These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

First Maxed Eve account.

First post
Author
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#421 - 2016-02-16 15:41:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
stg slate wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
This isn't golf clubs for rich people (whatever a responsible person does with his or her money is their business), this is someone intentionally deciding to open a liquor store right next to an alcoholic's anonymous meeting house then pretending like they didn't know their were alcoholics nearby....

So EVE players are not responsible person?

Cynical, obvious you think you so smart from posts, but all the rest of players are irresponsible children who can't be trusted not to spend rent money on injectors?

Yep, another one of those deny the truth mindsets. Where did I say "all the rest"?

I'm sure most EVE players are responsible people. But some aren't, some are even mentally ill and vulnerable. What was good about CCP before now was that they weren't one of the companies that adopted the predatory moves (that targeted thos vulnerable types) with regards to their business. Sure, they had a harsh game, but as a company they were mostly above board except during monoclegate.

Now they seem to be on the path of being like the soulless gaming mega companies that no one I know likes but everyone seems to give money to (EA,Daybreak, Blizzard etc). They're literally transforming from friendly niche mom-and pop eatery on the corner into McDonalds. Don't we have enough McDonalds?

Thus the term 'sell out', such as when you sell out the solid and respectable principles that let you survive so long and create a fanatically loyal fanbase (ie people like me) in an attempt to go mainstream and make more money. Plot twist: It doesn't make you any more money in the long run AND you ticked off the loyal fanbase by just attempting it lol.
stg slate
State War Academy
Caldari State
#422 - 2016-02-16 15:44:43 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
I am lost for words so take this picture.

From posts it obvious you hate the big dog game companies and want EVE to forever be special snowflake game produced by poor people working only for love of game and earning no money and catering to indie wet dream.

Find indie MMO to play might make you way happier. EVE is not indie, CCP is bigger company than you imagine.

The game and company have outgrown your ideas. They would like to know that their company will still be around in 10 years so they seek way to make money so their employees can have stability and future. No fun working for a company when future is uncertain, so they seek to divest themselves to many games and platforms in case EVE dies they still have a company and people still have work.

All eggs in one basket is bad business.

Gal Prof
Doomheim
#423 - 2016-02-16 15:49:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Gal Prof
Would love to see more MAXED characters til it becomes a norm. LOL.

Heck, i would love to maxed out my character if i had the ISK to do so.
stg slate
State War Academy
Caldari State
#424 - 2016-02-16 15:49:55 UTC  |  Edited by: stg slate
Jenn aSide wrote:

Now they seem to be on the path of being like the soulless gaming mega companies that no one I know likes but everyone seems to give money to (EA,Daybreak, Blizzard etc). They're literally transforming from friendly niche mom-and pop eatery on the corner into McDonalds. Don't we have enough McDonalds?

Thus the term 'sell out', such as when you sell out the solid and respectable principles that let you survive so long and create a fanatically loyal fanbase (ie people like me) in an attempt to go mainstream and make more money. Plot twist: It doesn't make you any more money in the long run AND you ticked off the loyal fanbase by just attempting it lol.

Yes that strategy works terribly for EA, Riot, Blizzard, etc, that's why those companies are in the poorhouse and about to close.

What the hell is Daybreak even doing in that list? Are they even notable enough to have any comment above the fold? You probably made the talk of their water-cooler by even mentioning their company name.

Expect a direct tweet from Smedly thanking you for trying to make him and his people relevant to any discussion Big smile
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#425 - 2016-02-16 15:50:30 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Don't we have enough McDonalds?

There is no McDonalds here where I live. But you can still eat a burger.
If they would not sell them here, probably McDonalds would.
If CCP would not do that, someone else in industry would, and people would go there.
Sometimes you must sell the burger, or McDonalods will, and it would be good to sell different (better) burgers than McDonalds.

Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#426 - 2016-02-16 15:50:44 UTC
Gal Prof wrote:

Or a necessity...

