These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

So long, and thanks for all the isk

First post
Author
Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Fly Fearless
#121 - 2016-05-23 13:27:26 UTC
Tyyler DURden wrote:
Dom Arkaral wrote:
*off-topic*
Oh look Tyler is calling the kettle black

*on-topic*
Devils will never die, they'll only come back, stronger than before (and hopefuilly still hunting Blink)

Cheers lads,
Fly Dangerous,
D.

Didn't you get handled pretty severely already in this thread?
Back for more eh?
Best of luck to you.

hi little crybaby

I made my point.
Now kill yourself (ingame) and send me the body.
kthxbai

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Nitshe Razvedka
#122 - 2016-05-23 13:52:04 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:




hi little crybaby

I made my point.
Now kill yourself (ingame) and send me the body.
kthxbai



Didn't we agree you were relevant if you contributed something constructive.

How-bout you link that Zopiclone story?! Or tell us how Code's been travelling since the isk spigot has been turned off??

Thieving pirates discuss INTEGRITY; Anarchist gankers give us LAWS; and Whoring merc's cry then blow off clients with INSULTS.

Up is down and down is up in the C&P Forum.

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#123 - 2016-05-23 13:58:52 UTC
Oi. I have no axe to grind here, but I gotta say that you ladies need to take your **** measuring contest elsewhere.
I'm still mourning the loss of my ability to effectively clownstomp victims 30 jumps from home here.
All this posturing is disrupting my train of thought as I try to conceive new ways to chase after the space bunnies who have dropped off my radar.
You are all pretty.
All men would die to lay with you.
Be happy, go murder people.
It's a thing.

Sorry if I'm standin on your e-peen... but it's a Devils kinda thing.

PS: Mortlake, you actually BURIED it? I usually just would pick either a Wal-Mart to drop trow in and drag my arse across the floor in, or cover my leavings with leaves on a nice and busy hiking trail so that some hipster would likely come to understand how I really felt about them when they had to clean it out of their sandals.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Rawmeat Mary
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#124 - 2016-05-23 14:20:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Rawmeat Mary
I am going to share a method I started using lately. It is not great, but i helps the hunting, a wee bit.

Keeping Track of Targets and Hopefully Catch Them Eventually (or KTTHCTE).

Make a 24 hours Contact List period Tabs: 00:00 to 24:00

That's 24 Tabs, for the maths impered.

Check KB and/or roam scouts to find Worth-to-Hunt War Targets.

Per usual method, write Notes on said targets: Ships, possible fits, systems, stations, time zone, etc).

When you find Target (either active or docked up) add said WT to Watchlist Buddylist in the apropriate Hourly tab, so you have a rough idea when the player is online. Rince and repeat. You should end up with a fairly filled Timezone Tab Buddlylist (or TTB) over time, depending of intel/scouting ressourcres.

Use it as a reference tool to zip around with scouts to see if said WT are online in noted times and systems. Update TTB as needed. Use it in combination with Locators as needed.

My personal method to help deal with CCP's crapping all over EVE hunters.

It is still an inordinate amount of time spent doing nothing except flying around with alts, but at least, it is better than nothing.

P.S Works better with multiple week Wardecs

P.P.S Constructive posting.

Now destroy me for being an imbecil, if needed.

'If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skins onto their clothing. And if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order.'

Yeah, we're like that.

Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Fly Fearless
#125 - 2016-05-23 14:48:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Dom Arkaral
Nitshe Razvedka wrote:
Dom Arkaral wrote:




hi little crybaby

I made my point.
Now kill yourself (ingame) and send me the body.
kthxbai



Didn't we agree you were relevant if you contributed something constructive.

How-bout you link that Zopiclone story?! Or tell us how Code's been travelling since the isk spigot has been turned off??

