These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Hello, I am new :)

First post
Author
Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#81 - 2016-02-18 03:33:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Iria Ahrens
Tiffany Hope wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you really get slaves in this game? That's really not nice :(



There are slaves that can be purchased on the market. There are also exotic dancers: Male and Female that some players like to carry so it shows on their killmail.

Like I said earlier. This game attempts to create a harsh frontier world where the only law is the one you create. Everything in the game creates an incentive for conflict.

If the mechanics of the game are not enough, there are Roleplay excuses to fight as well. (I like to roleplay an Amarr Slave Trader)

Amarr are the largest faction and we became so by reclaiming each civilization we came across. Minmatar are in a state of rebellion, but we will reclaim them eventually--again. Caldari is a civilization based on corporate rule, so they chose to ally with the Amarr because a business is all about being on the winning side. Gallante is supposed to be a democratic civilization so they shouldn't have a problem with Amarr enslaving the Minmatar, really. After all, we outnumber them so it's already settled democratically. I can only conclude that Gallante are confused.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Tiffany Hope
Titans of The Short Bus
#82 - 2016-02-18 04:41:03 UTC
oh gosh that's not very nice :( Glad I am not a slave person then!

There is so much to all of this. Is there like a book or something on how it all became like this?

I still think its too dark and sad. I think Eve would benefit from a redecoration. I could bring some colour to it :)

Just like a butterfly, I'm pretty to look at but hard to catch :)

Ace Lapointe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2016-02-18 04:42:55 UTC
Tiffany Hope wrote:
oh gosh that's not very nice :( Glad I am not a slave person then!

There is so much to all of this. Is there like a book or something on how it all became like this?

I still think its too dark and sad. I think Eve would benefit from a redecoration. I could bring some colour to it :)


In that guide i told you about there is some backstory to each of the 4 races.
Tiffany Hope
Titans of The Short Bus
#84 - 2016-02-18 04:46:05 UTC
Ace Lapointe wrote:
Tiffany Hope wrote:
oh gosh that's not very nice :( Glad I am not a slave person then!

There is so much to all of this. Is there like a book or something on how it all became like this?

I still think its too dark and sad. I think Eve would benefit from a redecoration. I could bring some colour to it :)


In that guide i told you about there is some backstory to each of the 4 races.

I lost it lol. What was it called again?

Just like a butterfly, I'm pretty to look at but hard to catch :)

Ace Lapointe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2016-02-18 04:57:58 UTC
Tiffany Hope wrote:
Ace Lapointe wrote:
Tiffany Hope wrote:
oh gosh that's not very nice :( Glad I am not a slave person then!

There is so much to all of this. Is there like a book or something on how it all became like this?

I still think its too dark and sad. I think Eve would benefit from a redecoration. I could bring some colour to it :)


In that guide i told you about there is some backstory to each of the 4 races.

I lost it lol. What was it called again?


The ISK Guide
gfldex
#86 - 2016-02-18 07:57:05 UTC
Tiffany Hope wrote:
Is there like a book or something on how it all became like this?


yes,

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#87 - 2016-02-18 08:33:33 UTC
Tiffany Hope wrote:
Hello. My name is Tiffany.

...and 5 pages in 24 hours.

Telling that you're girl is the best way in New Eden to get help, money, and - sad to say - a lot of attention from lonely loosers.
Tiffany Hope
Titans of The Short Bus
#88 - 2016-02-18 09:27:39 UTC
Arkoth 24 wrote:
Tiffany Hope wrote:
Hello. My name is Tiffany.

...and 5 pages in 24 hours.

Telling that you're girl is the best way in New Eden to get help, money, and - sad to say - a lot of attention from lonely loosers.

It's "losers". I may not have the greatest grammar either but please, make sure if you are going to be insulting, you at least spell your words correctly.

Attention? I've been accused of being a troller or something, I've been told not to play, to try a different game and to pay no attention to the many people that apparently populate these sites with nothing better to do that leave unconstructive comments on peoples chat pages (or whatever these are called).

