These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

June release 118.6 - General feedback

First post First post
Author
Mayham Jack
Corellian Business Tycoons
Mystic Dawn Alliance
#161 - 2016-06-29 05:15:47 UTC
Gregor Noobius wrote:
CCP Darwin wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
7 pages in 12 hours and much of it requesting ONE (docking animations - ON / OFF) thing be altered.

Our focus with the settings menu right now is on reducing complexity, rather than adding it. Generally, we won't add a toggle for a new graphic feature unless it is too heavy for low-end machines, and even then we'd prefer to tie it to an existing setting.

However, your feedback about what you do or don't like about the docking animation can help direct future iteration on it, so if it bothers you, please let us know specifically why.


It should only happen once, not everytime you change ships


WIth the Docking the main issues we are having is It is happening while docked when we switch ships, if we are docking to a station its fine, but it is unacceptable when we are going thru our hanger an changing ships and the length of the undocking as it stands atm it is taking the whole timer to get control of your ship back and the view is often messed up.
Anna Maria Yolo
Neutron Blaster Solutions
#162 - 2016-06-29 05:21:03 UTC
I saw cinematic undocking / docking. Its very cool to see it one time. One is enough. Now need to disable it Lol

I'm a little disappointed about recent releases. You waste your resources on gongs, cinematic dock/undock, pirate titans, but you make the game harder and harder for newcomers. Did you discover that all the people interested in EVE already play it, so there will not be new players anymore?

Recent fakaps that make this game harder for beginners

1. Changing the initial SP value and leaving the old tutorial.
The tutorial was pretty nice, and it wasa good opportunity to learn Eve and get some money and important skills. Now all the tutorial skills are already injected. So playing the tutorial is rewarded very often with useless skillbooks. First impression of a newcomer? Roll
Solution: You could just leave the previous initial SP value and playing the tutorial could be rewarded with a special tutorial skillbook which gain skill + skillpoints allocated to this skill. This could provide fast game game progression and very good new player expirience.

2. Citadels
Citadels have to replace POSes as we have been told. But the mechanics of Citadels suck imo. 7 days unanchoring is completely useless. If Citadel is anchored by a large corp it is no problem to loose it. But in High Sec there were hundrets of small newbie corps (We run a mining operation here. We have POS and Orca boost). Citadel is very easy to destroy, and a wardecced corp has no chance to evacuate the assets. This mechanics favors older players with a few battleships over newcomers with ventures.
Solution: just leave POSes in game. You may set the requirement, that a POS in Empire has to be fuelled with charters, even if it is off-line. When charters run out, the POS decays in 3 days. This will clean out the moons in Empire. If players will not move to Citadels which dont have be fuelled, this will be very good sign to look at them, and reconsider the mechanics.

3. Skill injectors
First - I like the idea of skill injectors. If you implemented the skill trading as you announced it would be very good for newcomers. But your solution favors older/richer players over newcomers. Let me explain. You announced this:
https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/exploring-the-character-bazaar-skill-trading/

Quote:

As a player, the Character Bazaar is how I made the switch from being a 15 million skillpoint Interceptor pilot to being a 33 million skillpoint Battleship pilot. I was able to afford it using the ISK I had earned in my first year plus the sale value of my character.
[...]
By putting more control of your characters in your hands we hope to improve the game for everyone. Whether you’re an older player who would rather have ISK than those mining skills you don’t use any more, a clever new player looking to invest your fortune into your character, a Corp leader trying to move everyone into a new doctrine or someone like me who just realized that they would rather fly Armageddon’s than Stilettos, this feature has you covered. This all fits nicely to our overall game design philosophy of giving you control over your experience through cooperation and competition with each other.


Yeah... But one year ago there it was not so hard to buy a char 70-80m SP for around 20b. Now the skill injectors removed this opportunity of buying better char by new players. Prices of chars are set by prices of skill points. Older players didn't extracted "those mining skills you don’t use any more", but extracted everything else leaving "stripped 5m SP miner". Current system favors players with fat wallets (in game or in real life Lol), but is poor for newbies.
This is a real issue. My friend recently wanted to start eve and I told him that the best way to start is buying a nice char on Bazaar selling plexes for 100-150 USD. When he asked me to find the nice toon I realised that deals are much worse than year ago, when I changed my main. He gave up. Entry cost of a computer game 100-150 USD is acceptable. Entry cost 1000 USD is madness. There is many ways how to fix the skill trading, but I really doubt you see the problem.
Enzaki
Kenshin.
The Initiative.
#163 - 2016-06-29 06:23:23 UTC
Sulfurblade wrote:
Ruby Troi wrote:
Could we please have an option to turn off the new ship animation every time I dock, log in a character or change ships. One isn't too bad but after the second one it starts to induce motion sickness.


