These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

We want to help ccp bring more players into eve!

First post
Author
ImYourMom
Retribution Holdings Corp
Retribution.
#221 - 2016-08-19 08:25:26 UTC
Ban scamming full stop
Allow players to play their game not someone else's
More npc systems and more npc nullsec

Make missions more immersive and exciting they are soooo oo boring
Allow cockpit view
Risk vs reward is shocking bad. I can do a level 4 mission get a few measly million isk. I have to do 16 of these borinf things to get a tiny fraction of a faction standing increase. I was interested in FW but the time it will.take me to grind up standings wasn't worth it.

And the big one MAKE ANOTHER INSTANCE TO GIVE PLAYERS THE SAME OPPORTUNITIES THAN VETS. Yeso that's right eve is owned by all the vet players basically, moons Sov everything. Time to let others have some too. And please don't shout go fight for it BS. Every other mmo has more instances there is a reason for it.

Why isn't eve advertised? I haven't seen one TV ad ever .
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#222 - 2016-08-19 08:30:58 UTC
ImYourMom wrote:
Ban scamming full stop
Allow players to play their game not someone else's

They already don't have to play someone else's scam. It's totally voluntary.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#223 - 2016-08-19 09:13:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Yokai Mitsuhide
Natural CloneKiller wrote:
How can we as the community help ccp bring more players into the game?

Post your ideas here. Be direct so ccp can clearly see your ideas.

N



Mining. Exhumers came out in 2005 CCP....2005! How the hell is there still nothing for miners to train for beyond exhumers? And before anyone says "blah blah Orca Roqual blah blah" those are not mining ships. I first signed up to EVE because I wanted to mine...2 months later you're at the end game for actually mining. I don't want to fly capital industrial ships, I don't want to downgrade to mining frigates...I want more lines of mining ships. Bigger...better...like combat ships. Instead you just keep re balancing the same small handful of ships constantly. I have no interest in other aspects of industry and I am sure plenty of other miners don't either...so what is there to do after you train up Exhumers? Nothing. Seems like a good way to bring in more people and bring some people back to start showing some much needed love to the supposed "backbone" of EVE. Nothing gets built if miners don't mine and now it's mostly a profession for bots which can drive new players away too when you see blatant bot mining going on all the time.
I'd just really love to see more mining ships, maybe new mining mechanics...certain ores/asteriods/gases/ice that can't be mined by the same ships. Variety.

And more PVE...or an overhaul to PVE in general like missioning. Been doing the same handful of missions for years. Need more variants...more than the basic 4 levels of missions? Make missions that require small fleets for corps to do together...doing level 4's with multiple people is boring. I know incursions are a thing but they are not that appealing to a lot of people especially when you try to join a fleet to do one and the community that does them regularly are a bunch of jerks who tell you to go to hell if you don't already know exactly what you're supposed to be doing and doing it perfectly.

I know the game is based around PVP, but even the pvpers do ratting...kill NPC's, mining to make money. I just think a much stronger PVE element would draw in more people.

And more lore based events.

Ways to fix your standings with other empires.

More character customization. I loved the original character portraits...they had a real sci fi feel to them. Now it's boring modern military style clothing and we all look the same.


ImYourMom wrote:


And the big one MAKE ANOTHER INSTANCE TO GIVE PLAYERS THE SAME OPPORTUNITIES THAN VETS. Yeso that's right eve is owned by all the vet players basically, moons Sov everything. Time to let others have some too. And please don't shout go fight for it BS. Every other mmo has more instances there is a reason for it.




Awful idea...EVE is one universe, it should stay one universe. Instances work in other games...but other games are not EVE Online. Hell I'd love it if we could just bring the Chinese over here too...all of us on the same server. Instances have no place in this game.
Solecist Project
#224 - 2016-08-19 09:17:53 UTC

No one is mentioning the fact that IZ is back ...
... and even has threads in F&I, which are of the usual quality.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Tristan Agion
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#225 - 2016-08-19 09:26:22 UTC
Viktor Amarr wrote:
In fact, PVE in EVE was literally an after thought. ... The AI, quality of the missions etc etc is crap because it never was CCP's goal to make it good, because PVE wasn't a focus at all.

