These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[118.6] Serpentis Capitals

First post First post First post
Author
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#61 - 2016-06-23 13:58:38 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Soldarius wrote:
Midori Tsu wrote:
I really do hope the LP store is going to be the serpentis LP store, not concord or daily.


I think we can expect Serpentis ships to continue being available from Serpentis and Angel LP stores only.


serpentis ships are not available in angel lp stores, however can ccp confirm this if angel lp stores will have the serpentis caps when released


Are the angel cartel and the serpentis friendly-ish to each other? I thought the angel boats only come from the angel LP stores and the serpentis ships from the serpentis LP store.

And no, I haven't been in either of them. I only was in a blood raider station once and in a True Sansha one.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#62 - 2016-06-23 14:04:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
elitatwo wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Soldarius wrote:
Midori Tsu wrote:
I really do hope the LP store is going to be the serpentis LP store, not concord or daily.


I think we can expect Serpentis ships to continue being available from Serpentis and Angel LP stores only.


serpentis ships are not available in angel lp stores, however can ccp confirm this if angel lp stores will have the serpentis caps when released


Are the angel cartel and the serpentis friendly-ish to each other? I thought the angel boats only come from the angel LP stores and the serpentis ships from the serpentis LP store.

And no, I haven't been in either of them. I only was in a blood raider station once and in a True Sansha one.


well the Angels build the Serpentis ships and yes they are friendly (Serpentis pay Angels for protection). but currently angels do not have serpentis ships in lp store and vice versa.

Can imagine the capitals being a silly amount of lp to buy, Vindi =800k lp cant imagine how much a titan will cost (80mil lp??? lololol)

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Elyia Suze Nagala
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2016-06-24 00:19:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Elyia Suze Nagala
Role Bonus:
Can fit doomsday devices
Can fit Jump Portal Generator
Can fit Clone Vat Bay
Can use 3 Warfare Link modules simultaneously
1000% bonus to Capital Hybrid Turret damage

1000% bonus to Capital Hybrid Turret damage....

1000% ?!??!??!! ×6 Guns?? Oof

WTF?
Bobb Bobbington
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2016-06-24 00:50:09 UTC
Elyia Suze Nagala wrote:
Role Bonus:
Can fit doomsday devices
Can fit Jump Portal Generator
Can fit Clone Vat Bay
Can use 3 Warfare Link modules simultaneously
1000% bonus to Capital Hybrid Turret damage

1000% bonus to Capital Hybrid Turret damage....

1000% ?!??!??!! ×6 Guns?? Oof

WTF?


That is what allows titans to get dread-like damage bonuses without going into siege. I believe that normal titans get 900%.

This is a signature.

It has a 25m signature.

No it's not a cosmic signature.

Probably.

Btw my corp's recruiting.

Cade Windstalker
#65 - 2016-06-24 01:32:21 UTC
Bobb Bobbington wrote:
Elyia Suze Nagala wrote:
Role Bonus:
Can fit doomsday devices
Can fit Jump Portal Generator
Can fit Clone Vat Bay
Can use 3 Warfare Link modules simultaneously
1000% bonus to Capital Hybrid Turret damage

1000% bonus to Capital Hybrid Turret damage....

1000% ?!??!??!! ×6 Guns?? Oof

WTF?


That is what allows titans to get dread-like damage bonuses without going into siege. I believe that normal titans get 900%.


Yup, the Erebus gets 180% per Gallente Titan skill level. This thing gets that 1000% plus a 5% per level rate of fire bonus.
viverxia
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#66 - 2016-06-24 01:34:13 UTC
CCP Larrikin wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
Are we only getting these three or will there be a carrier to come later?


Just these three.


This is kind of disappointing, Any call on the reason behind this?
I was looking forward to seeing the Carrier :(
Ben Ishikela
#67 - 2016-06-24 09:22:56 UTC
10% bonus to Stasis Webification Burst Projector effectivness

WOW!!

Ideas are like Seeds. I'd chop fullgrown trees to start a fire.

