These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Recurring Opportunities coming soon

First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#681 - 2016-04-09 21:23:18 UTC
Ruby Gnollo wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Newplayer 1 is disadvantaged to the tune of 50k SP every week they play. This is good how?

Killing a NPC is a 5mn/day/toon task. Even people working at Goldman Sachs spend more than one hour a day on the internet minding their own business. That's twelve times what you need for that.

I don't log in every day, I simply do not have the time every day to sit down at a PC to play a game. I have things I need to do, people to see, things to wash, food to eat and so on. People only spending time in a game at the weekend is a very real thing.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#682 - 2016-04-09 21:31:06 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

I don't log in every day, I simply do not have the time every day to sit down at a PC to play a game. I have things I need to do, people to see, things to wash, food to eat and so on. People only spending time in a game at the weekend is a very real thing.

I really wish I could live the life of people who don't understand this
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#683 - 2016-04-09 21:31:39 UTC
Baygun wrote:
OK,
Another idea - that most definitely will make people log in. Make a random universe wide pulse that stops POS-es and Outpost activity as well as randomly cancels trade orders on market. Unless ownerposts to facebook while logged on requesting 10 clicks from facebook friends. No reward needed at all and free promotion and annoyance to all your friends on facebookBlink

"Dailies" will mutate in very bad direction. You are warned CCP, you are...

Fixed that for you Big smile

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#684 - 2016-04-09 21:44:36 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
It's interesting to see how the feedback in this thread comes from people who don't PvE. And this makes sense, since PvErs are a quiet crowd.

CCP would have been better off just releasing this with a one-liner at the patch notes for Citadel. With this thread, they just got the whole nine yards of angry PvPrs and zero feedback from PvErs...

Save yourself the embarrassment and stop posting bull ****.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Advenat Bedala
Facehoof
#685 - 2016-04-09 22:03:45 UTC
Well Rise, I still wondering if it was a 1 April joke or not. We have an Astero as a bet.
Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#686 - 2016-04-09 22:03:46 UTC
I presume more or less of this is commented already, but I'll add this too so CCP can see more comments along the same lines.

To my understanding there is 3 main things CCP has put to gether, that should be done separately.

1) SP for players. So if we would like to give more SP to (new) players I would do it in two different ways: Add SP bonus to main opportunities (current ones) [add opportunity "It's a Titan" al ready (without SP of course)]. This way the SP is limited per character and requires work to be gained. I think even 1-2M SP can be distributed this way. Other method to gain SP should be the skill injectors, thus keeping the only source for SP in normal training. Remember that one can convert ISK to SP (those injectors) so we don't need to distribute SP directly.

2) Daily/Weekly bonus. I'm not against them directly, but I would really do rewards with items, LP or pure ISK. Looking it from ISK perspective (items and LP eventually is just ISK),, you can give even 1M ISK per day and that will not make older pilots to do those chores! E.g. 1M ISK per day is huge for one that needs these daylies (e.g. new pilots) while 10k SP (that feels less than 1M ISK, but is not). Thus, I would really stay with those ISK based rewards. SP rewards are really hard to balance to anything acceptable. E.g. 1k SP / day could be fine, but then it wouldn't matter.

3) Dismissing already existing daily tasks. So, as mentioned we already have systems that are kind of daily tasks. Really good example is PI. In PI one can choose if he wants to update extractors hourly, daily, weekly or so. The systems works for multiple different players. Also market trading can be seen as such. So in the end we kind of have already a lot of daily tasks. So instead of implementing a lot of new ones, should be update the existing ones to work better? E.g. PI has been waiting UI and mechanics update for some time?. Though I still think 1M ISK/day for completing e.g. mission is totally fine as it doesn't brake existing game play.

tl;dr: Instead of SP, give ISK. Meaningful amount of ISK (e.g. 1M) doesn't make older players to feel they are missing something. 10k SP/day is around 20% boost to skill training, thus missing it is a big thing.
Savant Alabel
Phoenix Tag.
GF Company
#687 - 2016-04-09 22:05:11 UTC
Just a little quote your own devblog:

Quote:

It’s very important to note here that this means all the skillpoints available to buy on the market in EVE will have originated on other characters where they were trained at the normal rate. Player driven economies are key to EVE design and we want you to decide the value of traded skillpoints while we make sure there is one single mechanism that brings new skillpoints in to the system – training.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/skill-trading-in-new-eden/
Lugh Crow-Slave
#688 - 2016-04-09 22:11:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Savant Alabel wrote:
Just a little quote your own devblog:

Quote:

It’s very important to note here that this means all the skillpoints available to buy on the market in EVE will have originated on other characters where they were trained at the normal rate. Player driven economies are key to EVE design and we want you to decide the value of traded skillpoints while we make sure there is one single mechanism that brings new skillpoints in to the system – training.

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/skill-trading-in-new-eden/

Please ccp spaid they didn't want high speed increment for Citadels and in the sake blog talked about 4 new skills and that they would use fighters.

I don't think the ppl writing them even read them
But cmon ccp
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#689 - 2016-04-09 22:30:10 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

It is really easy to understand, like in any and every other game that has dailies - If you don't log in every day - YOU DON"T GET THEM.

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#690 - 2016-04-09 22:34:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

It is really easy to understand, like in any and every other game that has dailies - If you don't log in every day - YOU DON"T GET THEM.

I'm talking about the people who don't understand that not everyone can log in every day...

What I and many other people like about eve is it doesn't make me feel like I need to log in I can play at the pace I enjoy and that I can manage

Is the same reason many of us don't like the idea of actively training skills
Gatosai
Violence is the Answer
#691 - 2016-04-09 22:54:19 UTC
Skia Aumer wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
Feedback appreciate as always

Burn in hell.

