These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Reply with a famous quote

First post First post
Author
Jenshae Chiroptera
#21 - 2016-02-13 05:12:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
"Sir, if I were your wife, I would poison your tea."
"Madam, if I were your husband, I would drink it." - Churchill.

"There is nothing more exhilarating than being shot at and missed," - again.

"It is natural for man to indulge in the illusion of hope.
We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth and listen to the song of the siren,
until she transforms us into beasts." - Patrick Henry.

"America is the only nation to go from start to decadence without a period of civilisation," - George Clemenceau.

"When you get down to it and try to find gravity,
when you look for the mass that makes up our reality,
when you realise that you are no different to anything around you;
Do you ask yourself what limits the power of your thoughts on reality?"

"Instead of seeking the meaning to life,
have you tried giving your life meaning?"

"Life is suffering"

"How did you survive the famous dripping water torture?"
"Every drop was the first one."
(This can be applied to the small annoying things your significant other does).

"Of all the things I miss, it is my mind that I miss most of all"

"I do not suffer from insanity,
- I enjoy every moment of it"

"A loud mouth is often trying to cover a flawed argument."

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
giggles
Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V" - V, V for Vendetta

"Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition.
I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, whereby those important events of the past, usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat.
There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.
... and the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there?
Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression.
Where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.

How did this happen?
Who's to blame?
Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense.
Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.
Last night I sought to end that silence.
Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives.

So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you, then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot." - V
("Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to ..." Trump?) P

"Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." - V

... and finally:

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure. " - Agent Smith, The Matrix

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Jill Xelitras
Xeltec services
#22 - 2016-02-13 05:44:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Jill Xelitras
What's up, doc ?

- Bugs Bunny

Don't anger the forum gods.

ISD Buldath:

> I Saw, I came, I Frowned, I locked, I posted, and I left.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#23 - 2016-02-13 09:46:52 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
"Sir, if I were your wife, I would poison your tea."
"Madam, if I were your husband, I would drink it." - Churchill.

"There is nothing more exhilarating than being shot at and missed," - again.

"It is natural for man to indulge in the illusion of hope.
We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth and listen to the song of the siren,
until she transforms us into beasts." - Patrick Henry.

"America is the only nation to go from start to decadence without a period of civilisation," - George Clemenceau.

"When you get down to it and try to find gravity,
when you look for the mass that makes up our reality,
when you realise that you are no different to anything around you;
Do you ask yourself what limits the power of your thoughts on reality?"

"Instead of seeking the meaning to life,
have you tried giving your life meaning?"

"Life is suffering"

"How did you survive the famous dripping water torture?"
"Every drop was the first one."
(This can be applied to the small annoying things your significant other does).

"Of all the things I miss, it is my mind that I miss most of all"

"I do not suffer from insanity,
- I enjoy every moment of it"

"A loud mouth is often trying to cover a flawed argument."

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
giggles
Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V" - V, V for Vendetta

"Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition.
I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, whereby those important events of the past, usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat.
There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.
... and the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there?
Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression.
Where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.

How did this happen?
Who's to blame?
Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense.
Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.
Last night I sought to end that silence.
Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives.

So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you, then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot." - V
("Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to ..." Trump?) P

"Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." - V

... and finally:

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure. " - Agent Smith, The Matrix


The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Lol
Soloman Jackson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2016-02-13 12:22:14 UTC
I'm get'n too old for this ****...

“The cold stars spun to the ancient rhythm, the august march of an everlasting symphony. They are old, the stars, and their memory is long.” -Rick Yancey

Jenshae Chiroptera
#25 - 2016-02-14 04:32:08 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
"You weigh men down with heavy burdens, but you yourselves will not lift a finger to lighten their load." - Luke 11:46
(Did you have to quote the entire post?)

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Graygor
1kB Realty
#26 - 2016-02-14 19:28:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Graygor
The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Hani Tian
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2016-02-14 23:13:41 UTC
"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

X
Ozzie Udan
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#28 - 2016-02-15 02:15:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Ozzie Udan
"He who controls the ice, controls the universe."
"The ice must flow"

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head A painting of me

Violet Hurst
Fedaya Recon
#29 - 2016-02-15 02:17:34 UTC
In metric, one milliliter of water occupies one cubic centimeter, weighs one gram, and requires one calorie of energy to heat up by one degree centigrade—which is 1 percent of the difference between its freezing point and its boiling point. An amount of hydrogen weighing the same amount has exactly one mole of atoms in it.
Whereas in the American system, the answer to “How much energy does it take to boil a room-temperature gallon of water?” is “Go **** yourself,” because you can’t directly relate any of those quantities.
Jill Xelitras
Xeltec services
#30 - 2016-02-15 04:42:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jill Xelitras
Ozzie Udan wrote:
"He who controls the ice, controls the universe."
"The ice must flow"


Dude, I think you extracted a few too many "SP"s !

Don't anger the forum gods.

ISD Buldath:

> I Saw, I came, I Frowned, I locked, I posted, and I left.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#31 - 2016-02-15 07:42:56 UTC
Friends and comrades! On that side [south] are toil, hunger, nakedness, the drenching storm, desertion, and death; on this side ease and pleasure. There lies Peru with its riches; here, Panama and its poverty. Choose, each man, what best becomes a brave Castilian. For my part, I go to the south.

Some days one just goes and conquers one million people with a handful of soldiers...
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#32 - 2016-02-15 13:15:48 UTC
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2016-02-15 19:40:21 UTC  |  Edited by: jason hill
They mostly come at night......mostly


cmon mofo`s ... its a really famous film !!!!
use your google fu !
Hani Tian
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2016-02-15 20:54:02 UTC
I began the revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#35 - 2016-02-15 23:24:40 UTC
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Frederick Perls commentary on the above "But what is much more widespread than the actual stupidity is the playing stupid, turning off your ear, not listening, not seeing.", is oft forgotten despite its truth.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Hani Tian
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2016-02-16 02:14:10 UTC
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”
Soloman Jackson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2016-02-16 02:26:49 UTC
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
-Benjamin Franklin

“The cold stars spun to the ancient rhythm, the august march of an everlasting symphony. They are old, the stars, and their memory is long.” -Rick Yancey

Mishra San
#38 - 2016-02-16 06:40:07 UTC
Right now, I'd go down on a lawman for a gallon of gas.

-Mickey Knox
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#39 - 2016-02-16 22:40:40 UTC
It's good to be the king.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#40 - 2016-02-16 23:03:24 UTC
Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.