These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Anti-Pirate Patrols Suppressing Pirate Activities.

Author
Svenjabi Xiang
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#201 - 2012-01-03 18:57:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Svenjabi Xiang
Delilah Wild wrote:

In the main though, most of the major pirate groups have all fallen before us, and generally run, pos up or dock when we are about. Negative Ten, Mean, The Chupas, Tempest Legion, Black Rebel Rifters, The Obsidian Front, Moira, Darklings, and so on.

Far be it for me to rain on anyone's marketting, but on at least three counts, I belive you need to correct your claims as they bear no relevance to the situation as it actually exists.

1.) Negative Ten. Still have daily fleets and healthily camp the rancer pipe as they have for years. Perhaps you may have confused the recent low numbers as pilots took time away to be with planetside relatives.

2.) Moira. The reasons can certainly be debated, but these have gone to Black Rise, not "fallen". Claiming to have beaten a combatant that moved to a new engagement zone and motif is probably exageration to the point that it needs to have been pointed out.

3.) The Obsydian Front. There are two errors here. First, and probably most important, while I understand why and how these ended up on your list of "criminals", they are certainly not pirates and have been exmplary partners in opening Matar space to industrial traffic through the liberal policy regarding customs tarrifs and we've found them to be respectful of independants and non-agressive traffic. Secondly, they are far an away not "fallen", in fact, seemingly thriving and growing, as I travel about, despite your efforts.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#202 - 2012-01-03 19:03:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Onictus
Ynot Eyob wrote:
Ya our hulks and macks in high sec run from being ganked by the "COA" for pirating ore.

COA is a joke!

Whatever, you never would have been on the radar if you fools didn't try to pick off every pilot you could swarm under in Otou.

COA never pirated ****, if you had a hulk running in hi-sec it was kill rights.
Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#203 - 2012-01-03 19:06:21 UTC
Good lord. This thread is still going. The pirate tears are amazing in this thread. And so are their ability to rationalize why anti-pirating won't succeed in the future.

Anyway, it's good for everyone to see new content and angles so I support the OPs initiatives regardless if it's sustainable or not.

The argument that the OP's coalition is to give a good fight is irrelevant. Their job is eliminate or reduce piracy in the region at any costs. That's the 'role, they play'. Conversely, no one blames pirates for banding together and trying to oust the anti-pirates. We've all seen this happen time and time again.

You have new neighbors who infringe on your territory. If you don't have a strong enough crew, then you get on the batphone and call up your blues to help out. So it's funny for people to come into this thread and accuse the anti-pirates of doing the same exact thing that others have always done to ensure survival.

If we continue along the roleplaying theme that the anti-pirates are the good guys (cops) and the pirates are the bad guys(convicts, lowlifes, etc.) , then do you expect cops to give a good fight to thugs on the street? Of course not. They're gonna bring their boys and blob you to death.

That's life. C'est la eve.

inb4 rationalization ensues...

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

ConranAntoni
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#204 - 2012-01-03 21:07:23 UTC  |  Edited by: ConranAntoni
This thread is going places.

Empyrean Warriors - Recruiting now.

MobyMule
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#205 - 2012-01-03 22:09:23 UTC
Glad to see alot of my old friends in Molden Heath still alive and well. I look forward to a new year with what I hope will be alot of good pvp in minnie space.

Love seeing Molden Heath getting some love on the forums.
Amun Khonsu
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#206 - 2012-01-04 11:41:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Amun Khonsu
Svenjabi Xiang wrote:
Delilah Wild wrote:

In the main though, most of the major pirate groups have all fallen before us, and generally run, pos up or dock when we are about. Negative Ten, Mean, The Chupas, Tempest Legion, Black Rebel Rifters, The Obsidian Front, Moira, Darklings, and so on.

Far be it for me to rain on anyone's marketting, but on at least three counts, I belive you need to correct your claims as they bear no relevance to the situation as it actually exists.

1.) Negative Ten. Still have daily fleets and healthily camp the rancer pipe as they have for years. Perhaps you may have confused the recent low numbers as pilots took time away to be with planetside relatives.

2.) Moira. The reasons can certainly be debated, but these have gone to Black Rise, not "fallen". Claiming to have beaten a combatant that moved to a new engagement zone and motif is probably exageration to the point that it needs to have been pointed out.

3.) The Obsydian Front. There are two errors here. First, and probably most important, while I understand why and how these ended up on your list of "criminals", they are certainly not pirates and have been exmplary partners in opening Matar space to industrial traffic through the liberal policy regarding customs tarrifs and we've found them to be respectful of independants and non-agressive traffic. Secondly, they are far an away not "fallen", in fact, seemingly thriving and growing, as I travel about, despite your efforts.

I will say this, I was in a COA fleet with 12 members BC down which came up against a 20+ member BS heavy fleet (no prop mods lol) of Neg Ten last month. They dropped caps and as soon as their carriers where out of triage they abandoned the field leaving us to loot the wrecks (half theirs half ours). I'd say COA power has been sufficiently projected to many pirate groups as Del indicated.

So, point number one you made here is moot.

Point number three, OF may not have a load of -10 sec status members, but they do actively pirate when in low sec.

Fight them until turmoil is no more and strike terror into their hearts. www.ross-fw.net

Ynot Eyob
Nisroc Angels
The Obsidian Front - Reborn
#207 - 2012-01-04 12:55:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ynot Eyob
Amun Khonsu wrote:

Point number three, OF may not have a load of -10 sec status members, but they do actively pirate when in low sec.

Can you say none, and only fairly few with even a negative sec.

But you are right we do kill people in low sec for our resons, mabe because we have marked their corp or alliance as pirates, or because they have been marked KOS due some null sec issues.

There were stated, we were on a draw back... No we are not, Star Fraction handles otou just fine leaving us to others areas to handle, as an example you would have seen our 60 man fleet passing Amo last night, and most likely again tonight.

Why so big numbers.. Well some have marked us as pirates and will ruin their security status to ganking us.

Negative Ten..
Havnt changes a bit the past 6 months, and yes they bring out their carriers now and again regardless if its a frigate or a BS. Is it COA who have done what ever work, i doubt, we have been hitting Neg Ten many nights, and use brigde blobing in Rancer, no wounder if they dubble check whats incomming.

Space Police..
Use to be up for a good fight, but have for some reson started to use PL as blob in.. I lost respect for that.
I belive they are growing atm, last iv checked some well known people joined them, but they do tend to stay in Hagilur and fight EVE Uni in dudreda for the fun of it.. Where are COA here? Nothing have changed..

Mean Corp..
Again a know pirate corp in Gus.. COAs work, i doubt, we roam trough those system every week, last i past i got a comment in local from Commander that they didnt wana fight us as we were to organized.

Gun Diplomacy..
Last i checked i saw 6 Macharials as normal in and around Bosena. Could we catch them, no.. Did COA catch them.. I havnt see the kills..

Rifter Rebel..
Still good for a fight, but they do know how to mark down who the "Blobers" are, and i belive for all become hard to get a good fight with. COAs work, i doubt you are just marked as blobers as everyone else in bigger fleets..

Regarding everything in and around Otou, i have no doubt it has to do with our good friends Star Fraction and their good work for free space for all, open stations and 0 low tax rates

Nisroc - Angel of Freedom Nisroc is known as "The Great Eagle".

Kmelx
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#208 - 2012-01-04 14:25:29 UTC
Amun Khonsu wrote:
I will say this, I was in a COA fleet with 12 members BC down which came up against a 20+ member BS heavy fleet (no prop mods lol) of Neg Ten last month. They dropped caps and as soon as their carriers where out of triage they abandoned the field leaving us to loot the wrecks (half theirs half ours). I'd say COA power has been sufficiently projected to many pirate groups as Del indicated.

So, point number one you made here is moot.

On the topic of Neg 10 after they left the field in that fight Amun mentioned (yes 20 man BS fleet with triage archon in support) left the field. They sent a non outlaw toon out to scan our fits when we were looting the field (lol wtf).

They stayed docked and stabbed their 20 man armour battleship fleet (yes you read that right the first time the pirate gang docked and used warp core stabs on their BS) then ran a couple of systems away and hid in a POS from our mostly armour cruiser fleet.

The engagement before that COA had with Neg 10 they lost three carriers and a Kronos amongst other ships, one carrier to our fleet and the other two carriers self destructed rather than die to our fleet and give up loss mails.

Neg 10 are unbelievably risk averse, I've only very rarely seen them leave Rancer in the year or so I've flown in and around Matari low sec, they always have scouts out in both directions watching for incoming fleets when they've camping or moving, when I've been in fleets who have gone into Rancer they dock or hide in their POS, they aren't interested in pew in my opinion they're mostly just interested in cheap ganks on passing traffic.

On TOF and their alleged non piracy, they don't just shoot their own reds, they're not averse to shooting anything they think will give them a shiney kill, which is one reason among many that COA has issues with them.
Sparkus Volundar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#209 - 2012-01-04 16:12:00 UTC
Kmelx wrote:
On TOF and their alleged non piracy, they don't just shoot their own reds, they're not averse to shooting anything they think will give them a shiney kill, which is one reason among many that COA has issues with them.

This is unfortunately the main reason for me, personally. I and others in the COA understand OF like to hunt pirates but it's a shame that commendable desire can't be tempered with a willingness to pull back from a juicy neutral gang when pirate activity is low. Maybe those days are behind OF but it's the contemporary perception that many in the COA has of the OF.

I don't expect OF to change their RoE just because others don't agree with them but the COA naturally take the RoE of others in Empire space into consideration when setting standings. That said, I'm pretty sure Conrad and yourself know I'd be the first to welcome such a change and that I would start bending Del's ear accordingly. Del might prefer no change to that, of course Big smile

Regards,
Sparks

Dirty Protagonist
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#210 - 2012-01-05 04:03:39 UTC
Ynot Eyob wrote:
Amun Khonsu wrote:

Can you say none, and only fairly few with even a negative sec.

But you are right we do kill people in low sec for our resons, mabe because we have marked their corp or alliance as pirates, or because they have been marked KOS due some null sec issues.

There were stated, we were on a draw back... No we are not, Star Fraction handles otou just fine leaving us to others areas to handle, as an example you would have seen our 60 man fleet passing Amo last night, and most likely again tonight.

Why so big numbers.. Well some have marked us as pirates and will ruin their security status to ganking us.

Negative Ten..
Havnt changes a bit the past 6 months, and yes they bring out their carriers now and again regardless if its a frigate or a BS. Is it COA who have done what ever work, i doubt, we have been hitting Neg Ten many nights, and use brigde blobing in Rancer, no wounder if they dubble check whats incomming.

Space Police..
Use to be up for a good fight, but have for some reson started to use PL as blob in.. I lost respect for that.
I belive they are growing atm, last iv checked some well known people joined them, but they do tend to stay in Hagilur and fight EVE Uni in dudreda for the fun of it.. Where are COA here? Nothing have changed..

Mean Corp..
Again a know pirate corp in Gus.. COAs work, i doubt, we roam trough those system every week, last i past i got a comment in local from Commander that they didnt wana fight us as we were to organized.

Gun Diplomacy..
Last i checked i saw 6 Macharials as normal in and around Bosena. Could we catch them, no.. Did COA catch them.. I havnt see the kills..

Rifter Rebel..
Still good for a fight, but they do know how to mark down who the "Blobers" are, and i belive for all become hard to get a good fight with. COAs work, i doubt you are just marked as blobers as everyone else in bigger fleets..

Regarding everything in and around Otou, i have no doubt it has to do with our good friends Star Fraction and their good work for free space for all, open stations and 0 low tax rates

the goggles are really only here to help when we're piloting at MACH~~ speeds~

buttes~

xxxAlloxxx
Better Off Red
Unspoken Alliance.
#211 - 2012-01-05 04:43:41 UTC
1.) cba to qoute it atm but someone said "Gunpoint brought the hammer", Thank you sir Big smile

2.) @ynot - we actualy havent used the machs in a while. Maybe peek at our killboard some time ^.^

3.) Butts Butts Butts Butts Butts

TetraHydroC https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=453962

In Game Chat: 420 Pub chat

Kaeda Maxwell
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#212 - 2012-01-05 09:28:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaeda Maxwell
Onictus wrote:

You guys were fun to shoot at, though I never understood your reliance on frigates.

We enjoy flying them! Do you need any other reason? :-)

Remember this is lowsec we don't have space to 'defend' with a couple of instant undock bookmarks, and bar ultra fast locking gatecamps frigates can pretty much pick an choose their engagements and nobody is going to 'evict you from a station'.

We're also 'solo-centric' we're not like Gunpoint, Shadow Cartel or Hatchery a corp that does pirate gangs a lot. If you jump a battlecruiser solo into a proper lowsec camp chances are you're gonna loose it, or at least aren't going to travel that way until the camp clears off. In a frigate you just ignore the camp an carry on with your day ;-)
Amun Khonsu
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#213 - 2012-01-05 11:44:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Amun Khonsu
Ynot Eyob wrote:

. Well some have marked us as pirates and will ruin their security status to ganking us.

Well, i didnt say OF are pirates, but you guys certainly sacrifice sec status for a nuetral kill :) Maybe not a policy of piracy but acts of piracy make me wonder why OF sits on the fence.

Fight them until turmoil is no more and strike terror into their hearts. www.ross-fw.net

Kaeda Maxwell
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#214 - 2012-01-05 12:08:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaeda Maxwell
Ynot Eyob wrote:

Rifter Rebel..

