These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

TL;DR Guide to the IGS

Author
Jason Galente
Hole Punchers
I Could Do Better
#1 - 2016-07-21 23:04:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Jason Galente
If you're new to the Intergalactic Summit fluid router channel, I thought I'd make a helpful guide to make your experience as friendly and productive as possible.

Step 1: Block Diana Kim and Anyanka Funk

The end.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Cait Nathair
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-07-22 04:29:13 UTC
Very thorough and well thought out, Jason.
Can I just make a suggestion for an edit?
My hair is now no longer up for discussion.
Templar Thal Vadam
Dark Sefrim Six
Khimi Harar
#3 - 2016-07-22 04:32:10 UTC
Oh, and do not forget talking about "honor duels."
Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#4 - 2016-07-22 05:10:36 UTC
It's not even Tuesday. What sorcery is this ?

TL:DR are posted on TUESDAYS, not THURSDAYS

H E R E S Y
E
R
E
S
Y

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#5 - 2016-07-22 05:24:03 UTC
Oh, well, that indecent person even brought it here. I guess I need to give some explanation.

Jason Galente is an unpleasant offensive person, who shows disrespect to his opponent during arguments and degrades himself to slanders and straightforward lies about other persons (I have collected quite a few evidences, and if someone will dare to doubt my words - please write me a NeoCom message, I will gladly provide you with numerous examples).

When he was challenged to answer for his lies and defend his honor, at first he was accepting idea of fighting in person, then he became threatening, showing how "strong and mighty" he was, and after he saw it didn't work - he simply started to avoid the fight, hiding behind his suddenly appeared principle of "not beating peoples of smaller size and different gender", which... well, didn't show itself when he was describing how he was going to beat me.

Attempt to fight him in ships didn't bring desired effect, as he was referencing to some sort of rule (that was actually contradicting official ones), like only he had right to say about whether the place of duel shall be. Obviously, he set it to Maker forsaken null security system, where he admitted earlier, he didn't guarantee you won't be blobbed.

Both of these cases were documented as well, and chat transcripts are available on request (as far as I am aware, putting them here is against the rules).

But in any way, amount of personal attacks and insults coming from this person is really disrupting, just as his attempts at representing himself as honorable person.

I will strongly recommend blocking him instead if you are looking for a respectful and polite conversation.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

morion
Lighting Build
#6 - 2016-07-22 06:22:46 UTC  |  Edited by: morion
honor duel fire storm
Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#7 - 2016-07-22 06:25:06 UTC
Wouldn't it be amazing if the CRC actually enforced derailment rules, like they do in every other forum on the CRC-moderated portion of Galnet?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#8 - 2016-07-22 06:28:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Morwen Lagann
Makoto Priano wrote:
Wouldn't it be amazing if the CRC actually enforced derailment rules, like they do in every other forum on the CRC-moderated portion of Galnet?

If they did, even Kuvakei himself would say his Utopia pales in comparison.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Utari Onzo
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#9 - 2016-07-22 06:52:53 UTC
Personally I don't think this forum has had much to offer to anyone in terms of serious, constructive or informative discussion for some time. You can point at usual suspects and say they're the reason, but the truth is no one cares on the IGS to self police themselves and to sit down and be reasonable. It's too tempting to poke sticks into the fire and watch what happens.

There are some interesting conversations that happen from time to time of course, and worthy reports or news here, but it's in spite of.. Well. Spite. That's what's permeated into this forum, a spitefullness and mischief and why the TL;DR of this forum should read thusly;

TL;DR Enter at your own risk, entertainment and petty sniping trumps discussion.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Yarosara Ruil
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#10 - 2016-07-22 07:13:45 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
Personally I don't think this forum has had much to offer to anyone in terms of serious, constructive or informative discussion for some time. You can point at usual suspects and say they're the reason, but the truth is no one cares on the IGS to self police themselves and to sit down and be reasonable.


You used to be cool Mister Onzo...
Ibrahim Tash-Murkon
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#11 - 2016-07-22 07:24:23 UTC
Utari is 100% right in his assessment. I take anything said on this forum with a grain of salt the size of Athra and I am only very rarely serious on it myself (only in those instances where seriousness can't be avoided). The simple fact of the matter is that there is no foolproof mechanism to separate the wheat from the chaff and the chaff is really rather loud and frequent in its posts.

As to whether Mr. Galente's recommendations would cure this ailment: No comment. ;-)

"I give you the destiny of Faith, and you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens: Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given." - Book of Reclaiming 22:13

Utari Onzo
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#12 - 2016-07-22 08:52:00 UTC
Yarosara Ruil wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
Personally I don't think this forum has had much to offer to anyone in terms of serious, constructive or informative discussion for some time. You can point at usual suspects and say they're the reason, but the truth is no one cares on the IGS to self police themselves and to sit down and be reasonable.


You used to be cool Mister Onzo...


Am I wrong?

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Yarosara Ruil
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#13 - 2016-07-22 09:08:51 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
Am I wrong?


Well... No, not really.

But while I do like the chaos and randomness that goes on in IGS, which I often find myself contributing copiously to it when I'm capable of, think of the alternative? The Summit, as a serious and controlled experience, is more often than not silent as a grave, with only the redundant small talk breaking the monotony. Because frankly, there's only so much civility and political debate one can have before everyone starts dozing off.

And while we can chastise Miss Kim for being an overbearing zealot, more than half of the references to Tibus Heth done in the past month were made by people trying to incite a reaction from Miss Kim, due to how predictably she defends her long time hero.

Who is more to blame? Miss Kim for being herself? Or everyone else for making a show out of her?

...

