These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

War dec recurrence

Author
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#61 - 2016-09-21 07:31:19 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

If the OP wants to have advice then he is quite welcome to PM me.

so your answer is no, you did not contact him in private.

can you not just answer a feckin question without going into a rant.

Of course I did not contact him in private, because I had given him the advice in this thread, the simple answer is if he is war decked by a blanket war decker that camps pipes and hubs then he should roll corps like mad because that is the only content they deserve.

But, if he is war decked by someone that wants a local conflict who operate ins the same area then he should look at whether he should fight or not based on his own abilities and skills and whether he is interested in blowing pixels up.

Simple stuff mate...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#62 - 2016-09-21 07:32:55 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Agreed, but how do you did this? Or is it simply how the sandbox plays out because of the rules? To make a bad sports analogy, in many games teams will attempt to play out the clock if there is limited time left and the team is ahead. This isn't enjoyable to watch, it usually isn't what people would consider playing the game, and yet it is the result of the mechanic of the game. Perhaps, in order to enable the value add of war dec mechanics, there has to be some accepted meta gaming and drawbacks.
Well the problem is that in highsec corps are pointless because of wardecs, so the first thing I'd do is carry on with CCPs plan to create cut down corps that can't be wardecced so people can have limited corp functions, like shared hangars, wallets, orders, chat room, etc without the ability to be in alliances hold in-space assets and the like while retaining tax (which I'd extend to cover mining too). Then to steer wardecs I'd do something like opening highsec space up to some level of ownership so wardec groups can fight to become tax collectors for a given system. Then all miners and missioners would pay a small amount for any interaction in that system. It'd need fleshing out with some kind of natural degradation and something to stop a huge group just taking over highsec (some form of soft limits on how many systems can be held) but that kind of thing. The general gist would be to encourage war corps to fight against other war corps while making players who want to not get involved in wars at all (or make private deals and alliances with those that do) would pay for it.

Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
In which case, perhaps the better advocacy would be to remind people what actions to take and all options that are available instead of just uttering the stale old "never make or join a Corp".
The other options are constantly being provided by those that think the whole game is about shooting each other in the face. I provide the option they frequently miss.

Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
And honestly , the main reason to make a Corp is to eliminate the 11% Income tax that is lost in an NPC corp. Plus there are the advantages of sharing Corp assets and spaces in a more convienient manner than contracts and trade mechanics. Oh and the increased capacity of Corp hangars. It's not an increase in m^3 space but rather max item count without having to subdivide using containers. Plus there is owning assets in space and the advantages those may bring. So the reality is, people must decide for themselves when the balance of those options match or outweigh the chance of being war decced. And perhaps that is what should be stressed, the point where advantages of running and being in a Corp out weigh the risk of being decced.
The 11% tax only affects mission runners, and they do better to run each ratter from a solo corp then roll it if decced. While miners can see benefits they are far outweighed by how quickly they'll become targets for wardecs when someone sees a group of miners in a corp. For the most part miners don't need to contract much when set up anyway. I have a mining group that when it was used never even docked. They all interacted with the orca and the hauler did the rest. If you're running into hangar item limits you're probably experienced enough to not worry about wars too much but can still benefit from alts remaining in NPC corps, and assets in space require defense so one hopes that when you put it up you already decided to fight back in a war.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#63 - 2016-09-21 07:34:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
I'm going to bet you didn't even talk to the OP in private.

without knowing the full facts you offer your shortcut to thinking.

that's what's wrong with your advice but you don't get that.
I don;t need to speak to him in private, I was offering an alternative solution that he may more may not accept. It's up to him to decide if that how he wants to play and it's us to posters in a thread asking for assistance to ensure all the options are on the table for him to make a reasoned choice. That you don't like one of the options is irrelevant.
so no you didn't contact him neither. so you know feck all about his true situation. but,, you're willing to dish out that advice like you know the score.. lol when you don't.

way to go lucas Roll
Feel free to re-read the post any time you want. If you feel he needed to be contacted privately to give him generic advice, that's your failing.