Adapt or die, CCP, adapt or die.
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#226 - 2016-08-19 09:38:20 UTC
Viktor Amarr wrote:
EVE is a PVP game through and through, there are very little activities within EVE that are pure PVE. Having PVE doesn't somehow prove that this game isn't about PVP.

In fact, PVE in EVE was literally an after thought. This is easily proven by how ****** the NPC are and how even more ****** and terrible they were for the first decade of the game. CCP went "oh crap uhm PVE you say... we'll just sprinkle in some NPC with basic AI and it'll be done, who cares" kind of way. The AI, quality of the missions etc etc is crap because it never was CCP's goal to make it good, because PVE wasn't a focus at all.

This all doesn't mean you can't do or aren't allowed to do PVE. You can focus on PVE just fine and perhaps even get away with it but stating that EVE is a PVE game is akin to putting your fingers in your ears and going "LALALA I can't HEAR you!". Reality doesn't go away if you close your eyes and wish it to vanish.



Oh look another one utterly and completely ignoring the op and jumping on the bandwagon with other regulars turning this into another threadnaught about pvp vs pve.....which wasn't the point of the thread.

So we have some trying to come up with suggestions about getting and keeping players in the game, and others intent on derailing the thread and getting it locked....way to go :/

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

ImYourMom
Retribution Holdings Corp
Retribution.
#227 - 2016-08-19 09:53:35 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Natural CloneKiller wrote:
How can we as the community help ccp bring more players into the game?

Post your ideas here. Be direct so ccp can clearly see your ideas.

N



Mining. Exhumers came out in 2005 CCP....2005! How the hell is there still nothing for miners to train for beyond exhumers? And before anyone says "blah blah Orca Roqual blah blah" those are not mining ships. I first signed up to EVE because I wanted to mine...2 months later you're at the end game for actually mining. I don't want to fly capital industrial ships, I don't want to downgrade to mining frigates...I want more lines of mining ships. Bigger...better...like combat ships. Instead you just keep re balancing the same small handful of ships constantly. I have no interest in other aspects of industry and I am sure plenty of other miners don't either...so what is there to do after you train up Exhumers? Nothing. Seems like a good way to bring in more people and bring some people back to start showing some much needed love to the supposed "backbone" of EVE. Nothing gets built if miners don't mine and now it's mostly a profession for bots which can drive new players away too when you see blatant bot mining going on all the time.
I'd just really love to see more mining ships, maybe new mining mechanics...certain ores/asteriods/gases/ice that can't be mined by the same ships. Variety.

And more PVE...or an overhaul to PVE in general like missioning. Been doing the same handful of missions for years. Need more variants...more than the basic 4 levels of missions? Make missions that require small fleets for corps to do together...doing level 4's with multiple people is boring. I know incursions are a thing but they are not that appealing to a lot of people especially when you try to join a fleet to do one and the community that does them regularly are a bunch of jerks who tell you to go to hell if you don't already know exactly what you're supposed to be doing and doing it perfectly.

I know the game is based around PVP, but even the pvpers do ratting...kill NPC's, mining to make money. I just think a much stronger PVE element would draw in more people.

And more lore based events.

Ways to fix your standings with other empires.

More character customization. I loved the original character portraits...they had a real sci fi feel to them. Now it's boring modern military style clothing and we all look the same.


ImYourMom wrote:


And the big one MAKE ANOTHER INSTANCE TO GIVE PLAYERS THE SAME OPPORTUNITIES THAN VETS. Yeso that's right eve is owned by all the vet players basically, moons Sov everything. Time to let others have some too. And please don't shout go fight for it BS. Every other mmo has more instances there is a reason for it.




Awful idea...EVE is one universe, it should stay one universe. Instances work in other games...but other games are not EVE Online. Hell I'd love it if we could just bring the Chinese over here too...all of us on the same server. Instances have no place in this game.



That's why eve will die by idiots like you who just won't get your dumb heads out of the sand. Hey ho. I forget eve is 'special' jesus what a ridiculously narrow minded thing to say. I mean hey eve has million of players right? It's kept in growing through the years right? I mean we are keeping new players subbing right? That's right eve is special it's obviously doing something right.. oh wait...
William Legrand-Marx
Nemesis Ad Astra
RUST415
#228 - 2016-08-19 10:29:37 UTC
Natural CloneKiller wrote:
How can we as the community help ccp bring more players into the game?

Post your ideas here. Be direct so ccp can clearly see your ideas.

N



Hire new DEVS in areas which require creativity and new ideas. Old artists will keep their old game, afraid of something new, slowly losing their base until it comes to an end. While an accountant can work for a company for ever, a lead designer, for example, should be changed unless he or shee brings new breaking ideas to the concept or alters concept by bringing it to the next stage altogether.

What do you think?

I know CCP feels much connection with some DEVs but if DEVs bring nothing new, they should go no matter how well they are integrated within employees because it will be group think bias along all other imaginable biases which leads projects into pitfall. Same for CEO's if thye are unable to generate anything new The concept of EVE haven't changed much since the very beginning, but the player base changed and people ge tired of same.

It is important to remain unique, yet very experimental.

There is nothing worthy in this world even if others think it is worth something...

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#229 - 2016-08-19 10:40:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Serene Repose wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
are you posting new stuff you're writing, or just copy/pasting what you've already posted in a thousand other threads?

It turns out, repeating the same facts over and over is the only legitimate way to counter the misinformation you expatiate being posted over and over, so the question becomes, are you paying attention to it, or dismissing it because it doesn't align with your agenda here?
Because honestly, your question to me could just as easily be asked of you.
I'm so happy you've selected me as your digital nemesis. Am I the only one, or do you manage to find them in all the forums of all the games you play?

Really, one has to admire how you've single-handedly defended EVE and kept it from changing. It must be an awesome, self-appointed responsibility. Between you and Shae, management must be grateful for their pension plans.

Oops. That makes two of you. Cool



Serene, nothing you said here does anything to address my points or even the topic. Say what you want about me, I don't care, but it does nothing to refute, confirm, or otherwise address the arguments put forth. Serene, if all you can post is ad hominem and snarky rhetoric devoid of all intellectual nutrient, then we're left to assume that you have nothing left to argue with.

What you just wrote... it's meaningless. And you keep posting the same sort of rhetoric over and over, never actually addressing the arguments against you, just brushing them off with a character judgement of the person who posted them. Which is fine, you do you, but just to reiterate, what it tells people is that you have no counterpoint to what they're saying.


And Serene, don't try to turn what I've said into "you don't like change". I've never been against change. If that's your interpretation of what I've said, then I suggest you read it again. I love change, change for the better, the right kind of change that fits with the nature and flavour of EVE. I'm against dumbing the game down, more hand-holding, 'easy mode', and pandering to single-issue player bases. I'm for change that makes the game better as a whole. I'm against change that removes content or change that's good for one subset of the player base at the expense of another.

I shouldn't have to say any of that, but as long as you choose to continue being so intellectually dishonest, I guess I'll have to continue spelling out such very simple things.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#230 - 2016-08-19 10:43:49 UTC
ImYourMom wrote:
Ban scamming full stop
Allow players to play their game not someone else's
More npc systems and more npc nullsec

Make missions more immersive and exciting they are soooo oo boring
Allow cockpit view
Risk vs reward is shocking bad. I can do a level 4 mission get a few measly million isk. I have to do 16 of these borinf things to get a tiny fraction of a faction standing increase. I was interested in FW but the time it will.take me to grind up standings wasn't worth it.

And the big one MAKE ANOTHER INSTANCE TO GIVE PLAYERS THE SAME OPPORTUNITIES THAN VETS. Yeso that's right eve is owned by all the vet players basically, moons Sov everything. Time to let others have some too. And please don't shout go fight for it BS. Every other mmo has more instances there is a reason for it.

Why isn't eve advertised? I haven't seen one TV ad ever .