--Gadget

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#427 - 2016-02-16 15:53:13 UTC
Gadget Helmsdottir wrote:
Gal Prof wrote:

Or a necessity...

--Gadget

Do it, max out your char. I dare you.

If you dont see pointlesness of that, do it.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#428 - 2016-02-16 15:56:58 UTC
Gal Prof wrote:

Or a necessity...

--Gadget

It will never be a necessity since there are 0 activity in the game that require the full skill set.
stg slate
State War Academy
Caldari State
#429 - 2016-02-16 15:57:03 UTC
It seems unideal to even max a single character, better to spend point all 3 characters on account. 3 times the research, jobs, production, PI, trade sales slots, contract, etc.

Single maxed character is novelty.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#430 - 2016-02-16 15:59:45 UTC
stg slate wrote:

Yes that strategy works terribly for EA, Riot, Blizzard, etc, that's why those companies are in the poorhouse and about to close.

You are exactly the kind of consumer these people need to exist. I mean, as long as they're making money, who cares about respectability, ethics, and square dealing? We couldn't have Wal-Mart killing every single small business in a 10 mile radius around one of their stores without your type lol. Congrats.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#431 - 2016-02-16 16:04:45 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
stg slate wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
This isn't golf clubs for rich people (whatever a responsible person does with his or her money is their business), this is someone intentionally deciding to open a liquor store right next to an alcoholic's anonymous meeting house then pretending like they didn't know their were alcoholics nearby....

So EVE players are not responsible person?

Cynical, obvious you think you so smart from posts, but all the rest of players are irresponsible children who can't be trusted not to spend rent money on injectors?

They should forgo a revenue stream for the purity of the gaming scene? How much of your own money is at stake when you say they should not thrive to grow their revenue?
stg slate
State War Academy
Caldari State
#432 - 2016-02-16 16:09:08 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
stg slate wrote:

You are exactly the kind of consumer these people need to exist. I mean, as long as they're making money, who cares about respectability, ethics, and square dealing? We couldn't have Wal-Mart killing every single small business in a 10 mile radius around one of their stores without your type lol. Congrats.

Haha I was right all along, you are smelly hippy!

Fight the man
meat is murder
you can't OWN property, man!
Big business i bad

I'd rather pay a fair price for food than get raped over by a mom and pop shop who wants 9.50 for a box of cheerios. Small business dies because they have spent 100 years screwing people on price and now people can buy stuff at fair price.

Screw Borders and Bars&Nobles too, go amazon!
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#433 - 2016-02-16 16:11:38 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
stg slate wrote:

If local shops provided what they promise for their higher prices, people would still go. The issue is many don't provide anything over the wal-mart experience so people just go for the lower price.
Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#434 - 2016-02-16 16:20:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Celise Katelo
Since CCP are going rather nuts on trying to make loads of wonga, can we get some "Guristas Pirate" , tattoos for our character, i would also like some bunny ears / hairband. No wait.... Shocked Perhaps add it as a bonus feature for buying a ship package.

or.... "cough"

The Guristas Pirate - beg for mercy pirate pack

This pack will give you every skill needed to fly a "Worm" ,"Gila" , "Rattlesnake" , the pack includes tattoos, bunny ears / hairband. 5x Worms, 4x Gila, 2x Rattlesnake. (If you already own, some of the skills guttered, the price is fixed.. hehe)

DLC extra for this pack - You can only get this with the above pack.

Guristas Ammo, Pick your poison. 50k ammo pack / Choose 3 types of ammo.
Guristas Aug drones (special edition) , Pick your poison / Choose 3 types from Light, Medium, Heavy. (Or Gecko)
Full set of Deadspace Guristas modules, so you get the Ulimate fitted pve / pvp killing machines for: Worm - Gila - Rattlesnake
"cough" , will make Officer mods look like watered down chilly Shocked

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Avvy
Doomheim
#435 - 2016-02-16 16:24:54 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
stg slate wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Oh look an apologist for abusive corprate greed that preys on the gullible.

Wait what, making money is corporate greed? Stop being smelly hippy.

Game makers don't prey on people; people can make own choice to pay for hobbies. Selling people fancy golf clubs not taking advantage people, some people like fancy clubs even when cheaper ones work fine.

The only thing that makes sense to me with this post I'm replying to, is that sp injectors can be addictive.
Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#436 - 2016-02-16 16:25:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Gadget Helmsdottir
Nana Skalski wrote:

Frostys Virpio wrote:
It will never be a necessity since there are 0 activity in the game that require the full skill set.

For the full skill sheet, you're absolutely right. Hyperbole has its uses - usually involving standing out and mnemonics.
My statement served its purpose.

However, for more focused pursuits? I fully see maxing out a skill set in an instant having an effect on the game.
A better skilled industrialist make more of a profit. So will said miner.
The SP bar for recruitment will be raised.

And for what it's worth, I don't think characters should be sold either. /shrug

--Gadget

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#437 - 2016-02-16 16:28:11 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:

Frostys Virpio wrote:

For the full skill sheet, you're absolutely right. Hyperbole has it's uses - usually involving standing out and mnemonics.
My statement served it's purpose.

However, for more focused pursuits? I fully see maxing out a skill set in an instant having an effect on the game.
A better skilled industrialist make more of a profit. So will said miner.
The SP bar for recruitment will be raised.

And for what it's worth, I don't think characters should be sold either. /shrug

--Gadget

If you are honest with the bold part, at least you are not a hypocrite and I can respect that. If you are not honest, then sorry but perfect or close to it alts can be bought for pretty much anything worthwhile.
stg slate
State War Academy
Caldari State
#438 - 2016-02-16 16:28:23 UTC
Avvy wrote:

The only thing that makes sense to me with this post I'm replying to, is that sp injectors can be addictive.

Yeah, but so can trading cards, but people are making it seem like the pokemon people making trading cards is like heroin dealer targeting children.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#439 - 2016-02-16 16:31:17 UTC
Celise Katelo wrote:
Since CCP are going rather nuts on trying to make loads of wonga, can we get some "Guristas Pirate" , tattoos for our character, i would also like some bunny ears / hairband. No wait.... Shocked Perhaps add it as a bonus feature for buying a ship package.

or.... "cough"

The Guristas Pirate - beg for mercy pirate pack

This pack will give you every skill needed to fly a "Worm" ,"Gila" , "Rattlesnake" , the pack includes tattoos, bunny ears / hairband. 5x Worms, 4x Gila, 2x Rattlesnake. (If you already own, some of the skills guttered, the price is fixed.. hehe)

DLC extra for this pack - You can only get this with the above pack.

Guristas Ammo, Pick your poison. 50k ammo pack / Choose 3 types of ammo.
Guristas Aug drones (special edition) , Pick your poison / Choose 3 types from Light, Medium, Heavy. (Or Gecko)
Full set of Deadspace Guristas modules, so you get the Ulimate fitted pve / pvp killing machines for: Worm - Gila - Rattlesnake
"cough" , will make Officer mods look like watered down chilly Shocked

The closest thing to that has been added to the game at least a year ago and I don't really remember people throwing fits over the beginner packages on steam giving away ventures and some minerals for new accounts. If you were not flipping your **** back then, SP trading is a much lower "offense" to the "purity" of the game since nothing is created out of thin air. It's only a transfer with potentially harsh diminishing returns.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#440 - 2016-02-16 16:32:56 UTC
stg slate wrote:
Avvy wrote:

Yeah, but so can trading cards, but people are making it seem like the pokemon people making trading cards is like heroin dealer targeting children.

Trading card game at least have a use. You can play the game with them. Go with sport cards which serve nothing but collecting in purpose and see how easy it is to find shops for those close to school or sporting venue.