Help? Yes someone has helped me find a way to paint my ship, hardly making me win the game though wouldn't you agree? money? no sorry, still as broke as I was 2 days ago and losers? No sorry, I've met a couple of nice people who said welcome and shared a few words of encouragement regarding a video game that is harder to get a grip of than brain surgery. People that have been polite and kind but I haven't met any losers sorry.

Just like a butterfly, I'm pretty to look at but hard to catch :)

Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#89 - 2016-02-18 10:04:08 UTC
This is not 'bout you, so there's no need for so zealous answer, nor for your story in new Eden, nor for the story of your life, nor even to point on my missclicks as an argument (though my Engrish is really poor and it's not a big secret). I care 'bout nothing of these and so 'bout your gender.

This is just my destructive comment on how this polite and kind community reacts to females (fake or not - who cares).
Tiffany Hope
Titans of The Short Bus
#90 - 2016-02-18 10:11:35 UTC
I'm sorry you see it that way :(

Just like a butterfly, I'm pretty to look at but hard to catch :)

Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#91 - 2016-02-18 10:13:09 UTC
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#92 - 2016-02-18 11:37:58 UTC
Tiffany Hope wrote:
People that have been polite and kind but I haven't met any losers sorry.

Well you just met Arkoth. I don't know anything about Arkoth but according to his own comments even he is sorry to be him:
Tiffany Hope wrote:
I'm sorry you see it that way :(

then:
Arkoth 24 wrote:
Yeap. Me too.

If I read inbetween the lines on his posts it seems he's calling himself a loser and then letting you know that he's not happy with that assesment.

Arkoth 24 wrote:
This is not 'bout you, so there's no need for so zealous answer, nor for your story in new Eden, nor for the story of your life, nor even to point on my missclicks as an argument (though my Engrish is really poor and it's not a big secret). I care 'bout nothing of these and so 'bout your gender.

This is just my destructive comment on how this polite and kind community reacts to females (fake or not - who cares).

Arkoth there is nothing that obliges you to post here. I don't recall having seen your posts here in the NC Q&A before. You are accusing other's that are in here day after day helping out new bros and sises, regardless of who they are, of only helping this one in particular because she is a girl and you don't post in here except on this one.

I'd say that you are the one only paying attention to the OP because she's a girl. Check the NC Q&A history. Pretty much every other poster on this thread is in here day after day helping new bros.

Is this post longer than most? Yes. Did it grow fast? Yes. However the OP is brand new to gaming and has a lot of basic questions and needs a lot more help than the average player coming from some other game that has a background in both gaming and forum posting.

Aside from yourself Arkoth every other poster here has gone out of their way to create text walls and threadnaughts to help hundreds if not thousands of new bros. Before your accusations can hold any water you need to reconcile that.

Also worth noting is that the posters here will turn on a dime if the OP becomes presumptive or ingrateful. This OP has been appreciative which is a big part of why we are so happy to help. Does the fact that she has estrogen flowing through her body make her more likely to express gratitude and less likely to be a ****? Probably. However regardless of if the OP stands up to pee or sits down I will help any newbro or sis that needs it and shows some type of appreciation or gratitude.

One further note Arkoth. This is the OP's thread so yes this thread is about her. Who it is not about is you and you seem to be trying to hijack this thread to get yourself some attention. Again this is the thread is the OP's thread you can be helpful to the OP or other newbros reading this thread or you can go create your own thread if you have question or go troll over in GD. However here in the NC Q&A we try to be helpful or remain silent.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Memphis Baas
#93 - 2016-02-18 12:39:20 UTC
Arkoth 24 wrote:
...and 5 pages in 24 hours.

Telling that you're girl is the best way in New Eden to get help, money, and - sad to say - a lot of attention from lonely loosers.


I know you want very much to draw this conclusion, but unfortunately the data doesn't support it:

- The Newbie Q & A forum has plenty of threads that reach 4-5 pages, just look at the first 3 index pages and you'll see several.

- This is not 5 pages of answers to 1 question; she keeps asking questions and we keep answering.