I think we're doing fine
And this isn't the place to talk about Zopi.
You want answers, go ask him yourself
I'm no one's slave so gtfo
kthxbai

I'm letting this thread go, as I already said everything that needed be
o7

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#126 - 2016-05-23 14:59:27 UTC
I understand your sadness because you cant hunt targets effectively anymore, as used to in the past.
Yet I am still happy about the watchlist change, as I strongly believe that you (and anyone else) should not be able to survey my online status easily as it was back in the days as it always struck me how such a terrible feature found its way into the game.
Nitshe Razvedka
#127 - 2016-05-23 15:04:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Nitshe Razvedka
[quote=Omar Alharazaad]
All this posturing is disrupting my train of thought as I try to conceive new ways to chase after the space bunnies who have dropped off my radar. quote]


Sorry to disrupt your scat story, something relevant to say? You sound like a shuttle stewardess I met.

Thieving pirates discuss INTEGRITY; Anarchist gankers give us LAWS; and Whoring merc's cry then blow off clients with INSULTS.

Up is down and down is up in the C&P Forum.

Lord Razpataz
Devils Rejects 666
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#128 - 2016-05-23 15:27:34 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:
I understand your sadness because you cant hunt targets effectively anymore, as used to in the past.
Yet I am still happy about the watchlist change, as I strongly believe that you (and anyone else) should not be able to survey my online status easily as it was back in the days as it always struck me how such a terrible feature found its way into the game.


You do know this "feature" was used by both agressors and defenders?
Keep track of old friends.. who comes back to game without knowing about this sneaky change.
And so on..

To my knowlegde watchlist has been a feature in eve since the beginning, I can watch vids from 03 with watchlist notifications popping up.
Tyyler DURden
Mordechai and Sons Distribution Co.
#129 - 2016-05-23 15:45:01 UTC
Kaely Tanniss wrote:
Tyyler DURden wrote:
Dom Arkaral wrote:
*off-topic*
Oh look Tyler is calling the kettle black

*on-topic*
Devils will never die, they'll only come back, stronger than before (and hopefuilly still hunting Blink)

Cheers lads,
Fly Dangerous,
D.

Didn't you get handled pretty severely already in this thread?
Back for more eh?
Best of luck to you.


Oh Tyler..we don't need a "reason" to dec someone beyond that we just plain feel like it. After all, in case you've forgotten what game you're playing, that is the intent of Eve. Deal with it Roll ♥♥

Oh, I thought you did need a reason to dec someone Kaely. I guess I thought that because you said something along those lines in a previous post in this very thread. Something about it being buisness and the difference between professional mercing and greifer dec corps.

So am I getting this right.....
"we deced you because someone took out a contract" = professional merc corp
"we deced you because we felt like it" = griefer dec corp
In my humble opinion the state of affairs in eve today resembles this....
"we deced you because,10% contracts, 20% felt like it, 70% for targets and green KB's" = the state of mercing in todays Eve Online.

Tyyler DURden says "use soap"

Moac Tor
Cyber Core
Immediate Destruction
#130 - 2016-05-23 23:44:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Moac Tor
I thought the chat function allowed you to see if someone is online or not.

So send player private convo request, if they are offline it has a specific response.

Edit - ok notice this has already been suggested.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#131 - 2016-05-23 23:45:37 UTC
try this with a 60 man alliance
Lord Razpataz
Devils Rejects 666
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#132 - 2016-05-25 14:37:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Razpataz
In my Original Rant, I did mention CCP was promoting mercenary emergent gameplay.

Today I was bored and was looking at old dev blogs and I found this perfect example about the "mercenary marketplace" from 2012
And that little future bit at the end made me chuckle... its now been 4 years and nothing. Oh wait.. they removed a tool. Roll
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#133 - 2016-05-25 14:42:55 UTC
I like how the ally system was meant to be the basis of something that was to be expanded upon, then just wasn't and now just serves as a massive deterrent to aggression and a way for mercenaries to get free wars.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#134 - 2016-05-25 18:48:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Lord Razpataz wrote:
In my Original Rant, I did mention CCP was promoting mercenary emergent gameplay.

Today I was bored and was looking at old dev blogs and I found this perfect example about the "mercenary marketplace" from 2012
And that little future bit at the end made me chuckle... its now been 4 years and nothing. Oh wait.. they removed a tool. Roll



Eve suffers a lot from the "Muh ISK/Stats" brigade. Anything not 100 for furthering min-maxing of ISK or stats is "brigaded" against in the forums as to make it look unpopular. We see the running joke about "content" when referring to blanket decs, ganks, and at times, World War Bee. But in reality, it's the players who kill content by freaking out whenever the developers think aloud regarding anything other than vacuuming ISK and/or "getting kills".

