These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

If you had to permanently abandon all ships for one of the four races

First post
Author
Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2016-09-30 20:22:07 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
For overal functionality probably Gallente. Combination of hybrid weapons and drone platforms makes them a pretty solid all-round choice me thinks.

We were stating the one race we would DROP, not the one we would keep right?
Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#42 - 2016-10-02 04:20:50 UTC
Started out Minmatar and I LOOOOOVE my Hurricane. Went into wormholes and found the love of Amarr ships. Did FW and discovered the love of the Maulus.

Caldari. Even my love of the Ferox won't save it...
13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2016-10-04 06:00:20 UTC
Avaelica Kuershin wrote:
Based on appearance: Gallente (Honestly, sober up before designing ships)
Based on function: Caldari (They may be the best missile boats but the other races have better overall functionality)

Boo. Ships were cooler when they were asymmetrical and had flair. Now they're homogenized deviantART art.

Don't kid yourselves. Even the dirtiest pirates from the birth of EVE have been carebears. They use alts to bring them goods at cheap prices and safely, rather than live with consequences of their in game actions on their main, from concord to prices

Niraad Khaaz
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#44 - 2016-10-04 13:13:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Niraad Khaaz
Other than when Ishtar was cancer I've never really flown Gallente and still don't have T2 large rails/blasters...so Gallente.
Niraad Khaaz
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#45 - 2016-10-04 13:15:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Niraad Khaaz
Deleted for quoting self What?Lol foruming is hard.
Conrad Makbure
Trident Expedition
#46 - 2016-10-05 02:36:27 UTC
13kr1d1 wrote:
Avaelica Kuershin wrote:
Based on appearance: Gallente (Honestly, sober up before designing ships)
Based on function: Caldari (They may be the best missile boats but the other races have better overall functionality)

Boo. Ships were cooler when they were asymmetrical and had flair. Now they're homogenized deviantART art.

You're all messed up, like the old art. The new ship redesigns are pure improvement.
Alaric Faelen
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#47 - 2016-10-05 23:44:28 UTC
Tough choice. I find myself in all the races boats constantly depending on role. Plus the use of Pirate faction ships makes it affect more than just that one racial ship tree.
I could probably live the easiest without Amarr, despite really liking their ships. I can think of a different race to use in any given role that I would need Amarr.
Dwai Attic
TheAtticKo
#48 - 2016-10-06 00:21:16 UTC
Remove Amarr.

Twisted
Davis TetrisKing
The Vendunari
End of Life
#49 - 2016-10-06 03:22:14 UTC
Probably Caldari.

Maybe Minmatar.

Unlikely to give up on Amarr. Confessor, ONI, Curse; too many ships I really like. (Plus it would lock out SoE ships, **** that).

I could never give up Gallente. The Tristan is my one true love.
Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#50 - 2016-10-08 02:41:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk Magnum
Caldari. No question. This empire really grinds my gears, sticks in my craw, chaps my hide, scorches my anus without relent, etc.

1) no doctrine focused around Caldari ships is any fun to fly except for 100km troll-Crows IMO

2) least optimized slot layout for small-gang or solo PvP, except for some of the Amarr ships

3) middling PvE. IMO you can't point to the low skill floor of Drakes and Ravens, because those skills don't transfer to the better PvE ships from other empires that need higher skills to start using effectively

4) if I permanently give up spaceship command skills for Caldari then I also lose access to Sansha and Gurista ships, which I do happen to like and it'd make me upset to not be able to use them, and for this I blame the Caldari too.

5) least developed lore IMO, which isn't really in the scope of this discussion, but is also of concern.

edit: to be a bit more serious, I don't think points 1-3 mean that CCP needs to look at Caldari ships for balance issues. Caldari is distinctive in the way the ships work for the most part, and form a respectable piece of the larger whole. I've never been one to advocate homogenization in this game.

"LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Vincent Pelletier
Pelletier Imports and Exports
#51 - 2016-10-08 06:21:33 UTC
As it stands: Minmatar, sadly. It got hit so hard with the 7 year rebalance pendulum swing a couple of years ago it still hasn't recovered. Caldari has over the years actually gained a lot.
Previous page123