These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Launcher

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Launcher version 1010659

First post
Author
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-02-22 11:24:12 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Snorlax
Lots of little things:

  • Fixed a crash when logging long messages.
  • Don't show console window for updater.
  • Don't auto update if updater needs eleveation.
  • Don't attempt to copy if processes are running for the given server.
  • Fixed an issue with showing status of EVE accounts that were running when the launcher starts.
  • Notify user of certificate errors from web page.
  • Removed logviewer window - use LogLite from now on.
  • Updater now passes any command line arguments given by the launcher, allowing the launcher to restart with the same arguments it got when it started.
  • Fixed an issue with occasional corrupt arguments to updater.
  • Settings folders are now renamed when moving shared cache, fixing an issue where moving the shared cache would lose all client settings.
  • Logging changes.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Finn Cer'gar
People of the Saiya
Silent Company
#2 - 2016-02-22 17:37:36 UTC
Hi,

I'm still having issues with the launcher updates. Game updates seem to be working.

The launcher claims to have downloaded an update and wants to apply it. However, the progress-bar is empty, the launcher does not close and the update executable does not seem to open after the 30 seconds are passed (also no UAC elevation request).
Initially the launcher did show a full progress-bar, closed the launcher, requested UAC elevation and opened the update executable. The launcher is not opened again and after restarting the launcher the issues described above occurs.

Turning it off and on did not help ;)
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2016-02-22 17:52:20 UTC
Finn Cer'gar wrote:
Hi,

I'm still having issues with the launcher updates. Game updates seem to be working.

The launcher claims to have downloaded an update and wants to apply it. However, the progress-bar is empty, the launcher does not close and the update executable does not seem to open after the 30 seconds are passed (also no UAC elevation request).
Initially the launcher did show a full progress-bar, closed the launcher, requested UAC elevation and opened the update executable. The launcher is not opened again and after restarting the launcher the issues described above occurs.

Turning it off and on did not help ;)

Try deleting updater.exe from your shared cache folder. Let me know if that helps - if not, I'd be curious to see your logs from %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\Launcher. Put them in a Dropbox or Google Drive and send me the link in EVEMail.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Finn Cer'gar
People of the Saiya
Silent Company
#4 - 2016-02-22 18:03:02 UTC
Removing the update.exe from the shared cache worked, it finished the update.
Logs are here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2-gGYeKi_wmbk9OMms3ZXpvN2s&usp=sharing
Current Habit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-02-22 19:48:26 UTC
The ads in the lower right corner (like 'recruiting is rewarding' or 'Aurum deals') have a bug in them. When clicking it opens multiple, sometimes dozens of identical pages. Multiple people report they're also affected by the issue in this reddit thread.
Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#6 - 2016-02-22 20:04:34 UTC
Currently the launcher disallows launching a client if there is update. This is bit problematic if you need to change character on one of the accounts as you can't relaunch the client. There is cases where you can't turn of all of the clients for the update the get the one online.

Thus, It would be cool if the launcher showed big red popup that "PLEASE CLOSE ALL THE CLIENTS TO UPDATE!", but would allow you to launch clients as long as there is at least one client running. So when you close the last client the launcher would disallow launching the clients and would do the update.
Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#7 - 2016-02-22 23:14:48 UTC
Current Habit wrote:
The ads in the lower right corner (like 'recruiting is rewarding' or 'Aurum deals') have a bug in them. When clicking it opens multiple, sometimes dozens of identical pages. Multiple people report they're also affected by the issue in this reddit thread.


Launcher opens me only 1 window/tab after launch and multiple after multiple hours, so could the auto refresh or other procedure add always new launch to the link, thus after multiple hours one gets huge amounts of tabs?
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2016-02-23 09:15:41 UTC
Raphendyr Nardieu wrote:
Current Habit wrote:
The ads in the lower right corner (like 'recruiting is rewarding' or 'Aurum deals') have a bug in them. When clicking it opens multiple, sometimes dozens of identical pages. Multiple people report they're also affected by the issue in this reddit thread.


Launcher opens me only 1 window/tab after launch and multiple after multiple hours, so could the auto refresh or other procedure add always new launch to the link, thus after multiple hours one gets huge amounts of tabs?

There was a bug that was quickly fixed.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#9 - 2016-02-25 21:22:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Raphendyr Nardieu
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Raphendyr Nardieu wrote:
Current Habit wrote:
The ads in the lower right corner (like 'recruiting is rewarding' or 'Aurum deals') have a bug in them. When clicking it opens multiple, sometimes dozens of identical pages. Multiple people report they're also affected by the issue in this reddit thread.


Launcher opens me only 1 window/tab after launch and multiple after multiple hours, so could the auto refresh or other procedure add always new launch to the link, thus after multiple hours one gets huge amounts of tabs?

There was a bug that was quickly fixed.


I'm still having this issue with launcher 1011198 and GUI 1.857.

Had the launcher open for 2 days and it opened like 20-30 tabs from the ad. Selected refresh from E-button and now it opens just one.

edit: In the loglite (had that open) there is 44 "handleCommand, ... openurl" and then the ad url. After refresh there is only one.

edit2: I have the log saved, if you would like to have it.
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2016-02-26 13:42:49 UTC
Raphendyr Nardieu wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Raphendyr Nardieu wrote:
Current Habit wrote:
The ads in the lower right corner (like 'recruiting is rewarding' or 'Aurum deals') have a bug in them. When clicking it opens multiple, sometimes dozens of identical pages. Multiple people report they're also affected by the issue in this reddit thread.


Launcher opens me only 1 window/tab after launch and multiple after multiple hours, so could the auto refresh or other procedure add always new launch to the link, thus after multiple hours one gets huge amounts of tabs?

There was a bug that was quickly fixed.


I'm still having this issue with launcher 1011198 and GUI 1.857.

Had the launcher open for 2 days and it opened like 20-30 tabs from the ad. Selected refresh from E-button and now it opens just one.

edit: In the loglite (had that open) there is 44 "handleCommand, ... openurl" and then the ad url. After refresh there is only one.

edit2: I have the log saved, if you would like to have it.

Please file a bug report, attaching the log. I'll make sure somebody looks into this.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#11 - 2016-02-26 17:11:18 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:

Please file a bug report, attaching the log. I'll make sure somebody looks into this.


EBR-69081 created
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2016-03-01 15:14:17 UTC
Raphendyr Nardieu wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:

Please file a bug report, attaching the log. I'll make sure somebody looks into this.


EBR-69081 created

OK, this should really be fixed now. There were actually two separate issues with similar symptoms, the first one was fixed right away but I'm told the second one is fixed now as well.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/