Bobb Bobbington
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2016-06-24 21:18:14 UTC
Question to CCP:

Except for wormholes, what is the incentive to buy the faction dread that has to commit to a field without reps for 5 (10?) minutes when one could instead buy a regular supercarrier for the same price that has less of a chance of dieing?

This is a signature.

It has a 25m signature.

No it's not a cosmic signature.

Probably.

Btw my corp's recruiting.

Cade Windstalker
#69 - 2016-06-24 23:43:13 UTC
Bobb Bobbington wrote:
Question to CCP:

Except for wormholes, what is the incentive to buy the faction dread that has to commit to a field without reps for 5 (10?) minutes when one could instead buy a regular supercarrier for the same price that has less of a chance of dieing?


Pretty sure use-case is up to players to determine.

Someone, somewhere, will buy one of these things because it's just slightly better than a Moros.
Bobb Bobbington
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2016-06-24 23:57:05 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Bobb Bobbington wrote:
Question to CCP:

Except for wormholes, what is the incentive to buy the faction dread that has to commit to a field without reps for 5 (10?) minutes when one could instead buy a regular supercarrier for the same price that has less of a chance of dieing?


Pretty sure use-case is up to players to determine.

Someone, somewhere, will buy one of these things because it's just slightly better than a Moros.


Yea I'm sure that somewhere, people will use them simply because they can, and while players might find a role for them I'm more wondering what CCP actually intended them to be used for.

This is a signature.

It has a 25m signature.

No it's not a cosmic signature.

Probably.

Btw my corp's recruiting.

Cade Windstalker
#71 - 2016-06-25 00:15:41 UTC
Bobb Bobbington wrote:
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Bobb Bobbington wrote:
Question to CCP:

Except for wormholes, what is the incentive to buy the faction dread that has to commit to a field without reps for 5 (10?) minutes when one could instead buy a regular supercarrier for the same price that has less of a chance of dieing?


Pretty sure use-case is up to players to determine.

Someone, somewhere, will buy one of these things because it's just slightly better than a Moros.


Yea I'm sure that somewhere, people will use them simply because they can, and while players might find a role for them I'm more wondering what CCP actually intended them to be used for.


CCP generally don't have a specific intent for something. They'll have an idea, like you or I do about them getting used in wormholes or other niche roles, but they mostly leave these things to the players to figure out, because we will inevitably come up with something silly and/or crazy just by sheer number of brains that CCP never would.

Why do you think CCP needs a specific, and from what you're saying rather widespread, use-case for a new ship? Especially one that costs billions of ISK.
Bobb Bobbington
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2016-06-25 01:44:51 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Bobb Bobbington wrote:
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Bobb Bobbington wrote:
Question to CCP:

Except for wormholes, what is the incentive to buy the faction dread that has to commit to a field without reps for 5 (10?) minutes when one could instead buy a regular supercarrier for the same price that has less of a chance of dieing?


Pretty sure use-case is up to players to determine.

Someone, somewhere, will buy one of these things because it's just slightly better than a Moros.


Yea I'm sure that somewhere, people will use them simply because they can, and while players might find a role for them I'm more wondering what CCP actually intended them to be used for.


CCP generally don't have a specific intent for something. They'll have an idea, like you or I do about them getting used in wormholes or other niche roles, but they mostly leave these things to the players to figure out, because we will inevitably come up with something silly and/or crazy just by sheer number of brains that CCP never would.

Why do you think CCP needs a specific, and from what you're saying rather widespread, use-case for a new ship? Especially one that costs billions of ISK.



No no you don't get what I mean. I don't mean a specific intention, I mean in what way are they designed to have enough benefits over their counterparts to justify their use in any situation except for fringe cases? CCP wouldn't create an underpowered ship just because they think it'd be "cool" and then hope that the players can figure out a reason or two to justify using it, so I'm curious in what way they intend there to be justifiable benefits over other ships.

This is a signature.

It has a 25m signature.

No it's not a cosmic signature.

Probably.

Btw my corp's recruiting.

