These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Reply with a famous quote

First post First post
Author
Moonacre Parmala
ImperiaI Federation
Goonswarm Federation
#241 - 2016-10-03 05:20:34 UTC
I can only preform One miracle per day,
You missed yesterday,
Today is not your day.
And tomorrow's not looking good either

Law Number III: There are no lazy veteran lion hunters.

Law Number VI: A hungry dog hunts best. A hungrier dog hunts even better.

Law Number XXXVIII: The early bird gets the worm. The early worm....gets eaten.

If in doubt , SHOOT !

Royaldo
Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk Amarr branch.
Clever Use of Neutral Toons
#242 - 2016-10-03 05:55:30 UTC
Better keep your eyes open. It might happen to you at any time.
Lasisha Mishi
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#243 - 2016-10-03 16:09:57 UTC
"That was the worst throw. Ever. Of all time"

"Not my fault, someone put a wall in my way"
Eleonora Crendraven
Global Communications AG
#244 - 2016-10-03 18:31:22 UTC
"What do we know,..., of the world and the universe about us? Our means of receiving impressions are absurdly few, and our notions of surrounding objects infinitely narrow. We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with a wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have."

From Beyond
By H. P. Lovecraft

https://twitter.com/gcAG_EVE

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Eleonora_Crendraven

≡⋁≡

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#245 - 2016-10-03 21:14:12 UTC
I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that ~ HAL

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Jacques d'Orleans
#246 - 2016-10-04 00:02:02 UTC
Thank you for your cooperation. Good night. - Robocop
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#247 - 2016-10-04 18:28:31 UTC
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."
-Homer Simpson
Saturn Sabezan
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#248 - 2016-10-06 15:45:45 UTC
"The right diet directs sexual energy into the parts that matter."

Dame Barbara Cartland
Neckbeard Nixon
Incorruptibles
#249 - 2016-10-07 03:03:33 UTC
"The problem with pandas is that they don’t know how to mate. The only way they learn how is to watch other pandas mate. You see?"

Richard M. Nixon

I sell childrens' organs to zoos.

Fal Shepard
#250 - 2016-10-07 04:17:04 UTC
For many, the line between right and wrong is clear. For others, that only means it's transparent.

From the ashes of our defeat, we will be reborn. With these chains with which we are bound, we will become indivisible. To those who showed us no mercy, we will give no sympathy. For the flames that burn our cities, we will douse in injustice's blood

Jadek Kin
Incorruptibles
#251 - 2016-10-07 17:08:07 UTC
If a window of opportunity appears, don't pull down the shade.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#252 - 2016-10-07 20:29:52 UTC
"Lisa, in this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"
- Homer ; when presented with a perpetual motion machine
selket Shihari
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#253 - 2016-10-09 06:50:17 UTC
"All these memories will be lost...Like tears in the rain"

When life gives you lemons...BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Jacques d'Orleans
#254 - 2016-10-09 13:42:02 UTC
"If God is really speaking through Billy Graham's mouth, it must be acknowledged that God is quite stupid." - Roland Barthes
Jonah Gravenstein
#255 - 2016-10-09 16:52:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! Now, push* off! ~ Brian's Mum

*Dammit, censored word

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Natural CloneKiller
Commonwealth Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#256 - 2016-10-10 09:18:06 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

Some of the people complaining in this thread have valid points about the fact that they don't feel safe. Simple fact of the matter is, that you're not suppose to feel safe in New Eden.

Eve is not a game for the faint hearted. It's a game that will chew you up and spit you out in the blink of an eye if you even think about letting your guard down or becoming complacent.

While every other MMO starts off with an intro that tells you you're going to be the savior of the realm, holds your hand, protects you, nurtures your development and ultimately guides you to your destiny as a hero along with several other million players who've had the exact same experience, EVE assaults you from the second you begin to play after you create a character, spitting you out into a universe that under the surface, is so complex that it's enough to make your head explode.

The entire design is based around being harsh, vicious, relentless, hostile and cold. It's about action and reaction, and the story that unfolds as you experience these two things.

True, we're working hard to lower the bar of entry so that more players can enjoy EVE and can get into the game. Our NPE (New Player Experience) is challenging, and we're trying to improve it to better prepare rookies for what lies out there, but when you start to play eve, you'll always start out as the little fish in the big pond.

The only way to grow is to voraciously consume what's around you, and its your choice whether that happens to be New Eden's abundant natural resources, or the other people who're also fighting their way to the top.

EVE is a playing experience like no other, where every action or reaction resonates through a single universe and is felt by players from all corners of the word. There are no shards here, no mirror universes, no instances and very few rules. If you stumble across something valuable, then chances are someone else already knows where you are, or is working their way toward you and you better be prepared to fight for what you've discovered.

EVE will test you from the outset, from the very second you undock and glimpse the stars, and will take pleasure from sorting those who can survive from those who'd rather curl up and perish.

EVE will let you fight until you collapse, then let you struggle to your feet, exhausted from the effort. Then when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel it'll kick you flat on your ass in the mud again and ask you why you deserve to be standing. It'll test you against every other individual playing at some point or another, and it'll ask for answers.

Give it an answer and maybe it'll let you up again, long enough to gather your thoughts. After a few more steps you're on the ground again and it's asking more questions.

EVE is designed to be harsh, it's designed to be challenging, and it's designed to be so deep and complex that it should fascinate and terrify you at the same time.

Corporation, Alliances and coalitions of tens of thousands have risen and fallen on these basic principles, and every one of those thousands of people has their own unique story to tell about how it affected them and what they experienced.

That's the beauty of EVE. Action and reaction. Emergence.

Welcome to the most frightening virtual playground you'll ever experience.

And this is why I play eve online. Perfect.
Alistair Leslie Graham
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#257 - 2016-10-16 03:29:23 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! Now, push* off! ~ Brian's Mum

*Dammit, censored word

Can we see the muff please? - Me

One time when me was high, me sold me ship for like 24 chicken McNuggets.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#258 - 2016-11-01 18:40:15 UTC
While money can’t buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.
-Groucho Marx
Jonah Gravenstein
#259 - 2016-11-04 20:39:04 UTC
I don't need to be made to look evil. I can do that on my own. ~ Christopher Walken

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Veine Miromme
Gallente Federation
#260 - 2016-11-10 16:44:16 UTC
'Learning without
thought,
and you are
blind,'
Thinking without learning
is a great danger."

- Confucius