These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Citadels] Carriers

First post
Author
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#801 - 2016-05-16 06:47:42 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
oh i meant the guitarists implant set that is supposed to affect drones and fighters not the capital

i'm worried the faction capitals will be as rare as the supers so i don't think i'll ever wind up dealing with them. it would be nice if the dread/carriers were just rare enough to make them worth about 5-8b so they could bridge the gap between cap and supper cap though :/

The only thing I care about is where they will come from.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#802 - 2016-05-16 07:00:23 UTC
from what i understand killing the rats the bpcs are for just with a low drop rate
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#803 - 2016-05-16 07:08:55 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
from what i understand killing the rats the bpcs are for just with a low drop rate

Oh its nice to see LP stores remaining stagnant again. Sure. What ever.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#804 - 2016-05-16 07:12:09 UTC
lol did you expect anything else?

i think CCP has been moving away from LP because most ppl agree its meh at best and limiting at worst. problem is ccp isn't replacing it with anything as far as i can see and i can't think of anything that would work if they did try :?
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#805 - 2016-05-16 08:22:35 UTC
LP stores provide a reason to do FW and live in npc null.

I'm going to articulate to you in my next post some of the reasons why they should improve LP stores.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#806 - 2016-05-16 08:24:10 UTC
yes i know they do that they just do it in a crap way.

thats why i said there was a problem in that ccp is not replacing them with anything as they seem to be moving away from them
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#807 - 2016-05-16 11:17:09 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
LP stores provide a reason to do FW and live in npc null.

I'm going to articulate to you in my next post some of the reasons why they should improve LP stores.

Such a project has threatened to turn in to a massive multi-post endeavor. Not worth doing unless the devs will read it though. I despise wasting time.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#808 - 2016-05-16 11:49:50 UTC
Wouldn't waist it then devs generally stop reading threads
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#809 - 2016-05-16 12:47:13 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Wouldn't waist it then devs generally stop reading threads

I've actually had to tweet fozzie to ask him where the rest of the module rebalance is for
frigates
destroyers
cruisers
battlecruisers
battleships

because the only comprehensive rebalance we've seen thus far is capitals. Frigates were redone in 2011 or so, it's been roughly 5 years and they still can't address things like frigate modules?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#810 - 2016-05-16 12:51:51 UTC
To be fair that's when the rebalancing started and they ate just now getting to capitals. As for modules after how fozzie did with the cap and shield recharge modules (tweaked some numbers ignored feed back and left the balance almost identical hell with the capacitor mods he exaggerated issues) I have lost faith in them when it comes to player feedback
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#811 - 2016-05-16 12:57:22 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
To be fair that's when the rebalancing started and they ate just now getting to capitals. As for modules after how fozzie did with the cap and shield recharge modules (tweaked some numbers ignored feed back and left the balance almost identical hell with the capacitor mods he exaggerated issues) I have lost faith in them when it comes to player feedback

Ytterbium did a fine job of completely cocking up shield boosters.

Armour reppers are also still terrible.

There is so much work to be done they should have worked on it when they were originally redoing the class size by size.

Frigate->small weapons at the same time
cruiser-> medium weapons same time

it feels so arseaboutface to only now retouch the modules and potentially break every single fit in the game. For what? Twice a decade just completely screw with the meta?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#812 - 2016-05-16 13:32:41 UTC
Ccp has to have some of the worst ADD out of all the companies I have interacted with. They will talk up and start an idea just to get half way done with it (if we're lucky) then move on to something else and bounce around trying to patch up other half implemented ideas.

Remember districts? Those things that made it into a couple constellations as a test and were supposed to tie in with dust and be all through eve? Because ccp doesn't
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#813 - 2016-05-16 14:02:08 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Ccp has to have some of the worst ADD out of all the companies I have interacted with. They will talk up and start an idea just to get half way done with it (if we're lucky) then move on to something else and bounce around trying to patch up other half implemented ideas.

Remember districts? Those things that made it into a couple constellations as a test and were supposed to tie in with dust and be all through eve? Because ccp doesn't

I think in their defense severing development of DUST as soon as possible was the best course of action. They're crazy but not stupid in CCP - writing was on the wall that PS3 was on the way out.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#814 - 2016-05-16 14:27:43 UTC
lol the problem was they didn't do it as soon as possible it took way to long
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#815 - 2016-05-17 01:04:28 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
like i said even in WH a lot of the time you are better off with a dread just because you do not need logi and your HAW are far more reliable and consistent while having the same DPS and not needing a reload

i was just trying to point out small areas that carriers can still be used and ways we have found to make use of their re-load time.

i feel if they gave them more e-war options even if it was just with the support fighters and not local based carriers would have a place that dreads couldn't fill themselves. even with out that the current support fighters are a joke even if i could launch them w/o giving up DPS no way i would have them take valuable space in my fighter bay.

EDIT;

wait maybe carriers will not be as bad as we think

what if they have been pre-nerfed to allow for the new guitarists drone set?

Ahh yes, nerfing a complete class of ships then introduce a very limited availability implant set that will cost more than the benefits it will add. Sounds about right.........
OR CCP could continue along its current path - Buy 6 plex and get an implant as a bonus, buy 12 and get 2 of the set as a bonus..

As for reloading a full bay of fighters using a timer - Should carriers survive long enough for this to be necessary or even possible?
Around a billion isk for a full bay of fighters (unless your using throw away T1's, then its only around 600 mil) - That needs to be replaced mid fight?
How fukin broken are carriers...... Point the carrier - Kill all its fighters - Rinse and repeat - What a great meta...
Far better than padding your killboard with split guns in a fight - Just kill light fighters - They die easily and generate all the killmails you could ask for.

More Ewar options only works if carriers have an additional dedicated Ewar launch tube...

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#816 - 2016-05-17 04:03:35 UTC
Clearly you didn't play wows... just thank the gods that ships weren't given automated point defense.

Something I do lament though is the lack of DOT attacks from dive bombers.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#817 - 2016-05-17 05:03:52 UTC
not really a fan of dot it doesn't work well in eve
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#818 - 2016-05-17 07:22:03 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
not really a fan of dot it doesn't work well in eve

There is maybe a place for in eve for bombers and fighterbombers to have DOTs. It would help in emasculate the effects of repairs on supers and titans. Especially important that now you get things like HAW dreads and HAW titans as these are somewhat capable of killing off subcaps.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#819 - 2016-05-18 21:35:09 UTC
but they are now less capable of killing sub caps then b4. with a support fleet i used to be able to track sub caps in my nag just fine and i had more dps doing it. with carriers i used to be able to apply more damage to any sized target and have nearly unlimited drones.

capitals are now better for the adv joe to use against sub caps but are far less useful in the hands of some one who knows what they are doing( normally i would be all for a change like this only issue is carriers where they can now only be effective against sub caps)
Shalashaska Adam
Snakes and Lasers
#820 - 2016-05-19 03:36:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Shalashaska Adam
The carriers are in desperate need of new models to go with their new redesign.

They must be amongst the oldest models still in the game, and they are physically tiny also compared to the new FAX's.

Would someone in the art department perhaps comment on whether that is in the pipeline for any time soon?