There used to be novels and chronicles about the game...even things like "live events". But someone might get disturbed from their min-maxxing and we can't have that.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Elliniel Anat'al'Ardon
Hallowed Antiquity
#135 - 2016-05-26 09:44:35 UTC
So, basically, you point out how mass war-declarations aren't the true way of the merc, but in the same sentence you whine on how you have to actually do the work to get paid?

Puhleeeze, stop.

That's what being a mercenary is all about. You get paid to do something. How you accomplish that is well.. shortly put, your problem once you get assurances of payment or payment up front.

Maybe, just maybe, since you're not a common street thug, hugging a gate and shooting anything coming through, to raise your prices for your highly skilled assasination services.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#136 - 2016-05-26 10:12:11 UTC
Elliniel Anat'al'Ardon wrote:
So, basically, you point out how mass war-declarations aren't the true way of the merc, but in the same sentence you whine on how you have to actually do the work to get paid?

Puhleeeze, stop.

That's what being a mercenary is all about. You get paid to do something. How you accomplish that is well.. shortly put, your problem once you get assurances of payment or payment up front.

Maybe, just maybe, since you're not a common street thug, hugging a gate and shooting anything coming through, to raise your prices for your highly skilled assasination services.

i told the last numbnuts who said that to go try and do a focused war in empire ,
he did ,
then he came back and posted this.

Mortlake
Somalian Coast Guard Authority
#137 - 2016-05-26 10:22:28 UTC
Elliniel Anat'al'Ardon wrote:
So, basically, you point out how mass war-declarations aren't the true way of the merc, but in the same sentence you whine on how you have to actually do the work to get paid?

Puhleeeze, stop.

That's what being a mercenary is all about. You get paid to do something. How you accomplish that is well.. shortly put, your problem once you get assurances of payment or payment up front.

Maybe, just maybe, since you're not a common street thug, hugging a gate and shooting anything coming through, to raise your prices for your highly skilled assasination services.


Oh puhleeeze.

Did you name your character in a vain attempt to deter people from running locates? Just curious.

Sometimes you hit the bar and sometimes the bar hits you...

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#138 - 2016-05-26 13:03:21 UTC
I'm just curious: how does it happen that mercs have contract and have no ideas where their targets are? Isn't it part of contract to give you some information about targets?

The way i see it:
- i want someone to be hurt by mercs. Why i care? Maybe they run missions here? Maybe they mined out all the ice? In any case they ARE HERE and i want them to not BE HERE.
- i contract mercs and pay them for getting this someone out of HERE
- mercs instantly know: their target is HERE. They sent scouts and from now it's their job to track their targets

What do i miss? People paying for killing random corp they found in corp finder so they actually have no ideas who and where are these people? I believe in any case if you pay your money for someone's head this someone should be somehow present in vicinity.

Thanks

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Fly Fearless
#139 - 2016-05-26 13:07:20 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
I'm just curious: how does it happen that mercs have contract and have no ideas where their targets are? Isn't it part of contract to give you some information about targets?

The way i see it:
- i want someone to be hurt by mercs. Why i care? Maybe they run missions here? Maybe they mined out all the ice? In any case they ARE HERE and i want them to not BE HERE.
- i contract mercs and pay them for getting this someone out of HERE
- mercs instantly know: their target is HERE. They sent scouts and from now it's their job to track their targets

What do i miss? People paying for killing random corp they found in corp finder so they actually have no ideas who and where are these people? I believe in any case if you pay your money for someone's head this someone should be somehow present in vicinity.

Thanks

Most contracts are hub/pipe denial nowadays
So they're doing their work properly..

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#140 - 2016-05-26 13:10:38 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:

Most contracts are hub/pipe denial nowadays
So they're doing their work properly..

in this case you don't need to find your targets - you just DENY they hub/route (kill them when they try to use it)

However the thread started from: 'sending scouts 100+ systems to find him and not knowing whether he is even online or not'.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"