Cade Windstalker
#73 - 2016-06-25 02:28:02 UTC
Bobb Bobbington wrote:
No no you don't get what I mean. I don't mean a specific intention, I mean in what way are they designed to have enough benefits over their counterparts to justify their use in any situation except for fringe cases? CCP wouldn't create an underpowered ship just because they think it'd be "cool" and then hope that the players can figure out a reason or two to justify using it, so I'm curious in what way they intend there to be justifiable benefits over other ships.


They absolutely have a benefit, it's just not a cost effective one, and cost effective is not something these are supposed to be *at all*.

Cost is not a balance parameter. Hasn't been since Titan proliferation started.
Rek Seven
The Persuaders
#74 - 2016-06-27 09:06:32 UTC
30 billion for this new dread?! That it way overpriced!
Masterdant
Masterderizando
#75 - 2016-06-27 14:23:09 UTC
Masterdant wrote:
You go really crazy with Mats needed.

The Vehement Build Cost goes to 1,5 Normal MotherShip Build Costs, Vendetta goes to 1,5 of Titan and Vanquisher 4,5 times the cost of a Normal Titan.

And I didnt consider ME of T1 Caps, the Special Mats "Serpentis Modified Capital Microprocessor", LP Cost and ISK Cost of the BPC.

Can you confirm that those are not Final?


Sorry If I bump my own post, but is posible to have an answer on this?

Thanks
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#76 - 2016-06-27 14:29:42 UTC
I could swear I remember seeing one of those pirate factions also selling the other's ships and BPCs. But my memory is ass. So I could be wrong. Easy enough to check on sisi.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#77 - 2016-06-27 14:41:39 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
....
well the Angels build the Serpentis ships and yes they are friendly (Serpentis pay Angels for protection). but currently angels do not have serpentis ships in lp store and vice versa.

Can imagine the capitals being a silly amount of lp to buy, Vindi =800k lp cant imagine how much a titan will cost (80mil lp??? lololol)


Thank you, dear!

Well, they have more than a month to surprise us with Serpentis level 5 missions and a LP store price for them. Until then, you might get a copy of those, so go kill some Serpentis and angels as of tomorrow.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#78 - 2016-06-27 14:44:17 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
....
well the Angels build the Serpentis ships and yes they are friendly (Serpentis pay Angels for protection). but currently angels do not have serpentis ships in lp store and vice versa.

Can imagine the capitals being a silly amount of lp to buy, Vindi =800k lp cant imagine how much a titan will cost (80mil lp??? lololol)


Thank you, dear!

Well, they have more than a month to surprise us with Serpentis level 5 missions and a LP store price for them. Until then, you might get a copy of those, so go kill some Serpentis and angels as of tomorrow.


I dont kill angels or serpentis, rp and all that, allthough my recent surge of minmatar lvl 5's has tarnished my faction standings with them Blink dont tease with the lvl 5's!

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Syri Taneka
NOVA-CAINE
#79 - 2016-06-27 18:30:44 UTC
Wickedc wrote:
So +60 to warp core strength? Cause you get a +6 per level on the Gallente side, and the same bonus on the Minnie side per skill level as well... I mean, I get it. I really do. You're not suppose to have just a few people capable of holding this thing down, but dear Bob..

Gonna see that these are going to be OP as all get out.


The regular Titans are +50 at the high end. What's 10 more? Single HIC will give **** all either way = P
Muffinmixer
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2016-06-27 18:51:48 UTC
Will you implement an LP tax to make the BPCs easier to obtain? As in, not just a multi-month farming ordeal for a single individual pilot that has to make 10+ mil LP to afford the BPC?

Will you be seeding more L4 agents for the Serpentis as well? Currently, they only have three security L4 agents in the entire game, which is going to be a serious problem for anyone who wants to farm those upcoming Armor implants. This is at odds with other factions like the Guristas "god race" who has like 7 agents between two stations just 3 jumps from each other in Venal. Even the Angel Cartel has twice as many L4 agents in Phoenix, Fountain, than the Serpentis do, and that's supposed to be the Serpentis home constellation.