- Compare any other 4-5 page thread with this one, and you'll see that the usual people who answer questions in Newbie Q & A are replying. Thus, we're not doing anything differently than before; we're answering questions in a subforum designed for answering questions.

- None of the replies in this thread are attempts to hit on her; they're just answers to the questions, or comments that she may be a troll.

So you just called all of us lonely losers for no reason. I think you should apologize.


Memphis Baas
#94 - 2016-02-18 12:56:53 UTC
Tiffany Hope wrote:
I didn't mean to give away my address? I was told not to give away my address? How do I take it down?
You didn't give away your exact address, and I was trying to provoke a reaction to see how you'd reply. We're always suspicious in this game, because it does allow scamming and thieves and trolls.

In any case, if this is an experiment by your RL friend to see if you'll succeed, then you have to set some goals in the game, and prove that you can achieve them. Pick a ship to be able to fly, make a certain amount of ISK, join a PVP corp. and participate in their organized fights, etc.

If you're interested in the lore of the EVE universe, here it is. Click the menus and links on that page for lots of lore stories published by CCP.
Avvy
Doomheim
#95 - 2016-02-18 13:41:22 UTC
Tiffany Hope wrote:
I'm sorry you see it that way :(



You shouldn't take much notice, take most of the comments with a pinch of salt just look for the useful information.


There are a few creepy guys on the internet that could pester you, they'll most likely whisper you so if they do just put them on ignore.

There's also those that will just think you are a guy pretending to be a girl, again don't take any notice.


Is EVE a girls game, depends on the girl but I don't see why not.


Anyway welcome to EVE.
J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#96 - 2016-02-18 17:39:47 UTC
Iria Ahrens wrote:
Tiffany Hope wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
sol, that you?



If it is Sol

Kudos to him. He really got us all.



But I doubt this is troll bait, though yeah, some answers did make my spideysenses go off.

And as said by Shah...


Benefit of the doubt here, it IS possible (after all EVE was my first true MMO I played).

And if not, it might benefit that true new player that comes across the thread and reads the posts.

Ok so now that I understand a bit more (thanks to Ace Lapointe who helped my on Teamspeakers last night).

I gather Sol is a person and this person is a troller? Also I have been referred to as a few different things in my life but troll bait is a new one, I still don't quite get that one if someone wants to explain it.

Did I do something wrong?


Don't worry. Sol is cool too, but she likes to have fun and she will degenerate a thread quickly. If you are good, don't worry about people's suspicions you might not be. We'll give you the benefit of the doubt, people are just expressing that they have doubts because this is Eve, and we've been getting lots of trolls lately in NQ&A and it's got us a bit sensitive.

Trust me, if there is one truth of the EVE forums, it is, "If you do something wrong, people will tell you in no uncertain terms." Repeatedly, and often interspersed with insults of varying relevance and imagination. So don't worry about what you "might" have offended someone or "might" have done something wrong.

If you read the other threads you'll see the regulars come down hard on someone giving out bad info or acting inappropriate for NQ&A.




You are talking about my usual posting behaviour aren't you???Twisted

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#97 - 2016-02-18 17:45:38 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Arkoth 24 wrote:
Tiffany Hope wrote:
Hello. My name is Tiffany.

...and 5 pages in 24 hours.

Telling that you're girl is the best way in New Eden to get help, money, and - sad to say - a lot of attention from lonely loosers.


We should tighten up what is loose.


Or did you mean losers, you loser


P.s.

Dumbass, if you ghave nothing of quality to offer. Get your sorry ass out of NCQA and back in GD. The low quality of your posts will meet more with the GD crowd's quality of life.

If you are here to help, then help and be constructive. If not, I still think CCP should have a 0 policy regarding posts like yours in NCQA.

We (the regulars) help anybody that wants help, no matter on age, religion, gender, sexuality or what ever they want to do in EVE. Every new player is equal. Except Nevil, he is an ass.




@ Tiffany,


Sol isnt a bad person or a troll. Sol is Sol, (s)he is just a fun person to have around on the forum. Serious when needed, always in for a laugh when possible.