You'd be turning EVE into something it's not, nor ever intended to be. If EVE has to become not EVE anymore to survive, that defeats the purpose of attracting 'more players' on its own merits. They might as well make a whole new game.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Serene Repose
#231 - 2016-08-19 10:55:05 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
are you posting new stuff you're writing, or just copy/pasting what you've already posted in a thousand other threads?

It turns out, repeating the same facts over and over is the only legitimate way to counter the misinformation you expatiate being posted over and over, so the question becomes, are you paying attention to it, or dismissing it because it doesn't align with your agenda here?
Because honestly, your question to me could just as easily be asked of you.
I'm so happy you've selected me as your digital nemesis. Am I the only one, or do you manage to find them in all the forums of all the games you play?

Really, one has to admire how you've single-handedly defended EVE and kept it from changing. It must be an awesome, self-appointed responsibility. Between you and Shae, management must be grateful for their pension plans.

Oops. That makes two of you. Cool



Serene, nothing you said here does anything to address my points or even the topic. Say what you want about me, I don't care, but it does nothing to refute, confirm, or otherwise address the arguments put forth. Serene, if all you can post is ad hominem and snarky rhetoric devoid of all intellectual nutrient, then we're left to assume that you have nothing left to argue with.

What you just wrote... it's meaningless. And you keep posting the same sort of rhetoric over and over, never actually addressing the arguments against you, just brushing them off with a character judgement of the person who posted them. Which is fine, you do you, but just to reiterate, what it tells people is that you have no counterpoint to what they're saying.


And Serene, don't try to turn what I've said into "you don't like change". I've never been against change. If that's your interpretation of what I've said, then I suggest you read it again. I love change, change for the better, the right kind of change that fits with the nature and flavour of EVE. I'm against dumbing the game down, more hand-holding, 'easy mode', and pandering to single-issue player bases. I'm for change that makes the game better as a whole. I'm against change that removes content or change that's good for one subset of the player base at the expense of another.

I shouldn't have to say any of that, but as long as you choose to continue being so intellectually dishonest, I guess I'll have to continue spelling out such very simple things.
The gift that keeps on giving.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#232 - 2016-08-19 10:57:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Serene Repose wrote:
More empty rhetoric


Not empty quoting.

Seriously though, were you planning on addressing anything I've said related to the topic, or are you just going to continue having a stroke at me?

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Solecist Project
#233 - 2016-08-19 11:01:37 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
More empty rhetoric


Not empty quoting.

Seriously though, were you planning on addressing anything I've said related to the topic, or are you just going to continue having a stroke at me?

That's really a common approach.
It kind of saddens me that there's so many who fall for it.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#234 - 2016-08-19 11:02:24 UTC
Cockpit view? Sorry, but please read http://wiki.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?title=Capsule

The view might not be as romantic as you might think, your future carcass is all floating around in pod goo and you're hooked up to a trans neural burning scanner

Blink

@lunettelulu7

Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#235 - 2016-08-19 11:50:54 UTC
By definition the word universe implies there is a rich amount of lore that sets interaction up. In time Eve lore has become less and less signifiant, just a pretext for isk or kill farming. You might say lore is given by players but that sort of lore is most of the time a lesson about game mechanics enticing most of the students to timely spam the dscan, align or f1 buttons.

There's a considerable amount of players who like to roleplay their characters in a given setting and the only alternatives they get in eve is a mischevious "pirate", ruthless merc, greedy vacuum (pve site) cleaner or peaceful afk victim.

There are no surprising achivement to keep players imagination active, only the endless grind of trial and error rewarded with pretty much the same thing. One might chuckle associating the term political corectness to various mechanics available in the game while knowing how arbitray and devoid of meaning the notion is.

Outside of combat pvp encounters, of the consensual kind, there isn't much of the unpredictable element that might keep a player constantly running in anticipation of rare success. The only chanllenge comes from mastering evasive timed actions; not sure how many players consider it an achievemnt and how many only another chore.

The little information hinting at satisfying rewards a new player might discover comes mainly from veteran players biased by their preferences, interests or style of play, while the in game info mentioning fabulous richess translates into common if not vulgar treasures, like sleeper cache libraries for example, that are also the result grind.

