These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Destruct-Ore - The Mining Buddy Replacement

Author
Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-02-18 00:41:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Devilen
I am remaking this thread due to the old one getting locked due to Real Life.

Hello everyone, for anyone who doesn't know I started writing a remake of an older Industry tool that was used quite a bit called Mining Buddy. I have called it Destruct-Ore I started development about 2012 but due to Real Life mostly my kids and changing jobs I was forced to put Destruct-Ore on the back burner working on it when I have time.

Right now I am just trying to see if people would still be interested in this or not. I have a two ways that people can use this, one as a service where I host it for you or you can install it yourself. Now a little bit about D-Ore below.

D-Ore is the replacement for Mining Buddy and no longer requires you to be in a corp to use. This can be used on a per user basis or a group that's not in the same corp. It is no longer just for mining but many other aspects of EvE that you might need help tracking and managing.

If you sign-up for the demo site please make sure to use the API Key that is requested on the registration page. The Access Masks have been setup and as of, 11/29/2014 it does not validate based off access masks but it will in the final version of 0.5 and if your key is not proper it will kick it out.

Also if you would like you API or account removed please let me know I will remove the Account and any API content within 24 hours or less from getting the eve-mail. Also please make sure not to disable the key on the API side without first disabling it in the tool. This will lead to errors and the banning of your account on the application. We will be having a version with the SSO once it is available for all to use but only if you use the hosted Service.

Current Status: Hosted or Download
Current Version: 0.5.1
Next Release Version: 0.5.2

(Please note this login wont work with demo/demo it requires you to sign up use a real active api key)

(Released) Version 0.5.1: http://dore.eve-tools.net
(Development) Version 0.5.2: http://dev-dore.eve-tools.net

Feel free to look at the old original look of D-Ore.

Go to eve-tools.net to download the new version.

Legacy Look D-Ore v0.4.96350
http://dore.whistle-britches.com

Login with the following information

Username: Demo
Password: demo
Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2016-02-18 00:42:05 UTC
-Saving for Future Need-
David Davaham
Deep Blue Logistics
#3 - 2016-02-18 06:23:58 UTC
Do you have a GitHub repo going for this?

Developer of EVEmail

Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2016-02-18 08:14:04 UTC
No and I do not plan on putting it on Github, Sorry.
Morgan Johnstone
Doomheim
#5 - 2016-02-18 08:28:20 UTC
Devilen wrote:
I am remaking this thread due to the old one getting locked due to Real Life.

Hello everyone, for anyone who doesn't know I started writing a remake of an older Industry tool that was used quite a bit called Mining Buddy. I have called it Destruct-Ore I started development about 2012 but due to Real Life mostly my kids and changing jobs I was forced to put Destruct-Ore on the back burner working on it when I have time.

Right now I am just trying to see if people would still be interested in this or not. I have a two ways that people can use this, one as a service where I host it for you or you can install it yourself. Now a little bit about D-Ore below.

D-Ore is the replacement for Mining Buddy and no longer requires you to be in a corp to use. This can be used on a per user basis or a group that's not in the same corp. It is no longer just for mining but many other aspects of EvE that you might need help tracking and managing.

If you sign-up for the demo site please make sure to use the API Key that is requested on the registration page. The Access Masks have been setup and as of, 11/29/2014 it does not validate based off access masks but it will in the final version of 0.5 and if your key is not proper it will kick it out.

Also if you would like you API or account removed please let me know I will remove the Account and any API content within 24 hours or less from getting the eve-mail. Also please make sure not to disable the key on the API side without first disabling it in the tool. This will lead to errors and the banning of your account on the application. We will be having a version with the SSO once it is available for all to use but only if you use the hosted Service.

Current Status: Hosted Beta Only right now
Current Version: 0.5.x
Next Release Version: 0.5.x

Version 0.5.1: http://dore.eve-tools.net (please note this login wont work with demo/demo it requires you to sign up use a real active api key)

Feel free to look at the old original look of D-Ore.

Demo & Preview D-Ore v0.4.96350
http://dore.whistle-britches.com

Login with the following information

Username: Demo
Password: demo



I am VERY interested in this. I tried using Mining Buddy earlier tonight but several areas of the site were broken or nonexistent (the site i put on my own server.) I'm interested. Let's get this thing going again. :)

Morgan Johnstone

Disabled Players Union

Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2016-02-18 08:52:48 UTC
Thank you for being interested I am happy to see more people are wanting this now. Makes me happy to have continued development of it.
John Hinkley
Tuatha De Danann InC.
#7 - 2016-02-21 21:00:47 UTC
I'm extremely interested in seeing this get going. It will be a handy tool! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2016-02-22 02:22:34 UTC
John Hinkley wrote:
I'm extremely interested in seeing this get going. It will be a handy tool! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.