I absolutely agree its anger inducing to have to watch this animation every time you change a ship!!!


+100 ccp fix that cam its so bad
Tzuko1
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#164 - 2016-06-29 06:41:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Tzuko1
for real CCP gtfo now. this station movement crap is killing my eyes

Also, it was pointed it out in the SISI feedback topic. and you do what?

https://imgflip.com/i/16m5p2

I assume we need to cancel our subcriptions again to have this optional....
Saleya Blackheart
I've no Idea
#165 - 2016-06-29 06:46:46 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:
However, your feedback about what you do or don't like about the docking animation can help direct future iteration on it.


Best possible future iteration: take.it.out.

CCP:
Sure, we like nice graphics. But if those "nice" effects get in the way of us playing the game efficiently, we simply don't like it.
This so called feature is nauseating and distracting.
If i dock, i might do so because i need to reship quickly. I can't do this because i have to wait until this stupid "cut scene" is over. Otherwise i would get sick.
So: PLEASE, for the love of god, accept that it was a failure to implement and take it out again.

Jita won't be happy if it gets burned again...
Sergey Hawk
The Sith Syndicate
REFORD
#166 - 2016-06-29 07:05:23 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:

However, your feedback about what you do or don't like about the docking animation can help direct future iteration on it, so if it bothers you, please let us know specifically why.


Because this animation is very annoying.
Every release you add very annoying thing:

  • dong
  • flashing kill confirmation
  • intermediate centering before rotation in new camera
  • scope video in HQ
  • ads in hangar

and now this stupid docking animation!

Do you really think that all these crap make EVE better? You are wrong!
You are killing the game with these "improvements".
Maybe you all need to stop the development of EVE and start practice for Euro 2020?
I got more enjoyment from watching how Iceland plays football at Euro 2016 than from playing last 3 months in EVE Online.

Aura: "You need to be within range to execute this function."

Kimi Räikkönen: “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.”

Luscius Uta
#167 - 2016-06-29 07:16:00 UTC
I tried to accept a courier contract on my regional trading toon, and a popup message told me that my ship has only 3900 m^3 cargo space, less than courier package size (I was in a deep space transport with 60k m^3 fleet hangar). I don't know if this is only a interface bug, or if you actually can't put courier packages in fleet hangars, but it didn't happen before and should be fixed.

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Top Yourself
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#168 - 2016-06-29 07:23:41 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
7 pages in 12 hours and much of it requesting ONE (docking animations - ON / OFF) thing be altered.

Our focus with the settings menu right now is on reducing complexity, rather than adding it. Generally, we won't add a toggle for a new graphic feature unless it is too heavy for low-end machines, and even then we'd prefer to tie it to an existing setting.

However, your feedback about what you do or don't like about the docking animation can help direct future iteration on it, so if it bothers you, please let us know specifically why.

Ok, I will.

I have Autism, specifically the kind of ASD that used to be called "Aspergers syndrome" and can be referred to as "high-functioning". None of these are really labels I have an easy time identifying with, but it may help you understand my issues.

One of the symptoms of my condition is that I get sensory overloads. A very simplistic description of this is that lights, noises, lots of change in the scene, the need to repeatedly re-focus on different parts of the scene and lack of control over that scene will cause me to have an unpleasant experience. The actual experience can be discomfort, fatigue, nausia, pain, anxiety and/or anger. It can be subtle, something that only your subconscious picks up and steers you away from, or severe, like actual physical pain, retching and revulsion. In cases where I am kept in an overloaded state and cannot remove myself from it easily, I will go into a more extreme state that can involve panic, rage or mental shutdown.

This is why I switch off sound and a lot of the visual effects. This is why the new(er) UI is a step backwards for me. This is why the new in-station animations and the billboards are offensive. This is why I really do prefer the old EVE that I fell in love with rather than the new EVE that is increasingly unpleasant to expose myself to.

I'm not alone. CCP built the success of this game off the support of many players like me, but now you're turning your backs on us. It's no wonder that your feedback threads look like this. It's not like we don't tell you how we feel, it's just you aren't getting the message.
Jared Tobin
Bloodstone Industries
B.S.I.
#169 - 2016-06-29 07:30:51 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:
Our focus with the settings menu right now is on reducing complexity, rather than adding it. Generally, we won't add a toggle for a new graphic feature unless it is too heavy for low-end machines, and even then we'd prefer to tie it to an existing setting.

However, your feedback about what you do or don't like about the docking animation can help direct future iteration on it, so if it bothers you, please let us know specifically why.


Specifically, after only playing for 2.5 hours tonight, this is my immediate response:

It honestly was making me (surprisingly) experience motion-sickness after seeing it 3 times.
After 2 hours, I had to look away.
It exacerbates itself when switching ships.
It also adds about 15-30 seconds of time before I am allowed to undock.
It was additionally "jarring" to my senses of visual motion from "left to right" to a sudden "right to left" forced camera perspective when I actually did UNdock.

Lastly, and most importantly: After quitting the game, I have been sitting here still feeling a very unexpected sense of "disorientation" in balance. Mind you, I'm not playing the game anymore. I'm sitting still, viewing a non-moving screen, in a stable, gravity-abiding desk in a room in a house. And though I do not experience "sea-sickness" or "motion-sickness", I am personally shocked that I actually AM FEELING PHYSICALLY UNBALANCED - neigh, slightly "almost sick but not quite".

I hope that was specific for you.

On behalf of a lot of people, but especially for my own health and balance:
Please give me the option to TURN OFF that ship motion animation.

As a paying customer, I would appreciate it.
Pumeia Taranogas
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#170 - 2016-06-29 07:39:10 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
7 pages in 12 hours and much of it requesting ONE (docking animations - ON / OFF) thing be altered.

Our focus with the settings menu right now is on reducing complexity, rather than adding it. Generally, we won't add a toggle for a new graphic feature unless it is too heavy for low-end machines, and even then we'd prefer to tie it to an existing setting.

However, your feedback about what you do or don't like about the docking animation can help direct future iteration on it, so if it bothers you, please let us know specifically why.


Thanks for those words of ignorance ^^ just unsubscriped all my accounts, enough is enough and that potion of arrogance is sick as ****....
Drago Shouna
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#171 - 2016-06-29 07:53:18 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
7 pages in 12 hours and much of it requesting ONE (docking animations - ON / OFF) thing be altered.

Our focus with the settings menu right now is on reducing complexity, rather than adding it. Generally, we won't add a toggle for a new graphic feature unless it is too heavy for low-end machines, and even then we'd prefer to tie it to an existing setting.

However, your feedback about what you do or don't like about the docking animation can help direct future iteration on it, so if it bothers you, please let us know specifically why.


Are you joking?

Did you bother to actually read the thread and the nausea issues it's causing a lot of players?

Did you bother reading the complaints about the camera?

Did you bother to digest the issues we have with swapping ships and the time it now takes?

You want to know specifically why? Because it's GARBAGE, and along with the idiot that thought it up, it should be dumped.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Kremlath
Cayman Finance
#172 - 2016-06-29 08:03:51 UTC
Please listen to the comments in this thread and remove this docking/undocking animation or allow us to disable it. It is not just very annoying and unnecessary, it is making some people feel physically sick, I among them. Seriously, this is quite a major issue. People feel they are being forced to endure something just because the developers are stubborn.


Good things -

The wallet funds indicator popups. Nice useful feature imo.
The tactical overview direction and speed arrows. Very nice to be able to see at a glance what ships are doing, this adds a lot to the tac overview.


Other bad additions -

The 'x amount added to next bounty' popup after killing rat. No need for this, just adds unnecessary info clogging up the screen. It's already easy to tell how much you're getting for the rat bounty, it's right there in targeting. Compare to the wallet popup.

Pumeia Taranogas
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#173 - 2016-06-29 08:08:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Pumeia Taranogas
Drago Shouna wrote:
CCP Darwin wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
7 pages in 12 hours and much of it requesting ONE (docking animations - ON / OFF) thing be altered.

Our focus with the settings menu right now is on reducing complexity, rather than adding it. Generally, we won't add a toggle for a new graphic feature unless it is too heavy for low-end machines, and even then we'd prefer to tie it to an existing setting.

However, your feedback about what you do or don't like about the docking animation can help direct future iteration on it, so if it bothers you, please let us know specifically why.


Are you joking?

Did you bother to actually read the thread and the nausea issues it's causing a lot of players?

