These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

why does it seem like CCP is castrating high sec content creators

First post
Author
Niten Doraku
Doomheim
#1001 - 2016-10-13 17:33:22 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:
Praise James ;)

I love how you snuck that edit in hours later. Very clever for a c0d3 wanna be.

I created this character to put on display just how lame c0d3 is.

There's an old school of thought that if you spend too much time in a lunatic asylum you might just become a resident.

I wasn't about to take that risk. Biomass and a few skill injectors?

I infiltrated c0d3 and what I saw was inauspicious.

Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Fly Fearless
#1002 - 2016-10-13 17:43:31 UTC
Niten Doraku wrote:
Dom Arkaral wrote:
Praise James ;)

I love how you snuck that edit in hours later. Very clever for a c0d3 wanna be.

I created this character to put on display just how lame c0d3 is.

There's an old school of thought that if you spend too much time in a lunatic asylum you might just become a resident.

I wasn't about to take that risk. Biomass and a few skill injectors?

So according to your "right" way of toughts, I'd belong to an asylum huh?
Fun thing, the small edit is only the stuff after "small edit"

But hey, I forgot you knew more about me than I knew myself XD
you got no argument left Nitie, unless you want to go at my role-playing personality some more hahahaha

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Niten Doraku
Doomheim
#1003 - 2016-10-13 17:50:19 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:
0

Well said.

I infiltrated c0d3 and what I saw was inauspicious.

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1004 - 2016-10-13 18:31:03 UTC
Bexol Regyri wrote:
I have only been playing eve for about 5 months and started out a high sec miner. One of the things that attracted me to eve was that it was pretty much what I expected of space from all the scifi books I read full of good guys and bad guys and that space is not a safe place. One of the things I found out right away was about 1/2 the players in space were not engaged in the game. There would be an ice belt with 30 people in it, but no one was really there. Their ships just mining away while they did stuff in real life. I almost fell into the same trap but then I met the pirates, as I later found out where called gankers in this game, mercs and griefers. At first I was like these guys are jerks to put it nicely. The more I watched them blow up people the more I realized they are forcing people to stay engaged in the game. At the same time I watched CCP make changes to hamper the high sec content creators and cater people to people that are not actively engaged while undocked. How does that help a healthy community?

so my question is why does it seem like CCP wants to stop or make close to impossible all non PVE highsec content when players have tons of in game tools avoid dying like d-scan, local chat, kills in system on map, etc...?


Hi Bexol,

Sorry for the late reply but I only just recently re-subbed this account.

I fully agree with you that the content creators are what makes Eve entertaining. Without them Eve would be literally the worst game ever. It's Eve's players that make Eve worth playing.

And you're absolutely correct, over the years many of the tools available to High Sec content creators have been removed, altered or made unfeasible. The reasons for this vary depending on the particular change, but generally in my humble opinion, the reasons range from side effects to changes to other ares of space (The watch list for instance), tailoring to more passive game play (mining barge buffs), trying to fix legacy code by completely redesigning it (criminal flags etc) to straight up catering to whiners (any number of changes that have been made to make Eve a safer place).

Some of these changes I haven't had too many complaints about. For instance the old criminal response system was broken and had so many special cases and loopholes that it was ridiculous.

Others I've found to be completely valid and even necessary. The removal of hyperdunking is a good example of this.

Some I've considered to be pretty weak. For instance Skiffs are insanely strong, Orcas were already very tough nuts to crack if fit properly, and are getting buffed.

Some changes I feel have added a depth of choice that innovative content creators can take advantage of. For instance if fir properly, freighters are now harder to kill than they used to be. But if the pilot does not fit them appropriately, they are now easier to kill than before.

I feel like modern content creation is both more difficult, and more predictable than it used to be.

I'm hoping that the new Industry Complexes will contribute to improving matters, but we'll have to see.

