These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Citadels] Carriers

First post
Author
Lugh Crow-Slave
#721 - 2016-05-13 08:01:31 UTC
Miss 'Assassination' Cayman wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
And if you can't bring dreads kite the carries with t3ds orthrus or interceptors. Fighters are incredibly easy to kill if you focus them. However igor the km kill the fights down only to 3-4 fights at this point the carrier will have to recall and wait the reload or keep them out despite them now doing very little dps

Or just abandon them for later.

Right now this is bugged just tried to do it in a fight last night you can abandon but not reconnect:/
Miss 'Assassination' Cayman
CK-0FF
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#722 - 2016-05-13 09:14:06 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
And if you can't bring dreads kite the carries with t3ds orthrus or interceptors. Fighters are incredibly easy to kill if you focus them. However igor the km kill the fights down only to 3-4 fights at this point the carrier will have to recall and wait the reload or keep them out despite them now doing very little dps

Or just abandon them for later.

Right now this is bugged just tried to do it in a fight last night you can abandon but not reconnect:/

True, you can't reconnect remotely. You can however load and launch another squadron to continue fighting then scoop the abandoned squadron once things calm down. Or you could even have the squadron(s) move next to your ship, abandon them, and scoop them immediately while loading the new squadron. In any case, abandoning a squadron could help alleviate the dilemma of continuing to attack with only part of a squadron or recalling and waiting for them to refuel before reloading the tube.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#723 - 2016-05-13 09:44:55 UTC
Ah I see what you mean and yes that works and is one of the reasons you need to pull them off the carrier with kiting and why you don't want to kill to many (making abandonment the obvious choice) I was unaware however that you could scoop to fighter bay with a weapons timer. That had to be an oversight right?
Miss 'Assassination' Cayman
CK-0FF
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#724 - 2016-05-13 10:16:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Miss 'Assassination' Cayman
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Ah I see what you mean and yes that works and is one of the reasons you need to pull them off the carrier with kiting and why you don't want to kill to many (making abandonment the obvious choice) I was unaware however that you could scoop to fighter bay with a weapons timer. That had to be an oversight right?

I'm honestly not sure I've ever tried it with a weapons timer. How would that be an oversight though? I mean you can pick up anything else with a timer and the most possible abuse I can see coming from it is putting your fighters at risk for a few seconds to reduce the ridiculous reload time a bit after running out of missiles.
Voodoch1ld
The Fork
Clever Use of Neutral Toons
#725 - 2016-05-13 10:28:55 UTC
Like always, and players that play this game +5 years can confirm this. CCP goes and makes changes to certain ships.
Makes them very popular or even OP like fighters in this case. They gonna fix this but knowing CCP its gonna be within a
month or 2 years. So abuse while you can. Its not an exploit. And you do not need to lie to community that its not broken.
You do not need to lie to your self either. I did some carrier gate camping yesterday and it was disgusting.
One shooting cruisers. Decloacking Cov ops with fighters and insta popping them. Atron tried to burn out of bubbles
and moved maybe 2 km before he got volley'd. Its broken and anybody who says otherwise can suck **** by choice.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#726 - 2016-05-13 10:37:16 UTC
Voodoch1ld wrote:
Like always, and players that play this game +5 years can confirm this. CCP goes and makes changes to certain ships.
Makes them very popular or even OP like fighters in this case. They gonna fix this but knowing CCP its gonna be within a
month or 2 years. So abuse while you can. Its not an exploit. And you do not need to lie to community that its not broken.
You do not need to lie to your self either. I did some carrier gate camping yesterday and it was disgusting.
One shooting cruisers. Decloacking Cov ops with fighters and insta popping them. Atron tried to burn out of bubbles
and moved maybe 2 km before he got volley'd. Its broken and anybody who says otherwise can suck **** by choice.

they are anti-subcap ships, did you think the cruiser you 1-shoted would just kite you and kill you?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#727 - 2016-05-13 10:38:35 UTC
It's remarkable how all the people crying bring only anecdotes, not a single piece of tangible evidence open to peer review or critique.

Funny that.
Voodoch1ld
The Fork
#728 - 2016-05-13 10:40:42 UTC
So if they anti sub cap ships they should alpha all sub caps?
If Dreads are anti cap ships lets make then so they can alpha capital.
Problem solved.
Voodoch1ld
The Fork
#729 - 2016-05-13 10:44:31 UTC
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
It's remarkable how all the people crying bring only anecdotes, not a single piece of tangible evidence open to peer review or critique.

Funny that.

Its funny how are f delusional and keep claiming that a broken thing is not broken.
I guess i would be too if i found something that wont lose in anoms like you lose Ishtars.
Kinda hard to imagine losing those 45 mil ticks?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#730 - 2016-05-13 10:44:51 UTC
Voodoch1ld wrote:
Problem solved.

..... but they don't alpha all sub caps only large or tackled ones with low buffer
Lugh Crow-Slave
#731 - 2016-05-13 10:46:31 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

I'm honestly not sure I've ever tried it with a weapons timer. How would that be an oversight though? I mean you can pick up anything else with a timer and the most possible abuse I can see coming from it is putting your fighters at risk for a few seconds to reduce the ridiculous reload time a bit after running out of missiles.

Because you can't add new fighters to your bay with a timer using this carriers can effectively share their fighter bay with one another
Lugh Crow-Slave
#732 - 2016-05-13 10:52:22 UTC
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

Funny that.

Even without that just looking at the raw numbers of 39k alpha with all V skills on a Thany or nid with 4 DDAs is less than the total ehp of most buffer tanked sub caps that would be at risk of taking the full amount.

The dps of a carrier is in the ball park of 3k and that's if you don't factor in reload or lost fighters this is not a lot of dps to be coming from a capital ship. The old blap dreads were magnitudes more effective than these carriers. The distance was people knew the capabilities and weaknesses of them woth carriers people are still trying to fight them like pre-citadel
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#733 - 2016-05-13 10:52:23 UTC
Voodoch1ld wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

Funny that.

Its funny how are f delusional and keep claiming that a broken thing is not broken.
I guess i would be too if i found something that wont lose in anoms like you lose Ishtars.

you sound really mad about carriers being good and needing other capitals to kill them Shocked

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Lugh Crow-Slave
#734 - 2016-05-13 10:53:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Lan Wang wrote:
Voodoch1ld wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

Funny that.

you sound really mad about carriers being good and needing other capitals to kill them Shocked

But you don't even need other capitals look at my kb we lost two carriers to a sub cap fleet most smaller than BC

EDIT:

You will also notice our all powerful sub cap killers did not score many kills. Most things were just to small and fast to hit. Only things we killed were a few that left rep range and one logi that decided he liked where he was and turned his engine off
Voodoch1ld
The Fork
#735 - 2016-05-13 10:55:27 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Voodoch1ld wrote:
Problem solved.

..... but they don't alpha all sub caps only large or tackled ones with low buffer

Mate, if you alpha stuff you do not need to tackle it FFS.
In what sane mind is normal to you that a cruiser gets rekt without a chance to align yet alone warp out?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#736 - 2016-05-13 10:59:01 UTC
Voodoch1ld wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Voodoch1ld wrote:
Problem solved.

Mate, if you alpha stuff you do not need to tackle it FFS.
In what sane mind is normal to you that a cruiser gets rekt without a chance to align yet alone warp out?

.... you did read the part where I said they don't alpha the ones that aren't tackled right?
Voodoch1ld
The Fork
#737 - 2016-05-13 10:59:10 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Voodoch1ld wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

Funny that.

Im not mad. I abuse the **** out of it. I just do not go and lie how its working as it should be.
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#738 - 2016-05-13 10:59:25 UTC
Voodoch1ld wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

Funny that.

Aw bless, it's been ages since someone killboard stalked me. Allow me to return the favour: Where are your carrier kills bro? No wait, I'll guess "an opsec alt".

I've posted evidence in this very thread of carrier alpha, what you have posted are ill ill formed and unsupported whines.

So I tell you what, princess, go get me some evidence and perhaps then we can talk. But I guarantee you can't do that without one or both ships being shitfit.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#739 - 2016-05-13 11:04:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Voodoch1ld wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Voodoch1ld wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

Funny that.

Im not mad. I abuse the **** out of it. I just do not go and lie how its working as it should be.

A ship who's role is dedicated to killing sub caps is very efficient so long as it has support but is a floundering fish without support is not working as intended?
EDIT:
And so long as there are less than 8 sub caps
/EDIT
I suppose my RHML widow is also op because it melts webbed and painted cruisers before reps can even think about landing
Voodoch1ld
The Fork
#740 - 2016-05-13 11:09:59 UTC
You need webs and painters to do that.
For a carriers you do not need either one.