Literally the worse idea CCP has ever had.
SP rewards on anything is a bad idea.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#692 - 2016-04-09 23:02:08 UTC
Gatosai wrote:
Skia Aumer wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
Feedback appreciate as always

Burn in hell.

Literally the worse idea CCP has ever had.
SP rewards on anything is a bad idea.

Dailies of any kind are a bad idea
Kovl
Jita Flipping Inc.
#693 - 2016-04-09 23:15:21 UTC
The issue is not SP.

The issue is introducing the worst "mechanic" ever added to mmos - a daily, stupid chore. SP is used here as a leverage, as this is the only important resource that will actually make people do this ****, despite hating it to the bone. No one would lift a finger if it was ISK, LP or whatever else.

And I don't believe CCP people are naive to the point that they really belive it would "promote activity". They are literally lying to our faces about the real reasons.

What it will certainly promote are daily whines and complaints but people will still keep doing this **** diligently, day by day, solo, as fast as possible. Log in, shoot a rat, log off, repeat on the next char. As otherwise they will feel like they are losing. It's a simple play on basic, primitive human behavior. And nothing triggers people better in this game than SP.
Mister Ripley
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#694 - 2016-04-09 23:16:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Mister Ripley
Say hello to "Skin X Mondays", "Rare Ship Y Tuesdays ", "Implant Z Wednesdays" and "Gecko Thursdays". Roll

EDIT: Oh, and just imagine the tears from highsec bears that are wardecked and can't undock to get their daily reward Big smileBig smile
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#695 - 2016-04-09 23:20:57 UTC
It's interesting to see how the feedback in this thread comes from people who don't PvE. And this makes sense, since PvErs are a quiet crowd.

CCP would have been better off just releasing this with a one-liner at the patch notes for Citadel. With this thread, they just got the whole nine yards of angry PvPrs and zero feedback from PvErs...

People who PVE don't interact with others.

They are irrelevant to the content creation of this game and only steer away from the core of what eve is.

Grind grind oh look a red, lets dock up for a week just in case.

I do not look forward to logging in 30 characters every day to not miss out on anything.
I know full well I wont actually do it but this is still terrible.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#696 - 2016-04-09 23:28:23 UTC
Arya Regnar wrote:

People who PVE don't interact with others.

They are irrelevant to the content creation of this game and only steer away from the core of what eve is.

Grind grind oh look a red, lets dock up for a week just in case.

I do not look forward to logging in 30 characters every day to not miss out on anything.
I know full well I wont actually do it but this is still terrible.

This is wrong in so many ways the majority of my fights have come from dropping on some PvErs to get their a back up to show

Not top mention some one needs to mine

But weather you pvp or pve dailies have no place in eve
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#697 - 2016-04-09 23:40:14 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Dailies of any kind are a bad idea

Agreed.
Krestin
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#698 - 2016-04-09 23:54:24 UTC
disgusting, stupit mmorpg, sp from nowhere, spiritkilling update
Pinkylein
No Vacancies
No Vacancies.
#699 - 2016-04-10 00:38:12 UTC
Since personally it won't affect me if i log on all my toons or not, as i simply can't every day, i will live my eve life as usual.

And most others will do as well, since it won't affect anyone really. Of course there will be those, that now try to be online every day and will maybe accomplish that for a week, or maybe 2 or maybe even a month. But then they will stop and they will not care at all and will go back to their usual activity.

The people that do them, will have some SP to well train some stuff faster, some alts that are not training can now train something from time to time, without buying a PLEX.

But i find it a bit funny though, all the reactions.

When the servers are down, ppl yell for SP after 5min ... not the majority, but nobody thinks SP for that would be bad at the end ... and will at least say or think "no need for SP, but would be cool if we get it".

Last time we received 200.000 SP for some hours the servers were down. Also the people that had actually not even time to log in, since they were at work, had family ... well the usual stuff. Nobody!!!! went to CCP and said "oh please we don't want that SP, please take it back." That was SP from nowhere, same as 20x those daily opportunities for ... not even beeing able to show activity at all.

Same goes to the skill injectors ... first we tried to stop it, now we know it's there, we accept it, we don't take it, or ppl who take it, take them ... but it did not change our way of life in eve.

Daily opportunites won't either.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#700 - 2016-04-10 00:42:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Pinkylein wrote:
Since personally it won't affect me if i log on all my toons or not, as i simply can't every day, i will live my eve life as usual.

And most others will do as well, since it won't affect anyone really. Of course there will be those, that now try to be online every day and will maybe accomplish that for a week, or maybe 2 or maybe even a month. But then they will stop and they will not care at all and will go back to their usual activity.

The people that do them, will have some SP to well train some stuff faster, some alts that are not training can now train something from time to time, without buying a PLEX.

But i find it a bit funny though, all the reactions.

When the servers are down, ppl yell for SP after 5min ... not the majority, but nobody thinks SP for that would be bad at the end ... and will at least say or think "no need for SP, but would be cool if we get it".

Last time we received 200.000 SP for some hours the servers were down. Also the people that had actually not even time to log in, since they were at work, had family ... well the usual stuff. Nobody!!!! went to CCP and said "oh please we don't want that SP, please take it back." That was SP from nowhere, same as 20x those daily opportunities for ... not even beeing able to show activity at all.

Same goes to the skill injectors ... first we tried to stop it, now we know it's there, we accept it, we don't take it, or ppl who take it, take them ... but it did not change our way of life in eve.

Daily opportunites won't either.

again the SP is not the problem

and your innocence in thinking no one will make it a point to log inn everyday for more than a month is cute