These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

[DED] A short reminder from the IGS Communications Director

Author
Steffanie Saissore
Tyrathlion Interstellar
Rote Kapelle
#21 - 2016-07-28 16:09:24 UTC
Halfrek Foley wrote:

Our corporation only follows Covenant Law, the DED has no say in what we do. As a director of Hematology Advancement Program, I am prohibiting any of our members from further posting in the DED controlled Intergalactic Summit forum and chat channel. Any member breaking our rules will be dealt with by the fullest extent of Covenant Law!

So the number of active posters from us will decline because of the DED's proposed enforcement!


You do realize that by posting to this forum, you agree to abide by the rules set forth by the DED? But please, by all means, continue to believe that you are not held accountable to the DED rules.

We travel in the dark of the new moon,

A starry highway traced on the map of the sky

Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#22 - 2016-07-28 19:12:40 UTC
I would like to express gratitude to CONCORD for their operation and closure of disturbing thread.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

iyammarrok
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2016-07-28 21:05:03 UTC
Aux, Speak to Graelyn.
There is some insight to be gained there.

-Tertianus Rethelior.

Not indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated.

Aux Aliette
DED
#24 - 2016-07-29 10:31:06 UTC
A reminder to those who complain about biased CRC moderation:

Aux Aliette wrote:
The Communications Relay Committee encourages anyone who feels that a breach of the rules has taken place to report it through the proper channels. However, please be aware that repeated, targeted reporting against individuals whose viewpoints you do not agree with will be treated as a breach of the CRC Communications policy, and will be actioned as is appropriate.


Those that have been reported have been actioned as is appropriate.

IGS Communications Director  ||  Directive Enforcement Department  ||  CONCORD Assembly

Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#25 - 2016-07-29 17:20:15 UTC
Is it possible to ask of the disposition of previous reports, such as those I made approximately a week ago?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Vizage
Capital Allied Industrial Distribution
Evictus.
#26 - 2016-07-29 19:48:04 UTC
Aux Aliette wrote:
A reminder to those who complain about biased CRC moderation:

Aux Aliette wrote:
The Communications Relay Committee encourages anyone who feels that a breach of the rules has taken place to report it through the proper channels. However, please be aware that repeated, targeted reporting against individuals whose viewpoints you do not agree with will be treated as a breach of the CRC Communications policy, and will be actioned as is appropriate.


Those that have been reported have been actioned as is appropriate.



I'm a little confused by this. Do you mean to say that if someone reports a person who repeatedly breaches the CRC communications policy is effectively shielded from being reported on over and over?

I find this a little troubling as you are discouraging people from reporting offences for fear that their reporting could be considered an offence in-and-of itself.

Could you possibly clarify this rule a little more. Would a person who report a person for multiple similar offences risk punishment themselves? This seems wildly nonconstructive to what you are trying to achieve with this new initiative.

Regard,

K. Amsel
Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2016-07-29 20:31:57 UTC
And people shall carry on, none the wiser.
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#28 - 2016-08-11 15:26:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Che Biko
Due in no small part to their proclivity for pushing the boundaries, Gallente artistry has become so elaborate that, to many members of New Eden's other nations, it seems virtually unintelligible.
As an example, in many Gallente narratives, the story is embedded withing layers of satire-upon-meaning-upon-satire and predicated upon subtle movement and form. As a result, the whole endeavor of the audience becomes less about following the plot and more about how to interpret the piece based on the nuances of its presentation. For this reason, whereas a typical Gallente may sit rapt over the latest Gallente holoreel, a non-Gallente might watch the same thing and perceive little to have happened at all. Furthermore, in many Gallente works these convolutions will turn in on themselves several times, creating meta layers of meaning that Gallente love to mull over, but which seem like vacuous pretension to those less interested in the intricacies of analysis.

Hmm, Aux Aliette sounds Gallente...looks Gallente...but seemingly he either has become so cosmopolitan that he's lost some touch with Gallente artistry, or he is so busy that he did not have time to do a proper analysis. Funny to see Tuulinen having a better grasp on that.
Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#29 - 2016-08-11 21:07:03 UTC
Jason Galente wrote:
And, it's sad to say it, but nothing of value will be lost.

What an irony.
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
#30 - 2016-08-11 23:55:11 UTC
Che Biko wrote:
Hmm, Aux Aliette sounds Gallente...looks Gallente...but seemingly he either has become so cosmopolitan that he's lost some touch with Gallente artistry, or he is so busy that he did not have time to do a proper analysis. Funny to see Tuulinen having a better grasp on that.

That because when I created him I forgot to add any depth of personality, humor, and the ability to make or understand emotionally based decisions. So he's effectively a bot designed to lock threads and ban people.... I did leave the ability to develop those things, but it seems it didn't take. My apologies, it's to late to fix now though.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Slayer Liberator
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#31 - 2016-08-12 02:40:50 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Che Biko wrote:
Hmm, Aux Aliette sounds Gallente...looks Gallente...but seemingly he either has become so cosmopolitan that he's lost some touch with Gallente artistry, or he is so busy that he did not have time to do a proper analysis. Funny to see Tuulinen having a better grasp on that.

That because when I created him I forgot to add any depth of personality, humor, and the ability to make or understand emotionally based decisions. So he's effectively a bot designed to lock threads and ban people.... I did leave the ability to develop those things, but it seems it didn't take. My apologies, it's to late to fix now though.