Ed: And I love how this is your argument by the way. You can't find a good way to get around the fact that him joining an NPC corp is a valid and potentially the best solution, so instead you're trying to pretend that not evemailing him for more information somehow invalidates the argument. You may as well just hold up a sign that says "I have no way to counter this argument".

Ginger Naari
Doomheim
#64 - 2016-09-21 07:37:31 UTC
radkid10 wrote:
Hilti Enaka wrote:
How long does this go on for?

I am under constant war dec on one of my mains and wondered if there is actually a cool off period?

If not this is exactly my point towards war decs being a lost mechanic.

learn how to fight and stop crying about it

even if you do not like player-versus-player sometimes you have to kick somebody's ass at least once for them to leave you alone

look at yourself and see what you have done it might have pissed somebody off do you strip mine a whole entire solar system every day or are you trying to control the local market somebody else there might not like that or do you brag about your earnings too much or you talk out of your ass too much or you **** somebody off in your previous Corporation or there's somebody in your corporation is Infamous for pissing people off it's rare for somebody to declare war against you for no reason at all

What utter rubbish..

As things stand with the wardec system anyone can get dragged in when they just wardec any corp they can find, either by going through the office list in a station, or simply pressing info on character and deccing the corp they are in, for no other reason than "content" and "targets"

Sometimes it may be a local issue, but in 99.9% of cases it's very doubtful whether that's the case nowadays.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#65 - 2016-09-21 07:39:12 UTC
Interesting idea in post 62. CCP should really speak to you.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#66 - 2016-09-21 07:40:24 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

Of course I did not contact him in private, because I had given him the advice in this thread, the simple answer is if he is war decked by a blanket war decker that camps pipes and hubs then he should roll corps like mad because that is the only content they deserve.

But, if he is war decked by someone that wants a local conflict who operate ins the same area then he should look at whether he should fight or not based on his own abilities and skills and whether he is interested in blowing pixels up.

Simple stuff mate...

you form an opinion and give advice without knowing the full facts. pretty much like most posts you make lucas.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#67 - 2016-09-21 07:44:12 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

I don;t need to speak to him in private, I was offering an alternative solution that he may more may not accept. It's up to him to decide if that how he wants to play and it's us to posters in a thread asking for assistance to ensure all the options are on the table for him to make a reasoned choice. That you don't like one of the options is irrelevant.
so no you didn't contact him neither. so you know feck all about his true situation. but,, you're willing to dish out that advice like you know the score.. lol when you don't.

way to go lucas Roll
Feel free to re-read the post any time you want. If you feel he needed to be contacted privately to give him generic advice, that's your failing.

Ed: And I love how this is your argument by the way. You can't find a good way to get around the fact that him joining an NPC corp is a valid and potentially the best solution, so instead you're trying to pretend that not evemailing him for more information somehow invalidates the argument. You may as well just hold up a sign that says "I have no way to counter this argument".

it's all about the forums and nothing to do with helping the guy. if everyone isn't seeing your dribble on the forums then you are not interested.
Ginger Naari
Doomheim
#68 - 2016-09-21 07:47:54 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

way to go lucas Roll

I'm getting really fed up with trolls turning whole threads into their own personal play ground.

You have added nothing to this thread apart from blatant personal attacks on other posters because you disagree with their advice..

Well it's up to the original poster to decide what is or isn't good advice that pertains to him, not you.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#69 - 2016-09-21 07:59:06 UTC
Ginger Naari wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

way to go lucas Roll

I'm getting really fed up with trolls turning whole threads into their own personal play ground.

You have added nothing to this thread apart from blatant personal attacks on other posters because you disagree with their advice..

Well it's up to the original poster to decide what is or isn't good advice that pertains to him, not you.

so i can't disagree? Roll grab a spoon and get in line please.

lucas can speak for himself, but i do agree with you totally, thread are hijacked for the sole purpose of personal agendas that have nothing to do with the original content of the thread. but please, i'm no troll.

what have i added?

i pointed out that advice is being given without knowing the full facts. that can't be a good thing now can it?