Did you bother reading the complaints about the camera?

Did you bother to digest the issues we have with swapping ships and the time it now takes?

You want to know specifically why? Because it's GARBAGE, and along with the idiot that thought it up, it should be dumped.


All i can assume there is a bet goin on within the Dev Team who can come up with the Idea that **** up the most people at once. Otherwise i really can't explain this pure ignorance against their customer and playerbase and this stubborn refuse to recognize ANY feedback at all. I won't let me treat like **** anymore from CCP paying friggin 45€ to them per month. I never left since there was no alternative to EVE, not thats still true but the unique factor of EVE by now sadly became the arrogance of the developer.

Asking for "specific reason" why a feature is bad after tons of people just wrote that the 8 pages before...this must be a joke...it must be
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#174 - 2016-06-29 08:12:58 UTC
can I get a switch to turn off your new docking/undocking animation? Its annoying as ****!!!
Loan Survivor
Radzone
#175 - 2016-06-29 08:18:42 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
7 pages in 12 hours and much of it requesting ONE (docking animations - ON / OFF) thing be altered.

Our focus with the settings menu right now is on reducing complexity, rather than adding it. Generally, we won't add a toggle for a new graphic feature unless it is too heavy for low-end machines, and even then we'd prefer to tie it to an existing setting.

However, your feedback about what you do or don't like about the docking animation can help direct future iteration on it, so if it bothers you, please let us know specifically why.


The docking animation as implemented interrupts the game-play, forces a useless feature on the players and it breaks/interrupts the flow of the game while docked in station.

Docking animation should only happen once when ... guess what ... DOCKING!

Seeing the docking animation ONCE when actually docking is ok and fits well with the logical sequence of what's going on in-game.

Docking animation should NOT happen when changing ships. When the sequence kicks in it takes control away from the players just to display some meaningless animation. This actually gets nauseating when seen over and over and over. It completely messes up the camera angles and I have to go re-arrange the camera every time. (Waste of my time). And the fact that it can't be interrupted/disabled is just wrong. I think it's this aspect that's most annoying. It's ruining my experience of the game and there's nothing I can do about it!

Docking animation should also NOT happen when logging in to the game. Seeing this on log-in has made me think I've accidentally undocked. Not good!

Please change the trigger so the docking animation ONLY HAPPENS WHEN ACTUALLY DOCKING. Otherwise, allow it to be interrupted, or better still, remove it!
Gracea Blout
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#176 - 2016-06-29 08:20:00 UTC
HATE the docking animations. HATE HATE HATE. Please make it optional, or failing that....only when i dock a ship and not every time i switch ships in hanger. This is not welcome, or particularly immersive, it is just repetitive and annoying. Please make it go away.
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#177 - 2016-06-29 08:36:38 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
7 pages in 12 hours and much of it requesting ONE (docking animations - ON / OFF) thing be altered.

Our focus with the settings menu right now is on reducing complexity, rather than adding it. Generally, we won't add a toggle for a new graphic feature unless it is too heavy for low-end machines, and even then we'd prefer to tie it to an existing setting.
Noted, but keep in mind that the average EVE nerd wants more options, not less. Especially regarding the UI.

90% of player requests are of the 'please allow us to toggle this on/off' kind. So why not make your nice customers happy?

Players that aren't interested in options can simply ignore them, no biggy.

Animation every time you change your ship is a pain in the butt, anyone can see that. Just think of the times when you need to check 10 or 50 fittings, for example.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Rain6637
NulzSec
#178 - 2016-06-29 08:55:46 UTC
This is one of those times I have a really hard time typing in lowercase because it doesn't express how I feel about something like the way the undocking animation resets my zoom every time I undock. This is one of those ideas that sounds really good in a design meeting, but upon two or more uses becomes obvious as a mistake. It's tedious and I have to perform a repetitive action not just to fix it but to place my zoom at any zoom that is usable. I can't believe this type of thing is still going on, you'd expect this type of mistake to happen less often over time.
Rain6637
NulzSec
#179 - 2016-06-29 08:57:12 UTC
What I would like instead is an Overview animation that makes it sparkle as it appears, but resets my settings every time.
Top Yourself
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#180 - 2016-06-29 09:06:05 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
What I would like instead is an Overview animation that makes it sparkle as it appears, but resets my settings every time.

You joke, but that is what it's like for me now... as unlike the old overview, the new one doesn't support the settings I need.