Thank you, just try it out and report any bugs to me.
Deckard Brann
Ascension Enterprises
#9 - 2016-02-22 09:59:29 UTC
This is excellent.

The only bug I've found so far is when setting up an operation, we can only pick you from the drop down for Officer in Charge.
Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2016-02-22 17:39:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Devilen
That is actually not a bug this has to do with Authorization. till a user is approved and authorized only the Officers that are setup can be in charge.

no one ever is just "Allowed to join up" if your not a authorized user it will mark everything needing approval to join anything other than personal ops. Personal ops are still Monitored by a officer though to prevent people from just signing up for someones DOre instance and using it without the owners ok.
Minerva Arbosa
Spatial Forces
Warped Intentions
#11 - 2016-02-24 19:54:17 UTC
I would be interested in using this, but as an installed service on the server I already own. Really wouldn't be interested in this as a hosted service to be honest.
Morgan Johnstone
Doomheim
#12 - 2016-02-24 22:44:32 UTC
Minerva Arbosa wrote:
I would be interested in using this, but as an installed service on the server I already own. Really wouldn't be interested in this as a hosted service to be honest.


I like what I've seen, but I agree with Minerva on this.

Morgan Johnstone

Disabled Players Union

Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2016-02-25 05:04:36 UTC
Well it wont be just Hosted right now its only hosted due to its not got its first release.
Minerva Arbosa
Spatial Forces
Warped Intentions
#14 - 2016-03-10 22:18:50 UTC
Do you have any sort of time frame you are looking at or need help achieving? As a long time user and updater of Mining Buddy, I wouldn't mind helping with this if you need the help. I am currently working on rewriting all of the DB access for getting rid of the of deprecated items for Mining Buddy as its currently written. Also I have added some changes and stuff that only my corp and alliance use, and have updated the old api system as well.

If you need help, don't be afraid to ask. I am more than happy to help you with the new version of the program.
Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2016-03-12 00:05:10 UTC
Minerva Arbosa wrote:
Do you have any sort of time frame you are looking at or need help achieving? As a long time user and updater of Mining Buddy, I wouldn't mind helping with this if you need the help. I am currently working on rewriting all of the DB access for getting rid of the of deprecated items for Mining Buddy as its currently written. Also I have added some changes and stuff that only my corp and alliance use, and have updated the old api system as well.

If you need help, don't be afraid to ask. I am more than happy to help you with the new version of the program.


Thank you for the offer but I have had 4 people who have all joined to help and assist me all drop out due to RL. Right now I am keeping this with just me It will mean sure slow updates and release but thats all I can do right now.

Time frame not really 100% sure right now I am trying to complete the payout manager once that is done It will be release 1.
Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2016-03-24 02:41:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Devilen
I am looking to have the 0.5 release out by April 15th for people to start using and reporting issues back to me to fix issues.

Edit: I know it said 15th but Real Life Primaried me and podded me.
Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2016-04-25 04:21:50 UTC
I Will have the first public release to mess with and give feed back by the end of this month.
Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2016-05-16 22:40:34 UTC
Hello, Everyone I wanted to know if people wanted to see if i could make a version without a API added to or if that is not a big deal.

Also I am looking to allow the use of CMS manager to allow for the use of the username/password within that and just manage API's and Dore Data.

Let me know once this last part is done I will be releasing the code for version 5.1 and then look to place new features into 5.2.
Anduin Matova
New Eden Space Terrorists
N.E.S.T Corporation
#19 - 2016-05-22 13:01:27 UTC
Devilen wrote:
Hello, Everyone I wanted to know if people wanted to see if i could make a version without a API added to or if that is not a big deal.

Also I am looking to allow the use of CMS manager to allow for the use of the username/password within that and just manage API's and Dore Data.

Let me know once this last part is done I will be releasing the code for version 5.1 and then look to place new features into 5.2.


Would be great if it integrated into AllianceAuth or something like that. That way a member of a corp only needs to register into one tool and has access to everything else external.

I've been waiting a very long time for Destruct-Ore, and because MiningBuddy is now so out dated in terms of new mining vessels etc, I've resorted to good old spreadsheets again like DeDaf's tool :)

Hopefully not long now till we can start using Destruct-Ore on our corp/alliance servers!
Devilen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#20 - 2016-05-23 02:28:26 UTC
I eill look into seeing what it would take to integrate into AllianceAuth. Right now I am finishing up the payment authorization and management now actually.
12Next page