These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[November] Rorqual Astrahus citadel docking fix

First post First post First post
Author
Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#21 - 2016-09-20 16:05:39 UTC
It has been in the game for 4 months, no reason to fix it now, might as well leave it as is and call it a feature.....
Kyras Delani
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2016-09-20 16:05:58 UTC
So was this actually discussed with concerned industrialists either at the CSM summit / weekly meets or the structure tweetfleet slack? or did you just throw darts at a dartboard labeled "ironic Rorqual buffs"
Philip Shazih
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2016-09-20 16:06:04 UTC
The supposed to be end all be all mining ship (that will become a lot less usefull soon) cant dock in the station thats supposed to excel in refining... makes sense to you?
Sonic Sparrow
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2016-09-20 16:06:31 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Freighter and JF docking access remains unchanged, they have always been intended to be dockable in Astrahus citadels.

Why does moving ore from a rorqual to a freighter to get it refined make any sense when it comes to game design? Astrahus refining is encouraged via gameplay mechanics. This removes a big benefit of owning a rorqual. Rorqual is to Freighter like Miasmos is to Iteron V.

Treat your capitals like you treat your subcaps and you get a clear line of gameplay progression.

Actually if I was one to Tinfoil it sounds like Industrial Arrays will be able to refine ore.....
Nymblar
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2016-09-20 16:08:17 UTC
What is the motivation behind this - I don't buy this being a bug, this feels like a conscious design decision that you're passing off as a "bug".

Jump Freighters are bigger than Rorquals and yet they can still dock.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#26 - 2016-09-20 16:09:25 UTC
Sonic Sparrow wrote:
Actually if I was one to Tinfoil it sounds like Industrial Arrays will be able to refine ore.....

Yes. The only way this makes any sense is if the new structures to be released at the same time have overlapping functionality.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Tiberizzle
Your Mom Heavy Industries
#27 - 2016-09-20 16:13:41 UTC
this is completely unnecessary and has not demonstrated itself to be a problem in the several months the rorqual has had this capability

with the majority of nullsec / lowsec T2 refineries in the game being astrahuses at this point, this will be disruptive

further it will discourage much desired "in the belt" rorqual usage by complicating in belt compression with the need for additional citadels, industrial ships and characters

please learn to recognize your limits and paint within the lines fozzie, industry is most assuredly not your wheelhouse
Zappity
#28 - 2016-09-20 16:16:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Zappity
It really feels like it is too late to go back on this. Everybody has established their mining operations around the Astrahus and this is quite disruptive, especially considering rigs if we now have to move to Fortizars.

At least leave it until the new miming structures are released.

ckinoutdahoe
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2016-09-20 16:22:09 UTC
HI Everyone,

Ok CCP I do understand that it is a mistake that you never intended for the Rorq not to dock at the medium sized citidel .

Personally I dont care as it will not affect me in the least nor will it affect those who can well afford a fortizar or dozens of them.

But and and a long pause; you may wish to reconsider as it will affect the player base that YOU most wanted to go to null space in the first place.

Consider a newish corp that does not have 100b to spend on a fortizar how are they going to dock the Rorq at all once all the stations go bye bye..with exception of the npc stations in null.

I dont see the clarity of thought in doing this!!!

Does anyone else???

It is going to be a large change which may park many Rorq's as it is after the November change if they dont get reprocessed for something more useful.

While I have your undivided attention maybe clarify in a different post in detail about the pos changes as it is only a month and change away. As I can foresee a **** storm a brewing to **** off so many of your old member base a great deal.
Wibla
Tactical Narcotics Team
#30 - 2016-09-20 16:23:43 UTC
Yet another unsurprising move from a CCP that is increasingly hostile to the player base.
Daugan
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#31 - 2016-09-20 16:27:19 UTC
Yet another unwanted, unthought through, and useless change. Thanks CCP.
Rob Kaichin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2016-09-20 16:30:27 UTC
Posting in a Goonswarm CTA thread.

I like it, and would prefer if all caps were locked out of Astrahuses, and couldn't tether on them at all.
Erick Asmock
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2016-09-20 16:33:37 UTC
Nymblar wrote:
What is the motivation behind this - I don't buy this being a bug, this feels like a conscious design decision that you're passing off as a "bug".

Jump Freighters are bigger than Rorquals and yet they can still dock.

Significantly so....Rorq is 14,500,00 m3 and JF and F are both 16,250,000 m3

I mean never let logic get in your way.

It's a simple concept. Don't induce mechanics that break fun in the game and "fix" things that are not breaking game play. The fact the reasonable and logical people can understand why this would be a bad mechanic says it all.

The more mechanics that inhibit player fun you introduce, the more tedious you make the game, the less people will line up to play the game regardless if it is free or pay to play.
Oceane Chevalier
Maple Moose
#34 - 2016-09-20 16:35:07 UTC
It is difficult to understand the full rational given we only have a portion of the equation in hand (we just know about the citadels). Maybe with the full picture of structures (indust. arrays, etc.) will we eventually get it. Today clearly most are not.

Given there were no panics or game breaking situations to leave it "as is", why not wait for new structures to make this change? It simply creates confusion & frustration without the means to calm the players with a "but here is what will replace it" type feedback.

So unless you could provide the full explanation, there are no underlying needs to change it immediately.

handige harrie
Vereenigde Handels Compagnie
#35 - 2016-09-20 16:40:05 UTC
If you hate the rorqual that much, why not remove it from the game and reimburse skills?

last 3 or 4 years have been nothing but nerfs.

Baddest poster ever

Sarah Flynt
Red Cross Mercenaries
Silent Infinity
#36 - 2016-09-20 16:40:09 UTC
How about you postpone this change to the release of drilling platforms, which will - as far as I know - nerf refining rigs in citadels, so most miners will want to switch over to them anyway (they can then take this into account for their decision which size they're going to build)?

Sick of High-Sec gankers? Join the public channel Anti-ganking and the dedicated intel channel Gank-Intel !

Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#37 - 2016-09-20 16:40:24 UTC
Philip Shazih wrote:
The supposed to be end all be all mining ship (that will become a lot less usefull soon) cant dock in the station thats supposed to excel in refining... makes sense to you?

Citadel aren't supposed to excel in refining, that is a stop gap measure until drilling platforms come about

Once drilling platforms are introduced, citadel will lose their reprocessing bonus and rigs will be removed and returned to the owner to place in a drilling platform.

If you aren't quite sure, re read the dev blog for the structures and look at the part where it talks rigs - it specifically didn't put those rigs in with citadel rigs, cause the aren't it is a band aid until the drilling platforms arrive
Zappity
#38 - 2016-09-20 16:41:53 UTC
Sarah Flynt wrote:
How about you postpone this change to the release of drilling platforms, which will - as far as I know - nerf refining rigs in citadels, so most miners will want to switch over to them anyway (they can then take this into account for their decision which size they're going to build)?

This is reasonable.

Damocles Orindus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2016-09-20 16:44:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Damocles Orindus
It's okay. Didn't need an industrial ship that hauls and compresses ore to be able to dock with the Astrahaus refinery. Par for the course on the Rorqual train wreck coming down the line. Roll
SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#40 - 2016-09-20 16:48:51 UTC
I'm inordinately fond of miner tears and even I think this is unwarranted.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/