These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Was the destruction of Nouvelle Rouvenor necessary?

Author
Sinti Vailatti
Angelis Exploration
#41 - 2016-06-01 20:18:10 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:

If you speak of anything, it's not hinmoniaa, but a shameless gallente propaganda from the mouth of a primitive tribal, who will never be able to understand us. Yes, I am not one of YOU, I am not a primitive tribal like minmatars. I am Caldari.

And if you dare to question my honor, at least do in in space in your ship. My honor, unlike yours, is not stained. Would you like to prove yours by meeting me in combat, or you just prefer barking like toothless gallentean petdog on forums?



Watch it with the Matari insults *****-face.

At least we "primitive tribals" have free access to our homeworld. What do you have?





“Where must we go...we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?”

Anataine Deva
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2016-06-01 20:49:23 UTC
Jason Galente wrote:
Your approach works better, but mine is more fun.
There is no place for toying around when innocent lives are at risk.

I noticed the desperate attempts of Miss Kim, to provoke Gallenteans for a reaction which may prove her ridiculous theories right. Fortunately without much success.

Maybe I should go now, watch a holo reel and have some fun the gallentean way. One person pillow fight in my captains quartier! - Take that Miss Kim!

Give The BIG Lottery a try (it's conform with the EULA) and me your Fedos!

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#43 - 2016-06-01 21:56:02 UTC
Sinti Vailatti wrote:

Watch it with the Matari insults *****-face.

At least we "primitive tribals" have free access to our homeworld. What do you have?


We have our honor and dignity, because we didn't degrade ourselves to serve oppressors like cattle in slavery.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Stitcher
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#44 - 2016-06-01 22:11:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Sinti Vailatti wrote:
[quote=Diana Kim]Watch it with the Matari insults *****-face.

At least we "primitive tribals" have free access to our homeworld. What do you have?


Come on, there's no need for that. Some of us are on your side.

Kim meanwhile is basically the dumbest thing the Winds ever allowed to live, so... y'know, maybe start by assuming that whatever Caldari are generally like, we're very different from her.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#45 - 2016-06-01 22:21:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Deitra Vess
Sinti Vailatti wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

If you speak of anything, it's not hinmoniaa, but a shameless gallente propaganda from the mouth of a primitive tribal, who will never be able to understand us. Yes, I am not one of YOU, I am not a primitive tribal like minmatars. I am Caldari.

And if you dare to question my honor, at least do in in space in your ship. My honor, unlike yours, is not stained. Would you like to prove yours by meeting me in combat, or you just prefer barking like toothless gallentean petdog on forums?



Watch it with the Matari insults *****-face.

At least we "primitive tribals" have free access to our homeworld. What do you have?






They were given back their homeworld. They can return at any point, to the planet that was returned to them due to charity not combat.
Stitcher
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#46 - 2016-06-01 22:32:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Sorry, we must be talking about different homeworlds. Ours is Caldari Prime. You know? The one that was retaken after a full-scale invasion, the ransoming of Gallente Prime, several years of tense occupation and finally the violent de-orbiting of a titan that did permanent geological damage to a spiritually significant mountain range?

That's the one we're talking about.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#47 - 2016-06-01 22:49:31 UTC
James Syagrius
Reclamation
#48 - 2016-06-01 22:52:51 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
... y'know, maybe start by assuming that whatever Caldari are generally like, we're very different from her.

Oh, I don’t know the, ‘they are all like her,’ narrative helps some agendas very nicely.

Goodness knows those of us on the conservative side of Federal politics are grateful for her continual contributions.
Stitcher
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#49 - 2016-06-01 23:23:44 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:


Riiight, because that handover totally happened out of the goodness of the Federation's heart and not because of the river of blood that got spilled in persuading them we were serious about retaking it...

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

TomHorn
Doomheim
#50 - 2016-06-02 00:05:06 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:


Riiight, because that handover totally happened out of the goodness of the Federation's heart and not because of the river of blood that got spilled in persuading them we were serious about retaking it...


Alot more that needs to be done Stitcher. The CEP needs to bring about the end of the Gallente zones on Caldari Prime. My organisations fund the Breakfast for children programme in the Gallente zones and we see whats going on there.

