These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Why does a corp want my api?

Author
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#141 - 2016-05-12 19:19:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Kieron VonDeux wrote:
But so many ask for full non expiry that you can't delete while in Corp which creates a lot of risk.

How many is "so many"?

Is this the same as how common it is to ask for RL information?

From what I have seen, very few require non-expiring full API. Many ask for a full API at recruitment, but then do nothing with it afterwards.

So how widely are you now claiming it is to use non-expiring full APIs?

You were wrong with your wild claims earlier in the thread. Have you actually verified this one?

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Kieron VonDeux
#142 - 2016-05-12 19:25:00 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
You were wrong with your wild claims earlier in the thread. Have you actually verified this one?


Your assumption of this is incorrect.


Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#143 - 2016-05-12 19:25:34 UTC
most ive been in/applied for have required non expiring as they are usually in the forum/website sofware which in turn i think gives you automated teamspeak rights and any other 3rd party tools they may have.

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#144 - 2016-05-12 19:32:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Kieron VonDeux wrote:
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
You were wrong with your wild claims earlier in the thread. Have you actually verified this one?


Your assumption of this is incorrect.



Oh, so you are still claiming you were correct when you claimed it is common to ask for RL information, then changed that to its becoming more common and then finally to its not common but you'll hear whispers of it?

How can all those be true at the same time?

You went down that path already and could not back up what you said. It was just simply false. So there's no point rehashing it again (unless you have actual evidence to add).

So let's go for 0:2 from you then, because "so many" implies quite a lot. Just want to get a handle for what you mean by that claim.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Kieron VonDeux
#145 - 2016-05-12 19:58:33 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Kieron VonDeux wrote:
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
You were wrong with your wild claims earlier in the thread. Have you actually verified this one?


Your assumption of this is incorrect.



Oh, so you are still claiming you were correct when you claimed it is common to ask for RL information, then changed that to its becoming more common and then finally to its not common but you'll hear whispers of it?

How can all those be true at the same time?

You went down that path already and could not back up what you said. It was just simply false. So there's no point rehashing it again (unless you have actual evidence to add).

So let's go for 0:2 from you then, because "so many" implies quite a lot. Just want to get a handle for what you mean by that claim.



I suppose I could have used "less unusual" rather than "more common place" in order to say that while it still looks to be uncommon, it is certainly appears to be becoming more common than it has been in the past.

Also, please let me know the post where it says specifically it was "common" so I can correct it. My proof reader has been out sick lately and I may have missed that.



Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#146 - 2016-05-12 20:06:46 UTC
Kieron VonDeux wrote:
I suppose I could have used "less unusual" rather than "more common place" in order to say that while it still looks to be uncommon, it is certainly appears to be becoming more common than it has been in the past.

Oh god. Unless you want to back your claim up with actual evidence, changing the language doesn't make it any more true. It's still just s baseless claim and rehashing it is pointless. Only evidence could be worth any reason to bring it up again.

However, now you're claiming that so many Corps require non-expiring full API. Just trying to get a handle on what you mean by "so many" because without any qualification, it sort of seems like quite a lot. Just want to know if you have actually verified this claim and to what extent this is really occurring.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Kieron VonDeux
#147 - 2016-05-12 21:34:46 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Kieron VonDeux wrote:
I suppose I could have used "less unusual" rather than "more common place" in order to say that while it still looks to be uncommon, it is certainly appears to be becoming more common than it has been in the past.

Oh god. Unless you want to back your claim up with actual evidence, changing the language doesn't make it any more true. It's still just s baseless claim and rehashing it is pointless. Only evidence could be worth any reason to bring it up again.

However, now you're claiming that so many Corps require non-expiring full API. Just trying to get a handle on what you mean by "so many" because without any qualification, it sort of seems like quite a lot. Just want to know if you have actually verified this claim and to what extent this is really occurring.


-I'm not the only one who has talked about the issue with Corps wanting RL information and your obsessive need to be given hard proof before it apparently can be discussed when you will never be given it makes this more of an issue than it currently is. This is a discussion not a court of law.

-In regard to what "so many' means, it means a lot relative to what would have been expected. Google the definitions of both of those and you will have the best answer you will get.



Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#148 - 2016-05-12 22:13:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Kieron VonDeux wrote:
-I'm not the only one who has talked about the issue with Corps wanting RL information and your obsessive need to be given hard proof before it apparently can be discussed when you will never be given it makes this more of an issue than it currently is. This is a discussion not a court of law.

No it's not a court of law. Of course not.

That doesn't mean that we have to accept something just because you've said it.

If it were true that Corps are asking for RL information and that this practice is increasing, I would be alarmed and would personally take the evidence directly to CCP to ensure that it stopped.

But so far, nothing. All it is, is a claim not supported by even any evidence.

The only thing you've offered when asked for evidence of it is that other people have mentioned it.

If it is a practice that is increasing, then it should be easy to actually post evidence of it, rather than just comment about how others are talking about it. Talking about it doesn't make it reality.


Quote:
-In regard to what "so many' means, it means a lot relative to what would have been expected. Google the definitions of both of those and you will have the best answer you will get.

Yes, I think clearly by this stage, asking Google to explain your use of terms would be the best thing. You seem incapable of it.

Essentially it's just a totally subjective claim based on what you would expect.

It would seem, based on your history in this thread, that this is safe to ignore completely.

Yes there are Corps that require non-expiring full API. Is that "so many", well it seems your idea of "so many" is a bit alarmist.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."