These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

War dec recurrence

Author
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#41 - 2016-09-20 15:26:14 UTC
Ava Kurvora wrote:
One other thing I forgot to add. If you need to sell stuff, set up an alt. It can even be on the same account. You just need the alt to be able to fly a basic T1 industrial, so not much training is required.

Contract whatever you want to sell to your alt (keep the alt in an NPC corp,) than have the alt sell stuff at a hub. You still get access to the market, wardeccers get nothing. There is no point in trying to fight a wardecer; you'll just feed their killboards and lose isk.

Actually, this isn't the best option. The problem with this approach is that you lose the advantages of standings on station tax and the low skilled alt might not have the best trading skills.

Instead, take advantage of the jump clone mechanics. Train infomorph psychology up. Stick a jump clone in the trade hub. Use the neutral alt to haul, trade or contract the items back to your main, jump clone to the trade hub and get the best of both worlds. Add in training info morph synch to level 4. This means you could play on your main almost all night, jump to the trade hub for your last but of play, sell stuff and go to sleep. After you wake up, deal with work/school/dinner, you can jump back and still have the evening to play wherever on your main character.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#42 - 2016-09-20 16:58:31 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

But I never said just drop corp, you did, I asked a couple of questions and if they were met then suggested he drop corp.

well did you pm the guy and try help him?
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#43 - 2016-09-20 17:20:27 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
get over what? lucas maybe you should read these posts on here at least twice before you respond.
You should probably take your own advice. I simply suggested he avoid the wardec if he doesn't want to get involved in fighting them, you then acted like that was a bad option, like his only option should be fighting back. At no point did I stated PvP is restriected to shooting each other, that's why I used the phrase "PvP combat" to make it completely clear that I was talking about just one aspect of PvP.

Now quit raging out because people give completely valid advice you don't agree with.

OP, drop corp and enjoy the freedom from wardecs. NPC corps are the way to go for most highsec players.

I'm going to bet you didn't even talk to the OP in private.

without knowing the full facts you offer your shortcut to thinking.

that's what's wrong with your advice but you don't get that.
Keno Skir
#44 - 2016-09-20 17:23:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
Black Pedro wrote:
Your options include fighting back, finding allies, negotiation, or just vigilance and going about your business.

You are not entitled to do whatever you want in isolation from the other players in this competitive sandbox game.

I think i'm slowly beginning to like you Mr Pedro

-.-

Lucas Kell wrote:
I forgot that if you don't get involved in PvP combat you're playing the sandbox wrong.

Everybody makes mistakes mate, you'll know better next time.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#45 - 2016-09-20 17:26:03 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Ava Kurvora wrote:
One other thing I forgot to add. If you need to sell stuff, set up an alt. It can even be on the same account. You just need the alt to be able to fly a basic T1 industrial, so not much training is required.

Contract whatever you want to sell to your alt (keep the alt in an NPC corp,) than have the alt sell stuff at a hub. You still get access to the market, wardeccers get nothing. There is no point in trying to fight a wardecer; you'll just feed their killboards and lose isk.

Actually, this isn't the best option. The problem with this approach is that you lose the advantages of standings on station tax and the low skilled alt might not have the best trading skills.

Instead, take advantage of the jump clone mechanics. Train infomorph psychology up. Stick a jump clone in the trade hub. Use the neutral alt to haul, trade or contract the items back to your main, jump clone to the trade hub and get the best of both worlds. Add in training info morph synch to level 4. This means you could play on your main almost all night, jump to the trade hub for your last but of play, sell stuff and go to sleep. After you wake up, deal with work/school/dinner, you can jump back and still have the evening to play wherever on your main character.

I never bothered with any of that,
whenever we had a war with any of the hub humpers I found our hub bookmarks were more than sufficient.

Correctly setup docking/undocking bookmarks combined with knowing which out gates are clear was adequate to get in and out without a scratch.
Obviously this is with quickly aligning things.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#46 - 2016-09-20 18:36:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

But I never said just drop corp, you did, I asked a couple of questions and if they were met then suggested he drop corp.

well did you pm the guy and try help him?

Well first of all the OP was making a point post , where he was complaining of the lack of engagement and point of the war dec, which is why I asked him for some information on who did the war dec, if they had lost an expensive ship or continued to bleed losses. If the OP wants to have advice then he is quite welcome to PM me.

If it is a blanket war dec entity it is quite possible to do a lot of stuff in game as long as you are careful, such as avoid the pipes, avoid the market hubs and avoid the main mission hubs, which is why people like me have multiple locations to run missions, but they bore me to death. Mining is very possible, you just pick a system out the way, then pick asteroid belts that are far away from the gates etc. and the various things that people advise people to do against gankers. I have more specific tactics and strategies.

