These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dust 514 consern.

First post
Author
Professor Alphane
Guns-R-Us Toy Company
#101 - 2011-12-18 22:51:20 UTC
Dunno Ai . MT isn't the dirty 2 letters it used to be as someone said FPSers are not adverse to buying map packs and such already also why would they neccesrily need to change there model the high value box seems to work fine and if combined with MT would be ultimatly more profitable than CCP's model.

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

Professor Alphane
Guns-R-Us Toy Company
#102 - 2011-12-18 22:54:17 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Professor Alphane wrote:
Thats scary what someone said about halos development team because I was thinking almost the same thing. Now this is 'Big gaming news' well before the release whats to stop all the big name FPS's just bolting on a quick persistance feature to there games and reselling as 'game mk+1'. I reckon it would be a lot quicker to develop the persistance aspect of the game than develop ground up as CCP have had to. They also wouldn't have to deal with all the intergration problems of PC's consoles working together ( only been done once AFAIK 'shadowrun' for xbox, and that was dire ) and Dust hasn't even entered Beta yet, we will see how many delays that brings. If CCP make 'persistant fps' the new buzzword then it won't be long before everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and proberbaly doing it better as 1. they are already far progressed in the development of there IP 2. They already have a full working FPS game 3. They are specialised to the market and commited and focused while CCP's interests are split.

Given the 'heat' of this thread I'm sure enough people will disagree, so please flame away I'm not some dumb troll and vunrable to fire Roll

Well.. GOOD! CCP will be properly motivated to keep the game awesome than. Competition is good. The more companies making great games the better.


You got your pilot goggles on there ? or your nightvison ones?

Ok perhaps thats unfair. In principal I agree more development better games for me to play, though I am fond of EVE and would hate to see Dust drag CCP down.

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

fuer0n
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#103 - 2011-12-18 22:59:19 UTC  |  Edited by: fuer0n
sad for you you missed all the good games then. miss spent yes. n64 wave race, pilot wings. turok. cerebrial bore has to be the coolest weapon anyone in gaming has made to date. ps1 when the zombie turns to you in about the 3rd room. but he you been around since vic 20 days lol.


edit any ******* way i blame the guy who even suggested that ccp do this in the first place. missguided idiot fool that couldnt see further than his nose. and they are as bad for listening:P
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#104 - 2011-12-18 23:55:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Best Console Argument Ever

Megaman VS Megaman X

Lets see a pc game top that game design theroy. Also another thing painfully points out the bad influences of PC gaming in an unblatent way.

CCP could learn how to make a tutorial around this.

Anyways one more credential over a pc game.

A wanna be dev has to study every type of game to try to understand game fundamentals.

PC gamer is just angry over the fact something was denied him.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Freezehunter
#105 - 2011-12-19 00:02:26 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Spitfire
http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/genrabbit

Read it and weep.

As you can see, I've played my fair share of games.

And those are just my Steam games.

There's also Origin (with 8 games already), and my other 9 active MMO subs.

Oh, and also the thousands of other games I've played since the eighties...

Expertise comes with playing.

Too bad I can't show off my UT 99 stats anymore.

If anyone can show that they own or have played more games than me, then you will have the right to say how bad and ignorant and blah blah blah my opinions are.

*snip* Inappropriate language removed. Spitfire

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Hauling Hal
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2011-12-19 00:18:41 UTC
The Eve player base is tiny compared to the PS3 player base, so stop thinking you are important. You aren't.
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#107 - 2011-12-19 00:24:57 UTC
Damn this thread got kind of heated since I went to sleep.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Professor Alphane
Guns-R-Us Toy Company
#108 - 2011-12-19 00:28:36 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
Damn this thread got kind of heated since I went to sleep.


Toasty init....

marshmallow mate ? Big smile

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#109 - 2011-12-19 00:29:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Freezehunter wrote:
http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/genrabbit

Read it and weep.

As you can see, I've played my fair share of games.

And those are just my Steam games.

There's also Origin (with 8 games already), and my other 9 active MMO subs.

Oh, and also the thousands of other games I've played since the eighties...

Expertise comes with playing.

Too bad I can't show off my UT 99 stats anymore.

If anyone can show that they own or have played more games than me, then you will have the right to say how bad and ignorant and blah blah blah my opinions are.

Until then, shut the **** up, because unlike you, I have the experience to back every ******* thing I say up, without using Google.