I'd love to chat more with anyone interested in further discussion on the topic.

o7

-Tengu

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1005 - 2016-10-13 18:38:35 UTC
Niten Doraku wrote:

I have observed Jason Kusion (one of c0d3's ISBoxer golden boys) gank ship after ship strictly for monetary reasons.



Jason does not use ISBoxer in any way that is illegal (if he even uses it at all). If you would like to verify this, you can watch him when he streams on twitch. When you do make sure to give his stream a follow.

As to ganking strictly for monetary reasons, ships are ganked because they are not following the Code. The financial benefits of the gank are strictly to finance further ganking. Targets with a higher chance of positive financial return are chosen preferentially as Code is after all a business, and businesses have expenses to cover, and investors to satisfy.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#1006 - 2016-10-13 19:28:37 UTC
high sec content creators... you mean the fine people at CCP who write the dialog in missions?
Niten Doraku
Doomheim
#1007 - 2016-10-13 22:27:46 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Niten Doraku wrote:

I have observed Jason Kusion (one of c0d3's ISBoxer golden boys) gank ship after ship strictly for monetary reasons.



Jason does not use ISBoxer in any way that is illegal (if he even uses it at all). If you would like to verify this, you can watch him when he streams on twitch. When you do make sure to give his stream a follow.

As to ganking strictly for monetary reasons, ships are ganked because they are not following the Code. The financial benefits of the gank are strictly to finance further ganking. Targets with a higher chance of positive financial return are chosen preferentially as Code is after all a business, and businesses have expenses to cover, and investors to satisfy.

95% of that is BS. Choose to believe it if you like but I won't bother breaking it down.

You guys throw all this praise around for jimmy...but how much do you actually know about him?

I infiltrated c0d3 and what I saw was inauspicious.

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1008 - 2016-10-13 22:38:19 UTC
Niten Doraku wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:
Niten Doraku wrote:

I have observed Jason Kusion (one of c0d3's ISBoxer golden boys) gank ship after ship strictly for monetary reasons.



Jason does not use ISBoxer in any way that is illegal (if he even uses it at all). If you would like to verify this, you can watch him when he streams on twitch. When you do make sure to give his stream a follow.

As to ganking strictly for monetary reasons, ships are ganked because they are not following the Code. The financial benefits of the gank are strictly to finance further ganking. Targets with a higher chance of positive financial return are chosen preferentially as Code is after all a business, and businesses have expenses to cover, and investors to satisfy.

95% of that is BS. Choose to believe it if you like but I won't bother breaking it down.

You guys throw all this praise around for jimmy...but how much do you actually know about him?


I know all I need to know. I know far more than you would think. ;)

And I never bs.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1009 - 2016-10-13 22:40:16 UTC
I do lie a lot though.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Fly Fearless
#1010 - 2016-10-14 01:44:52 UTC
Niten Doraku wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:
Niten Doraku wrote:

I have observed Jason Kusion (one of c0d3's ISBoxer golden boys) gank ship after ship strictly for monetary reasons.



Jason does not use ISBoxer in any way that is illegal (if he even uses it at all). If you would like to verify this, you can watch him when he streams on twitch. When you do make sure to give his stream a follow.

As to ganking strictly for monetary reasons, ships are ganked because they are not following the Code. The financial benefits of the gank are strictly to finance further ganking. Targets with a higher chance of positive financial return are chosen preferentially as Code is after all a business, and businesses have expenses to cover, and investors to satisfy.

95% of that is facts. Choose to believe since you're right but I won't bother breaking it down.

You guys throw all this praise around for jimmy...but how much do you actually know about him?

Corrected that for you ;)

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#1011 - 2016-10-14 05:37:49 UTC
Niten Doraku wrote:
I created this character to put on display just how lame c0d3 is.

And here I thought you created it for our entertainment Big smile silly me.

One question: If we are lame, why do you write our alliance name in leetspeak?
Sasha Nemtsov
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1012 - 2016-10-14 07:09:50 UTC
Niten Doraku wrote:


I created this character to put on display just how lame c0d3 is.



