These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Moon landing conspiracy theories

First post
Author
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#121 - 2011-12-30 22:00:35 UTC
I lost a game of horseshoes to Ray Charles Sad

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Dibblah San
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#122 - 2011-12-31 05:27:31 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:

In your defence Ray Charles did use the first prototype of Radar shades. Blink
Dibblah San
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2011-12-31 05:27:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Dibblah San
double post Oops
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#124 - 2011-12-31 06:02:46 UTC
Dibblah San wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:

In your defence Ray Charles did use the first prototype of Radar shades. Blink

I knew he cheated! Evil

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Atticus Fynch
#125 - 2011-12-31 18:55:04 UTC
Well, it looks like the thread has reached its end.Bear

I want to thank you all for the laughs. Big smile

You may now remove the hooks from your mouths. Blink

Love ya,
Atticus

[b]★★★Cargo Pilots Unite!!!★★★ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=668132&#post668132[/b]

Alara IonStorm
#126 - 2011-12-31 19:01:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
Atticus Fynch
#127 - 2011-12-31 19:14:10 UTC

I love you Alara. You're the gift that keeps on giving.

xoxoxox

[b]★★★Cargo Pilots Unite!!!★★★ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=668132&#post668132[/b]

Alara IonStorm
#128 - 2011-12-31 19:22:07 UTC
Atticus Fynch wrote:

I love you Alara. You're the gift that keeps on giving.

Hmmm...
Atticus Fynch wrote:

Well, it looks like the thread has reached its end.

I detect Inconsistencies. Perhaps you should have posted this in your Inconsistencies thread.
Atticus Fynch wrote:

xoxoxox

Loosen the Hugs there champ you are a Big Fella and stop slobbering on my face.
Akki Zeta
Novel Creations
#129 - 2011-12-31 20:05:28 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:

The original tapes of the moon landing where re-used for the first shuttle missions in order to save hundreds of thousands of dollars. So think of this: the only original audio-visual stuff surviving of the broadcast of the first moon landing is a 16 mm filmation of a 8" monitor.

It's the kind of stuff that makes Euros shake our heads in puzzled incredulity about how devotely stupid and short-sighted can be American... Lol

It's not just the Americans, If I remember correctly, the Russians reused or melted down a pretty hefty chunk of their early ground breaking stuff as well.
Alara IonStorm
#130 - 2011-12-31 20:36:00 UTC
Akki Zeta wrote:

It's not just the Americans, If I remember correctly, the Russians reused or melted down a pretty hefty chunk of their early ground breaking stuff as well.

This happens all over.

Here is something from a Cracked Article.

Quote:
Industrial-scale book destruction is going on at the British Library, possibly the most prestigious library in the world (you can tell because it's British). Recent book-pulping scandals have hit the University of New South Wales in Australia, as well as several other institutions. Hell, when Borders bookstores went belly-up earlier this year, they decided to destroy all the unsold books instead of donate them.

And no, I'm not just talking about duplicates and old TV Guides, either. Imagine holding a beautiful, dusty, illustrated volume of Shakespeare printed in the 1700s, a calligraphic message from its long-dead owner inscribed on the inside cover, and throwing it straight in the trash. I've been there, more than once. I could have kept it and maybe gotten a few hundred dollars for it on eBay, if my supervisor wasn't watching with specific orders to prevent me from doing that.

And we're talking about a lot of books here -- these libraries are having to cut down their stock in a hurry. Imagine you're the manager of a library, and some accountant tells you that you need to get rid of 100,000 books, and do it in a week. You really have two options. One, you can get a bunch of academics to scour your collection and painstakingly rate each book according to its value and importance. Then you can hire a bunch of people to take down the 100,000 least important books and painstakingly stamp and debug them, one by one. Your second option is to get the computer to spit out a list of the 100,000 least borrowed books, and hire a few people to walk down the aisles with their arms out, throwing those books in a shredding machine.

That second option is much quicker and much cheaper. Sometimes you can find a paper recycling centre that will pay you for the pulp, so destroying the books leads to a net profit. Nobody likes it, but for a librarian it's like your best friend just got bitten by a zombie and you're the only one with a gun.

hough everyone realizes that extremely valuable books are going to inevitably get caught in the same net, there's not much that can be done about it. Nobody is going to order a first-edition Moby-**** from a library warehouse if the 2011 reprint is sitting right there on the shelf. A computer list that ranks books by popularity can't tell the difference.

The BBC has taped over dozens of old shows and broadcasts often destroying the only copies.

There are so many Artifacts in the World being destroyed for reasons of shelf space or convenience. At least now with the internet very little information is lost as hard copies are destroyed. There are lots of copies of everything.
VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#131 - 2011-12-31 23:46:12 UTC
This thread is a hoax.

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch

VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#132 - 2012-01-02 15:39:29 UTC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9669000/9669997.stm

Just sayin.
Just bumpin.
Pirate

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch