These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Just got my 10 days free game time.

Author
Aiwha
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#21 - 2016-04-04 15:18:43 UTC
Join Dreddit. They'll get you pointed in the right direction.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#22 - 2016-04-04 15:24:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Bianca Niam wrote:
I thought it was something exciting as well. As per usual, it's not.

This thread is seems to be shaping up as a good example of people who know how to have fun in EVE (by finding it, joining the right groups, learning about the game) vs people who appear to be the target audience for more mainstream-thempark-hand holding MMOs.

I'm having a blast in this war, literally, I helped kill a Titan 5 days ago.
TechDealer
Why..So..Serious..
#23 - 2016-04-04 16:56:31 UTC  |  Edited by: TechDealer
Jenn aSide wrote:
Bianca Niam wrote:

This thread is seems to be shaping up as a good example of people who know how to have fun in EVE (by finding it, joining the right groups, learning about the game) vs people who appear to be the target audience for more mainstream-thempark-hand holding MMOs.

What you get killing a titan?? And anyway this is a game i don't think there is anything wrong with holding hands.... sigh whats with your kinda attitude? Your attitude just reminds me of the people who are still playing in WOW now lol.
Neuntausend
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2016-04-04 17:02:51 UTC
TechDealer wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

What you get killing a titan??

What do you get for riding a rollercoaster, watching TV or masturbating? Nothing substantial at least, and I hear masturbating will hurt your eyesight. Yet, people still feel compelled to do these things.

You don't need to "get" anything. You either have fun playing the game, or you don't. If you don't, just do something else.
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#25 - 2016-04-04 17:14:59 UTC
TechDealer wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Bianca Niam wrote:

What you get killing a titan?? And anyway this is a game i don't think there is anything wrong with holding hands.... sigh whats with your kinda attitude? Your attitude just reminds me of the people who are still playing in WOW now lol.

And it's confirmed, the problem is you, not some issue with the game.

This is not a game that holds your hand. You have to be a self starter and have some personal initiative , whether you play solo as many do or join a group like the rest of us do. You don't have fun in EVE because you expect the game to tell you how to have fun. It doesn't, you make your own.

You can get mad at me for explaining this to you, but that doesn't help you at all, now does it? You should either figure out how to have fun like the rest of us have, or go do something you actually like. Whatever you do, realize that (like I said above) the main issue here is you.
TechDealer
Why..So..Serious..
#26 - 2016-04-04 21:51:57 UTC  |  Edited by: TechDealer
Jenn aSide wrote:
And it's confirmed, the problem is you, not some issue with the game.

This is not a game that holds your hand. You have to be a self starter and have some personal initiative , whether you play solo as many do or join a group like the rest of us do. You don't have fun in EVE because you expect the game to tell you how to have fun. It doesn't, you make your own.

You can get mad at me for explaining this to you, but that doesn't help you at all, now does it? You should either figure out how to have fun like the rest of us have, or go do something you actually like. Whatever you do, realize that (like I said above) the main issue here is you.

So much hate... and if you find killing a huge pixal ship is entertaining good for you but i was asking a genuine question as in what do you get from killing titan loot or something? Anyway like i said is a game and i am no where angry about a game....chill dude lol Lol
Bianca Niam
Doomheim
#27 - 2016-04-04 22:43:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Bianca Niam
Jenn aSide wrote:
Bianca Niam wrote:

WHAT WAR? What are you even talking about?

- Resub (CCP says "you wanna be here for this") Err ok, let me know alright?
- What am I waiting for again? CCP not letting me know.

Oh wait, you expect me to be all media social and stuff to know what's going on?
TechDealer
Why..So..Serious..
#28 - 2016-04-04 22:51:58 UTC
What so the war is suppose to be pvp or pve?? Ugh
Dark Lord Trump
0.0 Massive Dynamic
Pandemic Horde
#29 - 2016-04-04 23:41:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Dark Lord Trump
TechDealer wrote:
What so the war is suppose to be pvp or pve?? Ugh

Well, you can't really declare war on a bunch of stupid rats now can you? Of course it's PvP! If you want to know how to help/fight, join a corp on either side and they'll give you a ship and point you at some goons/moneybadgers to shoot at. CCP can't say what systems the war is in because it's not their say, it depends on what objective people are trying to take.

TechDealer wrote:
So much hate... and if you find killing a huge pixal ship is entertaining good for you but i was asking a genuine question as in what do you get from killing titan loot or something? Anyway like i said is a game and i am no where angry about a game....chill dude lol Lol

You get fun and excitement, the best loot of all! If your fun per hour is low, there's barely a point in playing.
That and it pads your killboard too.

I'm going to build a big wall that will keep the Gallente out, and they're going to pay for it!

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#30 - 2016-04-05 03:26:26 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:

What do you get for riding a rollercoaster, watching TV or masturbating?

Vomit in my lap, a headache and Catholic guilt.

Mr Epeen Cool
TechDealer
Why..So..Serious..
#31 - 2016-04-05 07:25:52 UTC
Dark Lord Trump wrote:
Well, you can't really declare war on a bunch of stupid rats now can you? Of course it's PvP! If you want to know how to help/fight, join a corp on either side and they'll give you a ship and point you at some goons/moneybadgers to shoot at. CCP can't say what systems the war is in because it's not their say, it depends on what objective people are trying to take.

Ah.... this is what this war is all about, It is a player created event.... I thought is some story arc or event or such. Now this is so much clearer. Thanks. guess not much have changed then other then better graphics but even so is a slide upgrade. Thanks for the clarification.
Meridius Dex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2016-04-05 16:19:48 UTC
I've also just returned on the 10-day offer after years away from the game. I don't get what a lot of this new content is and the new ship classes are also throwing me off a bit. I'm an '07 with 67M SP on my main and I might as well be a complete noob.

Are Incursions still a thing? How about exploring? I'm down to about 2B ISK (I coulda sworn I had more when I left..) and IIRC PvP is an ISK sink. What's a good idea for a guy like me who remembers the glory days of early FW and small gang combat?
Previous page12