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#70 - 2016-09-21 07:59:48 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

Simple stuff mate...

you form an opinion and give advice without knowing the full facts. pretty much like most posts you make lucas.

You should look at what you just wrote, your sentence is incomplete and you said Lucas instead of Dracvlad.

My reply was based on asking for the key facts, blanket war decker or not, and whether his corp had given an expensive kill or keeps bleeding kills to them, it is not rocket science, blanket war decs are dumb and deserve a dumb response.

My last war dec was silly, I operated within my envelope and waited to see if they would come for me, they did but it was a seriously lame attempt with a noob character, I was half tempted to let them point me, but it was so contrived it was not really worth doing, after all the best way to defeat them is to deny them any content.

For example one of the HTFU posters asked for a quote to go after me and the mercs refused, because I was not worth it, which really means I was too experienced, too rich and knew how to avoid and bore them to death and I had the ability to annoy and get kills on them if I wanted to. Which gets into other questions, the OP may have the need to buy plex, I don't which makes him more vulnerable, he might have stuff in space, I don't, he might do things routinely that make him more vulnerable, I do not, I play Eve to be hard to kill. Each person is different and what works for me may not work for him because his drivers and abilities are likely different.

Does that help in your understanding?

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#71 - 2016-09-21 08:03:20 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

You should look at what you just wrote, your sentence is incomplete and you said Lucas instead of Dracvlad.

i'm sorry, it's hard to tell you 2 apart Roll
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#72 - 2016-09-21 08:06:56 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

lucas can speak for himself, but i do agree with you totally, thread are hijacked for the sole purpose of personal agendas that have nothing to do with the original content of the thread. but please, i'm no troll.
You can disagree all you want, but that's not what you're doing. You're just losing your mind because someone suggested something you don't like. You've not yet explained why removing yourself from a wardec isn't a solution to an unwanted wardec. And yes, you are a troll. Read your comments back objectively.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
i pointed out that advice is being given without knowing the full facts. that can't be a good thing now can it?
That's the great thing about this advice, I don't need the full facts. The OP can take the advice, see how it would apply to his personal situation then decide if it's a viable solution. Even better, someone else with the same question can look in here, see that same bit of advice and see if they can apply it to themselves. It wouldn't be much good if when someone asked for help all the replies were "check pm". The great thing about an open forum is it allows people not involved in the conversation to reference the material.

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#73 - 2016-09-21 08:15:27 UTC  |  Edited by: xxxTRUSTxxx
Lucas Kell wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

You can disagree all you want, but that's not what you're doing. You're just losing your mind because someone suggested something you don't like. You've not yet explained why removing yourself from a wardec isn't a solution to an unwanted wardec. And yes, you are a troll. Read your comments back objectively.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
That's the great thing about this advice, I don't need the full facts. The OP can take the advice, see how it would apply to his personal situation then decide if it's a viable solution. Even better, someone else with the same question can look in here, see that same bit of advice and see if they can apply it to themselves. It wouldn't be much good if when someone asked for help all the replies were "check pm". The great thing about an open forum is it allows people not involved in the conversation to reference the material.

lucas you just don't see that this being generic advice makes it dangerous, what if everyone took this advice and dropped corp in high sec, even if half did it there would be a huge price to pay, why can you not see this? less corps to dec makes those who dec bored and unsub, that's why i have a problem with your meh attitude towards it, just drop corp. it's his only option when it's not.

It's funny that the OP hasn't returned to this thread but once, and if he has on his main he's not really showing anyone that this was anything more than him venting.

I just think it's careless to dish out generic advice on some issues in the game, war decs being one of them.
i did contact him by mail,,, he has not replied.

maybe he's not playing the last few days,, or maybe he doesn't really care. we'll see.

so yes i disagree with your advice on this but i'm in a rage over it. hahahahahahaha lucas please. you've a very short memory.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#74 - 2016-09-21 08:34:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

lucas you just don't see that this being generic advice makes it dangerous, what if everyone took this advice and dropped corp in high sec, even if half did it there would be a huge price to pay, why can you not see this? less corps to dec makes those who dec bored and unsub, that's why i have a problem with your meh attitude towards it, just drop corp. it's his only option when it's not.

