These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

New Manufacturing Structure.

Author
Buzz Orti
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2016-03-02 22:06:02 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Starbases are not as popular post-Crius. There are lots of free moons.

After finding a planet with a free moon via d-scan (warp to each planet in a fast ship or shuttle, then scan with reduced range that doesn't reach other planet's moons, then count the towers and compare it to the planet's moon count), I'm usually lazy and just warp to every moon around the planet instead of doing more d-scans to pinpoint it.

It takes me at most 10 minutes to find a free moon, much less if there is no free moons (rare these days).

I'll try it, maybe start a repository of free moon services with people scanning moons for sale.
I can sell things that work more based on functionality than popularity.

I don't mind the competition selling 2 times or 4 times more , as long as they only sell useless junks and scams.

I didn't scan any.

There was a gas planet with 21 or so moons around it but I didn't have to verify that one.
I just warped to around 8 moons but it took me over 10 to 30 minutes.
It only took around 20 MB or so to do it though which is practically free for me compared to the $3 / hr I used to pay.

I can already smell the money before it is printed.

By the way, I just called the store that sold me the hardware box this thing is running on and they said that I need 2 GB DDR-3 RAM chips, though I don't know the rest of the specification for the RAM yet.
They also sell 4 GB systems which can be upgraded to 8 GB.
The 4 GB and 8 GB RAM chips won't work on the motherboard that I have at this time.

So, I will try to find some compatible RAM chip after verifying which specific type it is , whether there is a parity or non-parity field and whether or not there is a simm-socket type or some other related data.

Also, I have to go pickup a pair of glasses so I can read without removing my glasses and I will pick up a mic that works although ...
I think I will pick one for $20 + tax.
That will work great for videos.
I can add videos to the post I make or to the new threads I make.
I make graphic too for those who don't or can't or won't read and like to complain too much because they are too addicted or are paid by the significant other to do so.

Builds ship in empty Quafe bottle.

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#22 - 2016-03-03 17:37:51 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:

After finding a planet with a free moon via d-scan (warp to each planet in a fast ship or shuttle, then scan with reduced range that doesn't reach other planet's moons, then count the towers and compare it to the planet's moon count), I'm usually lazy and just warp to every moon around the planet instead of doing more d-scans to pinpoint it.

It takes me at most 10 minutes to find a free moon, much less if there is no free moons (rare these days).

Seriously. You could throw a space-rock and it would bounce off of three available moons before drifting off into the void.

If you can't find a free moon, the system is likely to be **** for manufacturing, anyway, due to SCI.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Buzz Orti
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2016-03-03 21:20:53 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:

Seriously. You could throw a space-rock and it would bounce off of three available moons before drifting off into the void.

If you can't find a free moon, the system is likely to be **** for manufacturing, anyway, due to SCI.

What do you mean by SCI?

Is it:
The skills regarding Astrometrics and Signal Acquisition are outdated (pre-Aphocripha). ,

or Science
or what?

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#24 - 2016-03-04 00:01:04 UTC
Buzz Orti wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:

What do you mean by SCI?

Is it:
The skills regarding Astrometrics and Signal Acquisition are outdated (pre-Aphocripha). ,

or Science
or what?

I assume system cost indices are being referred to.

The higher the index, the higher the cost of installing a job.
Buzz Orti
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2016-03-04 00:07:56 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Buzz Orti wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:

What do you mean by SCI?

Is it:

or Science
or what?

That makes sense, it costed me around less than 1 or 2 m ISK to run my tower with nothing on it.

That also doesn't include the ISK I could have made mining in the system or looking for anomalies nearby.

Once I get further I can add items to the POS to test costs, including logistic and times.

I also do sell items as a trader 1 jump away from where I am.

I believe there is a 20 trillion market there.

But even a SCI code from 1 to 8 and optional letters to it to modify the Indices would be useful for comparison.

Different players would have different costs given different situations and opportunities or problems related to them.

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#26 - 2016-03-04 18:27:06 UTC
Buzz Orti wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Buzz Orti wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:

What do you mean by SCI?

Is it:

or Science
or what?

That makes sense, it costed me around less than 1 or 2 m ISK to run my tower with nothing on it.

That also doesn't include the ISK I could have made mining in the system or looking for anomalies nearby.

Once I get further I can add items to the POS to test costs, including logistic and times.

But even a SCI code from 1 to 8 and optional letters to it to modify the Indices would be useful for comparison.

Different players would have different costs given different situations and opportunities or problems related to them.

What is this I don't even

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Haffsol
#27 - 2016-03-04 21:54:25 UTC
Buzz Orti wrote:

Say WAT? Shocked
Buzz Orti
State War Academy
Caldari State
#28 - 2016-03-05 01:59:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Buzz Orti
So well, I will buy and install my first manufacturing structure tonight since I can still afford it and I just did get paid.

I have to fix a small annoying problem before though.

+ My boss told me to not just do nothing about those attacking my credit.

Bugsy VanHalen
Society of lost Souls
#29 - 2016-03-05 02:05:57 UTC
Sounds like you have read a lot of outdated information.

For one things, the cost of fueling a POS no longer changes with what arrays you add. That changed when fuel blocks were added years ago. They now consume a flat amount of fuel blocks per hour no matter how loaded or empty it is. 10 blocks per hour for a small, 20 blocks per hour for a medium, and 40 blocks per hour for a large.

The SCI (system Cost Index) is much newer and has a huge impact on manufacturing costs. for example building a freighter in a system with high manufacturing activity could cost 10 t0 20 million extra in job installation costs over a system with very low manufacturing activity. What SCI affects is the higher an activity in a system, the high the cost of that activity becomes. building in a station or a POS is equally affected by the SCI.

Buzz Orti
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2016-03-05 02:15:09 UTC
Bugsy VanHalen wrote:
Sounds like you have read a lot of outdated information.

For one things, the cost of fueling a POS no longer changes with what arrays you add. That changed when fuel blocks were added years ago. They now consume a flat amount of fuel blocks per hour no matter how loaded or empty it is. 10 blocks per hour for a small, 20 blocks per hour for a medium, and 40 blocks per hour for a large.

The SCI (system Cost Index) is much newer and has a huge impact on manufacturing costs. for example building a freighter in a system with high manufacturing activity could cost 10 t0 20 million extra in job installation costs over a system with very low manufacturing activity. What SCI affects is the higher an activity in a system, the high the cost of that activity becomes. building in a station or a POS is equally affected by the SCI.

Why do you say that it sounds like I have read a lot of outdated information?

Is the SCI (System Cost Index) an integral part of the new manufacturing system when they upgraded / updated it to include group manufacturing? Or is it just a third party program?
I was referring to making a 3rd party program for it, or multiple 3rd party programs (functions) with it.

Also, is it possible to only specialize in Science without Research?
What application would a pilot be able to do with Science only and without Research?
I mean, how can Science Skills be applied to one's activity without Research?
I know I will verify after, but why should I just check before (I only have 2 minutes left).

Please verify the context of my statements and scope rather than first making alternate assumptions designed to argue against me for no other goals but to change context and delay scope focus.

Previous page12