With a learning curve and skill queue equivalent in length with a college degree and mastery any new player would and will seriously consider if their time, actively spent in front of the keyboard, is worth investment in a game where survival (because that's what Eve is about right?) means, for most veteran players, a generous stash of plex stored neatly in the safety of an npc station.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Solecist Project
#236 - 2016-08-19 12:47:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Gimme Sake wrote:
By definition the word universe implies there is a rich amount of lore that sets interaction up. In time Eve lore has become less and less signifiant, just a pretext for isk or kill farming. You might say lore is given by players but that sort of lore is most of the time a lesson about game mechanics enticing most of the students to timely spam the dscan, align or f1 buttons.

There's a considerable amount of players who like to roleplay their characters in a given setting and the only alternatives they get in eve is a mischevious "pirate", ruthless merc, greedy vacuum (pve site) cleaner or peaceful afk victim.

There are no surprising achivement to keep players imagination active, only the endless grind of trial and error rewarded with pretty much the same thing. One might chuckle associating the term political corectness to various mechanics available in the game while knowing how arbitray and devoid of meaning the notion is.

Outside of combat pvp encounters, of the consensual kind, there isn't much of the unpredictable element that might keep a player constantly running in anticipation of rare success. The only chanllenge comes from mastering evasive timed actions; not sure how many players consider it an achievemnt and how many only another chore.

The little information hinting at satisfying rewards a new player might discover comes mainly from veteran players biased by their preferences, interests or style of play, while the in game info mentioning fabulous richess translates into common if not vulgar treasures, like sleeper cache libraries for example, that are also the result grind.

With a learning curve and skill queue equivalent in length with a college degree and mastery any new player would and will seriously consider if their time, actively spent in front of the keyboard, is worth investment in a game where survival (because that's what Eve is about right?) means, for most veteran players, a generous stash of plex stored neatly in the safety of an npc station.

Your definition of "universe" is kind of flawed. Lore in EVE is not restricted to what CCP writes down, unless you mean the officiql one per se. Everyone in EVE can create a part of the story involving a lot of people.

I agree on the amount of career choices, but disagree with that there aren't any options beyond that. The bigger issue is that for a long time people only ever get pushed into what CCP laid out for them and most people are really bad at not being sheeps and followers. To a great part people are making their game "unimaginative" themselves and CCP definitely is an enabler.


"Outside of combat pvp encounters, of the consensual kind, there isn't much of the unpredictable element that might keep a player constantly running in anticipation of rare success."

This reads completely backwards.
Consensual combat isn't unpredictable, else it would be non-consensual.
Unless you mean "fair fights" which still have less unpredictability than non-consensual combat.
Can you elaborate on this?


Your post as a whole reads a bit bitter with the attempt of staying logical.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#237 - 2016-08-19 12:54:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Gimme Sake wrote:
With a learning curve and skill queue equivalent in length with a college degree ...


If it's taking you four years to figure out EVE, you are playing the wrong game, and might want to try starting with one of these.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#238 - 2016-08-19 13:18:58 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
[quote=Gimme Sake]With a learning curve and skill queue equivalent in length with a college degree ...


If it's taking you four years to figure out EVE, you are playing the wrong game, and might want to try starting with one of these.[/quote

It takes years to be able to pilot certain ships. Sarcams takes only a few seconds to master depending on the environment. I suggest you save that stale cheekyness of yours for reddit karma.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Solecist Project
#239 - 2016-08-19 13:24:38 UTC
Gimme Sake wrote:
It takes years to be able to pilot certain ships. Sarcams takes only a few seconds to master depending on the environment. I suggest you save that stale cheekyness of yours for reddit karma.

Some ships, yes, but definitely not the majority so this is completely blown out of proportions.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#240 - 2016-08-19 13:34:07 UTC
Gimme Sake wrote:

It takes years to be able to pilot certain ships.


As well it should. What, you think everyone should get handed a titan on day 1? You think some effort shouldn't be required to get into ships that can put the alien mothership from independence day to shame?

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104