We Caldari are in danger. Gallente fascist hordes attack Caldari women and children in the their homes in the Gallente zones. The Gallente fascist hordes are planning a genocide for the Caldari in the Gallente zones on Caldari Prime. CEP needs to take action now to avert a catastrophe in the Federation controlled zones on Caldari Prime.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#51 - 2016-06-02 00:19:31 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:


Riiight, because that handover totally happened out of the goodness of the Federation's heart and not because of the river of blood that got spilled in persuading them we were serious about retaking it...

Let's think of this logically, obviously it wasn't an act of good will, that we can agree on. This "river of blood" proving you were serious about taking it? Like Tom said, they supposedly "kill women and children," I strongly doubt they'd care about your resolve or losses. It was all a diplomatic victory, it also was denial of a major victory (getting your homeworld back by force, vengeance, whatever) for your people as well.
Stitcher
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#52 - 2016-06-02 00:21:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Horn, nobody ever suggested that reclaiming Home was going to be a smooth ride.

I'm sure you have your theories about how best to move forward, there. Me, I don't think I have enough information for an informed opinion. I'm out of the loop and I trust Ishukone and the Legion to know what they're doing.

I will advise you against flinging around the word "fascist" to describe the mobile public, though. It has a very specific meaning, referring to a form of centralized government with unlimited power where business and labor are controlled by the government and no opposition is permitted.

By definition therefore a mob of civilians cannot be fascist. Lynch mobs and rape gangs are their own separate category of terrible and condemnible thing.

It's important to understand the other side's rationale - and there is always a rationale, even if it's an awful and illogical one. Inaccurately throwing a word like "fascist" at civilian rioters gets you no closer to understanding why they're doing what they do, nor any closer to knowing under what circumstances they would stop.

Deitra Vess wrote:
It was all a diplomatic victory, it also was denial of a major victory (getting your homeworld back by force, vengeance, whatever) for your people as well.


It was a diplomatic outcome, sure. Not only do I agree on that score, I'm grateful for it. Truly lasting solutions should be diplomatic in nature, and usually are.

But if you think that the diplomatic process would have properly and fairly begun without the violence then I'm afraid I must consider you deluded at worst and profoundly naive at best. We tried negotiating for two hundred years prior to that point, and got nowhere.

In the end, it was violence that got the ball rolling. Don't pretend that this was all a big gesture of Federation goodwill. We had to DRAG them to the negotiating table.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Jason Galente
Hole Punchers
Drifters Stole My Local
#53 - 2016-06-02 03:23:56 UTC
Anataine Deva wrote:
Jason Galente wrote:
Your approach works better, but mine is more fun.
There is no place for toying around when innocent lives are at risk.

I noticed the desperate attempts of Miss Kim, to provoke Gallenteans for a reaction which may prove her ridiculous theories right. Fortunately without much success.

Maybe I should go now, watch a holo reel and have some fun the gallentean way. One person pillow fight in my captains quartier! - Take that Miss Kim!


You'd make an excellent Hordeling.

Our home is called the Pillow Fortizar.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Aradina Varren
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#54 - 2016-06-02 03:55:11 UTC
This thread had such promise. Now it's racists and historical revisionists.

Diana, your first post was actually kind of sane. It seemed to be attempting to provoke a discussion in a reasonable fashion. Why did you have to ruin it by Kimming so hard?

You have a habit of making points that I can agree with only to then add some racist crap to the end. It makes it really hard to agree with any of your points or argue on your side, even when I partially agree with what you say.

Surprisingly though, you aren't the worst person in this thread. Shocking, I know.

I don't hate the Gallente, I have no reason to. I do dislike the Federation. I dislike the Federation because they've committed a number of terrible acts both recently and in the distant past, and they refuse to even accept responsibility. The Federation mistreated the Caldari until the Caldari left, they blamed the Caldari for leaving. The Federation went to war against the Caldari because the Caldari left the Federation and because of the actions of a group that the State condemned. The Federation bombed Caldari Prime in retribution for a bombing on Caldari Prime by a group that the Government of Caldari Prime condemned. The Federation forced the Caldari away from their home with an overwhelming military force because the Caldari couldn't be trusted because the Caldari left the Federation.

The Federation occupied Caldari Prime for two hundred years. This is acceptable. The Federation is not at fault as the Caldari had it coming.