Well you see that's it >=85% of the time a 'bigger fleet' constitutes any number higher then 1.

We do small gangs on occasion, but even then the biggest we've ever had was 13 Rifters and this happened exactly once. And then it was you know Rifters (the 10 that survived long enough that time all died to the E-UNI fleet I mentioned earlier).

And 2-3 is the norm at other times (the remaining 15% or so when we're not just solo) unless one of us organized something. And quite often our pilots will happily engage solo vs 2 or 3 (have a look a t Miura Bull's, Saftsuze's or Ilik Tanikalot's boards if you want to see examples Pirate

Solo you'll get a fight out of our guys pretty much always unless you 're notorious for flying some überfaggotry fit or for breaking 1vs1's.
And if you're not sure if one of our guys is solo ask for a 1vs1 in local if you get a no or it goes unanswered well then he/she isn't alone :P
Titus Veridius
Calamitous-Intent
#215 - 2012-01-05 12:46:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Titus Veridius
December 2011
Titus Veridius: 169 Ships killed (27.51B ISK) 17 Ships lost (1.61B ISK) 94.48% Efficiency (ISK)
Coalition of Anti-Pirates: 241 Ships killed (28.07B ISK) 119 Ships lost (12.53B ISK) 69.15% Efficiency (ISK)
Gunpoint Diplomacy: 842 Ships killed (92.94B ISK) 229 Ships lost (21.72B ISK) 81.06% Efficiency (ISK)

http://ransm.killmail.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11816603 (Last Combined COA operation I observed in Dec, MH)
http://ransm.killmail.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11875631 (Last BCA (COA? Affiliate?) roam I observed Dec, MH)
http://ransm.killmail.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11838732 (The Last Ivy League Fleet Roam I observed in Dec, MH)

Quote:
As above, Gunpoint Diplomacy alliance lost vast numbers of pilots. Once 50 strong they now are about half the size. Some of them have even moved into Bosena solar system for more safety and closer high secure access to space. They will often run from our forces and then mock us when they bring equal forces or bigger ships and we move to the safety of high secure space. Security status hurts hurgh?

Mission 100% success.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k77/JohnGalt_/joke.jpg
Delilah Wild
Concordokken Holdings
#216 - 2012-01-05 16:46:47 UTC
Titus, that is indeed an impressive number of non-combat kills you are racking up. But please, put your auto cannon back where it belongs.

Cheers

Founder, Coalition of Anti-Pirates

ale rico
Slow Chidlren at Play
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#217 - 2012-01-05 19:52:23 UTC
http://killboard.coalitionofantipirates.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9126

just one of the many times OF and ynot have gcc'ed on COA. They even dropped 3 carriers that day.
Dirty Protagonist
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#218 - 2012-01-05 20:04:23 UTC
Delilah Wild wrote:
Titus, that is indeed an impressive number of non-combat kills you are racking up. But please, put your auto cannon back where it belongs.

Cheers

yeah titus. you gutless prick. destroying 92b isk worth of "non-combat" ships

what the **** does that even mean? is deliilah wild a neonxgreen alt? will titus ever admit his true love of blasters? can the genos spies overcome their differences to put an end to this madness in time to save christmas?

~STAY TUNED~

buttes~

Kmelx
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#219 - 2012-01-05 20:39:15 UTC
Titus Veridius wrote:
December 2011
http://ransm.killmail.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=11816603 (Last Combined COA operation I observed in Dec, MH)

Top link: From the COA kill board for the same engagement for the top one you linked showing COA losses and kills in that fight:

http://killboard.coalitionofantipirates.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9650

The majority of the people you killed on your board weren't in COA, nor were they in our fleet or on our coms, COA was not responsible for their fleet composition, or their tactical decision to warp their entire fleet to zero on your fleet, nor were we responsible for their fits or the fact that they pretty much all died. Their FC made a spur of the moment call and it was a bad one, their fleet paid the price for it.

You guys might have kicked their asses, but you inflicted minimal damage on the COA forces on the field and we inflicted heavy damage on your fleet, held the field and looted your wrecks.

http://killboard.coalitionofantipirates.com/?a=corp_detail&crp_id=21 - COA's stats against Gunboat Diplomacy from our board.

Anyway enough of this killboard epeenery - moar pointless and confusing smack, about buttes if possible!!

ConranAntoni
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#220 - 2012-01-05 20:43:59 UTC
This is quite literally the worst thread on EvEO forums right now, and I just read a thread about the mathematics of inserting an XL AM charge into ones anus. It's literally that bad.

Empyrean Warriors - Recruiting now.