So what! I have been playing games since the 70's when MMOs were called MUDs. A lot of EVE players have played a lot of other games for as long as you or I have.

Exactly how many game development companies have you worked for, in a Managerial or production capacity? How many trade publications for the gaming industry do you contribute to as an authoritative source?

Playing a lot of games does not make you an MMO or console game industry expert, and that is what you are trying to convince people. Your experience might arguably make you a expert player but that's the far limit unless you can provide some evidence to the contrary. I'd bet the guy that cleans the fish tank at CCP has more gaming industry experience than you do.

We get it, you are an MMO and consiole industry expert just because you say so, and because you spout profanity. Using google to corroborate your claims is just lunacy!

Roll

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Ai Shun
#110 - 2011-12-19 00:31:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Ai Shun
Freezehunter wrote:
Expertise comes with playing.


Congratulations. You are an expert at playing games.

Freezehunter wrote:
Until then, shut the **** up, because unlike you, I have the experience to back every ******* thing I say up, without using Google.


A number of us have long years of experience playing games. Some of us have the credentials of being a software development / distribution field as well. And all of us have opinions, just like you.

The difference is that some of us can back up our knowledge with sources material.

We don't rely on a list of games we've played or the "Because I say so" defence.

Try again.
Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#111 - 2011-12-19 00:31:40 UTC
I have flown on many planes, therefore I can now accurately predict the future of all airlines.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#112 - 2011-12-19 00:35:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Sigh where start? I know a small sample

3 Ninjas Kick Back
3×3 Eyes
The 7th Saga
Accelebrid
ACME Animation Factory
Acrobat Mission
ActRaiser 2
The Addams Family
The Adventures of Batman & Robin
Aero Fighters
Aero The Acro-Bat
Air Calvary
Air Strike Patrol
Airborne Ranger
Albert Odyssey
Alien 3
Alien vs. Predator
An American Tail: Fievel Goes West
Animaniacs
Appleseed
Ardy Lightfoot
Arkanoid: Doh It Again
Asterix
Asterix & Obelix
B.O.B.
Bahamut Lagoon
Batman Forever
Batman Returns
Battletech
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
Big Sky Trooper
Biker Mice From Mars
BioMetal
Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moonn (dont give me that look, it was an awsome beat em up game)
Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon S
Blackthorne (A blizzard game belvie it or not)
Blazeon
The Blue Crystal Rod
Blues Brothers
Bomberman B-Daman
Bonkers
Boogerman
Bounty Sword
Brain Lord
BreakThru!
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire II
Brutal: Paws of Fury
Dr. Mario
Dragon Quest
Excitebike
F-Zero
F-Zero 2
Fire Emblem 1: Palace Kanraku (translated)
Fire Emblem 2: Akai Ryuuki Shi (translated)
Fire Emblem 3: Seigi no Tozokudan (translated)
Fire Emblem 4: Hajimari no Toki (DS version)
Ledgend of Zelda
Ledgend of Zelda II: Links Awakening
Bubsy
Bubsy II
Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage
Bust-A-Move
Cacoma Knight
California Games
California Games II
Captain America and the Avengers (this game ate all of my quater collection)
Captain Commando

Oh darn, ran out of room
Most of these are from the super nintendo. A-C

I can probably safely say this is about 1% of the games I have gone though.

I have yet to list the
NES
SNES games D-Z
Atari
Commodore 64
NEO-GEO
Game Boy
Game Boy Colored
Sega Genises
Sega Saturn
Sega Dream Cast
Game Boy Advanced
Virtual Boy games (boy did my neck hurt after that)
Game Gear
PSP Games
PS1
PS2
PS3
Xbox
Xbox360
Game Cube
N64
Wii
Tower Defense Games.
30 Steam Games.
Hundreds of other PC games I wished I can get working again. I should probably fess up and get GoG account.

p.s.
dont bother typing this name into the calcualtor its not my name there either.
However the one on Xbox Live is me and so far I racked up a 60% Negative rep there for unfair play.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Freezehunter
#113 - 2011-12-19 00:38:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
Doc Fury wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/genrabbit

Read it and weep.

As you can see, I've played my fair share of games.

And those are just my Steam games.

There's also Origin (with 8 games already), and my other 9 active MMO subs.

Oh, and also the thousands of other games I've played since the eighties...

Expertise comes with playing.