Funk on the other hand can go suck on a Lemon...
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#14 - 2016-07-22 09:22:06 UTC
Yarosara Ruil wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
Am I wrong?


Well... No, not really.

But while I do like the chaos and randomness that goes on in IGS, which I often find myself contributing copiously to it when I'm capable of, think of the alternative? The Summit, as a serious and controlled experience, is more often than not silent as a grave, with only the redundant small talk breaking the monotony. Because frankly, there's only so much civility and political debate one can have before everyone starts dozing off.

And while we can chastise Miss Kim for being an overbearing zealot, more than half of the references to Tibus Heth done in the past month were made by people trying to incite a reaction from Miss Kim, due to how predictably she defends her long time hero.

Who is more to blame? Miss Kim for being herself? Or everyone else for making a show out of her?

...

Funk on the other hand can go suck on a Lemon...


*Everyone* is to blame! We are all bad people! Let's all sit in a corner and brood about it!

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#15 - 2016-07-22 09:23:07 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
Personally I don't think this forum has had much to offer to anyone in terms of serious, constructive or informative discussion for some time. You can point at usual suspects and say they're the reason, but the truth is no one cares on the IGS to self police themselves and to sit down and be reasonable. It's too tempting to poke sticks into the fire and watch what happens.

There are some interesting conversations that happen from time to time of course, and worthy reports or news here, but it's in spite of.. Well. Spite. That's what's permeated into this forum, a spitefullness and mischief and why the TL;DR of this forum should read thusly;

TL;DR Enter at your own risk, entertainment and petty sniping trumps discussion.

How many times I tried to bring philosophical discussions to forum? And what I was getting instead of conversations? Makotos, Osyns, and now Jasons.

Most of them don't even understand concept of honor, and can only bark from behind the screen, like they have nothing better to do.

I have had a couple of actual fights with those, who were insulting Caldari uniform, but that was more exception than the rule. I commend their honor and forrgive their slanders. Most of the, as you called them, usual suspects, just do this stuff without fear of punishment for their misdeeds.

I was trying to push their noses to this, to at least make them feel shame for what they do, but something tells me they only love such sort of attention...

What to do with this and how to improve the situation?... I don't know. I can only assume that strict moderation with severe physical punishment even for tiny slander could solve this problem. I am not sure CONCORD would ever go for this, so all we have to do is point them and shame, hoping that someday their conscience might awake.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Utari Onzo
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#16 - 2016-07-22 10:22:35 UTC
Ms Ruil my point is more there is a distinct lack of balance between the two. It often appears there is no room for serious discussion outside of a few exceptions (Sojourn and the odd news report spring to mind). Lamentably it seems the IGS userbase prefers sitting firmly in the tongue in cheek, petty sniping department. I don't mind a bit of that but when I see discussion after discussion derailed with jabs at people's character or bets when such and such a person will show up to "ruin everything" I'm reminded why I'm giving up socialising with the general capsuleer populace. There are threads for that kind of behaviour and I often indulge, am I so wrong to ask for threads where the tongue in cheek is kept voluntarily in check?

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Yarosara Ruil
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#17 - 2016-07-22 11:41:11 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
There are threads for that kind of behaviour and I often indulge, am I so wrong to ask for threads where the tongue in cheek is kept voluntarily in check?


Not all of us have that amount of self-control of mental fortitude... Some of us are actually so unhinged from our daily lives as capsuleers that we need to let ourselves go psychologically to cope with, well, everything.

Can you really blame them from wanting to escape from the sad reality that goes on in New Eden and find solace in their merriment and buffoonery?

Jason Galente
Hole Punchers
I Could Do Better
#18 - 2016-07-22 11:42:59 UTC
Valerie Valate wrote:
It's not even Tuesday. What sorcery is this ?

TL:DR are posted on TUESDAYS, not THURSDAYS

H E R E S Y
E
R
E
S
Y


IT WAS TIME FOR A CHANGE VALERIE

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#19 - 2016-07-22 13:24:00 UTC
I miss the TL;DRs! They coming back anytime soon? Understandable if it's a no..
Slayer Liberator
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2016-07-22 14:21:08 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Oh, well, that indecent person even brought it here. I guess I need to give some explanation.

Jason Galente is an unpleasant offensive person, who shows disrespect to his opponent during arguments and degrades himself to slanders and straightforward lies about other persons (I have collected quite a few evidences, and if someone will dare to doubt my words - please write me a NeoCom message, I will gladly provide you with numerous examples).

When he was challenged to answer for his lies and defend his honor, at first he was accepting idea of fighting in person, then he became threatening, showing how "strong and mighty" he was, and after he saw it didn't work - he simply started to avoid the fight, hiding behind his suddenly appeared principle of "not beating peoples of smaller size and different gender", which... well, didn't show itself when he was describing how he was going to beat me.

Attempt to fight him in ships didn't bring desired effect, as he was referencing to some sort of rule (that was actually contradicting official ones), like only he had right to say about whether the place of duel shall be. Obviously, he set it to Maker forsaken null security system, where he admitted earlier, he didn't guarantee you won't be blobbed.

Both of these cases were documented as well, and chat transcripts are available on request (as far as I am aware, putting them here is against the rules).

But in any way, amount of personal attacks and insults coming from this person is really disrupting, just as his attempts at representing himself as honorable person.

I will strongly recommend blocking him instead if you are looking for a respectful and polite conversation.

Null-sec is our home when we leave it we(horde-folk) are in danger due to being war targets of the Imperium but you are just at war with the Gallente so you would be in equal danger going to null-sec as we would be in hi-sec or low-sec
123Next page