These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

First Maxed Eve account.

First post
Author
Avvy
Doomheim
#441 - 2016-02-16 16:36:37 UTC
Gadget Helmsdottir wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
If you dont see pointlesness of that, do it.

Frostys Virpio wrote:
It will never be a necessity since there are 0 activity in the game that require the full skill set.

For the full skill sheet, you're absolutely right. Hyperbole has its uses - usually involving standing out and mnemonics.
My statement served its purpose.

However, for more focused pursuits? I fully see maxing out a skill set in an instant having an effect on the game.
A better skilled industrialist make more of a profit. So will said miner.
The SP bar for recruitment will be raised.

And for what it's worth, I don't think characters should be sold either. /shrug

--Gadget

And if you don't meet their stands, so what, their loss.
stg slate
State War Academy
Caldari State
#442 - 2016-02-16 16:37:50 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Trading card game at least have a use. You can play the game with them. Go with sport cards which serve nothing but collecting in purpose and see how easy it is to find shops for those close to school or sporting venue.

This is not utilitarian utopia, people can buy stuff for fun that has no direct 'Use' and doesn't directly increase net wealth and better you. Collecting stuff is fine.

It's like this forum is full of Ayn Rand somedays.
stg slate
State War Academy
Caldari State
#443 - 2016-02-16 16:39:17 UTC

--Gadget

To be honest, if they weren't sold then the skill injectors shouldn't exist either. Unfortunately the character bazaar has been a thing forever.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#444 - 2016-02-16 16:40:28 UTC
stg slate wrote:
Avvy wrote:

The only thing that makes sense to me with this post I'm replying to, is that sp injectors can be addictive.

Yeah, but so can trading cards, but people are making it seem like the pokemon people making trading cards is like heroin dealer targeting children.

You might not not have kids that live with you, because that's exactly how it feels.. I suffered a pokemon war in my own house. Kids are grown now but looking back over those battles I'd rather they'd just smoked weed or something...

Death to pokemon.
Avvy
Doomheim
#445 - 2016-02-16 16:42:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Avvy
stg slate wrote:

--Gadget

To be honest, if they weren't sold then the skill injectors shouldn't exist either. Unfortunately the character bazaar has been a thing forever.

Well, I kind of agree. the character bazaar, should never have happened if they wanted sp to mean something. The fact the character bazaar was allowed to happen paved the way for sp injectors.
Neuntausend
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#446 - 2016-02-16 16:46:21 UTC
The Character Bazaar - even though I don't like it was not too bad. Character trading is going to happen anyway in an MMOG, whether it's allowed or not. So, I think it's better to allow it in a regulated, controlled fashion than to let it run wild on ebay.
Big Lynx
#447 - 2016-02-16 16:46:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Big Lynx
Dayum, I can see the briefing of the controllling department in CCP's HQ before announcing SP-Trading. That decision must have been one of the hardest for CCP Devs. I am pretty sure of that.

It's not easy to see the long term consquences for the health of the game, but my gut feeling tells me that they will be not for good advantage. EvE has reached or fell down to the level of average MMOs. *sigh*

EvE has got an expiration date, sooner than we like.
stg slate
State War Academy
Caldari State
#448 - 2016-02-16 16:46:42 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

You might not not have kids that live with you, because that's exactly how it feels.. I suffered a pokemon war in my own house. Kids are grown now but looking back over those battles I'd rather they'd just smoked weed or something...
Death to pokemon.

Magic cards, same drug different company Big smile

All joking aside though, no one sucks a **** or stabs someone for pokemon cards. And they won't for injectors either.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#449 - 2016-02-16 16:46:45 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
stg slate wrote:
Avvy wrote:

The only thing that makes sense to me with this post I'm replying to, is that sp injectors can be addictive.

Yeah, but so can trading cards, but people are making it seem like the pokemon people making trading cards is like heroin dealer targeting children.

Death to pokemon.

Its true, spaceships are like pokemon.
Scott Dracov
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#450 - 2016-02-16 16:48:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Scott Dracov
I hate this sh!#

Not even going to bother saying why because pretty much all of eve said no to this and CCP said: "F@#$ You! Pay Me!"

But you will break the game CCP... "F@#$ You! Pay Me!"

But doing this makes EVE not special... "F@#$ You! Pay Me!"
stg slate
State War Academy
Caldari State
#451 - 2016-02-16 16:50:10 UTC
Big Lynx wrote:
Dayum, I can see the briefing of the controllling department in CCP's HQ before announcing SP-Trading. That decision must have been one of the hardest for CCP Devs. I am pretty sure of that.

It's not easy to see the long term consquences for the health of the game, but my gut feeling tells me that they will be not for good advantage. EvE has reached or fell down to the level of average MMOs. *sigh*

What about EVE made you think it wasn't like every MMO? All the EVE is real marketing nonsense?

It is like every MMO except it has a weird skill system and slightly rougher death penalty than most(not all, rather lose a ship than die during EQ classic times).

Avvy
Doomheim
#452 - 2016-02-16 16:51:13 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
The Character Bazaar - even though I don't like it was not too bad. Character trading is going to happen anyway in an MMOG, whether it's allowed or not. So, I think it's better to allow it in a regulated, controlled fashion than to let it run wild on ebay.

Well then if people except the bazaar then they shouldn't have any problem with sp injectors.

Characters from the bazaar already tainted the purity of the sp tree. The fact it was an out of game process ment that most people didn't even notice.
Avvy
Doomheim
#453 - 2016-02-16 16:53:07 UTC
Scott Dracov wrote:
I hate this sh!#

Not even going to bother saying why because pretty much all of eve said no to this and CCP said: F@#$ You!

With the amount of sales of sp injectors, I'd say that it seems like a lot said yes to sp extractors/injectors.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#454 - 2016-02-16 16:56:09 UTC
stg slate wrote:

All joking aside though, no one sucks a **** or stabs someone for pokemon cards. And they won't for injectors either.

Oh really?Twisted
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#455 - 2016-02-16 16:57:22 UTC
Avvy wrote:
Well then if people except the bazaar then they shouldn't have any problem with sp injectors.

Characters from the bazaar already tainted the purity of the sp tree. The fact it was an out of game process ment that most people didn't even notice.

Enlighten us how you get a max skill char over the bazaar previous to SP trading.
stg slate
State War Academy
Caldari State
#456 - 2016-02-16 16:59:56 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
stg slate wrote:

Oh really?Twisted

Damned Kentucky, that's like America's America, I don't think it counts Big smile
Avvy
Doomheim
#457 - 2016-02-16 16:59:56 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Avvy wrote:

Enlighten us how you get a max skill char over the bazaar previous to SP trading.

You wouldn't as there were no max skill characters, if there was then it would have been possible.
Dyllan Ma'tar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#458 - 2016-02-16 17:12:02 UTC
1. Be sketch RMT'er, have tons of isk from RMT.

2. Spend otherwise useless isk (21 hours logged in? He doesn't play the game, come on...) on skill injectors

3. Disgruntled players unwittingly make character into poster boy for hate, hits for RMT website go up slightly

4. ?????

5. Profit
Scott Dracov
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#459 - 2016-02-16 17:20:42 UTC
Avvy wrote:

With the amount of sales of sp injectors, I'd say that it seems like a lot said yes to sp extractors/injectors.

Diminishing returns and instant gratification are interesting human dynamics with fascinating side effects.

The SP barrier was broken by Character trading of any type from day 1 of EVE and is the root cause of the current new player dissatisfaction with EVE.

This kill the patient to heal them SP injector fiasco simply makes SP mandatory to have at level 5 in whatever your flying and make no mistake Corps and FC's will now be expecting you to be at level 5 in any ship that is FOTM right now and not in three months from now because everyone they are fighting could be or is at level 5 so that's the way it is now.

It's spilled milk at this point.

I paid my account years in advance planning to play EVE long term... I now have buyers remorse but might as well get my moneys worth even if most everything in EVE has no consequences and nothing matters as it can all be bypassed and manipulated beyond reason.

I gave CCP a lot of real cash for this subscription but the greedy F#@!s just love their money and always will degrade their product any way they can to get more it seems.

/pissed
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#460 - 2016-02-16 17:21:06 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Avvy wrote:

AS soon as you explain to me exactly what a maxed character can do that an army of alt can't. Especially since with the current diminishing return of SP injection, you can have a "perfect" army for less than a "perfect" character.