Why is it that when the Federation does all of that, it's okay. But when the State retaliates Gallente everywhere start crying for peace? The Federation starts to lose, and suddenly the Caldari are just being warmongers. You Caldari just need to calm down! Innocents are suffering! War is unnecessary! Why do you hold a grudge for something that happened two hundred years ago(and lasted until very recenly)?! Why don't you Caldari ever consider peace!?

We don't consider peace because the Federation has no interest in peace. They've demonstrated that. They love war, it drives their narcissism. When they do something terrible to their foes it's just a horror of war. They had to do it. They had to break the peace and attack Caldari Prime. That Titan was going to shoot at the planet and kill innocent people if we attacked it so we attacked it to stop it from doing that which it would have done if we attacked it. We had to kill millions of people and cause further irreparable damage to a planet we should have nothing to do with because if we attacked they would have done it anyway which they didn't end up doing because we attacked it before we could attack it. Do you honestly believe that excuse? They knew it was a bluff. A bluff that came from the need to protect a planet from a considerably larger military force with minimal casualties. We knew that the Federation could easily take the planet back if they wanted to, mainly because they did it in the past.

"The Federation gave Caldari prime back! Why aren't you grateful?" Do you even listen to yourself? I'd say have some empathy but if you actually did you'd biomass yourself and I don't think suicide is ever a good solution.

The Gallente in this thread are shining examples of Federation citizens. They're scrambling for the moral high ground but seem to have forgotten that they crashed a Titan into it. It's disgusting.

Feels Pretty Soft to Me.

Karina Ivanovich
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#55 - 2016-06-02 04:13:35 UTC
I don't know you. But well said. The Caldari State has done many things against the Gallente. But, most if not all of those acts have been either in self defence or acts of total desperation.

Some call me insane. If the universe is sane, then I embrace that label.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#56 - 2016-06-02 04:20:41 UTC
Stitcher wrote:

Kim meanwhile is basically the dumbest thing the Winds ever allowed to live.

I will greatly appreciate if you, Stitcher, will stop projecting your mental qualities on me. If you fail to understand basic logic it doesn't mean I can't.

Now begone and let people discuss history without your dumb trolling.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#57 - 2016-06-02 04:25:51 UTC
Aradina Varren wrote:

"The Federation gave Caldari prime back! Why aren't you grateful?" Do you even listen to yourself? I'd say have some empathy but if you actually did you'd biomass yourself and I don't think suicide is ever a good solution.

Actually, Federation "gave" Caldari Prime back only after we have liberated it 10 June YC110. President Souro Foiritan signed the treaty that Caldari Prime becomes territory of Caldari State.

And of course we are grateful for that. But not for gallentes or Foiritan, but for Tibus Heth who actually did something.

Oh, and returning back to gallente... that treaty they have signed didn't stop them from invading Caldari Prime again in YC115 with their "operation Highlander". Do you want to sign more treaties with gallente? I don't.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Anataine Deva
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2016-06-02 06:18:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Anataine Deva
Jason Galente wrote:
You'd make an excellent Hordeling.
No I would not.

Jason Galente wrote:
Our home is called the Pillow Fortizar.
=)

Give The BIG Lottery a try (it's conform with the EULA) and me your Fedos!

Karina Ivanovich
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#59 - 2016-06-02 06:31:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Karina Ivanovich
Anataine Deva wrote:
Jason Galente wrote:
You'd make an excellent Hordeling.
No I would not.

Jason Galente wrote:
Our home is called the Pillow Fortizar.
=)


Don't sell yourself short. Horedlings are like birds. Ugly as hell until they grow up, and then they all look extremely different from each other. And some (Khan Kimpachi) remain sadly ugly...

Edit for clarification: Not calling you ugly, I'm saying anybody can be a Hordling.

Some call me insane. If the universe is sane, then I embrace that label.

Anataine Deva
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2016-06-02 06:44:32 UTC
Karina Ivanovich wrote:
Anataine Deva wrote:
Jason Galente wrote:
You'd make an excellent Hordeling.
No I would not.

Jason Galente wrote:
Our home is called the Pillow Fortizar.
=)


Don't sell yourself short. Horedlings are like birds. Ugly as hell until they grow up, and then they all look extremely different from each other. And some (Khan Kimpachi) remain sadly ugly...

Edit for clarification: Not calling you ugly, I'm saying anybody can be a Hordling.
Well said but I'm not anybody.

Give The BIG Lottery a try (it's conform with the EULA) and me your Fedos!