Fighting a blanket war dec entity is just a pain, however you can pick them off, I was setup to go after a Legion which was camping Amarr station, I had watched him for a while and was going to kill him but someone beat me too it. In truth if it is a blanket war dec entity the best way to approach it is to do the reverse of what they do, they pick you for a hopeful war dec hoping you will wander into a gate camp, so the best strategy with them is to return the compliment by dropping corp and recreating a corp etc. Because blanket war deckers deserve that type of reply back, they war dec for max targets and unfocused war so dish back the same sort of shite in their direction. Blanket war deckers deserved to have people roll corps on them.

If it is a more local war dec then they can be fun to fight, and it is really up to the person concerned, it was quite early on that my corp got war decked by a solo war decker and he lost a lot more then we did, he was helped by an imbecile moving his Hulk with all his stuff in it, sigh, but after that my lads did me proud, I was on holiday. After that I only had war decs from blanket war deckers which most of my lads just cannot be bothered with.

So small real war decs can be great fun, but blanket war deckers with GTFO pipe hunters are just so meh!

So there you go.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#47 - 2016-09-20 18:45:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Hmmmm the op was three sentences, two of them being direct, clear and concise questions.
Dino where you got all that from drac , you making **** up?
I think you might be.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#48 - 2016-09-20 18:50:57 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Hmmmm the op was three sentences, two of them being direct, clear and concise questions.
I think you might be.

This

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#49 - 2016-09-20 18:57:08 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
I think you might be.

This

Fair enough, you win this time .... But I'll be back for you, and your little dog too
YeeeeeAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
*POOF*
Lugh Crow-Slave
#50 - 2016-09-20 18:57:50 UTC
Hilti Enaka wrote:

i do not see how the mechanic creates engagement. It just serves the purpose for easy kills.

are you saying you can kill someone w/o some form of engagement? if so i would love to know the method
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#51 - 2016-09-20 18:58:16 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

only option is to drop corp.

The "only option"

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Lugh Crow-Slave
#52 - 2016-09-20 19:02:32 UTC
don't toss his words back at him that's not fair
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#53 - 2016-09-20 19:16:16 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Hilti Enaka wrote:

i do not see how the mechanic creates engagement. It just serves the purpose for easy kills.

are you saying you can kill someone w/o some form of engagement? if so i would love to know the method

I know of a few goons back in the day that managed to self destruct their battleships while camping a station.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#54 - 2016-09-20 19:23:58 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
don't toss his words back at him that's not fair
What if it's for the greater good?

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#55 - 2016-09-20 20:09:57 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

only option is to drop corp.

The "only option"

This

radkid10
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2016-09-21 03:31:30 UTC
Hilti Enaka wrote:
How long does this go on for?

I am under constant war dec on one of my mains and wondered if there is actually a cool off period?

If not this is exactly my point towards war decs being a lost mechanic.

learn how to fight and stop crying about it

even if you do not like player-versus-player sometimes you have to kick somebody's ass at least once for them to leave you alone

look at yourself and see what you have done it might have pissed somebody off do you strip mine a whole entire solar system every day or are you trying to control the local market somebody else there might not like that or do you brag about your earnings too much or you talk out of your ass too much or you **** somebody off in your previous Corporation or there's somebody in your corporation is Infamous for pissing people off it's rare for somebody to declare war against you for no reason at all
Lugh Crow-Slave
#57 - 2016-09-21 03:34:36 UTC
radkid10 wrote:
if you do not like player-versus-player don't play eve

fixed that for you

remember pvp is not just pew pew
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#58 - 2016-09-21 07:19:11 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

I don;t need to speak to him in private, I was offering an alternative solution that he may more may not accept. It's up to him to decide if that how he wants to play and it's us to posters in a thread asking for assistance to ensure all the options are on the table for him to make a reasoned choice. That you don't like one of the options is irrelevant.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#59 - 2016-09-21 07:20:44 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

If the OP wants to have advice then he is quite welcome to PM me.

so your answer is no, you did not contact him in private.

can you not just answer a feckin question without going into a rant.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#60 - 2016-09-21 07:25:00 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

I don;t need to speak to him in private, I was offering an alternative solution that he may more may not accept. It's up to him to decide if that how he wants to play and it's us to posters in a thread asking for assistance to ensure all the options are on the table for him to make a reasoned choice. That you don't like one of the options is irrelevant.

so no you didn't contact him neither. so you know feck all about his true situation. but,, you're willing to dish out that advice like you know the score.. lol when you don't.

way to go lucas Roll