These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

This game is filled with socipaths and I will fight them!

First post
Author
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#81 - 2016-07-07 08:03:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Chopper Rollins
Warrior AgainstEvil wrote:
... like someone said, that which doesn't kill you just makes you stronger!

That someone never won a fight or had a girlfriend, so who cares what he said except cranky, overworked chefs and edgy posers?
I've been lurking in the one lowsec system, solo, since last December killing newbro ventures and anyone i catch slipping.
Am i a sociopath yet?

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#82 - 2016-07-07 08:04:55 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Besides, I'm literally more sociopathic than all of you combined. Just ask every mad-as-a-hatter carebear that ever lost a ship to me.

I'm a sociopath because I campaigned to get CCP to make industry viable in 0.0

Look, as I was as surprised to find this out as you are, but there it is: an internet psychologist said so, and who am I to dispute his diagnosis?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2016-07-07 08:52:41 UTC
Right now as I type my hands are shaking and I lost another ship in low securiti space because of some stupid people at a gate taht blew me up. Why do people do that? Do people have no lifes that they need to sit at a gate all day and kill people? What does that accomplish?

Let me tell you what it accomplishes...

First of all pirates are the ones who gatecamp, they usually occupy a certain area, and fight with others from the same or surrounding area. in order to disrupt movement of enemy spies/scouts/cynos and logistics we gatecamp to kill anything coming into our area to protect our assets and operations.

secondly, we need to make money too and a lot of pirates care more about a 1bil isk pod being blown up than 1bil isk from missions or mining. you will be suprised how much isk can be made from gatecamping when stupid people jump into the wrong system.

allbeit the same attitude can be transferred to every other activity in eve "do miners have no life that they sit in a belt all day watching a rock?" , "do mission runners have no life that they just min/max the same missions over and over all day everyday" what does anything actually accomplish?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Duke Amarrian
Tesla Aerospace Industries
#84 - 2016-07-07 11:11:35 UTC
Hi Friend,

Many years ago i was worse than you in terms of what you went through. Obviously i learnt the hard way and it paid off in the long run.

Because of idiots in this game they have made me a better player, a more technical player and ship fitter. I use to do a lot of mining and got ganked stupidly. Given patience and time and importantly strategy i've overcome those obstacles.

Low sec, High Sec and Null sec are all different environments meaning different ships are used for different purposes for e.g. you wont see me fly a mining barge into a wormhole. I would grab an endurance or prospect which are smaller stealthier ships and move faster than your bigger ships. Again depending on your skills it will take some time to the way you shape your operations in avoiding gankers. You need to ask yourself did you also run through a faction warfare zone ??? you do know what will happen their if you try fly through them right . It's information like this that you need to scope out and your scouting skills.

Yes death is normal in this game it does happen you can't avoid it. Don't expect to get far with limited skills or knowldge in this game. Not many ppl even know how to use mwd+cloak trick on gates in low sec. I was all rage in the past, but like i said. Patience and strategy do go a longer way. You also have all the tools in game to help you with that be it external web resources. Remember there is no point in wining all the time because theres no purpose, our opponents make us better right ???
Anthar Thebess
#85 - 2016-07-07 11:35:27 UTC
Count me in.
Lets kill every ship we see - some of them will probably owned by players guilty of something.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#86 - 2016-07-07 11:39:09 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
Count me in.
Lets kill every ship we see - some of them will probably owned by players guilty of something.

oh yer all guilty
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2016-07-07 11:43:02 UTC
Relevant

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2016-07-07 12:01:10 UTC
Looking forward to the first kill report Lol

I'm my own NPC alt.

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2016-07-07 12:02:37 UTC
Im actually waiting for the IPO request from this one, havent seen one of those in a while Shocked

embrel
BamBam Inc.
#90 - 2016-07-07 12:06:55 UTC
stuff.

I would recommend setting up on a gate. The next one coming through certainly is one of your enemies.
Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2016-07-07 12:07:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tao Dolcino
Anthar Thebess wrote:
Count me in.

Yes, and let's do it by camping at a gate, it's more effective ! Lol

Edit : damn, Embrel posted it before me !
flashmek
Dysfunctional Logistic Services
#92 - 2016-07-07 13:13:04 UTC
so let me get this right, your fairly new to the game, you have decided to play a well established game with a playerbase of people consisting of those that have been here 6 years + and you want to change the game because it does not suite your personal needs and wants when this is a game housing 20'000 + people.

also on a side note, if you was PVP'ing in low security space and you found a target, you warped in on them and they said wait dude i am not in a good position right now and i know your going to kill me, why are you here?

would you then just unlock him and tip your hat and say fair play pal ill let you go or would you blow him to hell ?

my bet is on the fact you would blow him to hell like 99% of the eve playerbase.

good luck on your en devour i am sure there are plenty who welcome the fight Twisted
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#93 - 2016-07-07 14:10:06 UTC
You know you done goofed when even the ISD's are busting out the popcorn and easy chairs to watch what unfolds due to your outburst.

Beyond that... 'Everyone is mean and evil because they beat me at pvp, so now I'm gonna pvp them until they stop being mean and evil, or quit the game.'
I'm sure there's some Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka meme out there that would pretty much sum this up, I'm just way too lazy to seek it out.

A freebie from a former carebear here. Learn to love the fight, not the win. Talk to the 'psychopaths' who are apparently pushing your sh*t in and find out what you're doing wrong. More often than not you'll find that the very people who are bad touching you will be more than willing to give you quality advice on how to get better at things if you only approach them with a civil and moderately adult attitude.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#94 - 2016-07-07 14:24:54 UTC
All people want to do is fight each other and scam! That is sociopathic and evil and they should be ashamed and because of that I am making it my life mission to fight them until they quit Eve.

If you are interested in joining the Warriors of the Light please send me an in game mail telling me your credentials and why you would like to join in our fight against the scum of this game. Thank you.

Hey, I agree completely and want to join. I've actually been fighting scammers for a few years now and have a decent system down that really protects people. Shoot me 200 mil in game and I can get you set up with the tools you need to fight those god damned scammers.
Deck Cadelanne
CAStabouts
#95 - 2016-07-07 14:58:40 UTC
...All I want to do is get in a ship and fight other people and win in combat and yet every time I try it just doesn't work out it really is upsetting me. Right now as I type my hands are shaking and I lost another ship in low securiti space because of some stupid people at a gate taht blew me up...

It's called PVP. You appear to be frustrated at not being very good at it. But instead of focusing on learning and improving, you come here and explode with rage.

Just a few ideas, but maybe you might try...

...flying with a group of like-minded fellow pilots. Makes PVP way more fun.

...adapting your behaviour; it isn't the game that isn't working, it's your understanding of the game that isn't working. You can learn from your mistakes and improve.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn professional."

- Hunter S. Thompson

roberts dragon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2016-07-07 15:02:21 UTC
make isk I done 3 accounts trained all in industry research bpos and make bpcs sell both also make modules sell them then after long time I merged the 3 accounts to this one so now I make all me own stuff . didn't do pi mate didn't show me that one yet so I sub through steam and have wads of every thing just no xp in pvp .

since best friend went awol again I am at loose end bored so playing a few games same time just keeping the research going now hopeing he come back and teach me pvp .

so as the pros on here will tell you go make friends join good corp and it sort its self out better to ask in here for advise they will help its where I got the best advise from .
Cyphodias
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#97 - 2016-07-07 15:35:34 UTC
Plot twist:

OP is Grath Telkin's little sister
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#98 - 2016-07-07 15:48:52 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
what does anything actually accomplish?
Very dangerous question. During late night camp a guy started explaining the meaning of life on TS and I woke up in a pod.
Hitori Tenchi
R3D SHIFT
#99 - 2016-07-07 16:08:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Hitori Tenchi
Who's that tramping over my bridge?

Condensed the TLDR OP to a more manageable and sensible post.
John Volan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#100 - 2016-07-07 16:21:25 UTC
I will become a monster if I have to to fight for the good of people... If being a monster is the price i must pay for that then i am fine with it because in the end I will still have achieved my goal...

...said every homicidal megalomaniac ever.

But yeah, the white knight stuff is cool too.