These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wine support for Mac

First post First post
Author
Ronald Sotken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#141 - 2016-03-24 02:16:39 UTC
Still having the strange issue with billboard video playing in full screen when I jump into systems that have a billboard on gate, but its much more playable than using cider, and I appreciate that.

I logged in no less than 12 hours ago, WINE wrapper worked fine, but now the latest WINE version results in the client not starting at all. The launcher shows a stop symbol and the bar goes green as if the client is launching, but then it goes back to a state of no client running.

MacBook Pro 2012,
Directx 9
Using OS X 10.10.5
WINE latest
Launcher version 1021473 (according to About EVE Launcher)

Clients launch fine with cider.

If I switch back to WINE version 1.8.1-test, the same issue exists.

I also posted this in the update to the WINE wrapper thread.

I can send through the logs in an evemail in full.
Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#142 - 2016-03-24 12:10:33 UTC
CCP Snorlax, did you change something some in which the command key works again?

If you did. I love you even more.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#143 - 2016-03-24 12:22:59 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:
CCP Snorlax, did you change something some in which the command key works again?

Yes, I did, in the default Wine version.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#144 - 2016-03-24 12:41:59 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Amarisen Gream wrote:

You deserve a dozen cookies...

Thank you

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#145 - 2016-03-24 13:23:10 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Amarisen Gream wrote:

Thank you

Chocolate chip, please :)

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#146 - 2016-03-24 16:23:33 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Amarisen Gream wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Amarisen Gream wrote:

Thank you

Chocolate chip, please :)

I can't read Icelandic. :(
http://bernhoftsbakari.is/#_=_

Any one here know how to set up a way to buy Snorlax some cookies?

Lillik Eoner
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#147 - 2016-03-25 00:42:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Lillik Eoner
Not sure if I did something wrong, but my launcher (v. 1021473) does not allow me to switch between wrappers.

EDIT: Never mind. I found it. lol
Dom Aumer
Lone Wolf Union
The Rogue Consortium
#148 - 2016-03-25 20:01:02 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Configuring the EVE client to run under WINE worked without a hitch, but I'm unable to access the general settings menu (ESC) to reconfigure anything. I just turns the screen greyscale and nothing appears. The lack of this menu and the functionality of command keys is a deal killer at this point, unfortunately. That and the ability to import existing settings.

I seemed to be having the same issue. Windows (including the Esc -> settings window) weren't properly stacking and windows disappeared upon trying to open/close things (i.e. they were there since I could see tooltips but the windows themselves were invisible).

This was only an issue when I was out in space, not in the character selection screen. My character normally was logged out in a POS and I found when I docked/undocked the in-space window issues were fixed (one time I had to dock/undock twice).
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#149 - 2016-03-25 20:49:30 UTC
Dom Aumer wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Configuring the EVE client to run under WINE worked without a hitch, but I'm unable to access the general settings menu (ESC) to reconfigure anything. I just turns the screen greyscale and nothing appears. The lack of this menu and the functionality of command keys is a deal killer at this point, unfortunately. That and the ability to import existing settings.

I seemed to be having the same issue. Windows (including the Esc -> settings window) weren't properly stacking and windows disappeared upon trying to open/close things (i.e. they were there since I could see tooltips but the windows themselves were invisible).

This was only an issue when I was out in space, not in the character selection screen. My character normally was logged out in a POS and I found when I docked/undocked the in-space window issues were fixed (one time I had to dock/undock twice).

Please file a bug report in game right after this happens, I need to see logs. Even better if you have full logs from LogLite - attach to the bug report.

Dom Aumer
Lone Wolf Union
The Rogue Consortium
#150 - 2016-03-25 22:08:06 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Dom Aumer wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Please file a bug report in game right after this happens, I need to see logs. Even better if you have full logs from LogLite - attach to the bug report.

Done & done.

EBR-74128

Thanks for the Wine support!
Invisusira
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#151 - 2016-03-26 01:06:14 UTC
window keeps enlarging itself on launch. sent bug report, EBR-74163
Liam Campbell
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#152 - 2016-03-27 08:16:32 UTC
The IGB is not freezing now, this is amazing thank you. But some websites are having problems loading. Sreenshots of evepraisal.com and zkillboard.com

https://i.gyazo.com/43a2695b6cd6b51fb9eacfb4dd58bb2a.png
https://i.gyazo.com/40be11666e39000d16d4e9f3293b64bb.png
Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#153 - 2016-03-27 16:11:46 UTC
Invisusira wrote:
window keeps enlarging itself on launch. sent bug report, EBR-74163

CCP Snorlax has stated he has made a fix for this that will take place in a patch soon after Easter. You can find his post on page 7

Apoq Surrat
Zero-Point Solutions
DammFam
#154 - 2016-03-27 21:09:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Apoq Surrat
WINE had been working, but during one of the recent updates it quit. Clicking play now just turns the bar green for a while, then it goes back to blue. This is using the "latest" version option on two different MacPro systems I have, one with Nvidia GTX 680, and other with ATI Radeon 5870, both running El Capitan 10.11.4.

Hopefully the after-easter patch will help things.

Until then, I'm back to using Cider.

Also... Thanks so much CCP Snorlax for helping us Mac users !

MacPro (mid 2012) dual 6-core Xeon 3.06ghz, 64GB ECC Ram, PCIe-SSD, 2x SSHD, BD, SD, Nvidia Titan Xp. Running macOS Sierra 10.12.4.

CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#155 - 2016-03-27 22:18:54 UTC
Apoq Surrat wrote:
WINE had been working, but during one of the recent updates it quit. Clicking play now just turns the bar green for a while, then it goes back to blue. This is using the "latest" version option on two different MacPro systems I have, one with Nvidia GTX 680, and other with ATI Radeon 5870, both running El Capitan 10.11.4.

Try switching the Wine version to 1.8.1-test instead of latest - let me know if that changes anything.

Gaius Plantagenet
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#156 - 2016-03-28 01:44:17 UTC
Earlier this week (Tuesday?) the Mac launcher just stopped working on my late-2009 iMac (OS 10.10.5, 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB). Even before then, every launch brought a renewed file download. Switching to 1.8.1-test got it working again and it seems to be quite stable now, and no longer downloads new files with each launch.
Apoq Surrat
Zero-Point Solutions
DammFam
#157 - 2016-03-28 15:40:46 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Apoq Surrat wrote:

Try switching the Wine version to 1.8.1-test instead of latest - let me know if that changes anything.

Changing to 1.8.1-test fixed it on both MacPro systems and the game ran fine.

MacPro (mid 2012) dual 6-core Xeon 3.06ghz, 64GB ECC Ram, PCIe-SSD, 2x SSHD, BD, SD, Nvidia Titan Xp. Running macOS Sierra 10.12.4.

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#158 - 2016-04-02 00:02:51 UTC
CCP Snorlax,

Any idea on when the patch will be that fixes the resolution changes upon start up?

I am using Wine version, latest

Invisusira
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#159 - 2016-04-02 16:30:21 UTC
I randomly get sessions where I have to use my control key instead of my command key as a modifier for things like select all, copy, paste, etc. Seems completely random and happens maybe 1 in 5 or 6 sessions? Submitted bug report.
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#160 - 2016-04-03 23:52:36 UTC
Invisusira wrote:
I randomly get sessions where I have to use my control key instead of my command key as a modifier for things like select all, copy, paste, etc. Seems completely random and happens maybe 1 in 5 or 6 sessions? Submitted bug report.

Make sure you don't have the dev versions of Wine enabled.

The dev versions are built automatically from 3 different repos, only one of which has my changes. If you have the dev versions enabled, with Latest selected, you will be somewhat randomly jumping between the CCP fork of Wine (which has the keyboard mapping fixed) or the original Wine repo from either the development or the stable branch. The ability to select from these dev builds is primarily to enable us to test different versions.