Couple of years, Sol among others derailed a complain thread by someone by posting cat-gif for multiple pages.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#98 - 2016-02-18 17:57:00 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
ergherhdfgh wrote:
Tiffany Hope wrote:
People that have been polite and kind but I haven't met any losers sorry.

Well you just met Arkoth. I don't know anything about Arkoth but according to his own comments even he is sorry to be him:
Tiffany Hope wrote:
I'm sorry you see it that way :(

then:
Arkoth 24 wrote:
Yeap. Me too.

If I read inbetween the lines on his posts it seems he's calling himself a loser and then letting you know that he's not happy with that assesment.

Arkoth 24 wrote:
This is not 'bout you, so there's no need for so zealous answer, nor for your story in new Eden, nor for the story of your life, nor even to point on my missclicks as an argument (though my Engrish is really poor and it's not a big secret). I care 'bout nothing of these and so 'bout your gender.

This is just my destructive comment on how this polite and kind community reacts to females (fake or not - who cares).

Arkoth there is nothing that obliges you to post here. I don't recall having seen your posts here in the NC Q&A before. You are accusing other's that are in here day after day helping out new bros and sises, regardless of who they are, of only helping this one in particular because she is a girl and you don't post in here except on this one.

I'd say that you are the one only paying attention to the OP because she's a girl. Check the NC Q&A history. Pretty much every other poster on this thread is in here day after day helping new bros.

Is this post longer than most? Yes. Did it grow fast? Yes. However the OP is brand new to gaming and has a lot of basic questions and needs a lot more help than the average player coming from some other game that has a background in both gaming and forum posting.

Aside from yourself Arkoth every other poster here has gone out of their way to create text walls and threadnaughts to help hundreds if not thousands of new bros. Before your accusations can hold any water you need to reconcile that.

Also worth noting is that the posters here will turn on a dime if the OP becomes presumptive or ingrateful. This OP has been appreciative which is a big part of why we are so happy to help. Does the fact that she has estrogen flowing through her body make her more likely to express gratitude and less likely to be a ****? Probably. However regardless of if the OP stands up to pee or sits down I will help any newbro or sis that needs it and shows some type of appreciation or gratitude.

One further note Arkoth. This is the OP's thread so yes this thread is about her. Who it is not about is you and you seem to be trying to hijack this thread to get yourself some attention. Again this is the thread is the OP's thread you can be helpful to the OP or other newbros reading this thread or you can go create your own thread if you have question or go troll over in GD. However here in the NC Q&A we try to be helpful or remain silent.



Amen sister.

Also Arkoth, keep in mind.

The pen is more powerful then the sword. And we regulars like write

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#99 - 2016-02-18 17:59:13 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Arkoth 24 wrote:
...and 5 pages in 24 hours.

Telling that you're girl is the best way in New Eden to get help, money, and - sad to say - a lot of attention from lonely loosers.


I know you want very much to draw this conclusion, but unfortunately the data doesn't support it:

- The Newbie Q & A forum has plenty of threads that reach 4-5 pages, just look at the first 3 index pages and you'll see several.

- This is not 5 pages of answers to 1 question; she keeps asking questions and we keep answering.

- Compare any other 4-5 page thread with this one, and you'll see that the usual people who answer questions in Newbie Q & A are replying. Thus, we're not doing anything differently than before; we're answering questions in a subforum designed for answering questions.

- None of the replies in this thread are attempts to hit on her; they're just answers to the questions, or comments that she may be a troll.

So you just called all of us lonely losers for no reason. I think you should apologize.





But, technically we are lonely losers.


After all, we play EVEP



But that aside his comment was just stupid, with bad grammar (still looking which of the bolts is loose

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#100 - 2016-02-18 21:33:34 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Sol isnt a bad person or a troll. Sol is Sol, (s)he is just a fun person to have around on the forum. Serious when needed, always in for a laugh when possible.

Couple of years, Sol among others derailed a complain thread by someone by posting cat-gif for multiple pages.
If it's the thread I'm thinking of... Guilty as charged

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack