These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Claiming your Holiday Gift

First post First post
Author
Equimanthorn
RONA Corporation
Blue Sun Interstellar Technologies
#201 - 2011-12-24 17:06:29 UTC
CCP gives birth to a new redemption system

CCP in action

Because the old one was just too easy to use.
Caterpillar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#202 - 2011-12-24 17:37:47 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Caterpillar wrote:
Ranger 1
1: Funny, everyone else gets the same updates, yet it was clearly visible to everyone else. [;) wrote:

It would have been "clearly visible" if the update wasn't due at the time that you logged in or if you had applied it prior to the gift message being published. Otherwise, the update message would have been displayed over the top of the gift message.

Maybe you should look a little outside your experiences and accept that, for others, it might have been somewhat different.

Which would explain why the information was ALSO available a half dozen other ways. Feel free to list the steps you took to isolate yourself from the flood of notifications and show why you have no responsibility in not noticing any of them.

Step 1 (and only) - I was too busy with RL work to find the time to look for something that i did not know was there. ;)

You are correct in that people must take some responsibility for missing it, but the question still exists, why did CCP choose to time limit this offer so tightly, when all previous gifts have had a far longer claim window? Surely, they should have predicted that a significant number of their loyal player base would miss the offer and be unhappy about it. It just looks like a bit of an unnecessary own-goal to me.

archangel1004
State War Academy
Caldari State
#203 - 2011-12-24 18:05:26 UTC
HAHA ha ha ha U MISSED OOOUUUUTTT Big smile
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#204 - 2011-12-24 19:21:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Bad Messenger
I have to admit that CCP response to petition about gifts was hanled as professional way it could ever done on by any organization.

It was so smooth that i regret that i ever said any negative about CCP on this matter.

It seems that CCP posts that they have changed is truth after all.

My petition about gift were handled most professional way than no one ever could believe.
ZaphodBeeble
The W.O.L.F
Reeloaded.
#205 - 2011-12-24 19:22:53 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Lots of stuff.

4 posts in a row? Your anti-whining is almost worse than the actual whining.

Dude, people are gonna complain no matter what happens. You can't keep everyone happy so why are you getting so worked up about it especially as it's out of your control?

I'm entitled to complain if I'm not happy with something; how would anything ever improve if I didn't?
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#206 - 2011-12-24 19:39:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Caterpillar wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Caterpillar wrote:
Ranger 1
1: Funny, everyone else gets the same updates, yet it was clearly visible to everyone else. [;) wrote:

It would have been "clearly visible" if the update wasn't due at the time that you logged in or if you had applied it prior to the gift message being published. Otherwise, the update message would have been displayed over the top of the gift message.

Maybe you should look a little outside your experiences and accept that, for others, it might have been somewhat different.

Which would explain why the information was ALSO available a half dozen other ways. Feel free to list the steps you took to isolate yourself from the flood of notifications and show why you have no responsibility in not noticing any of them.

Step 1 (and only) - I was too busy with RL work to find the time to look for something that i did not know was there. ;)

You are correct in that people must take some responsibility for missing it, but the question still exists, why did CCP choose to time limit this offer so tightly, when all previous gifts have had a far longer claim window? Surely, they should have predicted that a significant number of their loyal player base would miss the offer and be unhappy about it. It just looks like a bit of an unnecessary own-goal to me.

If your reason is you were too busy to log in for a month (the first notice went out at the end of November) how is that CCP's fault.

By the way, in one of the other games that I play the announcement of their Holiday Special had a whopping 2 day notice, and a window of 5 days. The only announcement was on their log in screen and web site.

Oddly enough, nobody complained. Blink

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#207 - 2011-12-24 19:41:36 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
Ranger 1 wrote:

If you reason is you were too busy to log in for a month (the first notice went out at the end of November) how is that CCP's fault.

By the way, in one of the other games that I play the announcement of their Holiday Special had a whopping 2 day notice, and a window of 5 days. The only announcement was on their log in screen and web site.

Oddly enough, nobody complained. Blink

I think he's saying that WoWtards are better then us. Burn the witch ShockedTwisted

EDIT: I think with this CCP is telling us, MERRY CHRISTMAS, now go pull up your pants and HTFU!

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#208 - 2011-12-24 19:43:43 UTC
ZaphodBeeble wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Lots of stuff.

Dude, people are gonna complain no matter what happens. You can't keep everyone happy so why are you getting so worked up about it especially as it's out of your control?

I'm entitled to complain if I'm not happy with something; how would anything ever improve if I didn't?

Big smile I simply believe that everyone deserves an individual response when they take the time to articulate a point.

Including you my friend.

Of course you should say something if you think something is wrong, just as other people should point out when it's not.

I'm not worked up at all... I received all 3 gifts they gave us this year.

Mostly because I can read.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Andre Coeurl
Embers Children
#209 - 2011-12-24 19:49:12 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
ZaphodBeeble wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Lots of stuff.

Big smile I simply believe that everyone deserves an individual response when they take the time to articulate a point.

Including you my friend.

Of course you should say something if you think something is wrong, just as other people should point out when it's not.

Ok, man, you're awesome.
So be happy with it, and let the people who missed the gifts ask for a way to redeem them even, you know, during the Christmas holiday period, if actually those gifts are intended as Christmas gifts.

Somehow there's something which reminds me of those children who cry when somebody else gets a gift, because they think they are the only ones who deserve some...
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#210 - 2011-12-24 19:52:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Andre Coeurl wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
ZaphodBeeble wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Lots of stuff.

Including you my friend.

