These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

CCP: 5 years ahead??

Author
Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#21 - 2016-08-19 08:49:58 UTC
If EVE Online ever really dies, and CCP doesn't immediately follow up with the launch of EVE Online 2 I am probably going to just be done with gaming lol. This game spoils you...there is nothing remotely like it and nothing will ever live up to it. I NEED this game in my life...I NEED IT!
Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#22 - 2016-08-19 08:57:08 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
If EVE Online ever really dies, and CCP doesn't immediately follow up with the launch of EVE Online 2 I am probably going to just be done with gaming lol. This game spoils you...there is nothing remotely like it and nothing will ever live up to it. I NEED this game in my life...I NEED IT!

CCP: Says who?
Players : All of them
CCP: who's all of them
Players: Your fans
CCP: who's fan?
Players: Yours

(Pause)

o.0
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#23 - 2016-08-19 09:18:53 UTC
It's important to remember that CCP is a business. The people who work there expect a paycheck and those paychecks are provided by subscription fees and other stuff we buy from CCP with real money. Eve will continue as long as it is profitable. The biggest problem CCP seems to have is new player retention - if they solve that, I believe the game will still be going strong in 5 years. MMO may be a shrinking market but there are still a lot of people on the planet who enjoy this genre and CCP only needs to attract a small fraction of them to keep the game profitable.

I don't expect to see many large transformative features intended to grow the game - those investments should go to new products set in the Eve universe. Eve will get a smaller slice of the development pie aimed at sustaining the game.

Those who still dream of walking in stations need to realize that this is never was part of the Eve value proposition - it was a massive development effort that added nothing to core gameplay so CCP came to their senses and scraped it. Citadels do not have a Captains' quarters and Citadels will eventually replace Outposts and Stations. RIP WIS.
William Legrand-Marx
Nemesis Ad Astra
#24 - 2016-08-19 10:33:08 UTC
Goatman NotMyFault wrote:
CCP: Where do you see EVE in 5 years time? Will it be desolate as many predict or do CCP make a magical move where EVE is revived??

DEV team, the conceptual at least should change. In best case, all DEVs directly related to EVE concept life and creation who do not generate anything new and break through with new cutting edge ideas but are in the team for a long time are just free riders on the results of their old exploits which will eventually lead CCP to its end due to creative stagnation, which is promoted by a lot of biases inherent to a group with strong long-term ties to one another. No matter how harsh it sounds but all ineffective devs be it conceptually or creatively shoould go no matter how harsh it sounds, new heads are needed because new needs exist.

There is nothing worthy in this world even if others think it is worth something...

Serene Repose
#25 - 2016-08-19 10:42:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
VR compatible - you take off the headset to find someone's emptied your apartment, including taking the fridge and its meager contents (an empty bottle of mustard and several soy sauce packets). But, you don't care, cause you just trained Mergers and Acquisitions to XII. "On to the arbitrage!" your neighbors hear you shout.

In five years I'll be pushing up daisies. SO, what CCP will be doing will be of little to no interest to me.
(No offense, CCP, I have better people to haunt...though maybe none so deserving....)

All of these assumptions so far also assume Western Civ will still exist, and if it does will still have electricity. Of course, we know Iceland will, since they can always harness those volcanoes. SO, that must mean everyone will have moved to Iceland to play EVE and increased it's population to such a degree IT starts sinking into the ocean along with Hawaii
and Florida.

Five years stuck on my eyes. Five years. What a surprise!
Five years, my brain hurts a lot. Five years? That's all we've got!

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Solecist Project
#26 - 2016-08-19 11:07:24 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
In five years I'll be pushing up daisies. SO, what CCP will be doing will be of little to no interest to me.