Then kill him and make a new and better one
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
#32 - 2016-08-12 14:31:13 UTC
Slayer Liberator wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Che Biko wrote:
Hmm, Aux Aliette sounds Gallente...looks Gallente...but seemingly he either has become so cosmopolitan that he's lost some touch with Gallente artistry, or he is so busy that he did not have time to do a proper analysis. Funny to see Tuulinen having a better grasp on that.

That because when I created him I forgot to add any depth of personality, humor, and the ability to make or understand emotionally based decisions. So he's effectively a bot designed to lock threads and ban people.... I did leave the ability to develop those things, but it seems it didn't take. My apologies, it's to late to fix now though.

Then kill him and make a new and better one

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to make one of those?

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Slayer Liberator
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#33 - 2016-08-12 15:10:27 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Slayer Liberator wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Che Biko wrote:
Hmm, Aux Aliette sounds Gallente...looks Gallente...but seemingly he either has become so cosmopolitan that he's lost some touch with Gallente artistry, or he is so busy that he did not have time to do a proper analysis. Funny to see Tuulinen having a better grasp on that.

That because when I created him I forgot to add any depth of personality, humor, and the ability to make or understand emotionally based decisions. So he's effectively a bot designed to lock threads and ban people.... I did leave the ability to develop those things, but it seems it didn't take. My apologies, it's to late to fix now though.

Then kill him and make a new and better one

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to make one of those?

No but where I come from the repair person destroys any complacated broken stuff and just gets a new one I thought that was the easiest solution
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
#34 - 2016-08-12 18:48:51 UTC
Slayer Liberator wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Slayer Liberator wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Che Biko wrote:
Hmm, Aux Aliette sounds Gallente...looks Gallente...but seemingly he either has become so cosmopolitan that he's lost some touch with Gallente artistry, or he is so busy that he did not have time to do a proper analysis. Funny to see Tuulinen having a better grasp on that.

That because when I created him I forgot to add any depth of personality, humor, and the ability to make or understand emotionally based decisions. So he's effectively a bot designed to lock threads and ban people.... I did leave the ability to develop those things, but it seems it didn't take. My apologies, it's to late to fix now though.

Then kill him and make a new and better one

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to make one of those?

No but where I come from the repair person destroys any complacated broken stuff and just gets a new one I thought that was the easiest solution

That only works if the thing you've broke is mass produced. Unique snowflakes are harder to replace.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Slayer Liberator
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#35 - 2016-08-12 21:10:07 UTC
Oh right
Slaver Filth
Council of Apostles
#36 - 2016-09-06 05:42:16 UTC
What wonderful news, civility will once again reign on the IGS.

Ideas can have their day in the court of public opinion without every thinker being personally flamed.

This is very good news, I hope they enforce it, and I hope it needs little enforcement because we all try to do better on our own as well.

"Child of Amarr seek not warmth in our cold hearts, we are the old serpent of New Eden and you must do your part, revel in our viciousness, we rule by venom and our strike is merciless, "

Charles Cambridge Schmidt
Schmidt's Sewing Suits and Spaceships
#37 - 2016-09-26 00:44:27 UTC
So did this thread end up just being lip service after all?

I don't care what you think, as long as it's about me.

Ayallah
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#38 - 2016-09-30 06:36:04 UTC
I am formally protesting the fact that any killmail linked is treated as a derailment of topic. Kills are the catalyst and result of much of new eden's activity and the fact I cannot use them in argument is ridiculous.

This rule panders to the safe high-sec pilot and ignores how relevant they are to the daily life of every other pilot. Being able to use empirical data in an argument to demonstrate a point is crucial. Instead I just get posts removed.

This is just a means for those alliances seeking investors who cannot defend their assets and those terrorists who cannot construct a reliable detonator to act unimpeded regardless of facts of the events. CONCORD's information about ship losses should not be restricted on the IGS.

Goddess of the IGS

As strength goes.

Matar Ronin
#39 - 2016-10-03 19:17:20 UTC
Posting kill mails is not allowed.

To formally protest what you have agreed to is far from reasonable.

Find a way to make your point within the rules.

If not, create your own version of IGS and make up your own rules.

Nothing stops you from doing that. See how many participants you can gather.

I suspect the numbers will not come close to the numbers here on IGS.

Breaking the rules and bending them to our will is always an adolescent thrill, but eventually reality demands we rise above the short cuts of youthful passions and make more thoughtful arguments that can persuade and not just annoy or embarrass. Kill mails do far more of the latter and very little of the former. They have no place on IGS.

IGS participants should be able to keep to the usage agreement, period.

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
#40 - 2016-10-03 20:16:21 UTC
Ayallah wrote:
I am formally protesting the fact that any killmail linked is treated as a derailment of topic. Kills are the catalyst and result of much of new eden's activity and the fact I cannot use them in argument is ridiculous.

This rule panders to the safe high-sec pilot and ignores how relevant they are to the daily life of every other pilot. Being able to use empirical data in an argument to demonstrate a point is crucial. Instead I just get posts removed.

This is just a means for those alliances seeking investors who cannot defend their assets and those terrorists who cannot construct a reliable detonator to act unimpeded regardless of facts of the events. CONCORD's information about ship losses should not be restricted on the IGS.

I Claudia Amelia Testarossa Wingate Lillithella Osyn MDCXXXIV, Goddess of the IGS, hear your protest and will take it into consideration.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Previous page123Next page