep "feeding" them. I would not pay CODE one single ISK on the grounds that they "demand" it... But I also wouldn't lower myself to arguing and feeding them. To say nothing of lowering myself to the level of calling them insulting terms. Were I actively playing, and Mining, I would try to make it a game to see if I could evade being killed. That would be fun. That would be content. And I could laugh along with them, if they killed me, or if I got away. There is literally no reason to become hateful. Not even over the whole "Bonus Round" thing, which I did think crossed some lines.

Looking back at my posts, I don't think anyone could accuse me of being a CODE-alt, or even much of a "fan". But seeing this back and force between yourself and them... I can only conclude that you are giving them whatever "victory" it is you are looking to score for yourself. And sadly... I'm now sort of interested in flying/chatting with them, even while trying to avoid a gank... Moreso than I would be with you.
Jacques d'Orleans
#227 - 2017-01-26 02:18:16 UTC
Zaha Koto wrote:

Victim is a word, normally used for people who came into a situation outside of their own control, like crimes, accidents and so on.
Where the people who did attend bonus rounds victims?
No, certainly not, neither have they suffered severe bodily harm or lost their home or lost real life money.
There are always two necessary to do such a bonus round, the first one is the guy who does the round and the second one is the guy who attends it. No one forced anyone to attend!
If someone attends to a bonus rounds, while everyone with a brain would have smelled the crap at a miles distance, they attended the bonus rounds because they have switched their brain into greed mode. Simple as that.

Here in Germany we have a say: "Gier frisst Hirn." which translates into something like "Greed guzzles your brain."
And that's the bitter truth, their brain was guzzled by greed. Bitter but true.

Hazel TuckerTS
Doomheim
#228 - 2017-01-26 03:19:08 UTC
code there IS another place I need you to lick. ( . )

kiss kiss bang bang

SmellyOld Fart Rehoboam
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#229 - 2017-01-26 04:13:49 UTC  |  Edited by: SmellyOld Fart Rehoboam
Now now Miss Koto, I hear a commotion in my sty, you got all my Codie piggies squealing an it aint Sunday roast yet. You question their vapid existence course you'll get a wall of inane text, they're just pigs. They live to please me with their tears and make my dinner. Now I'll put em ta bed for now with my turn table music by Roy. Blink
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#230 - 2017-01-26 07:33:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
Zaha Koto wrote:

Bonus rounds didn't have victims, they had willing participants who were involved entirely of their own free will and who could stop at any time, but decided that internet spaceship money was more important than their dignity.

Making bad decisions doesn't make you a victim.
ISD Fractal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#231 - 2017-01-26 13:41:19 UTC
Quote:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

I have removed some trolling posts.

ISD Fractal

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Lena Crews
Corporate Navy Police Force
Sleep Reapers
#232 - 2017-01-26 14:25:02 UTC
Why are people calling out CODE on this?

There was hi-sec ganking when I left EVE 8 years ago without CODE (I feel like it was easier back then to be ganked in hi-sec)... and there remains hi-sec ganking today.

There were protection rackets and other demands for payment to avoid being destroyed/podded in Eve 8 years ago too.

Look... the only thing that makes CODE different is that they use a formulaic method (their code) to pull extra tears from their victims when possible... but that isn't new either. People have always mocked those they just killed in EVE and tried to provoke meltdowns. CODE members just all use the same method.

They're a hi-sec ganking corp. There are a ton of those out there. They are not the only group of those I have to keep an eye on when I see them in local. They're the only one people seem to get worked up about though.
Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Cuttlefish Collective
#233 - 2017-01-26 14:42:52 UTC
Lena Crews wrote:
Why are people calling out CODE on this?

There was hi-sec ganking when I left EVE 8 years ago without CODE (I feel like it was easier back then to be ganked in hi-sec)... and there remains hi-sec ganking today.

There were protection rackets and other demands for payment to avoid being destroyed/podded in Eve 8 years ago too.

Look... the only thing that makes CODE different is that they use a formulaic method (their code) to pull extra tears from their victims when possible... but that isn't new either. People have always mocked those they just killed in EVE and tried to provoke meltdowns. CODE members just all use the same method.

They're a hi-sec ganking corp. There are a ton of those out there. They are not the only group of those I have to keep an eye on when I see them in local. They're the only one people seem to get worked up about though.

They cry because they need a safe space lol.

I used to hate gankers, then I started to talk to my local Agent.
I was getting bored of missions and started working with my new friend, acting as a cloaky warp-in point.
Then one day I gave it a try on my alt, I thought to myself "wow, this was in my reach all along and I ignored it for too long (speaking about pvp)"

They're the most laid back folks I know, and to be fair, for every 10 "grr CODE." posts (on here and Facebook) makes at least one player want to join and try it (newbros and vets, folks from every background)

And no, I didn't make this story up, it's actually what happened... why lie about an experience that made me stick to the game? :P
And yes, I really need to go back to it Cool

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Zaha Koto
State War Academy
Caldari State
#234 - 2017-01-26 19:59:34 UTC
As far as I can see none of my recent posts have been removed.

That is a 1st for me Big smileBig smileBig smile

Thank you ISDs
Bing Bangboom
DAMAG Safety Commission
#235 - 2017-01-26 23:17:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Bing Bangboom
I have this theory about the New Halaima Code of Conduct.

This theory says that if you were intending to be the governing authority of a region of Eve, say, highsec, it would be a good idea to have some sort of governing document for everyone who resides in your territory to know what was expected of them. Plus a good explanation of WHY they were expected to act in certain ways and of course, what the results will be for law breakers.

My theory would also include the idea that words are great but actions speak louder so, after promulgating this governing document it would be necessary to go out and enforce it so that anyone who thinks its like "optional" would soon get the message and comply or GTFO. Plus, since CCP has failed to include a lot of what a new player needs to know in the NPE and, so, hasn't yet put a "read the Code" mission in the tutorial, it would fall on the proponents of the governing authority to spread the word themselves. And as everyone knows, nothing gets peoples attention better than explosions. Except naked women but that isn't an option in Eve. So, explosions it is.

Some theories about gamers are that they that are often intelligent, motivated quick learners who strive to excel in their chosen game. My theory, in contrast, would be that gamers are lazy, uncurious and prone to taking the easiest route while ironically demanding respect and even admiration for their mad skills. My theory has the advantage over the first mentioned one in that it exactly matches the Eve players we find in our travels around highsec. SO, my theory would include the idea that we would have to tell our fellow highsec residents about the Code frequently, punctuated with violence, and with a depressingly large number of reminders in the form of Catalysts suddenly appearing alongside their mining ships. Or pods. Or freighters. As you can see, my theory is a kind of general theory...

SUDDEN SHIFT FROM THEORY TO REALITY!!!! Shockingly, we mean what we say. We mean to run highsec, run it the way we say it should be, and intend to keep enforcing the Code until it is that way. And psychologically at least. we already DO run it. Every procurer. Every skiff. Every bulkhead. That's us. They do it because of us.

EVERY highsec miner, hauler, missioner, PvEer of any kind, MUST have a mining permit and follow the New Halaima Code of Conduct. Or be subject to bumping or ganking.

Raging changes nothing. We carry on with our business.

Highsec is worth fighting for.

By choosing to mine in New Order systems, highsec miners have agreed to follow the New Halaima Code of Conduct.  www.minerbumping.com

Jacques d'Orleans
#236 - 2017-01-27 02:07:25 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:

They cry because they need a safe space lol.

Safe space, my arse! Has someone hurt their "Feewings"?
Hazel TuckerTS
Doomheim
#237 - 2017-01-27 02:10:22 UTC
code can eat my Kevin Schwantz at high noon on a platform in jita

kiss kiss bang bang

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#238 - 2017-01-27 05:26:48 UTC
I'm really starting to think these threads are started by CODE alts.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#239 - 2017-01-27 06:44:51 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
I'm really starting to think these threads are started by CODE alts.

That's exactly why miners should just listen to their Agents and not think for themselves. It always goes wrong.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#240 - 2017-01-27 06:59:54 UTC
They just don't appreciate than many very thoughtful, knowledgeable people have already done much better thinking than they themselves are capable of and determined the best way for them to behave.