These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Claiming your Holiday Gift

First post First post
Author
Richard Bohme
Inter-Arma
#221 - 2011-12-25 23:33:35 UTC
I have several accounts and don't see the gift i choose for any of them Sad Any idea what is up?
Ampoliros
Aperture Harmonics
#222 - 2011-12-25 23:49:38 UTC
For future reference, if you guys decide to do bonus remaps again at some point in the future, it'd be nice if the character in question recieved a notifiication mail from CCP that stated that a bonus remap was applied, and that 'x' remaps are now available

it can be a bit confusing to remember how many remaps you had to make sure stuff was applied correctly. Cool
GM Spiral
Game Master Retirement Home
#223 - 2011-12-26 12:29:58 UTC
Thank you for the comments so far in this thread.

• The deadline for redeeming the CA-1 implant was at 23:59 on the 5th of December
  • The deadline for redeeming the CA-2 implant was at 23:59 on the 21st of December
  • The deadline for choosing a gift was at 23:59 on the 21st of December.
  • The Neural Remap gift was scripted to be given out at 14:00 on the 22nd of December. It was automatically applied to the highest skill point character on the account.
  • Other gifts chosen were made available through the redeeming system at 00:00 on the 22nd.

We are aware of a large number of players that were fully eligible for the holiday gifts but either never chose a gift or did not redeem them in time. The implants were automatically added to your account's redeeming system, but were set to expire after a set date. The Choose A Gift program was facilitated through the Account Management pages on the EVE Online website.

The current situation is not the way we would have wanted it to be as the gifts are supposed to be something nice and fun for the holidays and not a tool of discord. This may have happened due to the time set for the deadlines, communication could perhaps have been improved or any other number of things. But we do know that less people received their holiday gift than should have. We are looking into possibilities to amend this in some manner. We'll be updating with further news later in the week.

In the meantime, if you missed out on the holiday gifts for any reason then please send us a petition. We are trying to be as accommodating as we can over the holidays in regards to the holiday gifts.

AttentionAttentionAttentionWhen you petition:AttentionAttentionAttention

• Submit the petition to the Billing category under Reactivation Offers.
  • If you have more than one account affected, list all of them in a single petition.
  • If you wish for the Neural Remap, list the character to receive them on each account claiming that option.

AttentionPlease let your friends, corpmates and alliance buddies know that we are helping with this if they missed out!Attention

On behalf of EVE Online Customer Support I would like to wish you all happy holidays.

Senior Game Master | CCP Games Customer Support Team

Helping capsuleers since 2004.

Kaelie Onren
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#224 - 2011-12-26 14:34:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaelie Onren
malaire wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
2: If you can't notice whats on the log in screen, managed to miss dozens of threads about it on the forums, 2 dev blogs, news items, and either never check your email or refuse the EVE newsletter you have bigger issues than missing an imaginary free gift.

1) For many the login screen notice was covered by client update notice.
2) Not everyone reads forums
3) Both devblogs (1, 2) only mentions gift selection in passing while main attention is in other matters (in first the CA-2 implant, in second the change to bonus remap functionality.)
4) At least I wasn't aware that there is EVE newsletter you can subscribe to so I don't know how visible this information was there.

EDIT: I missed to comment about "news items". Was there even a single news item about needing to select a gift? I don't remember seeing any.

And EVE newsletter goes straight to junkmail (as I recently discovered) due to adaptive mail filtering.
(since fixed, but you get the point, apologists...) there are legit benign ways that people missed this. The core fault here is the short time span in which the gift period was done. (4 days. really?)

At any rate I filed a petition and I got my gift, (yai CCP! you came through for us!) though I don't think it's the same as the original package. Fuel blocks was 1000units per type as I recall, but I just got 25 per type. :( I'm hoping its an honest mistake on the GMs part, otherwise it's a clear message that latecomers get 'something' and we should just accept the shortchanging. Which I guess I can get over. But in which case my gift choice would have been different... >_<
GM Spiral
#225 - 2011-12-26 14:39:37 UTC
Kaelie Onren wrote:
[quote=malaire]At any rate I filed a petition and I got my gift, though I don't think it's the same as the original package. Fuel blocks was 1000units per type as I recall, but I just got 25 per type. :( I'm hoping its an honest mistake on the GMs part, otherwise it's a clear message that latecomers get 'something' and we should just accept the shortchanging. Which I guess I will get over. But in which case my gift choice would have been different.

This is perhaps something that would need to be clarified.

Each "unit" in the redeeming system is 40 fuel blocks. 25 units equals 1000 fuel blocks. Smile

Same with the ammunition and missiles, each unit is worth a bunch of the in game item.

Kel'Tarus
League of Gentlemen Extraordinaire
#226 - 2011-12-27 18:43:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Kel'Tarus
Got remap on all 3 of my accounts just a day after sending a petition. Thank you guys and especially Hummingbird for handling my request so quickly during this time of year.

Happy Holidays, Cheers!

PS And please guys, be nice and not all pissy and grumpy in your petition.

Why fix it if it ain't broken

YaSiS
The Chosezen Onez
#227 - 2011-12-28 15:09:41 UTC
i dont see any gifts in my account ?

CCP soundwave is dancing for you b1tches ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HxwAEpdS2Y&feature=plcp

GM Spiral
#228 - 2011-12-28 15:12:34 UTC  |  Edited by: GM Spiral
YaSiS wrote:
i dont see any gifts in my account ?

File a petition according to my instructions in the OP. The game masters and mistresses will take good care of you.

[EDIT]
Madness, I am confusing threads together. I meant the topic I posted here. Sorry.
[/EDIT]

Mistrala DeLegra
Novus Alba FerrumSus
#229 - 2011-12-28 21:06:36 UTC
Tbh I can't be botherd, file a petition to petition the petition that was petitioned, all for a gift that was fluffed up? I will pass, just hope the brains behind it all received a damned good talking to, ever heard the expression "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"?....them are some wise words lol, if your gonna deliver a gift,next time please do it the way it's been done for years and show us the shiny "gift" button.
Kievan Ariskana
White Ring Research
#230 - 2011-12-29 17:25:00 UTC
I shall refuse to petition for X-mas goodies for some reasons...

I got the CA-1 implant, redeeming it out of a list of one possible choices
I got the CA-2 implant, redeeming it out of a list of one possible choices

Every time I logged in in Dec the log-in screen was obscured by a nice update notification, either blocking the banners or overlaying a very nice black background since the crucible anima isnt loading (in time)

I was on the account management page during the time for choosing the gifts but never saw any indication about it (probably a good thing I canceled the subscription)

And then you learn you can (or better could) choose 1 gift out of 24 using the Account Management?? Let me guess: after login you can redeem it out of a list of 1.....like the CA-implants above?

Sounds a bit like the excuse for the new sovereign system: its not done with Towers because getting fuel in deep 0.0 is too hard.....with the following expansion to add Planetary Interaction to build your own fuel in deep 0.0

FAIL
Serina Verity
World Eaterz
#231 - 2011-12-29 19:14:54 UTC
Spoiler Alert - Positive Post

I filed a petition and asked for the gift that I would have chosen.

I log on 3 days later and my gift is there.

Thanks CCP. (But please do it different next time!)
Nisha Valone
Doomheim
#232 - 2011-12-29 23:51:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Nisha Valone
To give peeps an idea of the length of the queue:

I filed a petition at 12.26.2011 in regards to the holiday gifts and received the requested items approximately 3 days later.

Thanks to CCP. And happy holidays.
Evanhawk
Multiverse Academy
#233 - 2011-12-31 00:52:22 UTC
I just filed my petition, and I am glad that we got a second shot at it! Thanks, CCP!
indig0F10w
Weed smokers HQ
#234 - 2011-12-31 21:32:51 UTC
Snowball launchers! Twisted
Avo Gadro
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#235 - 2012-01-01 18:54:43 UTC
Phantom, I irremediably love you. Could we meet someday to drink a beer (at least that ....) ???

A Mad Scientist
Muul Udonii
THORN Syndicate
Northern Coalition.
#236 - 2012-01-03 15:41:23 UTC
Is there any way to see that accounts redeemed what?

I know I missed at least one of the implant gifts on at least one of my accounts, but I have no idea which ones. It would save me having to petition each on each account to see if I am eligable for anything in addition to what I did get around to redeeming.