These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Neutral Pilots at FW Capture Points

Author
Riot Alice
Doomheim
#21 - 2016-02-29 23:47:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Riot Alice
CPL Ellis wrote:
The outcome of the fight would have been completely different if I was able to engage him when he warped in from the acceleration gate.

Turn off your safety, you shouldn't be using it in lowsec... Now you can engage first! You're welcome.

Yes you will take a sec hit but you live and operate in lowsec, your sec vs your ship. Your call, if you lose your ship it's your fault if you can't defend your ship and assets you deserve neither.
Rovain Sess
Mysterious Wu Fang Clan
#22 - 2016-03-01 20:23:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Rovain Sess
Until the game changes - which may be tommorrow or maybe never, you must approach the games as it currently exists. As of right now you can dscan and depart or fight. Personally I feel that a plex is mine while I'm in it, and I always assume hostile intent. In addition, a awoxing is also a real factor, so I also treat fellow militia members with a wary eye. I gave up on sec status long ago, but CCP hasn't deemed those in the militias a concession in this arena of the game. Personally I'd be all for it, but until it's real, we gotta deal.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
Shadow Cartel
#23 - 2016-03-03 02:34:39 UTC
Forget about sec status.

Always shoot 1st.
Dread Operative
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#24 - 2016-03-04 00:58:27 UTC
As a pirate and an ex FW player, it makes no sense that upon entering a military zone they at the very least don't get a Limited Engagement with everyone inside or vice versa.
Eric de'Locke
Hull Pen
Dock Workers
#25 - 2016-03-16 11:46:36 UTC
CPL Ellis wrote:
Hello community,

This is my first post on the forums. I am not trolling nor do I intend to and I am looking for constructive feedback. Please keep that in mind when reading this post.

I have played EVE on and off since 2013. I started to really get into the game once I heard about FW. I feel it is a good way to break the ice into the PVP world and provides an invaluable learning experience for new pilots. However, I have noticed a slight "flaw" from my perspective with the capture system.

Last night I was capping a facility when a neutral pilot warped in. All I could really do was target him but ultimately he has control over the engagement unless I want to take a security hit. Long story short he waited until the situation was in his favor to engage and by that time there wasn't much I could do. The outcome of the fight would have been completely different if I was able to engage him when he warped in from the acceleration gate.

I love ganking. I love fighting my way through unfavorable odds. I love pvp. I don't like the fact that the mechanics of the game prevent me from defending myself in a PVP war zone. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe everything I said is wrong. Perhaps there is a way to attack first, but I haven't figured out how. If everything I stated is correct I have suggestion on how to fix this system.

If a neutral pilot warps into a war zone facility I believe they should be flagged as a "suspect". This would not restrict their access to the area but at least give pilots the opportunity to defend themselves without worrying about a security hit for those of us that don't operate out of low sec space. There is really no other reason for them to be there so by going to a site they have consciously accepted the risk of doing so. This does not restrict or impact the sand box aspect of the game and doesn't restrict anyone from assisting group or fleet members.

Please let me know what you guys think.

CPL Ellis

Lol, this has been a debate within my corp and other Teamspeak channels before and it's always amusing to hear/read people comments. As a pilot in FW I agree in some regard that if a neutral enters a plex he should be engageable without consequence as he is preventing the FW pilot from capturing the system without having to worry about counting down the timer, etc. FW is there, after all, to indicate to others that you are willing to fight and the person in the plex does have the advantage of setting up to capture the other pilot, so it's kind of a moot subject Big smile
Previous page12