Ok, man, you're awesome.
So be happy with it, and let the people who missed the gifts ask for a way to redeem them even, you know, during the Christmas holiday period, if actually those gifts are intended as Christmas gifts.

Somehow there's something which reminds me of those children who cry when somebody else gets a gift, because they think they are the only ones who deserve some...

Perhaps you should file a petition as you were directed to do, or did you manage to miss that as well...

Juju x
Left Hand Black
#211 - 2011-12-24 20:16:30 UTC
I missed all that blah blah blah... doesn't matter, I think it's funny that CCP trolled their playerbase. HTFU
Kambiri Zoltana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#212 - 2011-12-24 21:13:12 UTC
Its Xmass eve and its already gone, ccp can suck my ****.
BondGamer
Perkone
Caldari State
#213 - 2011-12-24 23:38:20 UTC  |  Edited by: BondGamer
Can someone explain how you were supposed to pick a gift in the first place? I didn't see any option to choose a holiday gift when I logged in last week. All I could get was the implant thing. I assume it was the same way you get any promotional item, but it never showed me a holiday gift option.

*Added*

I read the holiday gift page and am now sure I was never presented an option to select a gift. There was obviously a bug. I know I was unable to select the implant gift until I logged in, because I hadn't logged in to claim the other implant from a couple weeks earlier. It kept letting me redeem the implant gift but the option never disappeared. I don't know if it is all related or this is just a specific issue for me.
Zenst
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#214 - 2011-12-25 00:26:25 UTC
BondGamer wrote:
Can someone explain how you were supposed to pick a gift in the first place? I didn't see any option to choose a holiday gift when I logged in last week. All I could get was the implant thing. I assume it was the same way you get any promotional item, but it never showed me a holiday gift option.

*Added*

I read the holiday gift page and am now sure I was never presented an option to select a gift. There was obviously a bug. I know I was unable to select the implant gift until I logged in, because I hadn't logged in to claim the other implant from a couple weeks earlier. It kept letting me redeem the implant gift but the option never disappeared. I don't know if it is all related or this is just a specific issue for me.

No idea were said option was and I logged in daily, though it has been pointed out that this was a once only displayed banner login item and with the number of patch's recieved recently that it was very possible that you missed the banner display due to patch's popping up. Not sure of the exact date/time this banner appeared initialy for logins and when the last patch was but it certianly clashed for more than CCP would of liked so drop a petition to them about it.
a newbie
Kenbishi Heavy Industries Inc.
#215 - 2011-12-25 07:27:00 UTC  |  Edited by: a newbie
You know, I have 2 accounts, much like a good number of players do, and I knew nothing about this. I have spent my time working my tail off in this **** poor economy and again like others I didn't see anything about holiday gifts. I didn't look as I figured it would be as it has been in the past.

Login > Redeem Gift > Shoot snowballs at people.

But instead you poorly convey to the public and screw people like myself not only out of the 2nd implant to a set that will never be given out again, but the christmas gifts that ARE FUNCTIONAL.

This isnt something like a snowball launcher that we just don't use. You gave away usable items that serve a purpose. And you did a crap job of advertising it.

Why is there a deadline on picking gifts half a week before anyhow? I spent a good time shopping for other people about the same time you thought I should be on EVE shopping for myself.

Really. Either give us all the same thing or remove the "Sorry but you missed our poorly advertised gifts for being a loyal customer" and just let us pick our gift.

I mean seriously.. These are supposedly "Merry Christmas" / "Thank you" gifts. What the hell kind of thanks for subscribing is offering presents and then just sticking your tongue out at the people you offered them too?

I love you guys at CCP, but this is just common sense and being a good person. You miss christmas you send it after, don't say to people sorry I couldnt make it so Im returning your junk.

...um.. fire?

Kel'Tarus
League of Gentlemen Extraordinaire
#216 - 2011-12-25 09:29:24 UTC
I didn't know they celebrate April Fools' Day in Iceland, well, I'd call this December Fools' Day. You got us good, CCP!

Why fix it if it ain't broken

Serina Verity
World Eaterz
#217 - 2011-12-25 12:03:04 UTC
I'll just add my voice to those complaining about the bad way these 'gifts' were managed.

I also didn't see any message telling how to select the gifts, but as has been said already, these were probably covered by the number of updates. As I also work away from home, I also don't have time to peruse the forums and look for this kind of stuff.

I've been playing since just out of beta, and this is another 'Up Yours, Suckers' from CCP that I can add to my collection. Sad
Lithalnas
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#218 - 2011-12-25 16:34:23 UTC
I got nothing, no ammo, no destroyers, no prize friages, no remap.

I have logged in every day between the 22nd and today and have yet to see a redemption icon. I also do not see it anywhere on the account website. Am I bugged?

https://www.facebook.com/RipSeanVileRatSmith shoot at blue for Vile Rat http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73406

TheFearlessGallente
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#219 - 2011-12-25 21:07:15 UTC
I just found out, I'm not getting anything for christmas.

Did I read the dev blog? yes
Did I notice there was another present besides the implant? no
Did I see the blue banner ad? yes
Did I click on it to see what it was about? no
Was it my fault? yes.
Am I going to quit over it? no.

As suggested by CCP Navigator, I petitioned it. Curious what the outcome will be.
Jade Nexia
CHON
THE R0NIN
#220 - 2011-12-25 21:24:57 UTC
So as I read this thru. I will be unable to get any gift on all my 6 accounts, just because I was bussy with x-mas preparation. Now when I had couple of hours to log in at 24th december is too late for me?

Pretty nice gift dear CCP :(.

Time to open pettition and pray ...

BTW: happy xmass to all