Hello Niten, you're suddenly all over the place, spouting anti-New Order nonsense!

... and I created this character in order to bring glory to The Code, James 315 and the New Order of Highsec. I do this by enforcing the Code and by broadcasting well-observed, relevant and thoughtful pieces by our leader himself; James 315.

Creating a character to put something 'on display' without doing more than appending your remarks to other folks' content - is rather feeble, don't you think?

Come on man, choose a verb of action and invest in it!
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#1013 - 2016-10-14 09:55:37 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Bexol Regyri wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:


I rather enjoy the content they create, I rather like shooting them, but you came out with your title making a pretty strong statement which you are now backing off on. Where is the castration? Bumping something in a Macherial is the definition of WOW, no consequences and if you think that removing this is castration when its removing a completely stupid mechanic taht got around the whole concept of Eve in having consequences...


I wasn't just talking about the bumping changes but all the changes i have seen since November that hurt mercs, griefers & gankers. You can't have good without bad.


Have you any idea just how easy they had it , no you don't, and you come out and say they are being castrated, a bad mechanic is at last after many years being adjusted, there have been some balance changes.

Watch list changes are hurting people who hunt, however the watch lists were removed because it was preventing major battles because the major alliances had all the cap pilots on their watch lists so when they saw them log in they decided not to do anything. The impact is that it hurts another area of game play, I could start listing similar things that have reduced my game play. The comment about castrating was silly.


watch list changes have hurt more than people that hunt, but also people that stay on defense. I have a list of people I used to watch for so when they came on id dock my mining or mission ship and get one of my pvp ships because I know something's about to hit the fan with the numerous areas I stay in. Or if you just want to have someone on your watchlist so you can contact them when they come on instead evemailing them and waiting for a reply.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1014 - 2016-10-14 10:14:50 UTC
Agondray wrote:
watch list changes have hurt more than people that hunt, but also people that stay on defense. I have a list of people I used to watch for so when they came on id dock my mining or mission ship and get one of my pvp ships because I know something's about to hit the fan with the numerous areas I stay in.

yeah. It's legitimate usecase. I think pretty rare tho.

Agondray wrote:

Or if you just want to have someone on your watchlist so you can contact them when they come on instead evemailing them and waiting for a reply.

This case can just be easily replaced by sending mail "convo me when you online". Nothing really lost.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#1015 - 2016-10-14 16:49:13 UTC
Agondray wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Bexol Regyri wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:


I rather enjoy the content they create, I rather like shooting them, but you came out with your title making a pretty strong statement which you are now backing off on. Where is the castration? Bumping something in a Macherial is the definition of WOW, no consequences and if you think that removing this is castration when its removing a completely stupid mechanic taht got around the whole concept of Eve in having consequences...


I wasn't just talking about the bumping changes but all the changes i have seen since November that hurt mercs, griefers & gankers. You can't have good without bad.


Have you any idea just how easy they had it , no you don't, and you come out and say they are being castrated, a bad mechanic is at last after many years being adjusted, there have been some balance changes.

Watch list changes are hurting people who hunt, however the watch lists were removed because it was preventing major battles because the major alliances had all the cap pilots on their watch lists so when they saw them log in they decided not to do anything. The impact is that it hurts another area of game play, I could start listing similar things that have reduced my game play. The comment about castrating was silly.


watch list changes have hurt more than people that hunt, but also people that stay on defense. I have a list of people I used to watch for so when they came on id dock my mining or mission ship and get one of my pvp ships because I know something's about to hit the fan with the numerous areas I stay in. Or if you just want to have someone on your watchlist so you can contact them when they come on instead evemailing them and waiting for a reply.


So another black mark against removing the watchlist, and all to make hunting supers harder....why on earth did anyone think this was a good idea?

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Midnight Jackson
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1016 - 2016-10-15 08:37:11 UTC
Bexol Regyri wrote:
I have only been playing eve for about 5 months and started out a high sec miner.


NEXT *click*