It's funny that the OP hasn't returned to this thread but once, and if he has on his main he's not really showing anyone that this was anything more than him venting.

I just think it's careless to dish out generic advice on some issues in the game, war decs being one of them.
i did contact him by mail,,, he has not replied.

maybe he's not playing the last few days,, or maybe he doesn't really care. we'll see.

so yes i disagree with your advice on this but i'm in a rage over it. hahahahahahaha lucas please. you've a very short memory.

You are upset, but your issue here is that you are blaming people for not standing up and fighting, what have they got to fight for, what benefit do they have for fighting, what are they doing in hisec in the first place. In any case if you look at the killboards of blanket war deckers you will find the majority of kills are on the stupid people in 0.0 alliances. What you are worried about has already happened. There is very little worth war decking left in hisec. And many people would be quite happy to see war deckers like the blanket ones get bored and de-sub, having said that I have noticed quite a few war dec characters have gone to lowsec and 0.0. Which is a good thing...

EDIT Go and look at VMG's killboard, its a good example, and then look at Jennifer en Marland kicking ass in a Daredevil, great stuff.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#75 - 2016-09-21 08:42:46 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

You are upset, but your issue here is that you are blaming people for not standing up and fighting, what have they got to fight for, what benefit do they have for fighting, what are they doing in hisec in the first place. In any case if you look at the killboards of blanket war deckers you will find the majority of kills are on the stupid people in 0.0 alliances. What you are worried about has already happened. There is very little worth war decking left in hisec. And many people would be quite happy to see war deckers like the blanket ones get bored and de-sub, having said that I have noticed quite a few war dec characters have gone to lowsec and 0.0. Which is a good thing...

EDIT Go and look at VMG's killboard, its a good example, and then look at Jennifer en Marland kicking ass in a Daredevil, great stuff.

We did warn CCP that taking away mercs ability to target would result in them blanket decing just get get content.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#76 - 2016-09-21 08:46:21 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

We did warn CCP that taking away mercs ability to target would result in them blanket decing just get get content.

That happened before the watch list was removed.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#77 - 2016-09-21 08:48:10 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

Only with the station camper organisations, now its everyone because they have no other option.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#78 - 2016-09-21 08:53:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Dracvlad wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

but it became the modus operandi overnight whereas previously it was (and still is) a laughably lazy tactic that only a handfull practiced at a time

we have been over and over and over this with you Ad nauseam
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#79 - 2016-09-21 09:26:55 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
lucas you just don't see that this being generic advice makes it dangerous, what if everyone took this advice and dropped corp in high sec
That would be a glorious day. There is no point in having a highsec corp unless you need to hold assets, use as 1 man corps to avoid tax for mission character, want to actively participate in wars or to use as a shell corp (like red-frog). The vast majority of highsec players in corps would be better off dropping corp and operating from an NPC corp. If enough people actually did that CCP might get around to actually fixing highsec corps so they are remotely useful.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
less corps to dec makes those who dec bored and unsub
Good. Those players simply farming easy kills aren't what I consider an important part of the community.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
just drop corp. it's his only option when it's not.
At no point did I say it's the only option, it's just the best option 99% of the time.

xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
but i'm in a rage over it.
Indeed you are.

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#80 - 2016-09-21 09:37:02 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

but it became the modus operandi overnight whereas previously it was (and still is) a laughably lazy tactic that only a handfull practiced at a time

we have been over and over and over this with you Ad nauseam

Yes we have a different opinion, I was keeping a close eye on war dec entities for some time, and I noticed that there was more people doing hub and pipe camping. The change to pipe and hub camping was largely occuring because there was less people operating in a noob way in hisec and also due to the push by certain war dec entities to be the biggest in hisec, in which having lots of targets is the key part to keep their players occupied.

That some players like yourself stopped hunnting and killing after the watch list changes is understandable, but the shift was already in place.

You were a merc focussed on your war decs, I was analysing killboards of the major war deccers and watching them operating, I know what I saw.