Holy **** you're going to die??? Shocked

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#27 - 2016-08-19 11:10:33 UTC
Xindi Kraid
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#28 - 2016-08-19 11:34:45 UTC
Will it be desolate as many predict

They've been saying EvE is dying for more than 5 years now.
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
#29 - 2016-08-19 11:42:48 UTC
Xindi Kraid wrote:

They said so for 5 years ago, still saying it... and the decline of players slowly supports that... but EVE aint dead, just termnally ill.
Dethahal Khardula
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2016-08-19 15:12:49 UTC
well, eve could be made opensource, would be rather fun with all those hackers and stuff..
Crystalline Entity
Black Dragon PHP
Brave Collective
#31 - 2016-08-19 17:27:31 UTC
I predict more ship skins!

I also predict VR going down like a lead balloon with most EVE players. Yes, a few will embrace it but the majority will go....'meh'
TackyTachy1
Doomheim
#32 - 2016-08-27 02:46:57 UTC
Serene Repose are you that old? I'm up there pretty good but I'm figuring on maybe another fifteen years, still functional for about ten but you never know.

Five years is too narrow a window, think about twenty (I'll probably not be here) but if somebody comes up with a life-span expansion pill then what I'd like to see is still the lawless sandbox populated by the descendants of the feral bunch we have now. The difference will be the UI, something like a hardware cockpit that can be purchased for a grand or five. The price is not excessive, I could buy a small car with the money I spent building the three high end computers that make my alts hump. Think something like all the gear many of us used in Microsoft's flight sims, but with VR somehow fed into the wraparound, curved monitors/screens with throttles, weapons, all that handy and arranged in a super cool fashion.

And hey, you never know: Remember that book, or was it a movie? The one where a space game was actually real, and training the earth people to fight the aliens when they arrived? Might be they're working on the final gate now, and life is slated to become very interesting.

Forum Rep for a bunch of characters, couple corps and one seriously Lost In Space multiboxer.

Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#33 - 2016-08-27 03:23:01 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:

Holy **** you're going to die??? Shocked

Well, when he quit (but didn't really) the last time, there was a reference to failing health:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5645036#post5645036

We are all dying, but not good for anyone to have health issues and I wish Serene all the best of health.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Solecist Project
#34 - 2016-08-27 08:19:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Shallanna Yassavi wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Gold ammo and pay to win everywhere.

And an active population of about 100 people with 10000 alts each.

And the forums will finally be dead.

And there's that other thing to monetize.

They may have taken Hek ...
... but they will never take OUR FOOOOORUUUUUUUUMMMMMMSSSSSS!!!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2016-08-27 20:40:15 UTC
For all those not satisfied with the state of affairs ... BE the change you want to see perhaps?
Solecist Project
#36 - 2016-08-27 23:29:30 UTC
Brokk Witgenstein wrote:
For all those not satisfied with the state of affairs ... BE the change you want to see perhaps?

Hahahahahaha that's a good one!

Titus Cole Dooley
Fuel Blocks for Dante
#37 - 2016-08-28 11:30:24 UTC
Maybe the Drake will be good again in 5 years... one can only hope.
Tara Read
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#38 - 2016-08-28 11:30:55 UTC
CCP: Where do you see EVE in 5 years time? Will it be desolate as many predict or do CCP make a magical move where EVE is revived??

Can you make a magical move yourself and disappear off this forum? Eve has been "dying" for over a decade now.
Aurelius Oshidashi
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2016-08-29 16:19:11 UTC
I sure hope CCP will continue to improve this awesome game. In the long run I hope they will launch more games that are all connected to each other, like the shooter they are working on. I mostly play Eve cause of how deep the game is, the danger involved with flying your ship, the endless customisation options and the player run economy. Connecting that to a shooter and other games sounds like much fun to me.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#40 - 2016-08-29 22:15:42 UTC
Xindi Kraid wrote:

They said so for 5 years ago, still saying it... and the decline of players slowly supports that... but EVE aint dead, just termnally ill.

the decline in users, could be chalked up to alot of things. The thing to actually look at is currently eve seems stable. Not really shrinking but not really growing

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Previous page123Next page