Too bad I can't show off my UT 99 stats anymore.

If anyone can show that they own or have played more games than me, then you will have the right to say how bad and ignorant and blah blah blah my opinions are.

Until then, shut the **** up, because unlike you, I have the experience to back every ******* thing I say up, without using Google.


So what! I have been playing games since the 70's when MMOs were called MUDs. A lot of EVE players have played a lot of other games for as long as you or I have.

Exactly how many game development companies have you worked for, in a Managerial or production capacity? How many trade publications for the gaming industry do you contribute to as an authoritative source?

Playing a lot of games does not make you an MMO or console game industry expert, and that is what you are trying to convince people. Your experience might arguably make you a expert player but that's the far limit unless you can provide some evidence to the contrary. I'd bet the guy that cleans the fish tank at CCP has more gaming industry experience than you do.

We get it, you are an MMO and consiole industry expert just because you say so, and because you spout profanity. Using google to corroborate your claims is just lunacy!

Roll


Olav Mørkrid, Funcom, nice to meet you!
And hey, at least we put boobs in our games...

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#114 - 2011-12-19 00:38:38 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:
I have flown on many planes, therefore I can now accurately predict the future of all airlines.


More concise than what I was going to say, Spot on sir.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#115 - 2011-12-19 00:42:37 UTC
I know several console games with boobs and a very few in japan with lower parts included though all fuzzed out.
Mostly PSP though.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#116 - 2011-12-19 00:44:24 UTC
Professor Alphane wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Professor Alphane wrote:
Thats scary what someone said about halos development team because I was thinking almost the same thing. Now this is 'Big gaming news' well before the release whats to stop all the big name FPS's just bolting on a quick persistance feature to there games and reselling as 'game mk+1'. I reckon it would be a lot quicker to develop the persistance aspect of the game than develop ground up as CCP have had to. They also wouldn't have to deal with all the intergration problems of PC's consoles working together ( only been done once AFAIK 'shadowrun' for xbox, and that was dire ) and Dust hasn't even entered Beta yet, we will see how many delays that brings. If CCP make 'persistant fps' the new buzzword then it won't be long before everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and proberbaly doing it better as 1. they are already far progressed in the development of there IP 2. They already have a full working FPS game 3. They are specialised to the market and commited and focused while CCP's interests are split.

Given the 'heat' of this thread I'm sure enough people will disagree, so please flame away I'm not some dumb troll and vunrable to fire Roll

Well.. GOOD! CCP will be properly motivated to keep the game awesome than. Competition is good. The more companies making great games the better.


You got your pilot goggles on there ? or your nightvison ones?

Ok perhaps thats unfair. In principal I agree more development better games for me to play, though I am fond of EVE and would hate to see Dust drag CCP down.

I think they are welding goggles.

I like EvE too. ...but I'm not a loyalist. I only have time for awesome games. EvE is the most awesome MMO imho, so I play that. I don't care about SWTOR or anything else I'm aware of atm in that genera. I just picked up the Halo Anniversary edition. No time for any other FPS. If DUST wants to bump Halo out of the picture for me it's gong to have to be good. ...and stay good. I think EvE will be fine regardless of what happens with DUST. 60,000 players or 10 players on the server, EvE is a great game.

I think I've exhausted everything I have to say on the topic of this thread. Fly dangerous chaps o7

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#117 - 2011-12-19 01:09:15 UTC
dust is as console exclusive as halo 1, alan wake, mass effect 1 [list goes on]

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Trainwreck McGee
Doomheim
#118 - 2011-12-19 03:12:40 UTC
Dust WILL fail it IS a bad idea.

CCP Trainwreck - Weekend Custodial Engineer / CCP Necrogoats foot stool

Cloora
APEX Unlimited
APEX Conglomerate
#119 - 2011-12-19 03:59:44 UTC
My prediction, which matters the most out of all you peons, is that Dust turns into the PS3 version of HALO. Except at launch it will be slow and then it will catch on like wildfire.

You idiot DUST haters are really underestimating the persistent world part of this FPS.

This game is going to effin PWN

http://www.altaholics.blogspot.com

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#120 - 2011-12-19 04:17:34 UTC
Cloora wrote:
You idiot DUST haters are really underestimating the persistent world part of this FPS.

And you are really overestimating how much console kiddies with ADHD are going to care about a persistent world.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.