These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

So, Barge Info?

Author
Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#361 - 2016-08-23 00:05:54 UTC
Well worst case it means you get max yield when they aren't around and even when they show up instead of not mining you just go down to slightly reduced yield.

And in the ideal case you get the free ganker loot to boost profits Big smile

My point is if you get creative you can turn the tables on them, and instead of ruining your day they actually make things better.

Nothing is 100% foolproof - but it is a game, so if you can find ways to make it fun even when others are trying to ruin your fun...that is a win. Pirate

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Gunrunner1775
Empire Hooligans
#362 - 2016-08-23 00:18:58 UTC
while i totaly agree with what you are saying

most folks will just say screw it and mine with a skiff... at least in high sec.. in WH space, i always use a skiff, stabbed and all that other good stuff,, especialy those that do not have orca support

hulk and mack, just too paper thin. and even when paying attention, you gotta dock up, because you just will not survive 1-2 cats comeing in to gank you... and docked up miners = no income

and nurfing the skiff. will only result in me useing a Rokh to mine astroids ... are they gonna nurf the Rokh because it cant be ganked by 1-2 cats?? (and will just use the endurance for mining ice )
Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#363 - 2016-08-23 00:21:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirty Forum Alt
Gunrunner1775 wrote:
while i totaly agree with what you are saying

most folks will just say screw it and mine with a skiff... at least in high sec.. in WH space, i always use a skiff, stabbed and all that other good stuff,, especialy those that do not have orca support

hulk and mack, just too paper thin. and even when paying attention, you gotta dock up, because you just will not survive 1-2 cats comeing in to gank you... and docked up miners = no income

and nurfing the skiff. will only result in me useing a Rokh to mine astroids ... are they gonna nurf the Rokh because it cant be ganked by 1-2 cats?? (and will just use the endurance for mining ice )

Last time people started mining with rokh's they buffed mining ships w/ ore holds lol P

One way or another the universe will keep going, and miners will find ways to mine - even if they are all in ventures/endurances

edit: Or even if they all end up in battleships

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Gunrunner1775
Empire Hooligans
#364 - 2016-08-23 00:24:17 UTC
i still wanna see it, just for the hell of it, fleets of battleships mining astroids (think i used an osprey back in the day, and then a rokh befor i had the skills for exhumers, and befor they changed up all the mining skills ) ... would mine gas in wormholes with a cormorant and later a ferox back then as well
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#365 - 2016-08-23 01:37:06 UTC
I remember when CCP said they were redoing exhumers. I recommended they look at the mining Rokh, and make sure that, when compared to a Rokh, exhumers were preferable. That is, when you want to mine with a big tank, you would not prefer the Rokh to an exhumer, when the Rokh is fitted for cargo, you would not prefer it over an exhumer, and when the Rohk is fitted for yield, you would not prefer it over an exhumer.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Gunrunner1775
Empire Hooligans
#366 - 2016-08-23 01:39:12 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
I remember when CCP said they were redoing exhumers. I recommended they look at the mining Rokh, and make sure that, when compared to a Rokh, exhumers were preferable. That is, when you want to mine with a big tank, you would not prefer the Rokh to an exhumer, when the Rokh is fitted for cargo, you would not prefer it over an exhumer, and when the Rohk is fitted for yield, you would not prefer it over an exhumer.



well , if they nurf the skiff. its garunteed that a huge chunk of miners would prefer mining in a rokh over that of a mack or hulk
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#367 - 2016-08-23 07:08:00 UTC
Gunrunner1775 Why are you so determined to have no options for the mining barges?
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#368 - 2016-08-23 07:21:39 UTC
Gunrunner1775 wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
I remember when CCP said they were redoing exhumers. I recommended they look at the mining Rokh, and make sure that, when compared to a Rokh, exhumers were preferable. That is, when you want to mine with a big tank, you would not prefer the Rokh to an exhumer, when the Rokh is fitted for cargo, you would not prefer it over an exhumer, and when the Rohk is fitted for yield, you would not prefer it over an exhumer.



well , if they nurf the skiff. its garunteed that a huge chunk of miners would prefer mining in a rokh over that of a mack or hulk


Well I am fitting one up ready for this nerf, our Rokh's will blot out the sun....

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#369 - 2016-08-23 07:23:54 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Gunrunner1775 Why are you so determined to have no options for the mining barges?


It is you who wants no options for mining barges and exhumers, you just want easy gank targets to farm in hisec and are using 0.0 mining as a smoekscreen, after all PL mine in their sov space, not... Roll

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#370 - 2016-08-23 07:26:44 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Gunrunner1775 Why are you so determined to have no options for the mining barges?


It is you who wants no options for mining barges and exhumers, you just want easy gank targets to farm in hisec and are using 0.0 mining as a smoekscreen, after all PL mine in their sov space, not... Roll


Again, same EHP as a marauder coupled with an offensive bonus to drones is not easy to gank, especially when they would have logi support.
Solecist Project
#371 - 2016-08-23 07:32:42 UTC

I see you have reached zero progress.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#372 - 2016-08-23 07:33:34 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Gunrunner1775 Why are you so determined to have no options for the mining barges?


It is you who wants no options for mining barges and exhumers, you just want easy gank targets to farm in hisec and are using 0.0 mining as a smoekscreen, after all PL mine in their sov space, not... Roll


Again, same EHP as a marauder coupled with an offensive bonus to drones is not easy to gank, especially when they would have logi support.


Most people do solo mining in hisec your ideas are not relevant to hisec.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#373 - 2016-08-23 07:37:41 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:


Most people do solo mining in hisec your ideas are not relevant to hisec.


All incursion maurauders are in highsec, almost all mission battleships are in highsec, they have 80k ehp, skiff will get 80-90k ehp, please explain how the skiff will not be able to survive solo in highsec while all of these battleships get along just fine.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#374 - 2016-08-23 07:41:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
baltec1 wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:


Most people do solo mining in hisec your ideas are not relevant to hisec.


All incursion maurauders are in highsec, almost all mission battleships are in highsec, they have 80k ehp, skiff will get 80-90k ehp, please explain how the skiff will not be able to survive solo in highsec while all of these battleships get along just fine.


Pretty obvious that is not comparable.

For a start can you solo incursions?

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#375 - 2016-08-23 07:42:15 UTC
Gunrunner1775 wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
I remember when CCP said they were redoing exhumers. I recommended they look at the mining Rokh, and make sure that, when compared to a Rokh, exhumers were preferable. That is, when you want to mine with a big tank, you would not prefer the Rokh to an exhumer, when the Rokh is fitted for cargo, you would not prefer it over an exhumer, and when the Rohk is fitted for yield, you would not prefer it over an exhumer.



well , if they nurf the skiff. its garunteed that a huge chunk of miners would prefer mining in a rokh over that of a mack or hulk


Would you be able to send me a fit in game, thanks.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#376 - 2016-08-23 07:43:53 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:


Most people do solo mining in hisec your ideas are not relevant to hisec.


All incursion maurauders are in highsec, almost all mission battleships are in highsec, they have 80k ehp, skiff will get 80-90k ehp, please explain how the skiff will not be able to survive solo in highsec while all of these battleships get along just fine.


Pretty obvious that is not comparable.

For a start can you solo incursions?


Notice that part where I added all the solo mission runners? Answer the question.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#377 - 2016-08-23 07:50:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
baltec1 wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:


Most people do solo mining in hisec your ideas are not relevant to hisec.


All incursion maurauders are in highsec, almost all mission battleships are in highsec, they have 80k ehp, skiff will get 80-90k ehp, please explain how the skiff will not be able to survive solo in highsec while all of these battleships get along just fine.


Pretty obvious that is not comparable.

For a start can you solo incursions?


Notice that part where I added all the solo mission runners? Answer the question.


Gates anyone?

Using a MJD to be away from the warp in, NPC aggro...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#378 - 2016-08-23 07:56:02 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:


Gates anyone?

Using a MJD to be away from the warp in, NPC aggro...


Mean squat. You can gank them as they jump through the gate like anything else. It is just as easy to gank a mission battleship and it is anything else in this game.

So again I ask, how is it that the skiff will be useless with 80k EHP when the mission battleships that have 60-80k EHP are perfectly fine?
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#379 - 2016-08-23 07:57:11 UTC
Gunrunner1775 wrote:
and nurfing the skiff. will only result in me useing a Rokh to mine astroids ... are they gonna nurf the Rokh because it cant be ganked by 1-2 cats?? (and will just use the endurance for mining ice )


That is a really on the point statement, they cannot nerf the Skiff to facilitate easy ganking...

Checkmate to baltec1 and all you entitled gankers.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#380 - 2016-08-23 08:01:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
baltec1 wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:


Gates anyone?

Using a MJD to be away from the warp in, NPC aggro...


Mean squat. You can gank them as they jump through the gate like anything else. It is just as easy to gank a mission battleship and it is anything else in this game.

So again I ask, how is it that the skiff will be useless with 80k EHP when the mission battleships that have 60-80k EHP are perfectly fine?


Gankers have a boner for ganking miners above anyone else, so what... And the Skiff will be replaced by the Rokh if CCP nerf it like it was before.

I am building two at the moment and I am training my other toon that mines into Caldari BS V which I already have on Dracvlad, so that covers my needs. CCP go make it easier for gankers, by nerfing the Skiff and watch as people change to Rokh's so much for your crap balancing...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp