These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

AFK: The State of Highsec Mining and the Effect of Upcoming Changes

Author
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#141 - 2016-09-01 02:46:42 UTC
When I was mining I enjoyed having Code around because it made the game more interesting. And I give them credit for getting players out of Macks which was by far the AFK'r ship of choice.

That said, with today's current player count I don't think CCP should do anything that gives a segment of Eve reason to quit and I think swinging the balance in favor of gankers would do that.

Instead, I think CCP should create new gameplay options. Keep the current mining mechanism, but create a higher payout mechanism for those players willing to pay more attention and assume more risk. For example, I think CCP should have kept the current Orca mining boost mechanism in place, but pay out less than the new Orca mining boost mechanism.

Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#142 - 2016-09-01 03:17:14 UTC
Won't be too bad I reckon. Orcas can pre-align and are tech I so the insurance payout isn't bad either.

Did you know my Orca has more tank than a freighter? #TrueStoryBro.
It'll cost a pretty penny to gank and the lootdrop will be a can of ore and some T2 mods.

I'm thinking an Orca in highsec will still be pretty much in the clear; you can burstboost just before you cart everything off to station, warp back and get boosts back up in a minute or so. It'll work.
Lawrence Lawton
The Lawton School for Pubbies Who Can't Mine Good
Novus Ordo.
#143 - 2016-09-01 03:58:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Lawrence Lawton
Serene Repose wrote:
Lawrence Lawton wrote:
Piugattuk wrote:
Kei Nagasai wrote:
The answer to the AFK mining "problem" is simple, why dont "muh code" chase after CCP to change the way mining works at a base level? So it requires more than just activating a strip miner?
Oh wait, no, that wouldn't do now, would it? It's to much like common sense.

This fixation with mining, seriously it infests every gaming world you go to, people just hate miners for some reason in their obsessive compulsive disorders they fixate upon a single group then can't let it go, the obsession goes deep, who are these crazed people and why are they so deep in the gaming world?

I play, I do my thing, I'm not worried about group A, or what B does to earn income or how they play, I simply have no interest in worrying about those players...I just don't get why....nothing more to say, trying to reason with crazy is crazy.

Miners rub people the wrong way. it's something about their desire to be so neutral and uninvolved and passive. Curse those neutrals and their infernal neutrality.

What's this "people"? You got a friend in your pocket?

This as all CODE posts is the equivalent of a sales pitch. They want to sell their "permits". They should be in the right forum section. Otherwise, the internet once again groans under the weight of yet another, cliche, lose hi sec/play low sec/null sec...uh...null sec...uh diatribe. Maybe diatribe has more syllables than these discussions merit. Stop with the BS. Let's argue about the 12-year olds coming in with the F2P. Pretty soon the forum will be filled with BACON.

I can't wait.

If you don't have anything nice to say....
The purpose of this thread is to discuss game changes, not to be a negative Nancy. It's true that the New Order is an amazing organization that has had a profound influence on life in Highsec, but save your praise for another thread.
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#144 - 2016-09-01 04:11:32 UTC
Lawrence Lawton wrote:
It's true that the New Order is an amazing organization that has had a profound influence on life in Highsec...

... Shocked ... i mean... seriously? can you even be serious while writing that?
do you seriously believe that? Shocked

ahahahahhahahahhah
LolLolLolLolLolLol

Lawrence Lawton
Novus Ordo.
#145 - 2016-09-01 04:29:49 UTC
Soel Reit wrote:
Lawrence Lawton wrote:
It's true that the New Order is an amazing organization that has had a profound influence on life in Highsec...

... Shocked ... i mean... seriously? can you even be serious while writing that?

ahahahahhahahahhah
LolLolLolLolLolLol

Please stop going offtopic.
I'm not here to discuss how CODE. is the most relevant alliance in EVE or how CCP's statistics on kills reinforce the supreme relevance of the CODE. alliance.
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#146 - 2016-09-01 04:39:25 UTC
Lawrence Lawton wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:
Lawrence Lawton wrote:

ahahahahhahahahhah
LolLolLolLolLolLol

Please stop going offtopic.
I'm not here to discuss how CODE. is the most relevant alliance in EVE or how CCP's statistics on kills reinforce the supreme relevance of the CODE. alliance.

no indeed, just keep linking other threads, not talking about it AT ALL LolLolLolLol
Khan Tzestu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#147 - 2016-09-01 04:49:25 UTC
Hmmm. First off I think code pilots are some of the worst pvp pilots in eve. They are very proud of their mass amounts of kills but they are because they only attack the weakest of the weak. They are like kids that play a game on God mode and then brag about beating said game. On the other side you got pilots that make it the end all be all as in how much isk they are bringing in. Isk isn't a high score, it's a means to an end. Now if you want to stop code and others set up patrols, hunt them. What gives them power is the nothingness miners do towards getting rid of threats. I'm betting they will leave systems alone that are known to shoot all code on sight. Sadly I don't think many got it in them as mining for max profit is more important than making their areas of operation safer.
Solecist Project
#148 - 2016-09-01 06:47:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
wrong thread.

Edit: my edit was too fast. -.-

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Solecist Project
#149 - 2016-09-01 07:05:52 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:
When I was mining I enjoyed having Code around because it made the game more interesting. And I give them credit for getting players out of Macks which was by far the AFK'r ship of choice.

That said, with today's current player count I don't think CCP should do anything that gives a segment of Eve reason to quit and I think swinging the balance in favor of gankers would do that.

Instead, I think CCP should create new gameplay options. Keep the current mining mechanism, but create a higher payout mechanism for those players willing to pay more attention and assume more risk. For example, I think CCP should have kept the current Orca mining boost mechanism in place, but pay out less than the new Orca mining boost mechanism.

This isn't how things work.

CCP isn't giving payouts to anyone, it's market driven.

Anything CCP does that makes mining seemingly more lucrative ...
... aka higher yield per minute ...
... inevitably leads to higher prices of everything mineral-built.

In the end it balances itself out after prices adapted ...
... and the value of your isk stays exactky the same, despite being a higher number.

And higher risk... well ... if people taught miners how to play properly ...
... then there would be no risk at all. And no, tank is the worst of all options.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#150 - 2016-09-01 08:31:17 UTC
Caco De'mon wrote:
\o/. . . James be praised . . . \o/

fixed ya lols for ya Roll

lol. . . James be praised . . . lol
Lawrence Lawton
Novus Ordo.
#151 - 2016-09-01 09:37:49 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Caco De'mon wrote:

No, those were emoticons of joy. Don't be a joykill.
Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#152 - 2016-09-01 09:41:20 UTC
Hey codies! Good news- you can all unsub! Free bumper alts! Free warp-ins! Free Free Freeeee!

Think I'm gonna get an Alpha clone in CODE as well- this is gonna be fun. Free ships blowing up other Free ships all for zero dollars, gratis, whiiiiieee!

X-ing up for fleet invite pls.
Serene Repose
#153 - 2016-09-01 09:50:25 UTC
I have a friend in CODE. Before he met them, he stared at yellow blinking lights. Yay!

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Solecist Project
#154 - 2016-09-01 10:13:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Lawrence Lawton wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Caco De'mon wrote:

No, those were emoticons of joy. Don't be a joykill.

Let yourself get helped by someone who is a much better talker than you: Me.

You're too artificial. It's all over the OP and you keep writing that way.

Of course you want to come across as someone who wants to be taken seriously ...
... but that will be un-achievable as long as you spread the propaganda nonsense.

No one believes the bullshit and I seriously hope you don't believe it either.

No one. It rather makes you look like you have no ******* clue ...
... and are a victim of said propaganda.

So please stop involuntarily mocking yourself and act like a normal person.

And yes, you do that.

Thanks! :)

Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#155 - 2016-09-01 10:42:52 UTC
^^^ What she said.

Drop the hurfblurf and I'm actually in favour of CODE. But for the love of BoB, stop the pretence. Now go and blow up something - godspeed!
Solecist Project
#156 - 2016-09-01 11:17:23 UTC
Brokk Witgenstein wrote:
^^^ What she said.

Drop the hurfblurf and I'm actually in favour of CODE. But for the love of BoB, stop the pretence. Now go and blow up something - godspeed!

I would gladly offer me as spokesperson and have even someone trustworthy who would vouch for me ...
... but well, too bad.

There is a huge amount of potential wasted and it bothers me a lot.

Max Fubarticus
K Diamond Holding LTD.
Bullets Bombs and Blondes
#157 - 2016-09-01 11:18:37 UTC
topic retread

IB4TL

Civil discourse is uniquely human. After all, when is the last time a pride of lions and a herd of water buffalo negotiated SOV over a watering hole? Never. Someone either gets their ass kicked or eaten. At the end of the day someone holds SOV.